GT7 July Update Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1998 car posted slower laptimes but I can't find anything different as far as actual specs so i'm not sure if it was just tweaked abit from the 98 car as the aero is very slightly different and maybe gear ratios. Assuming they add the 1999 car instead it would be pretty easy to BOP it into Gr.2 with added weight and lower downforce levels.
I think the most likely outcome is that the GT-One is the 1999 version which would be GR.1.

However, if there are going to be dedicated GR.2 events in the future, PD might include the 1998 version as a standalone car, if only to add more variety of actual GR.2 cars. They had both versions of the GT-One in GT2, so it would not be unheard of to do this.

I think the most likely outcome is that the GT-One is the 1999 version which would be GR.1.

However, if there are going to be dedicated GR.2 events in the future, PD might include the 1998 version as a standalone car, if only to add more variety of actual GR.2 cars. They had both versions of the GT-One in GT2, so it would not be unheard of to do this.
Nope. It would be Gr2. LMP2 could lap at GT-ONE pace at Le Mans and are about the same pace as the GT500 cars.

Last edited:
There is some theory going on why they adding the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve , they say because it is part of the IMSA and mainly for Ferrari Challenge
also they expect Ferrari 488 model with it , its not sure if it will be the GT3 , GTE or Challenger Evo

what do you think , it is just a coincidence? or can be true?

Last edited:
There is some theory going on why they adding the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve , they say because it is part of the IMSA and mainly for Ferrari Challenge
also they expect Ferrari 488 model with it , its not sure if it will be the GT3 , GTE or Challenger Evo

While I don't doubt the Ferrari will eventually make it to the game, it's probably just a coincidence. If they were going to start adding IMSA-branded events, why wouldn't they have started with the MX-5 Cup? They already have 4/7 tracks used in it, so it wouldn't be much different than the Super Formula events.

While I don't doubt the Ferrari will eventually make it to the game, it's probably just a coincidence. If they were going to start adding IMSA-branded events, why wouldn't they have started with the MX-5 Cup? They already have 4/7 tracks used in it, so it wouldn't be much different than the Super Formula events.
IMSA branded events most likely no ,but so far PD did the new real tracks that IMSA uses so i dunno

Nope. It would be Gr2. LMP2 could lap at GT-ONE pace at Le Mans and are about the same pace as the GT500 cars.
The 1999 version is faster than any Gr. C car in the game in real life, so if Gr. C is Gr.1, then the GT-One from 1999 is going to be Gr. 1 as well.

LMP2 is also vastly different across the years as well. In 2017-2020 they would easily fit in the Gr.1 category.

The 1999 version is faster than any Gr. C car in the game in real life, so if Gr. C is Gr.1, then the GT-One from 1999 is going to be Gr. 1 as well.

LMP2 is also vastly different across the years as well. In 2017-2020 they would easily fit in the Gr.1 category.
The track was different in the Group C era and I don't mean the straight. LMP2 at its apex was as fast as the GT-One, as fast as GT500 and nowhere near LMP1 (which should be the Gr1 standard) Group C in game has way too much BHP for a fuel-limited series.

Last edited:
The track was different in the Group C era and I don't mean the straight. LMP2 at its apex was as fast as the GT-One, as fast as GT500 and nowhere near LMP1 (which should be the Gr1 standard) Group C in game has way too much BHP for a fuel-limited series.
Gr. C in the game has the horsepower of those cars when they raced in the actual races. In Qualifying those Gr. C would actually have close or even above 900 HP.

Regardless, the layout of La Sarthe in 1991 (the final year of "propper" Gr. C cars) is actually 5 meters shorter than the one that was used by the GT1 cars between 1997 and 2001 and is not any different corner-wise. Yet the times are as follows:

Sauber Mercedes C11: 3:31.270 (This Sauber C11 is faster than the C9 in the game)
Toyota GT-One in 1999: 3:29.930

The 1998 GT-One is a GT1 car. The 1999 version is a LMGTP (slightly different aero and IIRC it also had more HP).

Gr. C in the game has the horsepower of those cars when they raced in the actual races. In Qualifying those Gr. C would actually have close or even above 900 HP.

Regardless, the layout of La Sarthe in 1991 (the final year of "propper" Gr. C cars) is actually 5 meters shorter than the one that was used by the GT1 cars between 1997 and 2001 and is not any different corner-wise. Yet the times are as follows:

Sauber Mercedes C11: 3:31.270 (This Sauber C11 is faster than the C9 in the game)
Toyota GT-One in 1999: 3:29.930

The 1998 GT-One is a GT1 car. The 1999 version is a LMGTP (slightly different aero and IIRC it also had more HP).
The first Dunlop chicane immediately before the Bugatti track corner wasn't there in Group C. That was added in 1996.

Actually, I think Tired Tyres is right. I was under the assumption that the 1999 version had more horsepower as GT2 had the 1998 version at 672 HP and the 1999 at 780 HP. In reality, the GT-One had about 600 Horsepower both years (using ultimatecarpage as a source). So it will be a GR.2 car.

The first Dunlop chicane immediately before the Bugatti track corner wasn't there in Group C. That was added in 1996.
You're correct, I thought it was there when the chicanes were introduced.

But... this just further proves my stance, because with the chicane, the track became slower, yet the 1999 GT-One still posted a faster time than the Mercedes C11 which is the fastest Gr. C car, not counting the 3.5l V10 Gr. Cs, those were a different breed.

So it's factually faster than Gr. C cars and thus, faster than Gr.1 cars in GT1.
Actually, I think Tired Tyres is right. I was under the assumption that the 1999 version had more horsepower as GT2 had the 1998 version at 672 HP and the 1999 at 780 HP. In reality, the GT-One had about 600 Horsepower both years (using ultimatecarpage as a source). So it will be a GR.2 car.
My dude, lap times don't lie... On the same layout and similar ambient conditions (no rain):

Qualifying results:
1999 Toyota GT-ONE - 3:29.930
1998 Toyota GT-ONE - 3:36.552

6.6 seconds difference. This is an insane difference even in La Sarthe.

And this difference applies in the race fastest lap times as well:

Fastest laps:
1999 Toyota GT-ONE - 3:35.052 (which is faster than the 1998 Qualifying pole of the CLK-LM of 3:35.544)
1998 Toyota GT-ONE - 3:41.809

Another 6.7 seconds difference...

Given the fact that both the 1998 and 1999 versions have minimal differences in terms of aero (unless there's a drastic change in the ground floor which I never heard of) and the fact that La Sarthe is pretty much a power hungry circuit where most of the lap time is on the straights, there has to be a difference in horsepower between them.

So PD back then when they made GT2 (which was in 1998-1999 btw), they probably got those figures from Toyota themselves, they were licensed cars after all so they are probably correct. It also supports that the horsepower difference (about 100hp more) would create that near 7s difference in lap time...

So yes:

1999 = Gr.1
1998 = Gr.2

Maybe if PD is generous, they add both versions 😅 Which I wouldn't particularly mind.

Last edited:
Interesting video about the gilles villeneuve circuit rumour:

That's just this post again turned into a video for no reason:

I can't speculate, just make a wish for Eagle's Canyon, any classic tracks we don't have, and a 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe with an available 5.0 engine swap. And a late model Ford Police Interceptor and possibly a lower trim level of the F-150. Any Lightning would be cool, even the Ranger version or an all electric gen 2 Maverick.

Last edited:
I know for a fact , whatever we get the usual suspects will complain the game and update sucks and lacks content 🤣. At this point the complaining should de part of the patch notes .

Except there is a new list of leaked cars by the half of the video
This is the alleged list of recent scans done by PD taken from the video
list.jpg

some of it seems legit , like the leaker predicted the 2019 DTM Audi car

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is the alleged list of recent scans done by PD taken from the video
View attachment 1274197
some of it seems legit , like the leaker predicted the 2019 DTM Audi car
Though I am ready take it with grain of salt, NASCAR being mentioned (not sure if 2021 Gen 6 or 2022/2023 Next Gen) in particular alerted me to this tweet:

EDIT: On the "grain of salt" side, there was an old rumor regarding the 488/Vantage/Ford GT GTE being scanned during a WEC round a while back, but that rumor is now questionable since the Ford GT GTE in GT7 is IMSA spec model (unless they used multiple scan sources). On the other hand, remember the PlayStation 993 GT2?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back