GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,360 comments
Again, it is the track that drew me back to Daily Race again - Deep Forest Reverse was the track of my first and only A+ Gr.3 Daily Race win to date so thought I would give it a go. Did 2 QT laps and I couldn't get below 1:27 :crazy: then I realised I can actually do suspension/diff setups for this one. Applied my old-physics (pre 1.49) setup, things did improve but still stuck at mid 1:26's. Played with the setup a bit more resulted in the 1:25.9 time below. Unfortunately still more than half a sec off the meta Porsche times so probably won't bother to race this time...

IMG_3488.JPG

IMG_3487.JPG

Despite only being 0.2 slower than my old-physics QT lap on under the same condition, I needed 2x the effort to get that lap in with the car refusing to rotate most of the time. Only then I discovered @GTRedman's setup guide a couple of posts ago - will give it a good read (Thanks!) and see if I can make further gain with setup optimization.

@GOTMAXPOWER I too prefer Deep Forest Revsese than the normal direction, the reverse feels like a roller coaster and the on camber corners works well on Gr.3's.

Last edited:
Unfortunate still more than half a sec off the meta Porsche times so probably won't bother to race this time...
The Porsche is a great car, join us!

@GOTMAXPOWER I too prefer Deep Forest Revsese than the normal direction, the reverse feels like a roller coaster and the on camber corners works well on Gr.3's.
The middle sector flows so nicely when you hook it up, it's like a mini Nurburgring 🥰

I'm so glad there's a road car Daily Race even if its the same combo from last May. And I find the Skyline R34 GT-R and Watkins Glen Short Course combo to be fitting. So far I managed to get a 1:21.4 as my qualifying time but I can see myself reducing that time further if I can get the bus stop chicanes right.

With that said I'mma rep the Prostreet liveries on this race and for starters I used the Apex Glide livery for today.

Sorry, but i got distracted by the sexy gt-r in Audi V8 DTM livery from the 90´s? 2 places behind you <3

Thanks. I will try it this evening, running 5 laps with asm and 5 without. I will tell about the time differences tomorrow.
And i really did try with asm and without. Without was faster, but really , it felt faster and at the end it was a difference of 0.121 seconds. for all 5 laps combined. The problem was , i hit the curbs , at the place, where normaly the left hander should follow, but here it goes back to finish line and because of the setting it started bouncing and i lost at least 0,7 there.

But, you can use the exect same set up on the Lancer evo gr.4 , i guess the same for all 4wd gr.4.
my best lap in Lancer only 0.2xx slower than in the G70. Its nice when the whole grid is 90% G70´s but on pole or second is a lancer.
-- What i wanted to tell you since 2 weeks. Last time we had gr.4 i saw another G70 2 places in front of me, who was using my livery :-) i saw it once before, that a livery completly created by me, is used by someone else and that was in gran turismo sport - Mustang gr.3 Jägermeister livery

I am sorry, but I am not sure how it is regarded as immature not to have memorized the driver names of P1-8, when I am starting at P15. When SpikeMyCucumber8493 appears in front of me, I have usually had far more urgent matters to attend to, than to know exactly what his starting position was, in addition to whether or not he has already pitted.
"IF" I am in possession of above mentioned info, I will off course know that he is the faster driver, and act accordingly, but for me, that is a VERY big if.
But if it is normal to have memorized all 16 drivers and having the constant awareness of their pitting status, I am sorry to report that I am not there yet. And as short-term memory is not likely to improve after age 60, I am not going to make any promises.

(We will not likely meet anyway, as you are much more elite, but I just wanted to state what that situation looks like from my point of view.)
It's not hard work to look at the names of the top 3/4 and see what their relative pace TT was to yours.....

We are not talking inside leg measurement but literally oh the gold Porsche is on pole the renta genesis was 2nd etc.

Also it pops up for quite a long time when the front runners are pitting regardless of your own position you can see that (if you aren't using VR)

Also it's why I change the driver list to GT names rather than PSN ID for exactly that reason...

Much easier to remember them typically.

Edit: that's 🔥 @Barney Da Dog I'm actually using your ghost can't tell if I'm chasing a Cavalier or a Vectra mind 😉

Last edited:
Again, it is the track that drew me back to Daily Race again - Deep Forest Reverse was the track of my first and only A+ Gr.3 Daily Race win to date so thought I would give it a go. Did 2 QT laps and I couldn't get below 1:27 :crazy: then I realised I can actually do suspension/diff setups for this one. Applied my old-physics (pre 1.49) setup, things did improve but still stuck at mid 1:26's. Played with the setup a bit more resulted in the 1:25.9 time below. Unfortunately still more than half a sec off the meta Porsche times so probably won't bother to race this time...

View attachment 1389876
View attachment 1389875

Despite only being 0.2 slower than my old-physics QT lap on under the same condition, I needed 2x the effort to get that lap in with the car refusing to rotate most of the time. Only then I discovered @GTRedman's setup guide a couple of posts ago - will give it a good read (Thanks!) and see if I can make further gain with setup optimization.

Dude you have an amazing time! I only realized about 30 minutes ago that the car setups can be tuned for Deep Forest 😂 Was using the Genesis before with a stock setup but couldn't get a controllable balance of resistance and a smooth steering with it. Best time was 1:26:58 and lucky to not crash a few times during that lap 😂

But now I am fiddling with ol' reliable (M6 Endurance - one of the very few Gr3 cars I like driving on RM and RH tires) and fine-tuning as I go...

Managed to shave a decent chunk off my previous PB whilst being in control, so now need to get more confident and adjust slightly as I figure out the best settings for how I drive 😊 Also quite consistent as after 5 laps, I was always within 0.2s of the current 1:26:12 I have as PB. Setup here for who is interested.

3/1 in-game settings and BB +3, thought the DD Pro wheel settings for sure will affect everything else.

1726581129592.jpeg
1726581139362.jpeg

1726581153902.jpeg

Sorry, but i got distracted by the sexy gt-r in Audi V8 DTM livery from the 90´s? 2 places behind you <3
I'll have to look into the replay again just to confirm the style of that R34.

In the meantime continuing my streak of using NFS Prostreet liveries on this week's one make R34 race around The Glen, I used the Super Promotion loaner style.

And it feels so satisfying to get the standing start right.

Well I tried that weird G70 setup and ended up 5th in the world at the moment (was 3rd earlier) Lost a couple of tenths in the last sector - annoying.

I have just spent the last 45 minutes chasing your ghost 🤣🤣🤣. I can't get below a 47.1 but I am just guessing my setup as I don't know what to use.

I'm chipping away slowly.

First win of the week 👌 Hopefully a few more to come 🙏

Attachments

• 20240917_144647.jpg
    20240917_144647.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240917_144704.jpg
    20240917_144704.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240917_152140.jpg
    20240917_152140.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Is there a special route 5 highway track
No.

Edit: that's 🔥 @Barney Da Dog I'm actually using your ghost can't tell if I'm chasing a Cavalier or a Vectra mind 😉
A great era of BTCC 😎

I'm not sure if being on pole every race is a blessing or a curse - makes for nervous racing the first few corners🥵 I did finally win a couple after a few silly errors

Edit/ did well with the McLaren last time we had this race, but since the update it's a lot more twitchy (using the same setup as before)

Last edited:
Frustration at Deep Forest, on top of it being a contact heavy venue in the first place.

First off, the contact, and again from people expecting cars to disappear. Maybe the warnings of cars in proximity should be better...I dunno.

But THEN, the worst. Yellow flag violation and 3 seconds penalty. Why? Well, because I was in 3rd place, and a lagging player was behind me. Then, the server corrected it, and put him RIGHT in front of me, so I avoided him!! JUST as we were approaching the braking zone at the top of the hill for the hairpin, and as luck would have it, a yellow flag came out at the same time. So, my choices were to either hit the guy in front of me, or continue with the avoidance. 👎

Then, I got the always pleasant 3 second pit line violation...excellent.

After all that, I end up in the mix with the bumper car crowd.

Ya, I think I will sit out the majority of this week

Race B was good for me last night, will try C tomight. But what is with this with drivers having to drive thier car into your door as you pass them? It has become just about every driver I pass any more. just like the brake check BS that has become popular...UGH

I'm 140th

What sort of alien forum members and friends do I have when my leaderboard is like this!

image.jpg

It's just a bit mental and @Barney Da Dog by Thursday you'll have dragged me forwards a few places more.

To metals point earlier I listened, last time round I was I higher lobbies so the pack was always closer and quicker. I've adjusted to just looking for decent space now to exit in to and won the last 4 with all three stars

IMG_1212.jpeg

It's really a testament to this forum how we have all grown and gotten quicker and safer.

When we have so many members like myself 2 years ago was happy with top 5k and now we are all pushing and learning and sharing and just improving.

Beers all round!

Edit:

So it begins

IMG_1215.jpeg

Also apparently I crashed this A+ driver on the last lap...

Now I want to be very clear, while my rating looks like it's punching and on most combos it would this is a comfortable one for me to race.

Here is his and my own steering inputs before the collision. The reality is he turned in early bounced wide and clipped the grass.

I also short shifted to let him by. Just very hungry for a place although I'm not sure my B Dr offers him much.

My view and inputs:

IMG_1218.png

His view and inputs:

IMG_1217.png

This is just a few frames before contact.

I'm pulling left, there is plenty of room and I'd short shifted to early brake to let him by. These sort of things bug me as we had and I had zero contact the whole race with anyone inc back markers. He has all the racing room and in steering from him as much as I can given the traction.

Ultimately I think he tried to force the fast line but didn't work or thought he was ahead of me at the time? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
After having a week off work last week week with nothing much to do, I enjoyed getting some time back in on GT7. For some reason Monza Gr1 suited me and my normal B ranking went up into A ranking. Then when I saw this week was Brands Hatch I smiled as it's another track I seem to do ok at.

I've managed to get a half decent qualifying time, and try to stay out of trouble in the race.

Well tonight I achieved something I never thought I would.... A+.

I'm under no illusions that it's going to be VERY short lived, but at least I've got the photo for posterity. :lol:

After having a week off work last week week with nothing much to do, I enjoyed getting some time back in on GT7. For some reason Monza Gr1 suited me and my normal B ranking went up into A ranking. Then when I saw this week was Brands Hatch I smiled as it's another track I seem to do ok at.

I've managed to get a half decent qualifying time, and try to stay out of trouble in the race.

Well tonight I achieved something I never thought I would.... A+.

I'm under no illusions that it's going to be VERY short lived, but at least I've got the photo for posterity. :lol:
That is awesome!

I hope it does last, remember at the top of A you are always one race from A+ because of the carnage :)

The speed in the proper A+ lobbies is a different level to what I'm used to though. I don't know you how quick guys do it week in, week out.

Last night I was in a lobby with Super GT behind me, and that was a new type of pressure knowing that 3.5k were watching him live. (And yes, I did bottle it and outbrake myself into the final turn, lol)

The speed in the proper A+ lobbies is a different level to what I'm used to though. I don't know you how quick guys do it week in, week out.

Last night I was in a lobby with Super GT behind me, and that was a new type of pressure knowing that 3.5k were watching him live. (And yes, I did bottle it and outbrake myself into the final turn, lol)
Some of us don't do it week in week out.... Especially at very low A+ level....

I pick and choose my battles 😂😂 and annoyingly this is a week where I'm working away for three nights 😭

I had a battle with EEEEERIEEEESSS or whatever Rorys name is on GT earlier. Battle lasted about 5 corners. He got me, I got him back, then he waited and got me again. I'm nice anyway but I was overly cautious because of that YouTube reason lol.

Edit: Oooh

8m10s in (ish)

Last edited:
Some of us don't do it week in week out.... Especially at very low A+ level....

I pick and choose my battles 😂😂 and annoyingly this is a week where I'm working away for three nights 😭

I had a battle with EEEEERIEEEESSS or whatever Rorys name is on GT earlier. Battle lasted about 5 corners. He got me, I got him back, then he waited and got me again. I'm nice anyway but I was overly cautious because of that YouTube reason lol.

Edit: Oooh

8m10s in (ish)

Ah, nice to meet you there - I was kicking myself for sliding wide and letting Rory through

Nice racing at Daily Race B this week. Some interesting grids. If I remember correctly, drivers get sorted by SR level first. I was in a lobby full of SR S people yesterday, and one person with SR B. Does this mean there's not a single SR A driver to be matched against online in the European servers? DR ratings also were A+ to B. This was during office hours btw. I started and finished 8th, beating some DR A drivers in the process.

20 minutes later (still office hours) I started a new race and had a full DR B / SR S lobby. As if everyone had woken up suddenly. Started and finished P2, 0.2 seconds behind P1. During the evening hours I did one race that was again a mixed lobby (maybe the race is not so popular?). Started 13th against a lot of DR A drivers. Was on course for a P8 or P9 finish but I parked it in the gravel and finished P12. Still fine because there was not much dirty (other than dirty tires 😅) driving.

Last edited:
Here's my improved lap and tune for race B in the G70.

I can't get the GTR to be even close to the G70 but I just saw someone using ABS on weak so I might try that later but for now I've gotten about all I can get in the G70.

Bloody hell...even with my limited knowledge of diff settings in this game that's extreme 🤣🤣. I'm going to try it out later on and see can I improve. It's Graham Hill bend that's killing me, the car just understeer massively and I can't get it to settle enough on entry to help. I find I always end up touching the outside kerb and sliding. I think some of the problem is driving in VR on the left hand side, my brain is hardwired for right hand drive 🙈🙈

Last edited:
I have a mini vacation and discover one of our members here has become an alien! 👽

View attachment 1390066
Well done! How is Uranus this time of year? 🤣
A tad sweaty in many races 🙈🤣
Was on The Kie's stream this morning - I managed to keep it on track though for a very satisfying win.

Chased my ghost a few times and have been about 3 car lengths up in the middle sector, but keep losing it on the last turn.

Frustration at Deep Forest, on top of it being a contact heavy venue in the first place.

First off, the contact, and again from people expecting cars to disappear. Maybe the warnings of cars in proximity should be better...I dunno.

But THEN, the worst. Yellow flag violation and 3 seconds penalty. Why? Well, because I was in 3rd place, and a lagging player was behind me. Then, the server corrected it, and put him RIGHT in front of me, so I avoided him!! JUST as we were approaching the braking zone at the top of the hill for the hairpin, and as luck would have it, a yellow flag came out at the same time. So, my choices were to either hit the guy in front of me, or continue with the avoidance. 👎

Then, I got the always pleasant 3 second pit line violation...excellent.

After all that, I end up in the mix with the bumper car crowd.

Ya, I think I will sit out the majority of this week
I hate to be a quitter so I put my head down, qualified better, and I have finished 3rd or better since that post. The pit entry line is still the bane of my existence and it's cost me a win and a second so far :banghead:

It's not the line's fault, it's me trying to maintain pace and diving toward pit entry without losing time.

Here's my improved lap and tune for race B in the G70.

I can't get the GTR to be even close to the G70 but I just saw someone using ABS on weak so I might try that later but for now I've gotten about all I can get in the G70.

thx for the setting, i did‘nt see the BB -5 before, must try that

I'm 140th

What sort of alien forum members and friends do I have when my leaderboard is like this!

View attachment 1389954

It's just a bit mental and @Barney Da Dog by Thursday you'll have dragged me forwards a few places more.

To metals point earlier I listened, last time round I was I higher lobbies so the pack was always closer and quicker. I've adjusted to just looking for decent space now to exit in to and won the last 4 with all three stars

View attachment 1389955

It's really a testament to this forum how we have all grown and gotten quicker and safer.

When we have so many members like myself 2 years ago was happy with top 5k and now we are all pushing and learning and sharing and just improving.

Beers all round!

Edit:

So it begins

View attachment 1389970

Also apparently I crashed this A+ driver on the last lap...

Now I want to be very clear, while my rating looks like it's punching and on most combos it would this is a comfortable one for me to race.

Here is his and my own steering inputs before the collision. The reality is he turned in early bounced wide and clipped the grass.

I also short shifted to let him by. Just very hungry for a place although I'm not sure my B Dr offers him much.

My view and inputs:

View attachment 1389971

His view and inputs:

View attachment 1389972

This is just a few frames before contact.

I'm pulling left, there is plenty of room and I'd short shifted to early brake to let him by. These sort of things bug me as we had and I had zero contact the whole race with anyone inc back markers. He has all the racing room and in steering from him as much as I can given the traction.

Ultimately I think he tried to force the fast line but didn't work or thought he was ahead of me at the time? 🤷‍♂️
I'm glad to be at least to be seen on your leaderboard, albeit a bit behind 😆. Anybody else using the ©️UglyAlfa?

P.S. No idea how you all are so quick with the G70 here. Really.

Last edited:
I'm glad to be at least to be seen on your leaderboard, albeit a bit behind 😆. Anybody else using the ©️UglyAlfa?

P.S. No idea how you all are so quick with the G70 here. Really.
UglyAlfa is the only thing I was having any kind of fun in at all, but it wasn't enough to keep me. Brands will be a big ol' chunk of nope-on-a-rope for me this week.😁

Deep Forest, on the other hand, is a freaking blast so we'll see how it goes over there.:cheers:

how about we were allowed to use the already existing ability to save and load tunings?
I often like and do well on the tuning races but this week I'm not bothering at all. I haven't got the time to figure out tuning and not being able to save and recall tunes for the race is a nail in the coffin for me. The fact that we can't save tunes for tuning racings is absurd.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Last edited:
Back