GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
Something I thought of last night: surely there's not going to be any 'wobble' camera modes while in VR, correct? @Jordan can you confirm?

In my opinion, cockpit view is unusable in it's current form because of it. Plus, I can imagine getting very sick if wobble made its way to VR.

Only interior view is available when playing in VR. I did not note any additional "wobble" in the camera. It felt as if it was only reacting to the movements of my head.
Exactly that!
I've been playing GT sport a lot in VR, and there is no additional wobble, which would make it feel unnatural.

Those wobble effects are only here to simulate the head's movements so that the cockpit cam doesn't look too much static, but since your head is fully tracked you don't need it anymore in VR.

If you want to play cockpit cam on TV, the wobble mode 1 is totally usable. Mode 2 is way too much and makes driving really difficult and weird.

Exactly that!
I've been playing GT sport a lot in VR, and there is no additional wobble, which would make it feel unnatural.

Those wobble effects are only here to simulate the head's movements so that the cockpit cam doesn't look too much static, but since your head is fully tracked you don't need it anymore in VR.

If you want to play cockpit cam on TV, the wobble mode 1 is totally usable. Mode 2 is way too much and makes driving really difficult and weird.
I can't even use mode 1, personally. Really glad that won't be in VR.

I'd use cockpit view exclusively in TV mode if they allowed you to turn it off entirely. Would be a nice add for the non-VR crowd with this update!

Actually, in pancake mode the best and most realistic camera mode is missing in gt7. Which is Angle 2, sit in front of driver positionso left or right side allignee with your tv. But then closer up to the dashboard without steering wheel visable in game. Closer than for instance acc view with wheel rendered out. Driveclub did this super nice. For me thats the most realistic pancake mode because your sitting around 50cm or so from the front window relatively.

Actually, in pancake mode the best and most realistic camera mode is missing in gt7. Which is Angle 2, sit in front of driver positionso left or right side allignee with your tv. But then closer up to the dashboard without steering wheel visable in game. Closer than for instance acc view with wheel rendered out. Driveclub did this super nice. For me thats the most realistic pancake mode because your sitting around 50cm or so from the front window relatively.

ACC has it nailed. Fully customizable. Not forced into any preset view.

I'm looking forward to cockpit not feeling like a 'handicapped ' mode with vr. I Just can't see/judge apexes/turns as accurately as real life, or ACC... it shouldn't feel like you're at a disadvantage, buy it does to me and seemingly many others on here in its present form, which is a shame.

Last edited:
I checked Fanatec’s site and it seems the lower cost DD Pro is sold out and won’t be restocked. Heard mixed things about Thrustmaster’s offerings, particularly the pedals. The Logitech G923 is the obvious budget option.

Wish there was something in the £400-£500 range.

I am getting thrustmaster t300 gt rs with the shifter, might make a good partner with psvr2 but its not cheap, already have psvr2 on pre order, besides gran turismo 7, i am looking forward to try resident evil village

I checked Fanatec’s site and it seems the lower cost DD Pro is sold out and won’t be restocked.
It's been like that for months. It was the same with the premium bundle as well, and they wrote that there was no restock planned, but since a few weeks ago you can order it normally. Might be the same with the lowest price setup 👍

B80
ACC has it nailed. Fully customizable. Not forced into any preset view.

I'm looking forward to cockpit not feeling like a 'handicapped ' mode with vr. I Just can't see/judge apexes/turns as accurately as real life, or ACC... it shouldn't feel like you're at a disadvantage, buy it does to me and seemingly many others on here in its present form, which is a shame.
Spot on. I really hope (and assume) that the PD devs have looked at ACCs implementation and have used it for inspiration. The way you can adjust FOV depending on the car’s cockpit size and dimensions is excellent in ACC

I checked Fanatec’s site and it seems the lower cost DD Pro is sold out and won’t be restocked. Heard mixed things about Thrustmaster’s offerings, particularly the pedals. The Logitech G923 is the obvious budget option.

Wish there was something in the £400-£500 range.
I think you can find tgt 2 for 500 tough little too much for this wheel (its not direct drive) still very good wheel for gt7 (was used in gtws finals). Edit: its more expensive, found on amazon for 509 without pedals

Last edited:
I preordered a couple of weeks ago for the PSVR2. Does anyone who has experience preordering hardware from Sony (UK) know how quickly it arrives? Will it be shipped in time for delivery on release date? Or will it be shipped out on release date?

I am trying to plan my days off :)
I ordered my Edge controller on a Friday (day after launch) and it arrived Sunday lunchtime by DPD.
From what I read elsewhere, preorders were shipped on launch day for next day delivery.

This JUST arrived....going to be a long two weeks....

Attachments

• 20230209_110927.jpg
    20230209_110927.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 18
snc
I think you can find tgt 2 for 500 tough little too much for this wheel (its not direct drive) still very good wheel for gt7 (was used in gtws finals). Edit: its more expensive, found on amazon for 509 without pedals
Amazon Warehouse have the TGT 2 with pedals for £517, open box but Like New condition. Would love a Fanatec wheel, but getting upto £800+ with delivery! On the budget front the T300 seems the best bet.

This JUST arrived....going to be a long two weeks....

Got exactly the same plus the handbrake!

The shifter is perfect and can be turned into a sequential with just a slider, which is really cool when you want to drive the racing kart, Escudo, or some formulas and other cars :)

The load cell is a blast too, even if it needs a little time to get used to it because of its stiffness. You will also need shoes to get the best out of it, especially if you want to heel-and-toe.

And of course, the wheel is great too, especially with the boost kit! Might take some time to find settings adapted to your playstyle and what you're looking for, but after that it's sheer joy!

Fanatec quality is top notch and you'll have a lot of fun, especially in VR :)

Enjoy bro! 👊

------------------------

A little out of topic once again, but if you guys want to experience some epic aircraft battles in a War Thunder spin off for PSVR2, please take one minute to respond to this survey on their website 👍

nice. I have the same setup (though home made boost kit)

Got exactly the same plus the handbrake!

The shifter is perfect and can be turned into a sequential with just a slider, which is really cool when you want to drive the racing kart, Escudo, or some formulas and other cars :)

The load cell is a blast too, even if it needs a little time to get used to it because of its stiffness. You will also need shoes to get the best out of it, especially if you want to heel-and-toe.

And of course, the wheel is great too, especially with the boost kit! Might take some time to find settings adapted to your playstyle and what you're looking for, but after that it's sheer joy!

Fanatec quality is top notch and you'll have a lot of fun, especially in VR :)

Enjoy bro! 👊

------------------------

A little out of topic once again, but if you guys want to experience some epic aircraft battles in a War Thunder spin off for PSVR2, please take one minute to respond to this survey on their website 👍

Thanks brother! I know, the Fanatec handbrake will be the last piece of the puzzle. Do you need it in the rally stages in GT7? I have a no name handbrake that I used for Rally 2.0 but there's no way it's compatible with the PS5. All my purchases feel a little redundant because I already have a Fanatec DD2, Heusinkveld pedals and sequential, none of which play nice with the PS5. I looked into drive hub that connects all those, but just uncovered too many horror stories everywhere. I said screw it, I'm going to do it right. I have a question about using the clutch and H pattern shifter in GT7; does it come with any performance advantages or disadvantages as opposed to using the auto clutch and paddle shifters? For instance, in Iracing, you actually get a performance benefit by using the clutch. There's a bunch of videos of people out there testing all the options. It'd be cool if GT7 had that.

So I was doing some bored comparison, and it seems like it's really the full graphics, running along foveated rendering. The game basically looks the exact same. Same patches of grass, same assets, same textures, same lightning. This is about to be something incredible. The only thing they have turned off is procedural grass. (only noticeable in other tracks).

This is GT7 - PSVR2 version:

Celica-Trial-Mtn.jpg

This is GT7 - PS5 Version: (different car)
Gran Turismo® 7_20230209203001.png

You can see the exact same assets at display, even the shadows look similar.

Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 20.38.51.png

from the last PSVR video.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230209204841.png

From my PS5 version.

All in all, it seems procedural grass is reduced or off, and motion blur is turned off too.

It's the same game, even graphically :cheers: :drool:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 20.38.21.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 20.38.21.png
    219.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Thanks brother! I know, the Fanatec handbrake will be the last piece of the puzzle. Do you need it in the rally stages in GT7? I have a no name handbrake that I used for Rally 2.0 but there's no way it's compatible with the PS5. All my purchases feel a little redundant because I already have a Fanatec DD2, Heusinkveld pedals and sequential, none of which play nice with the PS5. I looked into drive hub that connects all those, but just uncovered too many horror stories everywhere. I said screw it, I'm going to do it right. I have a question about using the clutch and H pattern shifter in GT7; does it come with any performance advantages or disadvantages as opposed to using the auto clutch and paddle shifters? For instance, in Iracing, you actually get a performance benefit by using the clutch. There's a bunch of videos of people out there testing all the options. It'd be cool if GT7 had that.
Yes, I love to use the handbrake for dirt tracks or drifting. Even if I suck at it it's incredibly fun, especially in VR!

As for the clutch, it depends on the cars, but for all pre-2000 RWD or all the good old Gr.1 equipped with clutch, I actually think that you can perform better than with paddles. When you play in semi-auto transmission and shift with the paddles, the downshift acceleration is automated to avoid spinning (you can hear it clearly and see it on the accelerometer as well), but it's not optimal at all and you can have way better results by using heel-and-toe technique efficiently.

Be aware that when playing with manual transmission you can stall, or just fail your shifting if you release the clutch pedal too early, making you lose some precious seconds when it happens. There's no accel compensation when downshifting neither, so you might spin a lot at first before mastering the heel-and-toe.

Might take a lot of practice just to get as fast as with the paddles if you're not used to it, but when you reach that point it's really thrilling and it will give you some of the best driving sensations you can have in the game!

It seems a little overwhelming at first, but nothing you cannot overcome with some practice, and it's totally worth the effort! 👍

So I was doing some bored comparison, and it seems like it's really the full graphics, running along foveated rendering. The game basically looks the exact same. Same patches of grass, same assets, same textures, same lightning. This is about to be something incredible. The only thing they have turned off is procedural grass. (only noticeable in other tracks).

View attachment 1229584

View attachment 1229571

View attachment 1229583

View attachment 1229581

From my PS5 version.

All in all, it seems procedural grass is reduced or off, and motion blur is turned off too.

Thanks for sharing those screens, except for the foveated rendering, they look exactly the same! :)

Had a blast of the Shifter Kart in Gt sport on PSVR1 and how fun it was and how the idea of a go kart track and a full grid of human racers with psvr2 would be such a blast :)
Guess we'll have some racing kart lobbies by the end of February 😁 Will be great fun for sure!

Last edited:

View attachment 1229584

View attachment 1229571

View attachment 1229583

View attachment 1229581

From my PS5 version.

I wonder if foveated rendering can dynamically turn off things like procedural grass, maybe turns back on when the user is looking directly at it?

I wonder if foveated rendering can dynamically turn off things like procedural grass, maybe turns back on when the user is looking directly at it?
I was thinking about the same thing earlier but with shadows. It might have explained the lack of certain shadows in the Suzuka footage.

Back