GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,272 comments
I think you are right. I experienced similar differences from one of the r
Qualifying to another, after making some changes. I always thought it's just that I lost momentum or I'm just not as focused as before.
As said a few pages back (by me) is that oil and chassis/engine condition impact a cars performance.

BoP is weight, power and sometimes chassis settings.

Worn oil and engine/chassis condition impact things like the speed of revs, the smoothness of the revving and max RPM.

These affect lap time optimums potentially.

I can feel when driving if the car has worn oil just by the hesitancy and smoothness when accelerating.

You can also see it when chasing ghosts.

Rent a cars don't suffer from this as they are reset every time you enter a session. There is a caveat in doing hugely extended sessions but that would be a rarity as most people won't do a few hundred miles in a single session.

I believe this is a nod to older GTs where an oil change on a used car gave you a few extra BHP and cleaning the car added money when you were selling it.

As with everything they have moved the concept on a little more and made it more complex now.

Last edited:
Races 4-6 of Grand Valley are available in my gallery if anyone wants to take a look, put in the search bar my username, rising_glass1.
I'm fixing to go to bed, I need to chill off the races for a couple days. I'm going on a short vacation Wednesday night through Friday morning.

@newmedia_dev hope your small trip went well, you said you had to go to the airport.

@Stilva Yeah I had some issues too when I first began the qualification session, after 30 minutes I finally scored a decent lap.

Last night was the first chance I have had to even look at the Dailies after my son was born a week ago. Anyway, I didn't race, only practiced QT for Suzuka in VR. Must say, the NSX is a weapon 😍😍 and in vr the view is very good in cockpit (except the complete lack of facility to raise yourself in the car normally without having to resort to a hack). Anyway, I only gave 30 minutes at it as I'm still getting used to it and the comfort kit won't be here until Friday. Managed a 1.50.9 but I reckon I can easily find another second or so later on. Am still reluctant to race in VR but my Dr rating has tanked so badly on my main account I might just go ahead and give it a try later on 👍 I'm not a fan of GV so won't bother with race B and race A is just repetitive at this stage

Yeah, it is a fierce weapon, almost every driver is using the NSX Concept '16 car. It is quick through most of the complex corners of Suzuka. It has quick braking reflexes too and stability.

Last edited:
@newmedia_dev hope your small trip went well, you said you had to go to the airport
It's going lovely thank you Chris :)

IMG_1043.jpeg

Last night was the first chance I have had to even look at the Dailies after my son was born a week ago. Anyway, I didn't race, only practiced QT for Suzuka in VR. Must say, the NSX is a weapon 😍😍 and in vr the view is very good in cockpit
Congratulations mate!
I think we are going to see less posts of you but for good reasons.

Imo this NSX has the most inmersive cockpit to race in vr, its amazing.

Last edited:
Did you notice a gap somewhere when finishing, as in a portion of the field finish +20s after you? Tried with main and 2nd accounts and found that unless you are starting within the top 7, you're pretty much at the mercy of the level of dirt of other drivers! Interesting point about BB, I stayed at +1 front all throughout my QT trials but will see if I can try your suggestion tomorrow. PS - epic time - really impressive!

Indeed - in some races it was three-four disappearing at the horizon, and then rest of the pack battling it out 5-8 seconds behind.

And THANKS for the compliments, yes, very unusual that I see you below me in the friends leaderboard. However currently I'm only at third fasted.

When it weirds out like that, just take it off and put it on again. It just failed at orientation. Nbd.

Also. Between they eyes there is a small recessed hole. Thats a light/dark sensor which tells the headset its on someones head and time to do its thing. When cleaning its easy to cross over and invoke the headset, which annoys it as the front cameras are usually facing your palm or some other place their unfamiliar with. Do it a few times and it wants to rescan. Anyway, popping it off letting the screen on the tv take dominance then popping it back on usually works when your pressed for time

Great tips, will keep it in mind the next time I try something so stupid as yesterday. I've been doing races now for a year or so, and normally I never, never, touch anything around the wheel, headset, sound or so, but lately I've been less careful.

Last night was the first chance I have had to even look at the Dailies after my son was born a week ago. Anyway, I didn't race, only practiced QT for Suzuka in VR. Must say, the NSX is a weapon 😍😍 and in vr the view is very good in cockpit (except the complete lack of facility to raise yourself in the car normally without having to resort to a hack). Anyway, I only gave 30 minutes at it as I'm still getting used to it and the comfort kit won't be here until Friday. Managed a 1.50.9 but I reckon I can easily find another second or so later on. Am still reluctant to race in VR but my Dr rating has tanked so badly on my main account I might just go ahead and give it a try later on 👍 I'm not a fan of GV so won't bother with race B and race A is just repetitive at this stage
Congratulations mate 😊 Many early morning dailies while feeding will be in order.

Yea, it's not horrible. My pre-race lap times were almost a full second off the Genesis, though. Also, coming from the Genesis and running +5 BB, I did the same in the Stang... which was a mistake. Almost lost the car like three times on lap one in the braking/turn-in zone just being super loose. Once I changed it to 0 it was much more behaved.

That being said I like the Genesis quite a bit (I've only tried it and the Mustang to be fair). It's a tail-happy machine but it's one of those cars, like the Supra, you can just upshift it to the moon and it's got the torque curve to pull though, which mitigates some of the wanting to spin out all the time. Kinda cheating but whatever.

QT thus far is a 28.7. T1 is a fickle b****.
Also my favorite. I always liked big limousines in motorsports. And the Genesis Gr. 3 is easy to adapt to and in 2nd gear, it nearly tears the skin off my body. I also like the g70 gr4....... Facts from me: fastest Quali in race B: 1:58.2xx lancér evo. (i tried megane gr4, tt, mazda3) the Mazda was slow, also on the straight????, the me gane (not slophy and BB to +1, no TCS or asc, ) was fastest with 228km/h and 1:59.1xx...audi Tt was nice to drive. And I'm back at Dr C, I don't care though. I want to have fun racing with fair drivers, this can happen in D as well as in A...

@Tazzy-91 congratulations dude :cheers:

As for racing.. was really exited for Daily Race C but after one race I doubt I'll do much of em if any at all.. Started on P9 on my alt and it was a disaster.. Following behind someone close is absolutly aweful. No way to pass for me unless the driver in front makes a mistake.

Sadly I was the one making mistakes as i clipped the green with my back tire twice. 2 nice pirouettes and on the second one a 1.5s penalty for meeting Barry on top of the spin.. Sure.. the spin wasn't enough 😂

Also I struggled hard with the tires. After 4 laps they were gone. Had BB on 2 towards the back 😣

Congratulations mate.

Back of the net!!! Now the real fun in life begins it will be easy and hard, smiles and cries but more than worth it.

Congratulations my friend! Having a beer to wet the babies head with ya fellow racer!

confused-britney-confused.gif

Please enlighten this American to..... like........... what?
Hahaha, thanks to you all 👍👍
This isn't my first rodeo, I already have a 16 and a 14 year old from a previous life. However, at 44 years old it's taking some time to get used to night feeds again 🤣🤣🤣

As for wetting the babies head, that is traditional and has to be done. I had my night last Monday and died a death for 2 days after 🙈

I got a pretty solid time for Race B - I think it's 1:58.2xx, which is around the top 2.5K mark. Got a Q4/P5 on my first run, too, but I like this combination quite a bit, so I'm hoping to increase my DR this week - ideally insofar that I get into DR A, especially since I'm already pretty high up in DR B.

EDIT: And if anyone wants to know, it does look like 4WD cars are all the rage for Race B, especially the GT-R. That said, the Huracan and WRX are popular, too - though I did have someone in an NSX finish ahead of me once.

Last edited:
Google is your friend.
What's the fun in that?

It's the cigar thing, or a drink or preferably both.

Google is your friend. But basically the males celebrate the wife doing stuff we try not to think about and it's an excuse to have a beer 😉

I was gonna be so so cheeky back you but thought better of it 😝

I get the sentiment, we do the cigar thing and need little excuse to have a beer... but the term itself is NOT used here. So, you can probably see my confusion.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Race B getting a little processional at the front, wins keep coming from the lambo and I just can’t keep up with it, managed to get my QT down to 1.57.4

Might leave it alone until the weekend warriors join and spice things up 😆

@Tazzy-91 congrats mate, 👍

It's going lovely thank you Chris :)

View attachment 1384440
Clearly AI generated from a basement!!! /s Lucky dude!

As for racing.. was really exited for Daily Race C but after one race I doubt I'll do much of em if any at all.. Started on P9 on my alt and it was a disaster.. Following behind someone close is absolutly aweful. No way to pass for me unless the driver in front makes a mistake.

Sadly I was the one making mistakes as i clipped the green with my back tire twice. 2 nice pirouettes and on the second one a 1.5s penalty for meeting Barry on top of the spin.. Sure.. the spin wasn't enough 😂

Also I struggled hard with the tires. After 4 laps they were gone. Had BB on 2 towards the back 😣
Race C this week is hard on the concentration, the trick to get a pass is setting it up, by getting close to the other car on the exit of the corne,r and then getting the slipstream, alternative, drive another car than the NSX and see where that brings you..

What's the fun in that?

I get the sentiment, we do the cigar thing and need little excuse to have a beer... but the term itself is NOT used here. So, you can probably see my confusion.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled program.
Makes sense, I think it was misappropriated from christenings where literally the babies head is wet.

I understand it might not be a universal term but most parents on here in the male side could have probably read between the lines or got the meaning.

Its all good but basically have beer to celebrate

Race C this week is hard on the concentration, the trick to get a pass is setting it up, by getting close to the other car on the exit of the corne,r and then getting the slipstream, alternative, drive another car than the NSX and see where that brings you..
Im seeing lot of criticism for this weekly C but Im enjoying it.
Basically is a race of atrittion where managment of slipstream and dirty air are the keys.

Not the side by side racing that we all enjoy but it is a good combo Imo.
The Gr2. ffb is actually the best after 1.49 update. I can feel a "connection" with the car that I dont feel in other groups.

C this week is hard on the concentration, the trick to get a pass is setting it up, by getting close to the other car on the exit of the corne,r and then getting the slipstream, alternative, drive another car than the NSX and see where that brings you..
I've been making up places in every race, but only managed one on track pass so far - the rest of the gains have come from passing cars whilst they're off track, serving penalties, or in the pits!

Been using the GTR GT500, and I've noticed that it seems to look after it's tyres better than the NSX - it appears that the NSXs are struggling just before the pitstops, and on the last lap or two of the race.

I've also seen people trying to stretch the pitstop beyond lap 6, that doesn't appear to be a very useful strategy - they usually lose a few places when they do eventually stop.

Races 4-6 of Grand Valley are available in my gallery if anyone wants to take a look, put in the search bar my username, rising_glass1.
I'm fixing to go to bed, I need to chill off the races for a couple days. I'm going on a short vacation Wednesday night through Friday morning.

@newmedia_dev hope your small trip went well, you said you had to go to the airport.

@Stilva Yeah I had some issues too when I first began the qualification session, after 30 minutes I finally scored a decent lap.

Chris, I reviewed one of your shared races and overall it's quite good, though there was noticeable pressure from your competitors. I have a few suggestions for improvement, should you be interested in feedback.

Regarding race B, there's clear progress for me with my time now at 1:56.0, yet it places me second among friends list. My optimum is 55.8, but the challenging part remains the hard braking into the tunnel and the subsequent chicane – it's tricky to nail.

In races, PD matches me with A+ players even though I'm ranked BS, which is advantageous as I gain DR points regardless of the outcome. But no more clubbing-seal-fun it seems.

Ahhh, I feel better now - non NSX win.

I think the Nissan is quicker on the straights and feels more stable to me on turn in. It may be slightly better on worn tyres too?

191957bf53161-screenshotUrl.jpg

After the race, I managed to improve my Q time by a tenth on my NSX time, and there's definitely more to be had (was 2 tenths up in the first sector of the following lap)

1:48.370

Last edited:
Im seeing lot of criticism for this weekly C but Im enjoying it.
Basically is a race of atrittion where managment of slipstream and dirty air are the keys.

Not the side by side racing that we all enjoy but it is a good combo Imo.
The Gr2. ffb is actually the best after 1.49 update. I can feel a "connection" with the car that I dont feel in other groups.
Yeah I was surprised by the critics, I love these races. There is something about the "remote" battle where you know the driver behind you and the one in front of you can see if you are gaining or losing time.

Sure we have a time trial but I don't think that many people are spending enough hours on that to feel race c is more of the same.
I got silver and then it was of to the races..

Back at Grand Valley for some racing this evening. Try as I might I could not improve my quick time. I do need to get that sorted out as being up front would be better based on my races tonight.

My first race has me in P9 to start. The opening lap is chaos with everyone playing bumper cars and multiple off tracks. I manage to get by and settle into a 3 car train of P4, P5, and myself in P6. I make a pass on the final straight and take over P5 with a .006 margin. I did lose some SR with the chaos on lap 1 though.

Grand Valley - Highway 1_.jpeg

More chaos in my second race where I'm P6 on the grid. It's full elbows out racing and I gave some shots out. Not the best idea, but I wasn't going to sit there and take it. I save am almost spin on the final lap and manage to catch the tail end of the leaders. I snag P5 thanks to a penalty a driver ahead of me had received. I lose even more SR and decide to go the Red Bull Ring and hang in the back and recover SR. Two races got me back to 50-ish percent so that should be fine for tomorrow.

It seems that others don't know Grand Valley well, as I'm on the brakes a ton following behind other drivers entering corners. I've nearly rear-ended a few. Just keep an eye out for drivers early on the brakes.

Did a couple Cs on an alt and that is a fun race. I agree with @Childe Roland in that there is not much side-by-side action going on (and let's be real, Suzuka isn't the best track for that anyway) but it's more of a 'you need to be there in case of a mistake' by the drivers ahead. The Gr2 cars (at least the new ones) drive so well now; they're a lot of fun. Point, shoot, and they go! I wish PD would use them in sport mode more, and more on different tracks. Seems like every time we get them it's Fuji, Suzuka, or Autopolis. Heck, there may be one more I am forgetting, but my original point still stands.

Been doing more Daily As than anything. Just so easy to drop in and go. My 28.7 has me starting towards the front on all the races I've done in all different time slots. I matched it on my EMEA account, started P2 and even though P1 was a smidge faster (opened up his lead to ~1.5s by lap six) but lost it out of T3 so I was gifted that one.

242bb376c4f8c4733fedd9cd5d6a1db4_photo.webp

Saw Z28 streaming so I decided to jump on and stream snipe him. Got into his lobby, starting on pole; Z, in the Vette, was starting P4. He took P2 at T3 of lap four. From there I had built up a lead of 2.X seconds so almost three more laps to keep Z in the rear view. Not gonna lie, once he took P2 the nerves struck and I made a couple mistakes, especially on the last lap (in fairness I played that last lap really safe as I didn't want to bin it on stream lol). But, it was enough. Had it been another lap or two it may have been a different story. But for every driver looking for one more lap there's a driver glad there isn't one. I'll take it.

8392c68a41b85efbdeb1c0da82de8840_photo.webp

The chase starts here, for anyone interested (video is time stamped).

ETA - The above doesn't seem to be working (for me anyway) so the time stamped link is below:

YT Vid

Last edited:
Race B getting a little processional at the front, wins keep coming from the lambo and I just can’t keep up with it, managed to get my QT down to 1.57.4

Might leave it alone until the weekend warriors join and spice things up 😆

@Tazzy-91 congrats mate, 👍
Yes and I can't explain why. Since the update (I think) the gr4 huracan became a bad car, in my opinion. I tried it last week in any possible set up and this week. It just feels really bad. So anybody, please give me your set up, if you managed a good time in it.. I remember i was always good in it, changing nothing, depending on track I sometimes put TCS to 1 but now..... And it's definitely not the fastest on the long uphill straight. Around 229kmh

Yes and I can't explain why. Since the update (I think) the gr4 huracan became a bad car, in my opinion. I tried it last week in any possible set up and this week. It just feels really bad. So anybody, please give me your set up, if you managed a good time in it.. I remember i was always good in it, changing nothing, depending on track I sometimes put TCS to 1 but now..... And it's definitely not the fastest on the long uphill straight. Around 229kmh
I tried too the RSR at RBR this morning too, that was boring, only way I got past ppl was if they spun out or crashed as @bone_tone also mentioned.

Can’t remember the racing being so processional as this?

WG was a little the same last week, hopefully is just a blip

Back