GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
Or anyone with vertigo issues.

Riding any roller coasters or anything that spins gives me migraines/makes me sick and even just looking off tall stuff, or laying on my back while looking up at the sky while camping gives me a terrible nautious feeling. I also get semi car sick if I’m not driving.

Not sure what other people experience but I was an early adopter of the og vive and it made me super sick for a week. But I kept with it and after about 2-3 weeks I was basically immune to all but a be game where your arms had wheels and you were the vehicle. The tracks were hot wheels style lol.

Anyways nothing changed with me getting sick in RL but now what 7 years later. I could play any game at lower fps and any intensity and not blink an eye.

Maybe not for everyone but sticking it out seems to really help. I took the brute force route, but most people on the VR enthusiast forums recommend stopping right as you feel discomfort giving it a bit then going back in.

Last edited:
Riding any roller coasters or anything that spins gives me migraines/makes me sick and even just looking off tall stuff, or laying on my back while looking up at the sky while camping gives me a terrible nautious feeling. I also get semi car sick if I’m not driving.

Not sure what other people experience but I was an early be adopter and it make me super sick for a week. But I kept with it and after about 2-3 weeks I was basically immune to all but a be game where your arms had wheels and you were the vehicle. The tracks were hot wheels style lol.

Anyways nothing changed with me getting sick in RL but now what 7 years later. I could play any game at lower fps and any intensity and not blink an eye.

Maybe not for everyone but sticking it out seems to really help
A shame you cannot grow RL legs as easily as VR ones! 😬

You guys make me sooooo mad 😡

I'm on the Sony Direct site right now, agonizing over this decision.

My reasonable self says I won't make much use of it. But, I just can't resist...

Between the videos and the folks who've described the experience of VR racing, I'm losing my willpower.

Last edited by a moderator:
but I did delete my save but I don't really care because I am thrilled to be able to start again with the more powerful console and VR.
Unfortunately you cannot "start over" unless you open another PSN account because the game progress is saved in the cloud. Your local save only stores your game preferences.

Unfortunately you cannot "start over" unless you open another PSN account because the game progress is saved in the cloud. Your local save only stores your game preferences.
Makes me think that I'd really love to start the campaign from scratches in VR and hard difficulty on my second account! Can you play the game, or at least the campaign, without a PS+ subscription?

Makes me think that I'd really love to start the campaign from scratches in VR and hard difficulty on my second account! Can you play the game, or at least the campaign, without a PS+ subscription?
Yes, you can play every except Sport Mode without PS Plus. But the difficulty doesn't change a whole lot. The menu books are still ridiculously easy. I would just wrap up the circuit races you haven't done yet, do personalized custom races and play online. I would personally not think of going through those menu books again.

Luckily this will be my first time playing the game. 😊 Everything should arrive this week except for the headset, of course. I'm not going to do a single thing with it until later this month when VR arrives.

Luckily this will be my first time playing the game. 😊 Everything should arrive this week except for the headset, of course. I'm not going to do a single thing with it until later this month when VR arrives.
I would fire it up and enjoy that fantastic intro movie and then do the first few menu books just to unlock some features and get your wheel and game preferences dialed in. That way you can fine tune everything and clear up any doubts before jumping into VR. Also, it's a beautiful game to look at in 2D, especially with a quality HDR TV.

Oh ok, thanks for letting me know. I'm perfectly ok with that anyway because there will be plenty of new things to experience and I can replay some of the stuff I've already done.👍

I would fire it up and enjoy that fantastic intro movie and then do the first few menu books just to unlock some features and get your wheel and game preferences dialed in. That way you can fine tune everything and clear up any doubts before jumping into VR. Also, it's a beautiful game to look at in 2D, especially with a quality HDR TV.
Ok you might have a point. It's also going to be tempting, just having it sit there.

Yes, you can play every except Sport Mode without PS Plus. But the difficulty doesn't change a whole lot. The menu books are still ridiculously easy. I would just wrap up the circuit races you haven't done yet, do personalized custom races and play online. I would personally not think of going through those menu books again.
Thanks mate! 👍

I like to challenge myself by using specific cars or just turning OFF the ABS which makes a great difference! Playing with manual transmission is also a litte slower than with semi-auto transmission. Anyway I have some ideas of how to make it fun once again 😁

Also, going all over the licenses, missions and circuit experiences in VR might be a lot of fun too!

I love the Word GT series championship and did it with a lot of different cars, but I tried the WTC700 championship with the 288 GTO in manual transmission last week, and it was quite challenging for me. Didn't manage to finish the Nürburgring race in first position so far, even in easy... 😅

If only they could bring some new championships with the next updates!...

Discovering it in VR from the scratches, you'll have a blast for sure! 😁

Last edited:
A shame you cannot grow RL legs as easily as VR ones! 😬

Yeah it's interesting it doesn't translate over. However I know people who have it much worse. I'm just thankful riding motorcycles (in rl) doesn't cause me any issues.

How can it be built for PS4 compatibility from day one but also be built for PSVR2 compatibility from day one? Kaz, why must you turn my office into a house of LIES???!

Because that kind of work goes hand in hand. Knowing early on that you are targeting two platforms that will require lowering some of the quality isn't all that different.

Modern games though are a lot more modular than they used to be, you don't normally lose the look just a level of quality. Being performance focused now could be as simple as more aggressive lod, lowering advanced effects like tessellation/shadow casting and resolution target. It's really not all that crazy anymore in between platforms as far as rendering goes. Unless it's something like like porting to switch where the hardware is many years behind now.

Last edited:

I'm excited to hear what the people who've never tried VR think when they first see it. It was a total life changer for me, as I've played video games for my entire life (Unboxing Pong brought home from Sears). I was expecting just to see a screen right in front of my eyes that rotated when I looked around. I was unprepared and blown away by that stereoscopic view that makes you feel like you are actually there in that world. I always get giddy when someone comes over and tries my sim rig for the first time and just says "Nooo Waaaay!" and slowly looks around.

You guys make me sooooo mad 😡

I'm on the Sony Direct site right now, agonizing over this decision.

My reasonable self says I won't make much use of it. But, I just can't resist...

Between the videos and the folks who've described the experience of VR racing, I'm losing my willpower.
It's all about making the best use of your time.

For years I played GT5 and GT6 on a crapy force feedback wheel mounted on a cat scratching post. when GTS came out, I decided on Fanatec wheel with load cell brake pedal and welded together a frame for a sim rig with a Toyota MR2 seat. ... I put over 200k racing miles on that rig, using that wheel and they're still going strong, I dont regret buying a PS4 pro, wheel, monitor, etc because it all feels great during each hour/minute/second of use. I consider it some of the best money spent - hell of a lot better and quite a bit lower than yearly tax bills or insurance or ... DMV *#%$ fees. I've now upgraded with a PS5, and hopefully soon will have a PSVR2 which I hope will make the next leap in game immersion. I have PSVR and tried it on GTS - I loved the feel of being in the car, and loved the sensation of actually being at world renowned tracks and experiencing the elevation changes (eg Spa, Nürburgring) so I know PSVR2 with twice the resolution will be even better.

So, if you really enjoy the game (any game), and you spend significant amount of time then getting the best equipment possible is well worth it. If, on the other hand, you wont spend time playing the game, then it's not worth it. You can always resell your equipment, but you can never recover the time spent playing on sub par equipment.

We also need more open High RPM Radical cars. And of course we need Lotus cars. Really bad. Could actually be a big opportunity for Lotus in their new form of company.

What I really wanna see in VR, more than anything, is the online lobbies... Imagine a lineup of 16 people cruising Tokyo Expressway, at night, in the rain, on VR. I swear you'd be able to taste the cold air.

Or even roll racing at SSRX... 5 cars, side by side, revving their hearts out, the anti-lag popping and burbling and spewing blue flames into the night sky.

The experiences would be simply magical.

We also need more open High RPM Radical cars. And of course we need Lotus cars. Really bad. Could actually be a big opportunity for Lotus in their new form of company.
I'd love to have some Lotus, MG, Volvo, Opel, or even Saab in GT7!

Also, I'd never have too many classics Ferrari, Porsche and Alfa, to name a few!

------------------------------

Pushsquare made an article about what Pavlov's devs told earlier for those interested:

Little out of topic, but are there some Steam users who already tried Pavlov here? If so, is it that good?
Also, is there a solo campaign or is it multiplayer only?

It seems to have very good Counterstrike mechanics, convincing physics and a solid reputation among players, so I'm quite excited about this one!

Last edited:
It’s track elevation changes I’m looking forward to in VR. Tracks like Spa and Nordschleife. The Nordschleife is a challenge because you need to string your line’s together, but you never feel how imposing the track really is. That and a more authentic feel when judging braking distances, rather than constantly spotting trackside braking markers.

GT7...
It’s track elevation changes I’m looking forward to in VR. Tracks like Spa and Nordschleife. The Nordschleife is a challenge because you need to string your line’s together, but you never feel how imposing the track really is. That and a more authentic feel when judging braking distances, rather than constantly spotting trackside braking markers.
I'm very susceptible to that uncomfortable sinking stomach feeling when I ride rollercoasters and what not but I really look forward to getting it as early as Sabine Schmitz corner.

“I don’t actually have a clear vision on what this could bring,” Yamauchi said. “I think the meaning of that is something that we really won’t see until PSVR 2s go out and are delivered, and people actually start experiencing it. I think there will be a lot of different things that will happen by this new experience but I’m not exactly sure what that might bring at this time.”
My brother in Christ, you added the feature.

Nice to see Kaz interacting with the community, even though it's just to promote a Sony product. Now if he could just stick around a bit and stay in communication?

Don't just appear when you are selling something...it makes you look bad, you know, someone who has bad sportsmanship.

Nice to see Kaz interacting with the community, even though it's just to promote a Sony product. Now if he could just stick around a bit and stay in communication?

Don't just appear when you are selling something...it makes you look bad, you know, someone who has bad sportsmanship.
Kaz is like a mage he comes and goes and you need to be at the right place to see him.

Kaz should really think about how his fans have significantly contributed to GT. Now that he is in contact, he should look around a bit and take in some of the views many have spent time posting.

Many valuable insights, if Kaz cares to know...currently there is a person who is doing a thorough Gr4 & Gr3 BoP test for example. I'll say it again, don't just come around when you have something to sell. It makes you look terrible.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back