GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
Kaz should really think about how his fans have significantly contributed to GT. Now that he is in contact, he should look around a bit and take in some of the views many have spent time posting.

Many valuable insights, if Kaz cares to know...currently there is a person who is doing a thorough Gr4 & Gr3 BoP test for example. I'll say it again, don't just come around when you have something to sell. It makes you look terrible.
But the VR update is free...

The question I got is, will this update include more new content to play with the PSVR2? Or will all of the lucky buyers will have to replay the same events all over again just to make sure thier investment is worth it? I mean, I think that some of us are already tired of the grindy fashion of GT7 up until now.

I've got a major concern thought... How the hell is that we are in 2023 and still nobody had the time travel machine to get working?... :?

Men of culture!!! :cheers:

VR was meant for racing games. You feel like in the car with the stereoscopic 3D and the possibility to look at 360 degrees. Not only you can watch the perfectly reproduced cockpits but you can also watch your mirrors naturally or just staring at the corner-exits like in real life. It totally change the experience from just a game to a really convincing driving experience! I've played a lot of VR games and racing is one of the very best experiences you can have in VR with shooting games, but the the fact that you are sitting in the car and not walking with a stick makes it even more immersive!

Lago Maggiore's big drop is quite impressive too, but Road Atlanta will be a blast for sure, especially with the day/night cycle. Will look so great in VR!

I even believe that, but in my driving style, I am not interested in looking at the mirrors, or if the radio will be connected on the antenna3

I even believe that, but in my driving style, I am not interested in looking at the mirrors, or if the radio will be connected on the antenna3
Imagine you're driving irl and you cannot turn your head, you can just stare in font of you even while cornering, and you have just one eye so you can't perceive depth and distances accurately.

It's not easy to explain and even more difficult to understand how driving in VR feels like without experiencing it, but it's definitively what's the closest to driving irl.

Not caring about the cockpits is one thing, even if as a car lover it sounds a little sad, but being able to face the corner exits, look at the mirrors and perceive the depth is quite some driving basics. You'd miss it if you experience it and go back to 2D after.

Last edited:
Imagine if it worked with multiple headsets. In that we could drive passengers around. Sure, it’d be the cost of an F1 weekend or one month’s rent, but pretty cool to share with people who know little of Motorsport.
They can already try VR experiences as a passenger in a real life race car.

I wouldn’t subject anyone to be a virtual passenger when I’m driving - not that sadistic.

They can already try VR experiences as a passenger in a real life race car.

I wouldn’t subject anyone to be a virtual passenger when I’m driving - not that sadistic.
How about taking a passengers around the Nordschliefe in a Beetle or in a kei car around Suzuka or multiple people in a TRD Tundra around Bathurst? All from your living room. Maybe thirty minutes tops. Would be pretty expensive to replicate that with airfare, hotel bookings and rental cars for each location. ;)

How about taking a passengers around the Nordschliefe in a Beetle or in a kei car around Suzuka or multiple people in a TRD Tundra around Bathurst? All from your living room. Maybe thirty minutes tops. Would be pretty expensive to replicate that with airfare, hotel bookings and rental cars for each location. ;)
Probably cheaper than building the computer and headsets that could manage it

One more to come.
Hello, thx for your amazing work. Just a question: when you get the interview with Yamauchi, why don’t you ask all the questions that the gt community here would like to ask? It is like forbidden? He cannot ask? Or what’s the problem?

Imagine if it worked with multiple headsets. In that we could drive passengers around. Sure, it’d be the cost of an F1 weekend or one month’s rent, but pretty cool to share with people who know little of Motorsport.
May not be the same thing, but you did bring up something cool. Spectate mode while in someone's lobby. While everyone is in the race, you can go into spectate mode, and ride in the car with them. God please let that be in VR mode, but realistically it'll be in cinematic

May not be the same thing, but you did bring up something cool. Spectate mode while in someone's lobby. While everyone is in the race, you can go into spectate mode, and ride in the car with them. God please let that be in VR mode, but realistically it'll be in cinematic
That would be pretty cool.

For any glasses users like me, there are some pre-orders up for PSVR2 lens inserts on a site for about $60 right now. I ordered a pair and I will update people on the qality when I get them if anyone wats to hold out till then.
This is absolutely something I'm interested in. I wear progressive lens glasses 90% of the time. I used to wear contacts in my HP Reverb G2 but it was a pain to continuously put contacts in just to play in VR. I ordered some prescription lens inserts and they make everything so much easier. I was a little concerned prior because my inserts for the Samsung Odyssey protruded too much and pressed against my eyes. Couldn't do it. I'm also hoping that lens inserts for the PSVR2 won't interfere with the eye tracking sensors. Looking forward to your review.

Last edited:
For those concerned about glasses and PSVR2. Which was one more nail.

Ya'll ever notice when you're young, like 14y/o, time drags its butt? As you get older it seems to speed up. When you hit 40 it seems you can turn around twice, blink your eyes and you're 60.

This February it seems I've jumped back to the 14y/o time speed sense. The next 2 weeks seem so far away. If that thing ain't delivered on the 22nd, that week, and every day in it, will utterly crawl by, I expect. Until it's been delivered anyway. Hopefully, I don't have a coronary with all this anticipation.

Or anyone with vertigo issues.

This is why I'm hesitant on getting it. I've had a few bouts with vertigo as of late and im fearful this could essily trigger an episode.

Last thing I want to have happen is experiencing the room spinning after finishing a 2 hour endurance race..

Back