GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
Some new GT7 VR footage

Thank you for the video. For my money, that's the best capture I've seen so far. I wish they had included other cars on the track, though.

Incredible when she looked backwards to look at the engine

For anybody who hasn't watched it, you may just want to mute it because, while she is adorable, she is very irritating.

Last edited:
I just got the email that my order has been shipped (Germany) - but it hasn't been picked up yet. I guess that will happen either late today or early tomorrow so it's here on Wednesday
I just read your post on the Play3 forum. :D You are everywhere :P

Some new GT7 VR footage

She says that the VR makes it feel real, that she really feels like driving a Roadster (japanese name of the MX-5 that she used to drive irl), she says that she used to have tires with very good grip on her Roadster and that the tire grip and steering feels really accurate, that you have a feel of presence, that the track (Deep Forest) feels like the road to hot springs (😁), that she drives at 180km/h and that she never drove that fast irl, that you can see clearly in the side and back mirrors and that it gives the impression of driving for real, that the sound is great too, as well as for the engine or the brakes, that the VR makes the lightings in the car feel incredibly realistic, that you can watch the scenery at 360° compared to when playing on a monitor, that when you play it in VR you think "I'm actually driving!", that you could almost feel the wind, that the sense of speed is real, and that it was a really fun experience :)

Last edited:
I just got the email that my order has been shipped (Germany) - but it hasn't been picked up yet. I guess that will happen either late today or early tomorrow so it's here on Wednesday
Mine too, also germany. The tracking says it should be there tomorrow, at the latest the day after tomorrow. So on time, man the hype is real!

She says that the VR makes it feel real, that she really feels like driving a Roadster (japanese name of the MX-5 that she used to drive irl), she says that she used to have tires with very good grip on her Roadster and that the tire grip and steering feels really accurate, that you have a feel of presence, that the track (Deep Forest) feels like the road to hot springs (😁), that she drives at 180km/h and that she never drove that fast irl, that you can see clearly in the side and back mirrors and that it gives the impression of driving for real, that the sound is great too, as well as for the engine or the brakes, that the VR makes the lightings in the car feel incredibly realistic, that you can watch the scenery at 360° compared to when playing on a monitor, that when you play it in VR you think "I'm actually driving!", that you could almost feel the wind, that the sense of speed is real, and that it was a really fun experience :)
That video was the last nail in the coffin, I'm getting one for sure :D

I first need to try one in a store just in case it doesnt cause me nausea or something else. I don't have any conditions but you never know before you try VR for the first time...

Le Mans for me, probably in an LMP1 of GTE car. It’s a race I’ve attended nearly 20 times. It’s in my blood and I can’t wait to see it in 1:1 scale in VR
If I could afford it this would be mine too in the R18.

I am however going to Le Mans this year though for the centenary

I first need to try one in a store just in case it doesnt cause me nausea or something else. I don't have any conditions but you never know before you try VR for the first time...
I would not make your decision in a store. For most ppl, they feel a bit odd after using VR for the 1st time. It take a bit to get used too.
Look at Playstation's returns policy. I'm sure they offer a 30day no quibble returns policy, so you could try at home with the comfort that you can return if not happy :)

Last edited:
As a long-term resident of Japan myself, the enthusiasm she carries unfortunately rubs me the wrong way, in the same manner all the “talents” seen on Japanese “variety TV” talk up anything and everything they’re paid to promote in terms of what they put in their mouths, all the way down to bare-bones fast-food chain restaurants. Having pre-ordered I’m overall looking forward to experiencing VR with all the positive news that has been floating around the internet, but I just can’t take her (or any Japanese “talents” that have a record of never criticizing anything they’re provided on-air) seriously.

Also BTW with the way she talks about the Roadster, it sounds like she is a current owner.

Last edited:
As a long-term resident of Japan myself, the enthusiasm she carries unfortunately rubs me the wrong way, in the same manner all the “talents” seen on Japanese “variety TV” talk up anything and everything they’re paid to promote in terms of what they put in their mouths, all the way down to bare-bones fast-food chain restaurants. Having pre-ordered I’m overall looking forward to experiencing VR with all the positive news that has been floating around the internet, but I just can’t take her (or any Japanese “talents” that have a record of never criticizing anything they’re provided on-air) seriously.

Also BTW with the way she talks about the Roadster, it sounds like she is a current owner.
Indeed, that's Japanese promotion standards, not really interesting compared to players or professionnals feedbacks, but yes, she is a current or former owner of a Roadster like I mentionned, and for once, you can see that she knows a minimum about cars and can actually drive decently, even if it's with motion controls. Most Japanese talents usually can't play at all and just bounce in the walls while screaming "kyaaaaaa!!!" 😂

We should be able to try it by ourselves in less than 2 days! (((o(゚▽゚)o)))

Almost everybody feels motion sickness if they play VR for a certain amount of time, which can vary depending on people and may appear only in some games, but you will most likely feel it at some point. Most people can overcome it, you just have to get used to it by playing short periods at first, and gradually increase play time. Stop playing whenever you begin to feel uncomfortable or it will just worsen it. And try again after a few hours or the next day. If you follow those rules you will mostvlikely get your VR legs and be able to play as much as you want within a month 👍 (there are extreme cases where it's way more difficult thought)

Last edited:
I tried Oculus 2 at my nephew's house for 15 mins as my very first and only VR experience in my life several months ago, and it it felt totally natural. Therefore I don't expect, for me, any bad experience or motion sickness at all...

(Edit: actually I did try the pC VR experience with Forza for a few minutes and other games at mall and Microsoft stores way back then, but it didn't throw me over the edge, or push me to go out and buy anything, I guess I am a Sony PS fanboi lol)

Motion sickness is usually for people who are not very active in their lifestyle... That would my guess...
Ok, I'm going to have to say goodbye to this thread. All the great footage and reactions will make me buy the damn thing now rather than waiting until Christmas. Enjoy your virtual rides people, I'll see you there in a few months.
Make sure to block this thread by Feb 22nd.... This thread is going to explode in a week's time ahaha 😂

Last edited:
A week? Check the calendar - it's out in 2 DAYS !!!!
wow that's fast !!!

I was in the same situation as you, planning to buy this for Christmas 2023

BUt long term exposure to this thread got me to sink $1200 last week, and threw the money at Sony for the combo.

so my problem is over... But you still have the issue, why are you still here???

better sign out of GTPlanet because it's gonna be everywhere and you won't be able to escape the temptations ahah

Good luck buddy,

@gtrotary
So ? What is your view point now as OP?

Edit:
I just thought of the first car I wil be driving:
C8 on Trial Mountain

This has been my grinding combo this past two months and so I know it driving on my rig and setup like the back of my hand....

I will be able to compare the experience to VR...
Getting ready for my mind and ears getting blown

I all also be driving the Colorado Dirt track for the jumps...

Will report back ;)

Here is my anticipated timeline:
Receive the pS5 (expedited delivery) no confirmation yet
Receive PSVR2 on Wednesday
Setup PS5 on Wednesday night after the whole family is sleeping
Transfer data from PS4 pro
Setup VR2

I am debating pulling an al nighter to enjoy the experience, unless I am Really dead tired from my work
Otherwise will have to
Enjoy on Thursday night....

My daughter's birthday is this weekend so I cannot enjoy the PSVR2 after Thursday until next week. I will be too busy setting up and preparing for the party 🎉🥳.
I decided to get this VR2 now mainly because of her bday big party and have the kids experience briefly the new system. Will see how the system can handle small kids tortures

Last edited:
Back