GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,294 comments
Have a play with either +4 or +5 BB, depending on your driving style. The more aggressive you are, the more positive BB you need. I tend to shift from +3 or +4, depending on how my DD Pro feels like acting šŸ¤£ Seriously, it's never the same in between sessions...
I forgot to mention, I improved my time today with -2, canā€™t remember who mentioned that just recently.

Usually Iā€™m a +2 kinda guy šŸ¤£

I forgot to mention, I improved my time today with -2, canā€™t remember who mentioned that just recently.

Usually Iā€™m a +2 kinda guy šŸ¤£
Twitchy cars (4x4 drivetrain) which tend to oversteer on braking whilst slightly touching the steering, such as the Huracan and especially since the new physics, require a positive BB to be tamed. Before the update, I drove it at -3 but now, depending on the tires we get, it's either -1 or else, like this week, between -3 to -5, because of the extreme sensitivity to oversteer.

Just my 2 cents, though, everyone has their own style and preferences šŸ˜ As long as you enjoy it and improve, the hell with people's suggestions, including my own šŸ˜‚

Twitchy cars (4x4 drivetrain) which tend to oversteer on braking whilst slightly touching the steering, such as the Huracan and especially since the new physics, require a positive BB to be tamed. Before the update, I drove it at -3 but now, depending on the tires we get, it's either -1 or else, like this week, between -3 to -5, because of the extreme sensitivity to oversteer.

Just my 2 cents, though, everyone has their own style and preferences šŸ˜ As long as you enjoy it and improve, the hell with people's suggestions, including my own šŸ˜‚
I will maybe try the Huracan again after work with that BB. I had a brief go yesterday and was faster than my GT-R time through the first half of the lap.

In a race, using the Ferrari, I don't gain or lose much and I enjoy driving it. I saw a few guys using the Viper to good effect - I used to like the Viper in GT Sport but don't think I've used it in GT7 šŸ¤”

Last edited:
10 days away has really hurt my pace in my first 20 laps.

But have noticed I really don't like my wheel settings and the over feel the game has at the moment.

I need to settle back in a bit but either my settings are seriously bad or the trade off is weight to mask the feel or so little weight to minimise the curb feel as it's not natural.

Welcome back!! Well my second race at Eiger was bad, I got drowsy during Lap 2 and then things started to go down south, I recorded it in the showcase but some of you will get a laugh out of it, I was not focused and alert. I was making mistakes left and right. I finished a lap behind, three others had a bad time too so I wasn't alone. My pace has always been slow in both GT games; Sport and gt7. So this is nothing new. My 3-5th races were better, but I had to take a small nap. I see Technoislove and Barney Da Dog had a great fun productive racing day today.

Last edited:
10 days away has really hurt my pace in my first 20 laps.

But have noticed I really don't like my wheel settings and the over feel the game has at the moment.

I need to settle back in a bit but either my settings are seriously bad or the trade off is weight to mask the feel or so little weight to minimise the curb feel as it's not natural.
welcome back sir āœ‹

I hope those settings can be found and your back alien hunting ASAP

post holiday reset probably šŸ˜

@TechnoIsLove I went with BB +4.

I entered a race, and was...... 10th on the grid šŸ™„ pole man was 1:24.865 (4th in world) I only had 1 bar connection, so went and sat in the pits ā˜¹ļø

@newmedia_dev currently using this
ā€¢ Wheelbase Settings (DD Pro 8nm)
ā€¢ FFB: 100
ā€¢ NDP: 25
ā€¢ NFR: 5
ā€¢ NIN: 3
ā€¢ INT: 3

ā€¢ In-Game Settings
ā€¢ FFB Max Strength: 8 GR4, 6 or 7 GR2 and GR3
ā€¢ FFB Sensitivity: 8

Last edited:
Well, looks like I'll be busy at Eiger this time, I won't be doing as many races at Sardegna, my time is so good at Eiger that 5 of my 6 races I have gotten the pole time. So my 1'11.412 time is really good for the C/D lobbies. I like how the tires from the karts stick to the road making them stable. I even have TCS set at 1.

@Barney Da Dog I'm using BB at a negative value, -2. Gotta try to get a sub 1'27.500-1'28.000.

Last edited:
@TechnoIsLove I went with BB +4.

I entered a race, and was...... 10th on the grid šŸ™„ pole man was 1:24.865 (4th in world) I only had 1 bar connection, so went and sat in the pits ā˜¹ļø

@newmedia_dev currently using this
ā€¢ Wheelbase Settings (DD Pro 8nm)
ā€¢ FFB: 100
ā€¢ NDP: 25
ā€¢ NFR: 5
ā€¢ NIN: 3
ā€¢ INT: 3

ā€¢ In-Game Settings
ā€¢ FFB Max Strength: 8 GR4, 6 or 7 GR2 and GR3
ā€¢ FFB Sensitivity: 8

Dude you have to adjust the video title - I was very confused to read 1:27:00 hahaha - really well done! Will write down my settings after work and post them here as I also have a DD Pro with 8nm (still missing the brake spring thing, though). But my wheel has more settings if memory serves well, like FEI and DPR, etc..

What I can tell you is for in-game controller settings, first one is at 5 and then the Strength is 2 and Sensitivity is 9 in my case.

This Race C with Gr3 cars is a lot harder than the one from last month. I can't finish higher than 8th. The previous race I finished 2nd or 3rd.

I am currently DR mid-B (SR S), and pretty much all races are 100% B/S. But then today around noon, suddenly more than half of the grid in race B was A/S and A+/S. This happened for two back-to-back races (in which I did surprisingly wellšŸ˜Š) and then it went back to the normal 100% B/S.
What would be the likely explanation for this?
(Perhaps my relatively good QT at 1:26:3 plays a part. But still weird to suddenly be only four B drivers in a grid of A and A+. But I guess it could be simply because suddenly everybody was eating lunch.šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø)

I am currently DR mid-B (SR S), and pretty much all races are 100% B/S. But then today around noon, suddenly more than half of the grid in race B was A/S and A+/S. This happened for two back-to-back races (in which I did surprisingly wellšŸ˜Š) and then it went back to the normal 100% B/S.
(Perhaps my relatively good QT at 1:26:3 plays a part. But still weird to suddenly be only four B drivers in a grid of A and A+. But I guess it could be simply because suddenly everybody was eating lunch.šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø)
I've had similar. I presume it was a case of not enough A+ and A at the time to fill the ranks and so some Bs were "promoted". It happened to me last week at Grand Valley. My B rank was only 40% at the time but I had this competition, which was a bit alarming at the time, also more international than typical American lobbies. Notice, even then, it only filled 15 of the 16 spots.
Gran TurismoĀ® 7_20240901193131.jpg

Still I was able to gain a spot and come in as the highest place B. I actually don't mind it as you get to race with more consistent and better drivers and you'll often still gain points as long as you can finish top 10.

From my prior account's racing career I found that you will end up in a lot more of these types of lobbies as you get over around 75% DR B.

Last edited:
A mix of factors - but definitely not your practice/qualifying time, as that forms no part of matchmaking.

Matchmaking is primarily sorted by SR, and the letters are not single instances. Each letter covers a range of ratings from 1 to 99, although I can't remember precisely what values correspond to what numbers other than low to high :lol:

However "S" covers a range of 80-99, which is a lot. But within this are two groups (at least to my recollection) of 80-89 and 90-99; the matchmaking will primarily seek to match all the 90-99 SR entries with each other first.

What this means is it will take all entries to a particular race at a particular time with SR 90-99 and stick them in a pot. It then matches these drivers by DR, starting at 100,000pt and going all the way down to 1. This generally puts A+ and A together, A and B together, and B/C/D together - with some overlaps.

After that, all the all entries to that race slot with SR 80-89 will go into a pot, then matched by DR on the same basis. The DR grouping can be much odder here as there are fewer SR 80-89 drivers (to my recollection).

One of two things could have happened here then: you're normally in the SR 80-89 pool but found yourself briefly in the SR 90-99 pool and matched with the cleaner drivers of whom there were few entering that race; or you're normally in the SR 90-99 pool but found yourself briefly in the SR 80-89 pool and matched with the less clean drivers.

As the SR 90-99 pot is bigger (because the majority of drivers are actually clean long-term) and it only takes a bad race to drop into the 80s, the latter is more likely. A couple of clean results and you're back in among the SR 90-99 group and the matchmaking is closer in DR terms.

I thought it was slightly different in GT7 and bad SR only dropped you to the bottom of your DR letter rather than behind everyone with a clean SR?

It would explain why there are A DR/B SR drivers in that race - the bad SR drops them behind other A DR drivers who might have worse raw DR, but they still get into top split because they are still ahead of B DR drivers on the "ladder".

Dude you have to adjust the video title - I was very confused to read 1:27:00 hahaha - really well done! Will write down my settings after work and post them here as I also have a DD Pro with 8nm (still missing the brake spring thing, though). But my wheel has more settings if memory serves well, like FEI and DPR, etc..

What I can tell you is for in-game controller settings, first one is at 5 and then the Strength is 2 and Sensitivity is 9 in my case.
Yes and there was me thinking someone else was struggling like me šŸ¤£

Until the 1.25.7 popped up

šŸ¤£

Yes and there was me thinking someone else was struggling like me šŸ¤£

Until the 1.25.7 popped up

šŸ¤£
It was a long day šŸ¤£

I actually have more luck in the races using the Ferrari - I find the 4wd cars very awkward to drive. I see the NSX now among the top times - I will have to try it again - had a brief go but was very slow in it.

I don't know honestly. Famine and TheNormsk explained it really thorough from what I read just a moment ago. It's weird how DR/SR is calculated based on what type of lobby you're in. I've had a few good races this afternoon at Sardegna B. I recorded all of them if you guys want to take a look. Most of them were clean. I avoided a couple accidents from the other drivers. I am at a 1'29.518 atm. But hopefully that will change soon.

@Barney Da Dog I rarely have any kind of luck using any Ferrari Gr.3/4 car. I normally follow the meta car used by the other top drivers.

It was a long day šŸ¤£

I actually have more luck in the races using the Ferrari - I find the 4wd cars very awkward to drive. I see the NSX now among the top times - I will have to try it again - had a brief go but was very slow in it.
Yeah I feel ya! The Ferrari at least has a great sound and would be enjoyable to drive, come the weekend I need to fix on something.

Although my times are not there the races have been fairly enjoyable and clean

@Barney Da Dog I rarely have any kind of luck using any Ferrari Gr.3/4 car. I normally follow the meta car used by the other top drivers.

Me neither šŸ¤£ usually pick off a couple of spots in the Ferrari. I just try to avoid racing in whatever is popular.

Yeah I feel ya! The Ferrari at least has a great sound and would be enjoyable to drive, come the weekend I need to fix on something.

Although my times are not there the races have been fairly enjoyable and clean

I'm getting in lobbies full of YouTubers and aliens, no chance of a win, so I'm happy just finishing in the top half of the grid

I figured that back to school might clean up the rooms in the day time, but now we're left with the overgrown adolescents. :grumpy:

I don't understand the bumper car crowd. Like, why?

Also, am I the only one that feels somewhat upset by the bump draft? Like, I get it on an oval, but when it's a regular daily race, just pass ffs.

Last edited:
Something amazing happened yesterday, a genuine, real and not imagined Daily Race C win!

191c3a9844a21-screenshotUrl.jpg

Only one other Genesis in the grid so I'm assuming it's not a fancied car here (for some reason), started 6th and clocked some consistent laps and dodging chaos on Lap 1 to eventually find myself left alone after everyone else was boxing.

Upon pit exit, I was trailing the Portuguese driver and the Fastest Lap Holder (not pictured, more on that in a minute). They were fighting hard for 1st place on Soft Tyres, which was the opposite strategy I had gone for. In the end it didn't matter, because as I was hoping, one took out the other early in the second stint, putting the pressure back on my to keep it together and bring home the win. The guy who took my FL by more than a second obviously had another issue after resolving the earlier accident because he flashed up DNF, therefore sparing me any late race drama.

All in all, a lesson in "letting the race come to you!".

191c3ab79da14-screenshotUrl.jpg

Something amazing happened yesterday, a genuine, real and not imagined Daily Race C win!

View attachment 1386774

Only one other Genesis in the grid so I'm assuming it's not a fancied car here (for some reason), started 6th and clocked some consistent laps and dodging chaos on Lap 1 to eventually find myself left alone after everyone else was boxing.

Upon pit exit, I was trailing the Portuguese driver and the Fastest Lap Holder (not pictured, more on that in a minute). They were fighting hard for 1st place on Soft Tyres, which was the opposite strategy I had gone for. In the end it didn't matter, because as I was hoping, one took out the other early in the second stint, putting the pressure back on my to keep it together and bring home the win. The guy who took my FL by more than a second obviously had another issue after resolving the earlier accident because he flashed up DNF, therefore sparing me any late race drama.

All in all, a lesson in "letting the race come to you!".

View attachment 1386775
Nice, and you beat the quad of Supra's, xD. I got my win Monday morning at Eiger by setting a good lap time in the mid 1'12.000's.

Howdy all! Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for all the advice and insight! I keep running into a certain player. Iā€™m sure heā€™s known. How do you deal with this one? Keeps wrecking everyoneā€™s races very obviously intentionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy all! Long time lurker, first time poster. Thanks for all the advice and insight! I keep running into a certain player. Iā€™m sure heā€™s known. How do you deal with this one? Keeps wrecking everyoneā€™s races very obviously intentionally.
My plan would be:
Use him as motivation to set a better QT. Watch the playback of the highest QT, and work at it for 30 minutes. That will likely accomplish two things: You will start further to the front, AND you will be generally faster on that track. In effect that should likely be raising your DR and he will stop being in your races.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, uh, are they just abandoning road car dailies?

Counting the kart as a racing car, that'll be three straight weeks where all three daily races are racing cars only.
And before that, there were 2 other meme races. The Sambabus at Road Atlanta, and the usual selection of sports car at Special Stage Route X. The last "normal" daily race A with road cars was with the Alfa 8C at Lago Maggiore East End reverse, at the end of July, beginning of August. This was during the week after the 1.49 update.

Back