GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,369 comments
So, after more than 20 years I've tried some easy A race at short Glen. Playing with joypad makes me slower of ar 2 sec from a decent lap. I made my mind, it's ok being slow until I'll grab back a wheel.
What's is lil disappointing is the "kinda destruction derby" way of driving of opponents. I mean, sometimes it's quite nasty.
IE, being 1st (the 2nd was already 10 sec behind) I find my self lapping two opponents on the last lap. They both, in straight line, tried to block me causing a collision. Luckily the software made them transparent so no problem.
Nevertheless my question is?
Does this happens only in "newbies lobbies" (just went from DR E to D) or it's common also in lobbies of Dr A racers?

IE, being 1st (the 2nd was already 10 sec behind) I find my self lapping two opponents on the last lap. They both, in straight line, tried to block me causing a collision. Luckily the software made them transparent so no problem.
Exactly, let them waste their time being idiots
Does this happens only in "newbies lobbies" (just went from DR E to D) or it's common also in lobbies of Dr A racers?
I actually found B lobbies have the best standards in general when racing is close. B lobbies are full of those who want to get to A so they care about their safety rating, A/A+ lobbies often have those who don't care. Just my opinion after 18 months playing this game!

I actually found B lobbies have the best standards in general when racing is close. B lobbies are full of those who want to get to A so they care about their safety rating, A/A+ lobbies often have those who don't care. Just my opinion after 18 months playing this game!
Spot on mate, BS is where it’s at 😁 probably because there’s more ppl who are in B so great most of them are committed to fair and hard racing

So, after more than 20 years I've tried some easy A race at short Glen. Playing with joypad makes me slower of ar 2 sec from a decent lap. I made my mind, it's ok being slow until I'll grab back a wheel.
What's is lil disappointing is the "kinda destruction derby" way of driving of opponents. I mean, sometimes it's quite nasty.
welcome_aboard.gif

It'll get better. To be honest, if you're lapping back markers already, you'll probably be C ranked by the time I finish typing this. I'd also venture to guess you won't be in C for long.👍

As others have mentioned, B is a nice place to, well, be. You aren't surrounded by people that MUST be A+ by the end of the race, which seems to be a good portion of A drivers. E - C rank is mostly clumsy incidents cause by inexperienced drivers (or idiots like me) mixed with a couple folks that actually play the game like it's Destruction Derby. You gotta remember, not everyone is there to race and some folks really embrace their chaos agent inner child. They're basically playing a different game than you. If you're old enough to remember 'Jam Cars', treat them similarly.

Another item I bring up over and over again is the time of day you are racing. The earlier in the day, the better the chances for a clean race.

Enjoy the ride and check back often. This thread is a GREAT resource for set-ups, direction and co-miseratin'...just don't call-out drivers by name.😁

:cheers:

To be honest most of it isn't about pace but how you are.

Typically you will improve with a cohort (similar players, you should start to recognise them) and the racing gets "better/closer" you then move to a new group/pool and it takes time to know them, them to recognise you etc.

A portion of players treat it like a sprint to get to the top but it's more like marathon, you have to settle in each time you "level" up.

When you move up a rank you are at the bottom of the known pool and pace pool usually. You have some time as the game is a generous on DR hits.

None of the races that don't include muppets in them are better or worse for the rankings.

But in B you have the biggest spread of ability, pace, race reading and awareness relative to the other groups.

When you get to A or A+ these are the races that their in race times will probably for a while be faster than your fastest QT time. This makes the racing and race pace faster but it also means contact is typically more destructive to your race.

B is a good place to be so to speak but it's not about the letter it's about how you race. Pace will come and you seem to have it but it's how you race that is important.

I actually found B lobbies have the best standards in general when racing is close. B lobbies are full of those who want to get to A so they care about their safety rating,
I find it's the same. It's the same people doing the same things.
A/A+ lobbies often have those who don't care. Just my opinion after 18 months playing this game!
Guilty. I'm old and have little patience for childish antics. If people race clean, it's all good. A little rubbing is racing? Sure. But when it become a case where the car is being used as a weapon to aggressively take out the other driver, I give it right back with little concern over ratings.

Another item I bring up over and over again is the time of day you are racing. The earlier in the day, the better the chances for a clean race.
This is why I was probably in the minority last week, but I liked the fact Race A was Gr4 at Deep Forest as only being able to race in the evening could get to some competitive racing without tanking the DR out of BS due infantile drivers.

Appreciate it was yet another binary Gr4 sprint but got more out of it being Race A than a meme race or odd road car choice most of the time. Race A has so much to offer as but wasted majority of the time.

We will not likely meet anyway, as you are much more elite, but I just wanted to state what that situation looks like from my point of view.)
I'll be honest I've sat on this comment for a day and it really bugged me when you said it.

Please don't mistake me be vocal that I'm good. I am not.

I work hard at improving, braking better, finding better acceleration points, learning from the ghosts and just being more aware of my inputs.

I'm not elite at all, quick sometimes but I've done 5,000 races just for GT7 alone. I'm not elite (speak to Barney or Metal or the guys on the TT thread or Tidgney....) so what I am is rational at comfortable with the game.

Being called elite undermines the support, help and my own rants about the game.

As I said that comment bugged me and 2 years ago I was begging and moaning about going faster and safer. And here we are, I listened.

Ignore my opinions that's fine, embrace them, that's fine. Ignore them that's fine, but for context they come from a guy that joined (again) as a CS driver and now I talk about how to shave thousands.

You will meet me, but you and only you can drive better, cleaner to get their.

You can do it, I did.

Back