GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
I was thinking of this, too. Tbh, I can't see any reason that they wouldn't be able to do a passenger mode, if you had an online friend also with PSVR2 and GT7.

Just another dude in the passenger seat :-) Would be a great 2 up chat room if you could see each others heads moving...

F9A84C50-F72D-4BA8-AFD1-6E023A711C9E.gif

I get it that you might accidentally wave your arm into something, but people trying to jump off a virtual building is such a mystery
Maybe the stereoscopic 3D effect, but many people seem unable to distinguish VR and reality.

I may have talked about it on this topic, can't remember, but my wife had a panic attack after trying Ocean Descent on PSVR. She litterally cried for almost 20 minutes after turning off the headset... 😅 (no joke!)

Maybe the stereoscopic 3D effect, but many people seem unable to distinguish VR and reality.

I may have talked about it on this topic, can't remember, but my wife had a panic attack after trying Ocean Descent on PSVR. She litterally cried for almost 20 minutes after turning off the headset... 😅 (no joke!)
I would hope they do distinguish it from reality, if they are jumping off buildings. I think it's mainly that they know it's fake, but they are so immersed that they forget that they are also still moving for real

I would hope they do distinguish it from reality, if they are jumping off buildings. I think it's mainly that they know it's fake, but they are so immersed that they forget that they are also still moving for real
Of course they are aware that it's just a game, maybe it's more that they feel like being in the game for real and think that their actions won't have consequences in the real world, or something like that. Doesn't make sense to me neither, but I'm willing to understand what happens in their mind when they start running and jumping right into the TV... 😅 I've seen so many of those videos but it still mesmerizes me.

Last edited:
Some people are really getting into motion when playing, even the case for non VR games.
Never seen a friend playing, dramatically swerving the controller all over the place just to overtake in Mario Kart or similiar funnily silly situations?

Of course they are aware that it's just a game, maybe it's more that they feel like being in the game for real and think that their actions won't have consequences in the real world, or something like that. Doesn't make sense to me neither, but I'm willing to understand what happens in their mind when they start running and jumping right into the TV... 😅 I've seen so many of those videos but it still mesmerizes me.
I did have a little 'moment' with the original PSVR once, where I wanted to take off the headset, so I put my controller away on the table next to me, only to realise that that table only existed in VR 😅

I find after a while in VR you start to forget your real world surroundings.

I use a wheel so, when racing, sometimes I'll lean my body into corners. Then, realize and tell myself, "stop moving idiot!" ...and that's no VR! 🤣
Ahah! Same here, especially in the long curbs of Big Willow in Daily C 😂 Cannot help!

I find after a while in VR you start to forget your real world surroundings.
Totally!
That's why I prefer to sit most of the time (I'm a helpless slacker anyway).
The pass through will be welcome thought! 😁

Some people are really getting into motion when playing, even the case for non VR games.
Never seen a friend playing, dramatically swerving the controller all over the place just to overtake in Mario Kart or similiar funnily silly situations?
LOL My 8-year-old dude does this constantly. I was cracking up just the other day watching him play Astro's Playroom. I tried to point out to him he might have better control if he didn't hold the thing up in the air, over his head, off to the side ... he legit didn't even understand what I was talking about. To him, it's entirely natural whipping his arms and body and controller around all over the place.

So I was doing some bored comparison, and it seems like it's really the full graphics, running along foveated rendering. The game basically looks the exact same. Same patches of grass, same assets, same textures, same lightning. This is about to be something incredible. The only thing they have turned off is procedural grass. (only noticeable in other tracks).

This is GT7 - PSVR2 version:

View attachment 1229584

This is GT7 - PS5 Version: (different car)
View attachment 1229571

You can see the exact same assets at display, even the shadows look similar.

View attachment 1229583

from the last PSVR video.

View attachment 1229581

From my PS5 version.

All in all, it seems procedural grass is reduced or off, and motion blur is turned off too.

It's the same game, even graphically :cheers: :drool:
After watching a video recently on digital foundry from a PSVR2 Dev the Eye Tracking + Foveated Rendering is a killer feature for performance def believe its pretty much minimal changes that had to be done esp since its a reprojected 60 vs wanting the game to run at a native 90 or even 120.

IIRC, the game already uses this animation automatically. I think I've seen it in replays with AI drivers. I know for sure it happens in kart races.
What I remember from GT sport is that when a car was in your blind spot and you looked at it in VR, the head of your opponent would just disappear, probably to reduce the compute load on this good old PS4 fat! 😅

It was especially eye-catching to see a beheaded guy passing right next to you on the racing kart!

Last edited:
What I remember from GT sport is that when a car was in your blind spot and you looked at it in VR, the head of your opponent would just disappear, probably to reduce the compute load on this good old PS4 fat! 😅

It was especially eye-catching to see a beheaded guy passing right next to you on the racing kart!
That's like when you're chasing a top ten replay in a daily race and there's no driver, just the kart. A true definition of chasing a ghost. :lol:

I’ve sadly figured out I’m not going to be able to drive in VR, because of the cockpit instrument displays in the cars I like.

They are all in kmh and my brain cannot compute the conversion to a civilised unit, along with all the other stuff it has to do to race. Loads of them don’t even have a proper rev counter either or gear display. I can barely drive in MT with the hud on, this will be terrible.

I drive for Citroen in the GTWS - this is the cockpit of the Gr.4 GT - no clue what gear I’m in.

View attachment 1228275

Sad times, I will be stuck with the boring flat version forever.
You better stick to Mario Kart ! what a ridiculous excuse OMG

Back