GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,764 comments
Managed a quick race B this lunch time, thought id start off with the g70 this week, I have to say I love this track in reverse, reminds me of doing it when the mazda3 was the meta and I loved it then.

Just a totally harsh penalty line being up the hill, total race wrecker. Thankfully I didn’t experience it did see a few ppl disappear whilst serving

2.03.xxx after a few laps and was a second up before the race starts so lots left to go at.

Ran three sessions of Daily Race A today and since I'm busy for the week due to job hunting, I'll be racing less this week but my eyes are on Race A this week because I really want to master Interlagos with the Gr.3 cars as it haunted me since Sport that I can't get this combo right.

First session - Pole position. It was an uneventful race as the New Zealander B rated player decided to act as a wall throughout the race and that allowed me to break away into my first win of this combo. And yes I never scored a win in this combo yet until now.

Gran Turismo® 7_20241007151340.png

Second session - Once again pole position but this time I was kind of challenged by the Aussie Mustang driver but sadly his pace dropped by lap 4 and from there it was another win.

Gran Turismo® 7_20241007155253.png

Third session - The Aussie driver once again got queued with me but this time he went with the AMG GT3 '16 and I was like "were you trying to figure out the capabilities of the AMG GT3 because if you are that's the wrong AMG GT3 you got there" and I was right as he was curious to know the potential of the car. Race begins and just like last race, he went at it on me again until he oofed up Descida do Lago on lap 2 and from there my nearest challenger was one of the Huracan drivers and at the last lap on the last corner I went oofed up the track limits and I got myself a 1 sec penalty for that. Thankfully I had a two second gap but it would've been oof.

Gran Turismo® 7_20241007161256.png

Actually glad to see Group 4 or Group 3 in Race A this week, can get in an older race car and use the new sequential shifter in anger in a Sport race and not have to worry about places or losing DR. Think Logitech have done a great job, has a good punch to it and with the gear change audio in the old Gr3 Skyline for example gives some decent immersion.

Hello everyone
So since my last week's experience driving around Daytona RC was surprisingly a pleasant one, I decided to play the early bird trying to catch the worm and gave daily C a run.
And yet again it was an absolute great experience.
Same as last week, no stupidity or pointless shenanigans.
Clean, fair and competitive racing at its finest.
Don't know exactly what happened to the mindset of all these drivers but it was an absolute joy to hustle around the infamous Nürburgring GP.
Yet again I met a lots of familiar faces and I assume we all were having a hell of a good time.
I had time to squeeze in 6 or 7 races and what shall I say, very very nice racing.
Although I'm not a huge fan of these super short races it still works as a quicky.
These dailies actually feel like a McDonald's Menu.
Quick, short and convenient fun.
Not the gourmet type of food but good enough to please your hunger for a short period.
Wish you all good luck out there and as always, keep it clean 😁

Well, gonna miss last week. I know others have mentioned but want to reiterate...they could do tuned road cars for Race A every damn week. I might not ever chase DR again. 😁

Ran a couple races at Daytona and was struggling. Was sorta OK doing qualifiers but was completely lost during the race. Kept grabbing the brakes too soon and just couldn't chill-out. After a "sure-hope-I-make-it-back-to-the-line" class DFL, decided to go elsewhere for a bit.

I should've paid more attention to everyone raving about Race A earlier in the week. I missed out on a LOT of fun. Had a couple messy moments comin'-in hot off the draft into T1 but overall the racing was top-notch. Beyond that, the road cars seem to be my strongest 'class', lol. Both times I've run these I've been able to score qualifiers in the 500's (Nord' w/the 911, here with the LFA @ 2:08.806). Freakin' love these cars!

:cheers:

...-... Huracan cup once again. Boooooring. Nerf needed ASAP. End of message ...-...
GR Lambo should be it's own category.

I can get the G70 and the NSX close to my current time but the NSX would be really tricky in race to be competitive and consistent. The G70 and maybe GTR could be good alternatives but that still leaves 90% of the GR4 cars non competitive in competitive lobbies :(

Last edited:
Tidgney is recommending to change tires and watching the rest of the streamers they are also doing it and at different laps depending on the traffic.
So, maybe we can have some strategy this week!
It will pan out to be either a bit of traffic management or end of race strat. Both of these are good. Realistically for a lot of us a tire change is a good idea....but when ;)

I really don't understand the handling of the Gr4 Hurracan, it's weirdly very understeery but quite slidey as well.

I really struggle to drive it like other can.
Hmm, considering the lastest development on my friends leaderboard you've got some explaining to do...🧐😆

GR Lambo should be it's own category.

I can get the G70 and the NSX close to my current time but the NSX would be really tricky in race to be competitive and consistent. The G70 and maybe GTR could be good alternatives but that still leaves 90% of the GR4 cars non competitive in competitive lobbies :(
100% agreed. I thought they had figured it out several months ago, at least partially, when you could at least a greater variety of cars, even the FFs, and different cars fitted better to different tracks, but now it's the 4WDs all over again and the Lambo far ahead... sigh...

Last edited:
Hmm, considering the lastest development on my friends leaderboard you've got some explaining to do...🧐😆
Yeah, about that. Like you I can go fast but I'm way off where I need to be, and I was lucky on that lap as I definitely cut the final corner but carried 130mph and that was 4 1/10s
100% agreed. I thought they had figured it out several months ago, at least partially, when you could at least a greater variety of cars, even the FFs, and different cars fitted better to different tracks, but now it's the 4WDs all over again and the Lambo far ahead... sigh...
It's frustrating as Gr4 is probably the most easy to balance. Excluding the Mazda all of the cars should be viable but in PD fashion they aren't.

With all they know about driving and the game we still end up like this. Even Lester in his Supra is sliding further and further back.

Realistically what's the point of the Gr4 mustang, the Gr86, the scirrocco, the Mazda, even the McLaren now.

Theoretically can go fast in them but reality is way way far from that.

Back