GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,820 comments
I wonder how it would be if they hid DR and used SR as the only visible matchmaking filter. DR would still be in works behind the scenes. In general, I see better racing when DR is not on the table in a race A. This week for ex, I've had 4-5 great tough/fair races with several drivers in race A. Last night I'm in race C with some of the same people and they are now divebombing and trying to nudge people off on straights.
This is a great point. Was having some amazing races last week in A (haven't raced any yet this week) because of situations that would NOT happen if DR was on. Four-wide through T1 at Tokyo ain't gonna work when one of y'all is more worried about being demoted if they lose a position.

And I'm not sure about everyone else, but I am WAY more relaxed with DR off. You wanna pass? Rock-on, I'll even open the door for you.😇

:cheers:

It's quite funny. One of the things I like to do when rewatching old replays is check out how different people react to being nudged or bumped. In my experience it's quite a 50/50 split between calm 'no reaction, just keep racing' and 'I'm gonna ruin this guy's day'.
I guess we’ve all been there, only this morning I was having a perfectly nice race at TM, took the inside first corner and me and this guy are going around both T1&2 side by side, and he just left swipes me into the rocks, like cheers dude! Let’s say I couldn’t let that go 🤨 karma always comes around and you meet up later on and a little nudge on the last corners is all it takes to equalise things

And I'm not sure about everyone else, but I am WAY more relaxed with DR off. You wanna pass? Rock-on, I'll even open the door for you.😇
This is a very good point, but that attitude should apply with DR on as well. It's the approach and attitude that is the difference. Sensible space is given, no over protecting or "going defensive" constantly.

With that all in mind is that it's the sense of skin in the game that keeps the tension for me, we are racing after all.

And as much as I do moan for the amount of races I do most are fine/clean.

There is also that in DR higher lobbies the pace is mega, you have to be close to your QT pace in race with traffic which is part of the challenge, then at that pace plan passes or better lines etc.

It's all relative but as I've said before there is a yin to every yang on these things

Hi, just shared one average race at Tokyo last weekend. I was already fuming like a demon at 4th corner and by the end of the race I was giving some payback, which I'm not proud of. In these cases it is preferable to stop playing (even for few moments). I put it as a sort of rule. Never drive (but particularly race) under rage. Especially cause, in the end, it's your free time (hopefully of a good quality). Let's say that if your chillout time becomes stressful there's something wrong.

This is a great point. Was having some amazing races last week in A (haven't raced any yet this week) because of situations that would NOT happen if DR was on. Four-wide through T1 at Tokyo ain't gonna work when one of y'all is more worried about being demoted if they lose a position.

:cheers:
I agree, I have no fear of racing a higher DR however, I do respect QT. I’ve raced some nights recently against DR A drivers that I don’t mind challenging. I’ve also recently raced off hours when they were having troubles filling rooms. Qualifying times had a range of 4-5 seconds top to bottom. This tells me, not only are you seasoned enough to have a DR A rating but, you also have a better approach to this track/ car combination than I do.
As long as you aren’t sand-bagging for cheap wins, QT earns my respect.

The problem with "payback" is age old, with everyone just being to carry on the next race you build race destroying grudges, get known as someone involved in incidents etc.

Yeah we can all Pitt someone, we can leave it in a bit but in all honesty the more you do the more you race the same people you want to be the one people respect and give room too because they have seen you do it.

We talk about the meme driver but when he is ok with people in the lobby he is fine 🤷‍♂️ when people want payback it screws everyone's race innocent by standers and all.

Unintended consequences but consequences none the less

What gets me, and it just happened again, is people who either A) aren't watching their mirrors/radar or B) they ARE watching, they see you pull out to make a pass, and they they turn in to block you, which of course causes a collision and much crying.

I think the penalties could be better, but they are a decent balance ATM. I have played sports all my life and I have learned to "play the whistle". If the game doesn't penalize me, then it isn't a penalty, and that's that. Heck, I have seen crying towards me in the comments post race while the game give me a clean race bonus. If the referee(the game) says I'm cool, then I am cool, because at the end of the day, the game doesn't track the opinions of others.

because at the end of the day, the game doesn't track the opinions of others
No but you'll more than likely race those others....

The less bad blood you leave on the table the better.

I'd also add that playing to the whistle in a multi million pound/dollar championship in a one off game or one of only 40 you'll do this year.

When you can do 5 a night a few nights a week and more on long weekends etc that logic breaks down.

The games penalty system could use some love but it is what it is, that said the penalty system doesn't have to live with our choices and I'd rather be on the end of good choices for the sake of a virtual position in a virtual game that costs me nothing more than free time.

If this really really meant something then I think my approach would change, but it doesn't and I'll be honest I quite like seeing the messages of seeing me again, good luck, thanks for the clean race than drama.

Back