GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
If there is stock, you can find it for sure in the Akihabara neighborhood.
I haven't lived there for years but bet you could find it at most Bic Camera stores or Yamada Denki, that's where I got a good bit of my electronics over there
Hi bud :)

I know that it will be sold at Yodobashi, Bic Camera and other electronic stores, but be aware that there may be really few stocks in Japan as always with Sony products. Never seen the PS5 even once in any store so far. My wife spotted a second hand one in Book off a few days ago at more than 70.000円.

And the PSVR1 was nowhere to be found for at least 1 year and a half...

They opened preorders on Amazon.jp (invitation only), Yodobashi Camera, Bic Camera, Tsutaya, Joshin, Geo, Edion, Nojima and Net Shop:

Thank you everyone for your recommendations! I will try my best to get one!!

Just got an email informing me the charge for the pre ordered PSV2 will be made soon. Cool. Went to check on the order status. Says it's gonna be 579.99. That didn't sound right. Went back and looked at the order confirmation email I got when I ordered, it says it was 549.99. WTF? I guess they can just switch and bait and throw on an extra 20 bucks? Anybody else see this? Maybe I'm missing something.
EDIT: Nevermind. I was looking at the wrong order number. My computer autofilled the field for order number with the order number from the PS5. Back to the game.
$549 + $33 tax free shipping for me

Very cool, I went ahead and ordered a PSVR 2, Fanatec GT DD Pro wheel and pedal set and a Next Level FGT cockpit. Cannot wait to enjoy GT in VR.
Got the same set up. Get a Buttkicker or the next level haptic seat. I believe your cockpit has a bar on the bottom of the seat to install a Buttkicker.

Going to be wild to go inside this game after playing it flat all these years.

Got the same set up. Get a Buttkicker or the next level haptic seat. I believe your cockpit has a bar on the bottom of the seat to install a Buttkicker.

I definitely should, have a Buttkicker with my current iRacing cockpit set up and its great.

How well are the haptics in this game? Was thinking about it for VR immersion but wasn't sure how good it would be if it was based off game audio instead of telemetry (assuming there's not a way to get telemetry data from this game?)

After previously stating that I would not be getting PSVR 2, I finally gave in and preordered it from PS Direct.

One thing I'm really curious about is whether it'll accurately convey gradients on the track. I still remember how flustered I was during my first ever lap on the real-world Nordschleife. I joined the track at Döttinger Höhe and the view of the track up ahead immediately gave me goosebumps. No GT game had ever given me an accurate impression of just how steep that incline towards Antoniusbuche is. The whole thing was such a daunting experience that I spent pretty much the entire lap indicating right and waving everyone by, despite being in an M6. I really hope that they've nailed as much of that feel as possible in VR.

On a different note, is it really true that you can't buy those Sense controllers separately? If yes, you better take real good care of the ones your VR pack comes with :)

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your recommendations! I will try my best to get one!!

I you want to get it for sure, and if you have some contacts here, my best bet would be to preorder it. I forgot to mention that with the yen depreciation, the PSVR2 is super expensive in Japan (75.000円 or 80.000円 with Horizon), so depending on how long you stay in Japan you probably better wait and buy it in your home country. I couldn't wait one day more myself thought... 😅

How well are the haptics in this game? Was thinking about it for VR immersion but wasn't sure how good it would be if it was based off game audio instead of telemetry (assuming there's not a way to get telemetry data from this game?)

A friend of mine has a buttkicker and he told me that he uses a program on PC to get the telemetry data out of GT7and it works really well. Forgot the name of the program but I will ask him 👍

I really hope that they've nailed as much of that feel as possible in VR.

On a different note, is it really true that you can't buy those Sense controller's separately? If yes, you better take real good care of the ones your VR pack comes with :)
Welcome aboard mate! 😎 This week will be one of the longest of your life, especially with the first reviews that will raise the hype even more!

The Nordschleife is amazing in VR. It was on GT sport but will be way better in GT7! The elevation changes are one of the most impressive things you can experience in VR, due to the stereoscopic 3D. After trying it in VR you'll wonder how you could have feel any kind of steep on flat screen!

As for the controllers, they will be sold separately for sure, but better take care of them anyway 😁

Last edited:
I you want to get it for sure, and if you have some contacts here, my best bet would be to preorder it. I forgot to mention that with the yen depreciation, the PSVR2 is super expensive in Japan (75.000円 or 80.000円 with Horizon), so depending on how long you stay in Japan you probably better wait and buy it in your home country. I couldn't wait one day more myself thought... 😅
Fortunately money won't be an issue! Well, yes, actually the only money issue would be to buy that thing in my country, because almost everything around here is expensive, especially electronics!
I'm going to stay over there for two weeks, just as a tourist though, I don't have any contcts over there to receive the PSVR if I preorder it...
And lucky you! I hope you can get it as soon as possible to enjoy it to its fullest!

You can use simhub/telemetry with GT 7. Feels so much better of course.
Oh nice, didn't expect that. Gonna have to reconsider waiting on grabbing buttkickers, was gonna wait a bit since I just got my setup but might grab it earlier than I was expecting
A friend of mine has a buttkicker and he told me that he uses a program on PC to get the telemetry data out of GT7and it works really well. Forgot the name of the program but I will ask him 👍

Thanks! Looking into it a bit from Letsrace's suggestion looks like it's probably simhub is my guess. Didn't expect there to be access to telemetry in a console game, that's really cool.

Last edited:
Photo mode in VR anyone...or am I the only one looking forward to how this will work. Also, I can't really understand why some might want other views other than cockpit when driving. Why would you want to be strapped to the bonnet or roof? I suppose you could feel like a stunt man 🤔, good luck with the motion sickness though

Photo mode in VR anyone...or am I the only one looking forward to how this will work. Also, I can't really understand why some might want other views other than cockpit when driving. Why would you want to be strapped to the bonnet or roof? I suppose you could feel like a stunt man 🤔, good luck with the motion sickness though
I assume that´s mostly people who have never experienced VR before and I don´t blame them.
You have to experience it once first hand to fully understand it.
And of course once you do you want nothing but cockpit cam.

Last edited:
Re cockpit view vs. bumpercam... Overall vision, forward, to the sides so you can see apexes better, and rearview mirror are all better and honestly more realistic in this sense; Cockpit view seems to give me very limited view, as if I'm looking out of a bunker. Much more limiting than real life. When I'm driving on track in real life, I don't see the A-pillar. I don't see the roofline. I don't see the hood. The spatial awareness is such that I am so focused on the world outside of the car, not inside, that the mind just kind of makes that stuff disappear. Spatial awareness is what is lacking in flat screen simulation vs. real life, so bumpercam works best for me, but I can see where cockpit view works for others. With the increased spatial awareness that PSV2 will obviously bring, I'm expecting I'll adjust to the cockpit view just fine.

Re cockpit view vs. bumpercam... Overall vision, forward, to the sides so you can see apexes better, and rearview mirror are all better and honestly more realistic in this sense; Cockpit view seems to give me very limited view, as if I'm looking out of a bunker. Much more limiting than real life. When I'm driving on track in real life, I don't see the A-pillar. I don't see the roofline. I don't see the hood. The spatial awareness is such that I am so focused on the world outside of the car, not inside, that the mind just kind of makes that stuff disappear. Spatial awareness is what is lacking in flat screen simulation vs. real life, so bumpercam works best for me, but I can see where cockpit view works for others. With the increased spatial awareness that PSV2 will obviously bring, I'm expecting I'll adjust to the cockpit view just fine.
I expect the spatial awareness you refer to from sitting in a real car will transfer really well to VR. When I tried it in GT sport, honestly, it mimicked me sitting in my daily car really well. To a point where if I had a motion rig I would forget that I wasn't in a real car. I am confident that you will find cockpit view is very natural. Another point of reference was driving a formula car with the new head protection which places a pillar right in front of your face. It wasn't noticeable in GTSport, just like real drivers say.

Last edited:
As for the controllers, they will be sold separately for sure, but better take care of them anyway 😁
Here's a quote from the extensive FAQ on PSVR 2:
Will the PS VR2 Sense controller be sold separately?

PS VR2 Sense controller is not sold separately at this time.
Surely they will be sold seperately at some point in the future, but for now you'd be in really bad place if something happened to the ones your VR pack comes with. I hope they get a listing up on PS Direct fairly soon for replacements.

Here's a quote from the extensive FAQ on PSVR 2:

Surely they will be sold seperately at some point in the future, but for now you'd be in really bad place if something happened to the ones your VR pack comes with. I hope they get a listing up on PS Direct fairly soon for replacements.
You have warranty for now, and there is really no point of having two sets of VR controllers.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Was Built for PSVR 2 From Day One, Says Kazunori Yamauchi

After I had the opportunity to be one of the first people to play Gran Turismo 7 with PSVR 2 last week, I also had the chance to speak with Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi for a one-on-one interview to discuss the new hardware...
Holy smokes this is going to be biblical 👌🏻 gt playseat
Fanatec gt DD with 8nm and brake kit
Now the psVR2 to top it all off can't w8 man
Nice to see Kaz interacting with the community, even though it's just to promote a Sony product. Now if he could just stick around a bit and stay in communication?

Don't just appear when you are selling something...it makes you look bad, you know, someone who has bad sportsmanship.
The dudes busy lol

Hi Everybody! Does anybody knows something about motion sickness in this new version?
I have preordered the Headset but I am so scared it would end up like the first time with the First Sony VR....3 days of sickness...sold.... ;(

When i drive with a controller i use chasecam, i dont like cockpit cam as much mainly becouse i see more and like to look at car while driving, in vr is different thing becouse you can see much more in cockpit campared to what you see on your tv screen, this is the only time i want to drive in cockpit cam

Hi Everybody! Does anybody knows something about motion sickness in this new version?
I have preordered the Headset but I am so scared it would end up like the first time with the First Sony VR....3 days of sickness...sold.... ;(
First tests suggest that it is much much much better than PSVR1. People who had motion sickness on GT Sport with PSVR1 now don't have any dizzy feelings while playing GT7 on PSVR2.
Maybe because of much sharper image higher Fov etc.

First tests suggest that it is much much much better than PSVR1. People who had motion sickness on GT Sport with PSVR1 now don't have any dizzy feelings while playing GT7 on PSVR2.
Maybe because of much sharper image higher Fov etc.
Yep I heard so! I am so excited! I really hope there will be no problems because it's really a dream for me come true. My stomach is weak unfortunately ;(

Back