GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
Not sure if it’s been mentioned but a vr track builder would be really cool. Be like putting together a slot track. Probably be easier then the one in GT 6.

I am so ridiculously excited, 10 days to go. Ever since I was a child, I dreamed of being inside the racing car, inside the game. I have PSVR which has been great fun but it never quite lived up to my expectations in terms of graphics. With PSVR2 and my Fanatec DD Pro, I am going have experiences I never thought possible.

IRL I have to park my car on the street, it gets scratches, it gets hit all the time. So I can't have a nice car IRL, I have to have something I don't mind other people hitting. Although my sim rig will now total over £1500, I don't mind that. It's going to be my chance to drive 100's of cars on loads of tracks, against real people if I want.

I fully expect to be slower at first. Now that we will experience the rise and fall of the track, it is going to feel completely new in some ways. I don't care if I come last, the experience will be the ultimate reward. Hopefully I will get faster over time!

Does anyone who has done VR racing on the PC have any practical tips?

Anyway, that's my Sunday evening hype post!

I hope there are other options than the cockpit view, that’s all I’ve seen in the previews. Does anyone know if you can change views?
Can’t wait to try it either way….

I’ve sadly figured out I’m not going to be able to drive in VR, because of the cockpit instrument displays in the cars I like.

They are all in kmh and my brain cannot compute the conversion to a civilised unit, along with all the other stuff it has to do to race. Loads of them don’t even have a proper rev counter either or gear display. I can barely drive in MT with the hud on, this will be terrible.

I drive for Citroen in the GTWS - this is the cockpit of the Gr.4 GT - no clue what gear I’m in.

View attachment 1228275
Speed numbers are basically irrelevant once you get used to how the car handles at a given track. I find that once I get used to the combo, I can basically just focus on my marks without having to check my instrument cluster other than to have a look at my fuel level. As for the gear, you can simply count them in your head as you shift. And if you forget what gear you're in, try upshifting to what you think is the top gear next time you get to a long straight, and then upshift again. If the second upshift doesn't go through, you'll know you're already in top gear and can use that to recalibrate the gear indicator in your head.

Last edited:
one thing you can do in VR is move a bit further back and lower and reset your in-game position, then sit up and forward and you will be closer to the dash/hood
I hope there's a bit more adjustment possible than compared to now. No idea how it will actually be in VR but without it, the adjustments are just a bit too narrow

I hope there are other options than the cockpit view, that’s all I’ve seen in the previews. Does anyone know if you can change views?
Can’t wait to try it either way….
Locked to cockpit, but really it's all you would really want. Having tried VR a good bit back years ago with the Vive, without having a frame like the cockpit always there, you'd probably get sick very quick.

I remember playing some crappy dungeon game with two movement options, one being teleporting and the other analog movement like normal games. The analog movement made me sick almost immediately, guess because the only thing comparable to your mind is your eyes flying out of your head lol. I'm sure tech has gotten better to reduce that but still I'll never forget that feeling, think it's best to lock it down to cockpit view. I sure wouldn't wanna be strapped to the bumper of a car going over 200mph at Le Mans 😅

Last edited:
Damn! That looks so smooth and really fun! Got to preorder it now! 😜
Heyyy, come to think of it... I am going to Japan by the end of february, so I thought of asking you where do you recommend me buying the PSVR2?
There are lots of stores over there so i'm really not sure where to begin with lol.

Heyyy, come to think of it... I am going to Japan by the end of february, so I thought of asking you where do you recommend me buying the PSVR2?
There are lots of stores over there so i'm really not sure where to begin with lol.
If there is stock, you can find it for sure in the Akihabara neighborhood.

I haven't lived there for years but bet you could find it at most Bic Camera stores or Yamada Denki, that's where I got a good bit of my electronics over there

Last edited:
Just got an email informing me the charge for the pre ordered PSV2 will be made soon. Cool. Went to check on the order status. Says it's gonna be 579.99. That didn't sound right. Went back and looked at the order confirmation email I got when I ordered, it says it was 549.99. WTF? I guess they can just switch and bait and throw on an extra 20 bucks? Anybody else see this? Maybe I'm missing something.
EDIT: Nevermind. I was looking at the wrong order number. My computer autofilled the field for order number with the order number from the PS5. Back to the game.

Last edited:
Just got an email informing me the charge for the pre ordered PSV2 will be made soon. Cool. Went to check on the order status. Says it's gonna be 579.99. That didn't sound right. Went back and looked at the email I got when I ordered. It says it was 549.99. WTF? I guess they can just switch and bait and throw on an extra 20 bucks? Anybody else see this? Maybe I'm missing something.
Mine is still 549

one thing you can do in VR is move a bit further back and lower and reset your in-game position, then sit up and forward and you will be closer to the dash/hood

Not a good idea in GT thought, since you are really close to the steering wheel by default. I used to do the exact contrary in GT sport! 😁
Maybe it's different in GT7 thought, in the first footage they showed at CES, the camera was way more far than what you have in GT sport or even on "2D" cockpit cam.

I sure wouldn't wanna be strapped to the bumper of a car going over 200mph at Le Mans 😅

Ahah! Exactly that 😁

Hi bud :)

I know that it will be sold at Yodobashi, Bic Camera and other electronic stores, but be aware that there may be really few stocks in Japan as always with Sony products. Never seen the PS5 even once in any store so far. My wife spotted a second hand one in Book off a few days ago at more than 70.000円.

And the PSVR1 was nowhere to be found for at least 1 year and a half...

They opened preorders on Amazon.jp (invitation only), Yodobashi Camera, Bic Camera, Tsutaya, Joshin, Geo, Edion, Nojima and Net Shop:

So I was doing some bored comparison, and it seems like it's really the full graphics, running along foveated rendering. The game basically looks the exact same. Same patches of grass, same assets, same textures, same lightning. This is about to be something incredible. The only thing they have turned off is procedural grass. (only noticeable in other tracks).

This is GT7 - PSVR2 version:

View attachment 1229584

This is GT7 - PS5 Version: (different car)
View attachment 1229571

You can see the exact same assets at display, even the shadows look similar.

View attachment 1229583

from the last PSVR video.

View attachment 1229581

From my PS5 version.

All in all, it seems procedural grass is reduced or off, and motion blur is turned off too.

It's the same game, even graphically :cheers: :drool:
Well this is awesome and thanks for taking the time to check and compare. Taking a noticeable graphical hit in VR would be a deal breaker for me so your comparisons adding to what we know already is further confirmation of no compromise in graphics while in VR. Great stuff!

Back