GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,965 comments
Had a good morning at Sardegna, two wins, and a pole. One of the benefits of letting my DD drop to C! Back in B now so it’ll be mid-pack battles rest of the week.

Gonna try Spa tonight. Seems like the NSX is the meta. Anyone running BB on it? Or using TC? These Gr2 cars have so much downforce and grip that they’re very neutral (or at least that’s how they feel to me).

IMG_0690.jpeg

Does anyone know what these are on the Edge page?

I hate this game sometimes. Rather, drivers who are just intent to not be overtaken. Was hoping for a nice GT7 session this evening, given up after a few races. Sigh.

One guy, I did a lovely clean overtake down the inside of turn one, he did a cut back, could have easily taken the place cleanly as I left room but he just turned directly into me. Sake. That's just one example as well.
I think this is what makes me reluctant to begin another Race C (apart from ruined hands!), and provides a window into the thinking about endurance online races in general on GT7...

So much of what happens in your race depends on other people. Life in general, and of course my online racing experience in general, has taught me that relying on other people is not good.

Could be a good race and a worthwhile use of an hour, could be a disaster. You'll have very little control over which.

I think this is what makes me reluctant to begin another Race C (apart from ruined hands!), and provides a window into the thinking about endurance online races in general on GT7...

So much of what happens in your race depends on other people. Life in general, and of course my online racing experience in general, has taught me that relying on other people is not good.

Could be a good race and a worthwhile use of an hour, could be a disaster. You'll have very little control over which.
I'm done for the week on this one. While it looks like a great time for the A+ streamer crew, the fun doesn't make-it to the lower DR ranks.

My races have ended up being solo driving affairs for 40+ mins, after quitters and calamity thin out the field.

As a fan of longer races, I already tried Spa three times. None of them were boring, most of them had dirty drivers though.

Latest one I started on Pole, ended on P7. I am just trying to be the nice guy which avoids contact at all costs, while others are totally ruthless.

The attempt before I got punted from behind in the last chicane in lap 1 and while trying to reenter the track I collide with another driver and I end up crashing into the pit… now what? Quit? Never. No tyre change obv, 3s penalty for pit lane crossing, BUT this is why I love longer races, I kept calm and raced consistent and ended up on P6 with dead tyres!

So I am enjoying it, driving standards are aweful unfortunately so far.

Last edited:
Back