GT7 July Update Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is curious. Why Albert Park and not the actual track they're driving on? And of all videos to put in the game, why this one in particular? It can't be a coincidence can it?
There’s a snip of the LFA teaser in the Lexus Brand Central as well. No doubt could be a Nothingburger as well… but, who knows? More Easter eggs, planned, coincidence, PD trolling in their own game. I don’t know. Highly suspect though.

Sunday 12pm, my time, still no silhouettes.
Maybe they are delaying the update to be closer to the gtmovie. There is a maintenance scheduled to the beggining of august.

Yes they might delay the update closer to the movie, but its unlikely we see the silhouttes at this point for next week, their has been some cases where we got silhouttes on monday through we did that with the april update,

Last edited:
When did PD ever timed their update with any real world event? I really doubt no silhouettes today has anything to do with the movie. And I really doubt the update's content will have anything to do with the movie. Though I guess they can have a special time attack event in the game for that or something similar, but it shouldn't interfere with the update, there's already a history of such things just being unlocked some time after the update comes out, so it's not an issue.

No Kaz silhouettes today!!!!!
Let the whining begin!!!! :lol: :lol:

Sassy Drama Queen GIF

Last edited:
When did PD ever timed their update with any real world event? I really doubt no silhouettes today has anything to do with the movie. And I really doubt the update's content will have anything to do with the movie. Though I guess they can have a special time attack event in the game for that or something similar, but it shouldn't interfere with the update, there's already a history of such things just being unlocked some time after the update comes out, so it's not an issue.
I think we'll be getting silhouettes next week.

I'm beginning to wonder if this "July" update will be an Early August update. Then no update until the end of September. I hope I'm wrong.
Yeah. Big update beginning of august and then a next one ar the end of September.

We've already skipped one month, which was followed by a rather substantial update at the end of the following month - a brand new track (the last brand new track, to be exact), 4/5 cars (depends on whether you count the 2 VGTs as entirely separate models), PSVR2 support (on the PS5 only), and our first (and so far only) taste of the Sophy AI (at least for PS5 users).

Last edited:
In the best scenario, Kaz is just busy promoting the GT movie and forgot to post the silhouettes, but the update is still scheduled for this Thursday. In the worst case, the update was "delayed" and it's only coming on August 7th (to coincide with the announced new Toyota car we're having).

We'll have an answer in the next few days, anyway, so no reason to panic.

From a marketing standpoint, I’d be shocked if they DID NOT push the update to coincide with the movie release. Logic would also tell me that said update would be fairly substantial too

Do you think the Sony marketing people make the cars? Critical thought at an all time low here.

Seems to be the most realistic choice given how they repeatidly avoid alcohol and tobacco sponsors for many default liveries on cars.

PD makes the game, Sony Pictures Makes the movie.

Is it asking too much for people to apply some sort of common sense and critical thinking?
you all got me wrong..maybe because of my bad english...

as I am awere of .. PD doesnt just make games...
they sponsor events..sponsor drivers...etc
or am I wrong?

as my source tells me..there are little over 20 people that work on a game software wise with that i guess..half of them work on next instalment..others are into accounting, marketing, sales, hardware support, online check support..

Sony pictures makes movies yes..but kaz and his companie employers( some of them ) have to market their movie too...
it's not like company has 200 people ..
and main priority in this time are not updates ( I guess , maybe I am wrong )
they had little downfall with gt7 game..., are into sf now, sponsor drivers, sponsor events..etc
they probably don't throw money all around..
and updates ( cars, tracks, managing events etc cost something...I just guess its not free " development of all those things )

just my opinnion about all of this( but like I said, maybe I am big-time wrong )

In the best scenario, Kaz is just busy promoting the GT movie and forgot to post the silhouettes, but the update is still scheduled for this Thursday. In the worst case, the update was "delayed" and it's only coming on August 7th (to coincide with the announced new Toyota car we're having).

We'll have an answer in the next few days, anyway, so no reason to panic.
This is a good point; August 7th does make a lot of sense since in the GR Corolla post they explicitly say there's maintenance on that day:

Please note that the Toyota GR Corolla MORIZO Edition '22 will be available to test drive in practice mode once the Monday, 7 August server maintenance has been completed.
Though it's also worth noting the Super Formula/AMG GT3/XJ220 silhouettes didn't come out until the Tuesday before the update. So in conclusion, it could literally be anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back