GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,342 comments
Good racing with @appu and @Astro_BS-AS just now!

Until I crashed on the back kink of the GP circuit, that is. The whole lap felt weird, was it lap 4 or 5 can't remember. I couldn't get anything right. Held up @Astro_BS-AS big time and might even have had contact, so sorry about that.

Still managed a nice 3rd place, but a little disappointed as I really thought the W just might be on the cards.

Well done to @appu for a great result.

(Here's the picture he wanted to post):

191585ea82090-screenshotUrl.jpg

I was talking to someone who has far more experience with vr than me and he said he was exactly the same, very sick. It was his suggestion to use the tablets for a week or so, going from 2 to 1. Eventually he said that your brain just adapts to it. I got incredibly sick last week after just 3 laps of the Rally race A, I actually had to go and sit outside for nearly an hour in the fresh air before I could go back racing in normal mode.... I must be a big wimp 🤣🤣🤣🤣
We 😵‍💫
I’m going with, that’s what’s holding me back from true GT greatness…and of course from being an astronaut😜.

Last edited:
I spent the last 2 evenings trying to get a decent time for Race B and could only muster up a 1:13 flat. I cannot figure out this track for some reason. No line I try seems to work for me. I thought I would try some online races of course.

Race 1 has me in P5 to my surprise. This race, like the others tonight, were pure chaos. Everyone had a different line for each corner and lots of contact. Like, zero awareness from everyone on corner entry and exit. I have a massive spin on the turn 1 entry on the last lap and finish P12.

My 2nd race has me in P10 and more chaos. I survive and manage a P4 finish. It's hard to predict where others are going to go, or what their brake point is. It kept me on my toes for sure. There was some post race smack talk was amusing to me.

My final race has me in P6 and what a mess on the opening lap. I might have caused some of it, but good golly there were cars everywhere. I save myself from two tank slappers and I'm having some good racing. But I spin on consecutive laps in the turn 1 entry and I've had enough of this week.

Not a good week for my DR. I know, it's not the end of the world, but my usual pattern of getting close to A then bleeding DR strikes again. Hopefully I can get some back at The Glen next week. I need to make some new liveries as I'm tired of them and need a change. Or be lazy and download some over the weekend.

It's the Lambo mostly, whilst it's fast it's one of the if not the most unstable Gr4 cars.
That's interesting because I find the lambo to be extremely stable and easy to drive considering it's a 4wd. You can turn in sharply to a corner breaking traction, and then catch the slide by accelerating out. I find Gr.4 cars like the f-Type, 86 or supra to be a lot harder to control.
I find its more the awkward transition of the banking on T1 that catches people out but that's the same for all cars.

While we are on the topic, I'm sure everyone has been focusing mainly on Daily C this week but I myself have been having a blast with this Daily B combo all week. Why Blue Moon Bay hasn't come up yet in the dailies is beyond me because every time I race there it creates some of the closest, most fun racing I've had in this game! So many good overtaking opportunities and there is nothing more fun than racing cleanly side by side for nearly a whole lap trading positions back and forth. Not many other tracks can claim to be able to achieve this!

Another disconnect on Race C! At least it happened on lap 2 so not a lot of time was invested, but it's getting to be very irritating, especially since DR/SR take a hit.

Good racing with @appu and @Astro_BS-AS just now!

@Astro_BS-AS big time and might even have had contact, so sorry about that.
View attachment 1381340

Hey ! SO great to see you here ! It was such a great race ! And you didn't held me up at all. All the contrary, to be fair.
I was holding the wheel for dear life trying to keep your pace and trying to avoid making big mistakes ... And then I touch the grass with the outside wheel on the straight and trying to give you space I almost ruined your race. I'm sorry! And I'm glad you made it through so well !
I think I ended up 6th or 7th, and then on the next race managed a 4th. Thank the Nordschleife for getting me to DR A again!

Also want to mention that this race on VR is impossible to describe. It's the very definition of "system seller".

That's interesting because I find the lambo to be extremely stable and easy to drive considering it's a 4wd. You can turn in sharply to a corner breaking traction, and then catch the slide by accelerating out. I find Gr.4 cars like the f-Type, 86 or supra to be a lot harder to control.
I find its more the awkward transition of the banking on T1 that catches people out but that's the same for all cars.

While we are on the topic, I'm sure everyone has been focusing mainly on Daily C this week but I myself have been having a blast with this Daily B combo all week. Why Blue Moon Bay hasn't come up yet in the dailies is beyond me because every time I race there it creates some of the closest, most fun racing I've had in this game! So many good overtaking opportunities and there is nothing more fun than racing cleanly side by side for nearly a whole lap trading positions back and forth. Not many other tracks can claim to be able to achieve this!
I agree with you! But you also have to remember that @newmedia_dev likes to drive upside down 😂 😜 🙃

Yes, thoroughly enjoying Race C. I'm not particularly competitive when it comes to lap times, but by making fewer mistakes, letting faster drivers pass (and overtaking them when they crash), and staying focused, it’s a pleasant way to spend the day... Driving the NSX GT500 '00."
What is it like in the wet? Not an easy car to take around the ring. Kudos to you sir!

I’ve had problems turning the DD Pro wheel past 180° and returning it to 0° especially when tires wear or I’m late on my turning mark. This was happening last week on the first hairpin at Eiger Nord.
I just installed this jewel which helps immensely.

View attachment 1381360View attachment 1381361
Wow, awesome rig, den and equipment you own. Oh, you wear red gloves? I see you're racing at Eiger. Isn't it a wonderful track?

Ah man.... So disappointed right now. Did a 1:11:865 earlier and jumped into a race, which moved me up from P10 to P11 in terms of starting position...

Anyhow, a lot of drivers don't seem friendly, including from what I read in the pre-race lobby chat... Did my best to race as fair and as good as I could and I was in P5 as the final lap was coming to an end. Was quite happy with some of my attacking and defensive moves as well.

And then one of the "feistiest" cars catches up to me after I was slowed down by the Top 4 on the previous lap (had built up a 1s lead on him by the end of Lap 4) 😵 Predictably, I get hit hard as we brake into T1 but I survive. Still not happy, he rams into me again on the next turn, even harder... I have damage on both sides, in the grass and down to P10 with 2/3 of a lap remaining 😖 💩😭 And then of course with dirty tires and damage, I was overtaken again to finish back where I started, P11... And lost DR for my efforts as well 🤬😡

Also wow @Nebuc72 you took that 0.002s serious last night! 😂 Nice!

1723806660172.jpeg
1723806669869.jpeg

1723806681536.jpeg
1723806692701.jpeg

Last edited:
Decided to call it a week after getting one more win on Race B and the GR Supra Gr.4 has been a good car to use around BMB. It's just enough to give the herd of Huracans a challenge.

1723807376519.png

1723807424401.png

I'm really happy to see for once the GR Supra being a viable car for a Gr.4 daily race.

same here. Great Races , because the track is wide. My time is 1:13:167 In the Vantage, but i use mostly the G70 for races. I like it because it is not the usual, driving behind each other,until one makes a mistake. Because ,lets be honest , overtaking without cutting someone of, is nearly impossible because of BoP in any race. The HuracanGR4 isn't that good in race. Thats why i had always a good variety of cars on the grid….and Sorry to the ones who care about their DR too much... I went from DR B down to DR D, back to DR C in 2 weeks. Lets remind ourselves, that noone cares about our DR except ourselves, so enjoy the game, i had great races in D as well as in B..and i had races in B (i think Trial Mountain) , wherein the time for the winner, was 3 seconds faster than in a D race.

Decided to call it a week after getting one more win on Race B and the GR Supra Gr.4 has been a good car to use around BMB. It's just enough to give the herd of Huracans a challenge.

View attachment 1381432
View attachment 1381433

I'm really happy to see for once the GR Supra being a viable car for a Gr.4 daily race.
HAHAHA, one thing i learnt through the Internet, No one is ever alone with her/his opinion. i had the same thought about the same car ...every week when there is GR4 race. i try to Race my Barbie Supra. it´s fast, but i never bring home a good time in it. today i try the supra again, thanks to your motivation :-)

Wow, awesome rig, den and equipment you own. Oh, you wear red gloves? I see you're racing at Eiger. Isn't it a wonderful track?
Eiger has become one of my favorite courses. My wife laughs at me every time she sees me with the gloves but, I get blisters from the wheel.

I’ve had problems turning the DD Pro wheel past 180° and returning it to 0° especially when tires wear or I’m late on my turning mark. This was happening last week on the first hairpin at Eiger Nord.
I just installed this jewel which helps immensely.

View attachment 1381360View attachment 1381361
Almost looks like the steering wheel of my forklift at work 😅😉

HAHAHA, one thing i learnt through the Internet, No one is ever alone with her/his opinion. i had the same thought about the same car ...every week when there is GR4 race. i try to Race my Barbie Supra. it´s fast, but i never bring home a good time in it. today i try the supra again, thanks to your motivation :-)
It all started when I was looking at my friends' times on my leaderboard then I saw some pulling a 1:12 with the GR Supra and that is where I gave the Supra a go and from there I was convinced that it was fast enough to give those Huracans a run for their money and overall from Monday to Fridays, a total of 8 wins were done with the Supra so it was a good week running the Supra overall.

I had another good race at the Nord last night. Started on pole and was leading through lap 3 when, as I was determining that this was going to be a dry race, I was messing with my HUD and fuel maps to see if I could fuel save when I stack it through lack of track concentration and allow P2 to pass me. In a way that was kind of fun as after that we had a really close race for a bit which made it all so more exciting.

I determined I wasn't going to be able to save enough fuel and pressed on with map1 and hoped others would do the same. End of lap 4, me and p1 dove in the pits as did p4 and seemingly everyone else, but P3 stayed out. As a result p2 and me, now in p3, had lost a spot. I'd been on the tail of P2 for a couple laps now but finally passed him on the carousel lap 5 after he over shot it and I jumped to p2.
Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 10.07.14 AM.png

(It's more exciting when it is this close!) After that I was able to pull ahead again.

I'd been hoping that P1 would have to stop for a splash and dash but he did not so timed a no-stopper perfectly. I'd managed to catch up enough to see him on the end straight, but not enough to challenge. He earned a well strategized win and I got 2nd.

I lost out on a potential third win of the week by not having a fuel saving strategy for dry races. This was my first dry in five races and until then I'd always assumed I'd need to pit at some point...

Last edited:
I had another good race at the Nord last night. Started on pole and was leading through lap 3 when, as I was determining that this was going to be a dry race, I was messing with my HUD and fuel maps to see if I could fuel save when I stack it through lack of track concentration and allow P2 to pass me. In a way that was kind of fun as after that we had a really close race for a bit which made it all so more exciting.

I determined I wasn't going to be able to save enough fuel and pressed on with map1 and hoped others would do the same. End of lap 4, me and p1 dove in the pits as did p4 and seemingly everyone else, but P3 stayed out. As a result p2 and me, now in p3, had lost a spot. I'd been on the tail of P2 for a couple laps now but finally passed him on the carousel lap 5 after he over shot it and I jumped to p2.
View attachment 1381482
(It's more exciting when it is this close!) After that I was able to pull ahead again.

I'd been hoping that P1 would have to stop for a splash and dash but he did not so timed a no-stopper perfectly. I'd managed to catch up enough to see him on the end straight, but not enough to challenge. He earned a well strategized win and I got 2nd.

I lost out on a potential third win of the week by not having a fuel saving strategy for dry races. This was my first dry in five races and until then I'd always assumed I'd need to pit at some point...
Had another go today, and got a completely dry race again! There was no rain shown anywhere on the map, but one of the drivers near the front decided to stop for full wets for some reason 🤔. Needless to say his tyres were shot by about halfway through lap 2, and he had to stop again for RHs at the end of that lap.

Started P16, finished P9 out of 12, no-stopping in the 911 again. Looked like about half of the field no-stopped.

3 races so far, all won by 911s.

Started P16, finished P9 out of 12, no-stopping in the 911 again. Looked like about half of the field no-stopped.

3 races so far, all won by 911s.
What is your fuel map for a no-stopper in the 911?

It was the 911 that beat me last night. The 4C is a beast in the wet and corners but I don't think it is the most fuel efficient.

It was the 911 that beat me last night. The 4C is a beast in the wet and corners but I don't think it is the most fuel efficient.
I use fuel map 2, with AT - works out OK as long as you remember to turn to fuel map 6 during the auto drive before the start.

Been persevering with the Honda all week for B, @Nebuc72 put in a time so that was something to chase.

Now have a flat 1:12.000 on the board on my alt acc that I run slightly different wheel and pedal settings on.

A long way off of the times I can achieve but limited this week in time compared to normal and so a limited gain for me this week.

The racing has been mixed across all of my accounts. Some are awesome some are very much thirsty sweat fests. Come with the territory a simple short track and not a lot of laps and no strat.

But despite the cries there are smiles and that is another non meta win.

IMG_1002.jpeg

I do hope they find a way to fix Gr4 it's my favourite class for competitive racing. The speeds and handling are just right. Now if they can get the balance right it's the Goldilocks for me racing wise.

I don't think the Ferrari could have a hope of non stopping either - well not with me driving it anyway. I even had to fuel save after refuelling up to the marker on the fuel gauge! :lol:

Had 4 laps of this in the Ferrari - it was quite stressful - but also awesome fun.

Absolutely loving the feel of Gr3 now that I'm more familiar with it.

Edit/ @newmedia_dev awesome - love a non meta win 👍

But despite the cries there are smiles and that is another non meta win.

View attachment 1381549

I do hope they find a way to fix Gr4 it's my favourite class for competitive racing. The speeds and handling are just right. Now if they can get the balance right it's the Goldilocks for me racing wise.

Last edited:
I use fuel map 2, with AT - works out OK as long as you remember to turn to fuel map 6 during the auto drive before the start.
You can fuel save driving the auto drive before the start? Never thought of that one. The 911 does seem to be becoming a bit of a meta. I can do a full dry race with just a little short-shifting in it.

How does the fuel remaining indicator work, what does 0.1 laps left actually mean? I thought it meant between 0.1 and 0.19999, so when it switched to 0.0, I'd take that as meaning 1/10th of laps worth of fuel left. It doesn't seem that way, I hit 0.0 just before the bridge over the kink at the end of the looooong straight. Then ran out of fuel exiting the final turn, coasted my way to the line without losing a place, but need to allow a bit more of a margin in future.

How does the fuel remaining indicator work, what does 0.1 laps left actually mean? I thought it meant between 0.1 and 0.19999, so when it switched to 0.0, I'd take that as meaning 1/10th of laps worth of fuel left. It doesn't seem that way, I hit 0.0 just before the bridge over the kink at the end of the looooong straight. Then ran out of fuel exiting the final turn, coasted my way to the line without losing a place, but need to allow a bit more of a margin in future.
Tough to say, but it's likely rounding and that's not how rounding works at all.

If so, 0.1 would be 0.05 to 0.149. 0.0 would therefore be 0.049 or less.

You can fuel save driving the auto drive before the start? Never thought of that one. The 911 does seem to be becoming a bit of a meta. I can do a full dry race with just a little short-shifting in it.

I would say that 0.1 means you have between 0 and 0.1 laps (i.e you had 0.1 when it turned to 0.1 and now you have less). Similarly 0 means zero.

Last edited:
Back