GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
This was my plan, to check the ones included with the PSVR2, maybe they are good. Fetching 80 for Pulse 3d at this moment is impossible 🥲.

I can also try my Edifier Bluetooth headset with an adapter, which are super comfy and good sound quality but not 3D.

Thx for the info, you confirmed my guess. I don't use headphones with the PS5 anyway it will only be needed for the VR.
The 3D audio comes from the console. It will work with any stereo headphones.

Sony don’t make this clear because they obviously want people to buy their Pulse ones.

I just want to be able to use chase cam with the PSVR2.
That’s the thing with VR though, it’s hard to explain other than VR feels completely natural.

Anyone that’s worried about views in VR need to understand that different camera views are completely redundant when you’re in VR. Even watching a video of someone using VR is not a good representation of experiencing it yourself.
When you try it you’ll realise that there’s no longer any need for different camera views.

A lot of the reviews really gloss over GT7. I realize that's because the update for GT7 is not out so they probably aren't playing it. But you'd think they'd at least factor in that GT7 is extremely well suited for the device when they complain about the lack of new games for the PSVR 2. It would be nice to see a bit more commentary on that but maybe we are a small minority of readers/consumers.

That’s the thing with VR though, it’s hard to explain other than VR feels completely natural.

Anyone that’s worried about views in VR need to understand that different camera views are completely redundant when you’re in VR. Even watching a video of someone using VR is not a good representation of experiencing it yourself.
When you try it you’ll realise that there’s no longer any need for different camera views.

I disagree. I’ve spent countless hours in Dreams creating a driving sim and exterior views in VR have their place even in car games. People tend to have the same feeling towards 3rd person character views for other games in VR, saying 1st person is the only way. Again I disagree.

A lot of the reviews really gloss over GT7. I realize that's because the update for GT7 is not out so they probably aren't playing it. But you'd think they'd at least factor in that GT7 is extremely well suited for the device when they complain about the lack of new games for the PSVR 2. It would be nice to see a bit more commentary on that but maybe we are a small minority of readers/consumers.
There just isn't much to say as most people reviewig it have not played it, and it makes sense to highlight the stuff that they could play within the review period at home.

I’ve got amail today by authorized resseler that my order is arriving and can be picked up on 22nd of february anytime - I decided to pick it up when they arrive and not to mail the package… Store is really close …

Sony don’t make this clear because they obviously want people to buy their Pulse ones.
Oh seems like I fell for it! Thanks again for the info!

At this point I am focusing on staying alive ahead of 22nd February 2023. I'm taking my time crossing the road, sticking to the speed limit when driving, watching my blood pressure, I'm eating salads, hoping to avoid nuclear oblivion.

There just isn't much to say as most people reviewig it have not played it, and it makes sense to highlight the stuff that they could play within the review period at home.
Yep, Digital Foundry confirmed GT7 VR was not available for them to review.

I agree. GT7 is pretty much the entire reason I bought everything. While Horizon and Resident Evil, both of which I am getting, will be great, they'll have a natural ending to them. GT7's replayability will be immense, both with collecting cars, participating in races, challenges, etc... I have the game loaded and I just unlocked the licensing center. I'm holding off going further because I want to do it all in VR. I can understand a lot of people that progressed far in the game are a disappointed that there isn't much "left to do". However, I think when they hook the headset up, it's going to be a whole new game for them.

At this point I am focusing on staying alive ahead of 22nd February 2023. I'm taking my time crossing the road, sticking to the speed limit when driving, watching my blood pressure, I'm eating salads, hoping to avoid nuclear oblivion.
Dude this was hilarious and I know what you mean.... In my head I'm thinking "SOMETHING is going to happen.".

I agree. GT7 is pretty much the entire reason I bought everything. While Horizon and Resident Evil, both of which I am getting, will be great, they'll have a natural ending to them. GT7's replayability will be immense, both with collecting cars, participating in races, challenges, etc... I have the game loaded and I just unlocked the licensing center. I'm holding off going further because I want to do it all in VR. I can understand a lot of people that progressed far in the game are a disappointed that there isn't much "left to do". However, I think when they hook the headset up, it's going to be a whole new game for them.

Dude this was hilarious and I know what you mean.... In my head I'm thinking "SOMETHING is going to happen.".

Don’t even joke! Last week when all the weird UFO **** was going on, all I could think of was It would be so inconvenient for aliens to land before PSVR is out!

Last edited by a moderator:

The game reports I'm only 61% into game completion. I've created another account and it's sitting at the Music Rally thing until my VR2 gets here. I will then start the game over and when that account hit's the same % will swap back to my main and run from there in VR.

The likes of Digital Foundry will probably do full GT7 & RE8 features that will be just as long as today's hardware reviews. Should work out well in terms of coverage and more eyes on these specific titles. Both titles will sell a bunch of headsets to those not already convinced.

I know this is a GT7 forum but if anyone wants to sneak in little reviews for other games come launch day, I'd be pleased. I have RE8 and Pavlov will be a no-brainer but I wonder how the Kayak game will be.

I also hope the ear buds are of decent quality. I use the Arctis 7P for gaming and that might be a bit tricky to fit over the VR headset without having to adjust it everytime.

I know this is a GT7 forum but if anyone wants to sneak in little reviews for other games come launch day, I'd be pleased. I have RE8 and Pavlov will be a no-brainer but I wonder how the Kayak game will be.

I also hope the ear buds are of decent quality. I use the Arctis 7P for gaming and that might be a bit tricky to fit over the VR headset without having to adjust it everytime.
Your best bet is to browse the PSVR subreddit. You don't need an account to view it and everything is posted there and most of your questions are answered in the comments or in the reviews themselves.

Last edited:

This. I use some non pulse headphones and they work fine. IIRC you have to enable 3D audio in some system options somewhere but it works with any stereo headphones. It's a nice addition, I use it regularly in GT7, but it's kind of a pain because you have to wire it to a controller, sign in with that, then sign in with your wheel. When you're signed in with both controller and wheel it works well but incredibly clunky.

You could buy a bluetooth adapter and avoid the wire probably, but the VR2 has a physical connection too so using that would probably be less clunky than this controller solution

Last edited:
Your best bet is to browse the PSVR subreddit. You don't need an account to view it and everything is posted there and most of your questions are answered in the comments or in the reviews themselves.

I'm familiar with Reddit but there are a lot of what I like to call bucktoothed spittle sprayers on the gaming subs. But, yeah, no harm in lurking for a bit. The minigolf game seems to be pretty well reviewed.

@nobuffalo

Even in non Vr. Everyone who consider himself as a simrace have to race in cockpit view, everything else is arcade gaming 🦾
And like @ThruxtonGT wrote, vr in 3rd person or other views then cockpitview brackes it all. Is a good decision they locked it to cockpitview 👍🏻

Last edited:
I'm familiar with Reddit but there are a lot of what I like to call bucktoothed spittle sprayers on the gaming subs. But, yeah, no harm in lurking for a bit. The minigolf game seems to be pretty well reviewed.
I agree, and personally I find Reddit to be a genuinely terrible place to discuss anything at all. However, at these moments it makes for a good source of all kinds of info in a single place. Participating is (thankfully) optional LOL.

"Just got my PS VR2 3 months after being sober...wish my dad was still alive to see me play this and my girlfriend just dumped me also here's my cat and other consumerist mumbo jumbo around my gaming setup"

Last edited:
Do you think they will give us the option to retract the roof on certain convertibles that don't have the option currently?

Would love to drive the Cappuccino with the roof panels off.

I'm wondering what will be the fastest open top vehicle, Honda F1? That's going to be a lot of fun in PSVR2.

C6D15D57-D752-4D72-9A76-53F06D9A26BE.png

Latest Posts

Back