GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
"Just got my PS VR2 3 months after being sober...wish my dad was still alive to see me play this and my girlfriend just dumped me also here's my cat and other consumerist mumbo jumbo around my gaming setup"
This said, I think that people sharing random stuffs or having some hard times in life are the lesser problem of reddit compared to those cynic pricks trying to make an argument out of about any subject and willing to make everybody but themselves look like idiots. Went out there just for the GT7 sub and was amazed at how people can be salty for what's just a video game. I can only imagine what it is for more serious subjects... 😅

A heads up for anybody thinking of preordering from Costco, in Canada, might be diff in the US, but I spoke with somebody and they won’t be shipped out till 22nd and it it could be a week or ten days till it arrives. So I‘m bumming. Better to check if they have them in the store,

I know this is a GT7 forum but if anyone wants to sneak in little reviews for other games come launch day, I'd be pleased. I have RE8 and Pavlov will be a no-brainer but I wonder how the Kayak game will be.

I also hope the ear buds are of decent quality. I use the Arctis 7P for gaming and that might be a bit tricky to fit over the VR headset without having to adjust it everytime.
Recomand "psvr without parole" youtube channel (unfortunetly he didnt get psvr2). From good games that get update worth to check Saints and Sinners, Song in the smoke, Pistol Whip, Moss 1/2, After the fall, No Mans Sky, Demeo.

I'm wondering what will be the fastest open top vehicle, Honda F1? That's going to be a lot of fun in PSVR2.
Is this also fastest way to get motion sickness? Especially at the corkscrew at Laguna Seca?

A heads up for anybody thinking of preordering from Costco, in Canada, might be diff in the US, but I spoke with somebody and they won’t be shipped out till 22nd and it it could be a week or ten days till it arrives. So I‘m bumming. Better to check if they have them in the store,
I pre-ordered from Wal-Mart Canada and it says it's arriving on the 23rd, strangely. I think a similar thing happened with my PS5. It said it would arrive on the day after launch but it showed up at launch. I guess I'll take both the 22nd and 23rd off.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered from Wal-Mart Canada and it says it's arriving on the 23rd, strangely. I think a similar thing happened with my PS5. It said it would arrive on the day after launch but it showed up at launch. I guess I'll take both the 22nd and 23rd off.
Did they charge your card right away or only when it shipped?

Best Buy also says arriving on the 22, Costco says it will be in stock on the 22nd and shipped ASAP, I should have paid more attention to the small print, odd that Costco ships or gets them later then everybody else, I’m hoping the guy I spoke with was misinformed and it will show up sooner. Good luck with the new vr!

Last edited:
Did they charge your card right away or only when it shipped?
They charged it a week or two later, then returned the money a few days after. They'll take it again when it's shipped. The same thing happened with the DualSense Edge I pre-ordered from them.

snc
Recomand "psvr without parole" youtube channel (unfortunetly he didnt get psvr2). From good games that get update worth to check Saints and Sinners, Song in the smoke, Pistol Whip, Moss 1/2, After the fall, No Mans Sky, Demeo.
The Tokyo's [Try! PSVR2] event starts tomorrow, so hopefully we should get some new footages of GT7 and RE8 during the weekend :)

Can't wait for players feedbacks!

I'm not sure which is the fastest but I'm looking forward to the 88 mclaren F1 & the Super Formula cars a lot. The porsche EV VGT should be a lot of fun too
I'm looking forward to tons of cars in VR, but you reminded me that along with the ones you mention, I can't wait to see what the Lambo VGT cockpit is like with the info projected onto the canopy.
One bad thing about this whole VR deal for me is, if it's what I hope, I'm probably going to become a sucker and have to cave to some microstransactions. I don't have a life that allows me to grind away on this freaking game for hours on end just to earn loads of credits, and there are too many cars I want that I don't have enough credits for. I'll probably just have to tell myself, hey man, you don't actually buy that many video games at $69 a pop, so eff it, it's worth it LOL

I'm looking forward to tons of cars in VR, but you reminded me that along with the ones you mention, I can't wait to see what the Lambo VGT cockpit is like with the info projected onto the canopy.
One bad thing about this whole VR deal for me is, if it's what I hope, I'm probably going to become a sucker and have to cave to some microstransactions. I don't have a life that allows me to grind away on this freaking game for hours on end just to earn loads of credits, and there are too many cars I want that I don't have enough credits for. I'll probably just have to tell myself, hey man, you don't actually buy that many video games at $69 a pop, so eff it, it's worth it LOL
I've been guilty of a couple microtransactions in this game, hate that I did it but for 2 cars in the LCD before they rotated out for who knows how long. I didn't have the time to keep grinding the last hour and a half of credits before I got swamped with work and other life things so yeah, same justification for me. It's the only game I've played pretty much in half a year so, it is what it is.

Cheaper than iRacing at least.

I was thinking of getting the '29 Benz in the LCD because I bet it would be a really cool experience in VR, but went with the McLaren F1 GTR instead.

Last edited:
I've been guilty of a couple microtransactions in this game, hate that I did it but for 2 cars in the LCD before they rotated out for who knows how long. I didn't have the time to keep grinding the last hour and a half of credits before I got swamped with work and other life things so yeah, same justification for me. It's the only game I've played pretty much in half a year so, it is what it is.

Cheaper than iRacing at least.

I was thinking of getting the '29 Benz in the LCD because I bet it would be a really cool experience in VR, but went with the McLaren F1 instead.
Exactly the same here. I see that F1 GTR sitting in the LCD right now for $11M. I have like $6M. SMH
Plus I'm gonna need the 962, the Sauber C9 ... whenever those show up again. I don't even have the Senna McLaren F1 car yet, either.

Last edited:
I barely played this game over the last year and I have already earned 46.87M credits and got the Three Legendary Cars trophy without grinding. The majority of my time is from the Menu Books, licenses, challenges and twelve GTWS races. Most of the credits, however, came from the Sport Mode time trials. Silver is pretty easy to get if you are an average or above player and pays 1M every ten days.

Screenshot_20230216-193334.png

Last edited:
I barely played this game over the last year and I have already earned 46.87M credits and got the Three Legendary Cars trophy without grinding. The majority of my time is from the Menu Books, licenses, challenges and twelve GTWS races. Most of the credits, however, came from the Sport Mode time trials. Silver is pretty easy to get if you are an average or above player and pays 1M every ten days.

View attachment 1231669
I've played less than half that amount of time. "Barely" is open to definition and is relative LOL
I've earned more than $20M credits but have also spent a lot. And with the prices of some of the cars, your $45M isn't really very much, I'm afraid. Buying the F1 GTR, 962, Sauber C9 and Senna F1 car would pretty much eat half of that $45. Maybe add one other top-tier car. That's a whole four or five cars. A dozen cars like that and you're out of money already. That's obviously one of the travesties of GT7.

You can easily earn 870,000 credits in a little over 30mins by doing the le mans race. Surely that’s got to be better than micro transactions?

Doing it once per day will net you over 6,000,000 per week.

You can easily earn 870,000 credits in a little over 30mins by doing the le mans race. Surely that’s got to be better than micro transactions?

Doing it once per day will net you over 6,000,000 per week.
I'm not trying to derail this thread into the microtransactions topic. My main point was, if VR is what I hope it is, it will for the first time seriously tempt me into it, despite how much I despise the whole thing on principle.
You're point about the Le Mans race is valid. In reality for me, it's mostly things like that to earn credits and maybe I'll eat it on a few cash transactions here and there. 30 min per day ... I've had time to play GT7 for MAYBE two hours total in the past 2.5 weeks. I know I'm not the only one with a career, a kid ... sometimes I can play an hour or more a day five times in a week. Sometimes I can't play at all. I understand and respect the strategy and the grind, but personally I'm not going to play 30 min a day doing the same race over and over again for two months straight so I can get to $48M. Especially when there are day's that 30 min is half or more of all the time I have to play the thing. I literally can't do it, even if I wanted to. But again, don't take any of my musings here to mean I don't think it's total BS how PD implemented all this in GT7.

Last edited:
I think the car collecting and game economy come down to two related things: how bad you want to collect, and how fast you want to do it. I am not in a hurry nor get bothered by it. With only 38 hours of driving over one year I have like 150 cars, some of them expensive legendary ones. But that's just me. Others may be more anxious to experience the pricier cars in VR (and there are lots of them).

At least whichever way we play the game is about to get 500% more fun.

Last edited:
I'm naive to the VR scene as I've never tried it before.

I just learned that there is a USB cable from the headset to the PS5. Does that NOT bother anyone else?

I only bought the unit for GT7 because I wanted a different driving experience. But, I can't imagine it would be comfortable to have a cord running from the headset to the PS5 itself.

The review I saw said the competing VR headset is wireless but that's mostly for PC games and I want to play on my PS5. I'm really conflicted. I don't know how I missed this when I first started watching videos highlighting the PS VR2

Have any of you dealt with this kind of thing before?

Last edited:
I just got my 'shipped' confirmation email from PS direct. I pre ordered the minute they were available. It's starting to feel very real...

All I'm hoping is that it comes on the 22nd. If it arrives before that? Icing on the cake
Did they provide you with a tracking number.. Where abouts are you located..

I just learned that there is a USB cable from the headset to the PS5. Does that NOT bother anyone else?

I only bought the unit for GT7 because I wanted a different driving experience. But, I can't imagine it would be comfortable to have a cord running from the headset to the PS5 itself.

The review I saw said the competing VR headset is wireless but that's mostly for PC games and I want to play on my PS5. I'm really conflicted. I don't know how I missed this when I first started watching videos highlighting the PS VR2

It's a total none issue for me. There was a lead from the first VR headset and it never bothered me at all.

One thing I'm still a bit unclear even after watching Jordan's review, is about the FOV in PSVR2, in normal gameplay on the TV screen PD uses a wide FOV maybe 70 degrees, which makes everything a bit smaller & appear to be a further distance, which makes it awkward in cockpit view, so I normally don't use it, I'm wandering when Jordon's played GT7 in VR was the FOV closer to how we see the world (FOV 54 degrees) or the same wide FOV that we see in normal gameplay.

From the reviews I've seen nobody has mentioned this being an issue. The cord is almost 15 ft long so it shouldn't be in the way. I play with wired headphones and I never notice them while playing.

One thing I'm still a bit unclear even after watching Jordan's review, is about the FOV in PSVR2, in normal gameplay on the TV screen PD uses a wide FOV maybe 70 degrees, which makes everything a bit smaller & appear to be a further distance, which makes it awkward in cockpit view, so I normally don't use it, I'm wandering when Jordon's played GT7 in VR was the FOV closer to how we see the world (FOV 54 degrees) or the same wide FOV that we see in normal gameplay.
I believe the PSVR2 has a FOV of 110 degrees. Whether or not this applies to GT7's cockpit view we will just have to wait to find out. However, all you have to do is glance left or right to increase you view and of course you also have your mirrors to help you out just like IRL. 👍

In the Digital Foundry review of PSVR2 he said the FOV is 110 degrees, and that the vertical view is basically equivalent to our natural vision, while the horizontal view you will notice the edge of the screen (like most VR headsets). But importantly he said that it crosses the line of feeling like you're looking through a porthole vs having a full view of the game.

Having a cable on a VR headset is not a disadvantage or hindrance for any game/activity you do whilst seated, in fact it's an advantage as you get a better experience due to better performance, less weight in headset, no worry about battery charge......
The only advantage a wireless headset has is the lack of cable when doing full body tracking for games like beat saber....... and that can still be played wired; just carefully if you get too active......

A wired VR headset is actually quite light for what is in there and after the first few minutes you wont notice the cable, but add a battery pack and more electronics for wireless and either you have a much heavier headset or much shorter playtime.

A cable is simple plug&play.

Back