GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
Im over here wondering .. if unit is attached to a spinning object, will other users see my head spinning in my jeep? 🤣🤣

I just tried the Lambo V12 VGT for the first time yesterday and I ONLY drive in cockpit view. Otherwise a cool VGT including the interior with the wrap-around mirrors and all, but pretty much unusable on any track with tight corners since the steering wheel blocks the whole screen when turning beyond 45 degrees. Still won the Tokyo Express 600pp race with CRB, but only because I know the track inside and out at this stage :D

Gonna be interesting to see if it's possible to peek around the steering wheel in VR. Seems like an obvious design error, but I suppose VGTs aren't really designed for ergonomics. How well (or badly) different cars react to VR is gonna be cool to see.

@opelman Good Q, with all the talk about all gt7 features available except 2 player split screen, I've wondered what replay will look like. In cockpit view is good, but all the other angles would be pretty cool. Has anyone seen replay mode in any of the recent reviews?

Last edited:
Has anyone from the UK had their payment taken yet?
I have a transaction pending with Barclays, so the money is kinda gone. My order is currently being processed according to Playstation Direct.

I've noticed on Reddit that some people have had issues with Halifax declining the payment due to fraud protection, just a heads up.

@opelman Good Q, with all the talk about all gt7 features available except 2 player split screen, I've wondered what replay will look like. In cockpit view is good, but all the other angles would be pretty cool. Has anyone seen replay mode in any of the recent reviews?
Replay was mentioned to be at static positions around the track, and you can look around at the cars coming by

Last edited:
Not really. Older cars are way smaller inside. How about the Toyota Sports 800, Toyota 2000GT. Tiny inside. An MX-5 is like a Rolls compared to those two.
Depending on the car, Classic race cars are pretty much their road car variants. The Ford GT Mk1 has less room than the modern Ford GT. Jordan mentioned the newer prototypes. I’d say those are equivalent in head space to a classic Prototype like the Group C cars rather than the 917K.
I’ve never sat in a Formula car. So, I can’t speak on that.
As for comparing old vs new, I’ve owned a 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass. They aren’t as big inside as one would think. A Golf has more head and legroom.
Size isn’t the issue, it’s the viewable area. Older cars (in general ) have a bigger greenhouse area, smaller pillars etc. In a modern race car you’re also sat lower & further back, with a wrap around seat and head protection.

I'm not sure about that. Older race (and road) cars tend to have larger greenhouses
Do they? Older cars are typically smaller, therefore more cramped and have less visibility. It's common sense that a car with a smaller windscreen area will have less visiblity than a wider, taller car with more visiblity. Compare the MK1 Golf with the latest one or any other model of car you can compare like for like and see which one has a larger windscreen.

Do they? Older cars are typically smaller, therefore more cramped and have less visibility. It's common sense that a car with a smaller windscreen area will have less visiblity than a wider, taller car with more visiblity. Compare the MK1 Golf with the latest one or any other model of car you can compare like for like and see which one has a larger windscreen.
And which of the 2 golfs has the higher window line and wider pillars? The physical size of the windscreen is not the issue.

Do you seriously think the Mk8 is easier to see out of than the Mk1?

dsc08878.jpgdsc08767.jpgdsc08768.jpg

Last edited:
There are recent cars with limited vision and old cars with very good vision too, and most cars are perfectly drivable in VR, like they would be in real life. But part of the fun is to drive all of those cars in the most realistic and accurate way possible.

Love to drive a F150 in VR and look down at the other cars by the window! 😝

(*it wasn't intentional and it's just an AI for those wondering! ^^')

Last edited by a moderator:
Size isn’t the issue, it’s the viewable area. Older cars (in general ) have a bigger greenhouse area, smaller pillars etc. In a modern race car you’re also sat lower & further back, with a wrap around seat and head protection.
Right. So a ‘71 CSL has thinner pillars with excellent visibility. How about that 917K?

It’s not a blanket statement older cars have better visibility than newer ones. Jordan mentioned “some cars will not be popular…”. That’s why I mentioned it’s true. How’s the visibility going to be in Plymouth Superbird with that massive C-pillar? The Countach with slits for windows?
1676725126382.jpeg

Right. So a ‘71 CSL has thinner pillars with excellent visibility. How about that 917K?

It’s not a blanket statement older cars have better visibility than newer ones. Jordan mentioned “some cars will not be popular…”. That’s why I mentioned it’s true. How’s the visibility going to be in Plymouth Superbird with that massive C-pillar? The Countach with slits for windows?
View attachment 1232060
Didn't drive the Superbrd since it wasn't in GT sport, but the Countach drives like heaven in VR and the visibility is great 👍

I can't believe they're shipping these next day air, seems like Sony is eating a lot of unnecessary shipping costs just to make sure noone gets it early.
You wouldn't be able too play any games anyway till Wednesday I believe going by a reviewer who has one but can't play anything :)

Last edited:

So as many imagined, the 1.29 won't be only about VR but will be a big update(s)!
I hope we get some championships or endurance races... 🙏

(don't know if it's a translation error or if there will be more than 1 update, since the Japanese sentence only says that next wek update will be quite big)

Last edited:
While a couple of outlets mentioned a bit of ghosting on the display in some games due to reprojection, Adam Savage's channel mentioned that he saw no "reprojection artifacts" while playing CotM. I wonder if they mean the same thing and also how GT7 will look.

While a couple of outlets mentioned a bit of ghosting on the display in some games due to reprojection, Adam Savage's channel mentioned that he saw no "reprojection artifacts" while playing CotM. I wonder if they mean the same thing and also how GT7 will look.
I was just wondering about this. On my PC if I run my flight sims at native 90hz on my headset, there's a little bit of a struggle to be totally smooth, not too bad though. If I put reprojection on, then everything is super smooth. However, fast moving objects, like other aircraft and missiles, appear with a ghost image and sort of stutter a bit. It is a bit of a trade off. I was hoping Jordan could let us know if there were any graphical issues at 120Hz or if he tried it at 90Hz for comparison.

Just got my final invoice and order has been shipped emails. Site reports expected delivery 22FEB and UPS hasn't picked it up yet.

Time just slowed to that utter crawl. 4 more sleeps. A medically induced coma sounds good about now.
I got my shipping confirmation as well. I told my boss that I can feel my rectal glaucoma starting to flare up and I may not be able to come to work on the 23rd.

I have a tech question, is the charging Cable for the vr controller the same as the one for the regular controller?

Last edited:
Back