GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
I'm naive to the VR scene as I've never tried it before.

I just learned that there is a USB cable from the headset to the PS5. Does that NOT bother anyone else?

I only bought the unit for GT7 because I wanted a different driving experience. But, I can't imagine it would be comfortable to have a cord running from the headset to the PS5 itself.

The review I saw said the competing VR headset is wireless but that's mostly for PC games and I want to play on my PS5. I'm really conflicted. I don't know how I missed this when I first started watching videos highlighting the PS VR2

Have any of you dealt with this kind of thing before?

This is on purpose to get better responsiveness.

I believe the PSVR2 has a FOV of 110 degrees. Whether or not this applies to GT7's cockpit view we will just have to wait to find out. However, all you have to do is glance left or right to increase you view and of course you also have your mirrors to help you out just like IRL. 👍
Apologies if I'm wrong here, but I'm assuming you haven't used VR before?

As others have said, it's impossible to really describe / get across to someone until they've experienced it, but honestly, the FOV of the headset is basically how wide your view of the world is. Imagine wearing a set of swimming goggles or a dive mask.

The 'cockpit view' in GT7 is irrelevant once you're in VR, you aren't looking at a view, you are just in the car. I can't articulate it any better than that, there aren't angles to worry about or things limiting what you can see, as far as your brain is concerned and your vision, you're sat in the car, you can see the same way you can see sat in a real car (with the exception as above that it might be a bit like you're wearing a mask that slightly limits your peripheral vision).

It really isn't like a cockpit view that you can move with your head, you genuinely are just in the car, it is the most natural feeling thing and if you haven't experienced VR before, it is going to blow your mind :D

This. I use some non pulse headphones and they work fine. IIRC you have to enable 3D audio in some system options somewhere but it works with any stereo headphones. It's a nice addition, I use it regularly in GT7, but it's kind of a pain because you have to wire it to a controller, sign in with that, then sign in with your wheel. When you're signed in with both controller and wheel it works well but incredibly clunky.

You could buy a bluetooth adapter and avoid the wire probably, but the VR2 has a physical connection too so using that would probably be less clunky than this controller solution
Not to be pedantic but doesn’t it only work with wired stereo headphones or wifi headphones.

Bluetooth doesn’t have the bandwidth (or I may just be getting confused with Dolby Atmos)

I just learned that there is a USB cable from the headset to the PS5. Does that NOT bother anyone else?

I only bought the unit for GT7 because I wanted a different driving experience. But, I can't imagine it would be comfortable to have a cord running from the headset to the PS5 itself.

The review I saw said the competing VR headset is wireless but that's mostly for PC games and I want to play on my PS5. I'm really conflicted. I don't know how I missed this when I first started watching videos highlighting the PS VR2

As far as the past experience of using PSVR1 is concerned, because the game types are all sitting on a chair,
No need to move around, at most turn your head or turn around and bend over, although the wires are a bit annoying,
But it will not affect the fluency of the game, which is acceptable to me.
Switching to wireless transmission, I think the battery life issue will be more annoying.

That's the trade-off we have to pay for the premium graphics. Wireless VR headsets either use onboard graphics (mobile phone level), or stream from a PC. The latter sounds like a good idea but it isn't great in my experience, the video drops quality and stutters every now and then, and I haven't even mentioned latency. I almost threw up once and never tried streaming again. If you don't have any neighbors and turn off all other wireless devices on the same channel, then maybe you'll get a near-perfect video stream. Wireless display tech has not become a common thing for a reason.

Specifically for GT7 (and all other VR-enabled sim titles), the cable is a nonissue, because you don't need to move a lot, and most of the cable weight lies on the ground.

Not to be pedantic but doesn’t it only work with wired stereo headphones or wifi headphones.

Bluetooth doesn’t have the bandwidth (or I may just be getting confused with Dolby Atmos)
Those adapters do similar things as wireless headphones, they just send audio via Bluetooth codecs instead of RF. The problem with Bluetooth audio is latency, it's not a big deal when watching videos, but it's very noticeable in gaming.

Specifically for GT7 (and all other VR-enabled sim titles), the cable is a nonissue, because you don't need to move a lot, and most of the cable weight lies on the ground.
I have seen the idea of having the cable hanging down from the ceiling, though the cable might be a bit short depending on the complete setup.

Has anyone from the UK had their payment taken yet?

Tried to take my payment last night but credit card had expired. I updated details this morning and transaction is now pending on NatWest app. Fingers crossed it’ll be delivered on time.

Why are people even worried about payments and shipping? I see this on every forum I frequent when product is dropping. You’d think it’s common that half the orders get canceled or something, which is never going to happen on something like this LOL

Why are people even worried about payments and shipping? I see this on every forum I frequent when product is dropping. You’d think it’s common that half the orders get canceled or something, which is never going to happen on something like this LOL
I expect they want the shipping info so they know what day/week to take off work.
It's basically the run up to Christmas for the enthusiasts - let them have their fun.

I am very curious to see how I deal with motion sickness on GT7 VR. I have been playing VR games for a year now and I can handle many games just fine, but racing games like AMS2 and Assetto Corsa are still tough.

I expect they want the shipping info so they know what day/week to take off work.
It's basically the run up to Christmas for the enthusiasts - let them have their fun.
That's the boat I'm in, just checked my bank and its now showing they've taken the funds, so, happy days, got 12 days off from Monday coming :D:cheers:

After preordering PSVR 2, you receive an e-mail from Sony, saying that your payment method will be billed only when shipping is imminent. Thus, seeing your account billed is a sign that things are getting a move on.

Imagine you're a dog, lying on the carpet, desperately waiting for your owner to come home. Then you hear keys jiggling in the doorlock. It means that great stuff is just about to happen to you. That's what this is like.

Last edited:
My bank shows payment taken, UK however I have not had an email to say so ?

My mate in UK text me 2 mins ago to say his bank app notified him of psvr2 payment. I just logged into my bank, and mine taken too now...

I have seen the idea of having the cable hanging down from the ceiling, though the cable might be a bit short depending on the complete setup.
That is not necessary for a racing game nor for most VR games. It should only be a consideration for games that use the full limits of your play area. If it's not a game that has you spinning your body 180° constantly it's a non-issue. You won't even know it's there with GT7. Some games might find you stepping on it / over it occasionally but you get used to it. My PSVR and Rift S never tripped anyone nor suffered damage despite the whole family playing, not to mention the vast number of friends who had the obligatory "you have to try this" sessions.

Last edited:
That is not necessary for a racing game nor for most VR games. It should only be a consideration for games that use the full limits of your play area. If it's not a game that has you spinning your body 180° constantly it's a non-issue. You won't even know it's there with GT7. Some games might find you stepping on it / over it occasionally but you get used to it. My PSVR and Rift S never tripped anyone nor suffered damage despite the whole family playing, not to mention the vast number of friends who had the obligatory "you have to try this" sessions.
I personally didnt have any problems with the cables also, it was just a response with an interesting way of getting it out of the way if necessary :)

Blood&Truth required lots of movement, Farpoint even more so, but even these games didnt cause any cablehazard at my place.

Imagine you're a dog, lying on the carpet, desperately waiting for your owner to come home. Then you hear keys jiggling in the doorlock. It means that great stuff is just about to happen to you. That's what this is like.
What a great analogy. I truly am the dog laying on a carpet. Unfortunately for me, no keys in earshot as yet 🤣🤣

Got a question that I'm hoping someone will be able to shed some light on.

Long story short, I put my preorder in about a month ago, but last week I had to get my bank to cancel my debit card after discovering an unauthorised transaction on my account. The email from Sony said the payment would be taken just after midnight on the 16th, but with my new card not having arrived in the mail on the 15th (and not having a credit card) I reached out to my family for help to avoid having my order cancelled. Ended up transferring the funds to my dad and putting it onto his credit card.

I therefore can't tell when Sony has attempted to take payment. My order currently says "Order Processing" so I'm guessing all is well, but without any emails I can't be sure. 😅

Anyone happen to know what comes next?

1676640377739.png

I am certian in GTSport everything was fine while driving in VR. But my memories could betray me.

Chiming in to say payment is now showing as 'pending' on my card. I checked it this morning and it wasn't, so definitely stuff in progress today UK wise. I pre-ordered the moment the "full support" news was dropped.

Ok, I think the question I'm trying to get at shouldn't be any harder than yes or no, in the real world when we look at objects around us they appear to be a certain size & distance away, when we play GT on a TV screen PD has decided to use a wide FOV, so in cockpit view those objects appear to be further away and smaller than they actually are, so simply if I sit in the cockpit (maybe Jordon can only answer this) will the objects around me appear the same distance away as my eyes would see them in the real world or will the appear as small as GT7 default FOV.

Back