GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
You wouldn't be able too play any games anyway till Wednesday I believe going by a reviewer who has one but can't play anything :)
I currently have a PSVR2. This is accurate but you are able to play Horizon. I got stuck trying to assemble some tools and gave up on it.

At this point, waiting 3 weeks is peanut compared to how long we have been waiting for this experience for over 20 years since the inception of GT...

As for me, I have to be more patient and wait for Christmas 2023... 11 more months.. have to continue being a good boy for Santa Claus...
Ok I just jinxed myself...
No longer waiting until Christmas.

Ended up pulling the trigger on the PS5 + PSVR2 last Thursday, put down an order on Playstation Store

And today I got confirmation that my PSVR2 will be arriving on 2/22

GT7 VR here I come.... This will complete my 13 years old rig setup.
truly a dream come true

Damn it...

Last edited:
These next 3 days are gonna be brutal! I still have to figure out how I'm gonna pull off the signature required with UPS. Can't get off work, and it would be unethical to leave a teenager home from school to sign for it. I'm trying to convince myself that anyways 😂🤷
call them and ask if they can hold it and you can go pick it up after work. Also if your neighborhood is safe from packages vandals you can pre-sign online sometimes.

My shipping details indicate the packages are going out Next Day Air Saver from UPS. Wonder how many trucks will be arriving at the pickup point by Tuesday?

These next 3 days are gonna be brutal! I still have to figure out how I'm gonna pull off the signature required with UPS. Can't get off work, and it would be unethical to leave a teenager home from school to sign for it. I'm trying to convince myself that anyways 😂🤷
Create a UPS my choice account and you can reroute the package to a UPS store or customer center.

As a man with grown kids I can tell you life is very short and the kids grow up way too fast.

Not only should you let him stay home to sign for the unit you should let him race with that unit until you get home from work.

That is a memory he will never forget

What’s everyone’s first car/track combo going to be then?
I’m going with an open wheeler, namely the Honda Project 2&4. It’s low to the ground and awesome to see the ground rushing by and you can lean out of the car to see the wheels up close. Track will be either the new one (if we get one) or Tokyo to see the buildings true to scale.
After that it’s gotta be the Radical at the Nordschleife.

I’m going with an open wheeler, namely the Honda Project 2&4. It’s low to the ground and awesome to see the ground rushing by and you can lean out of the car to see the wheels up close. Track will be either the new one (if we get one) or Tokyo to see the buildings true to scale.
First one will be a 4 lap race that transitions from late afternoon into the night in my Toyota 86 gr 4 at Le Mans.

I cannot wait.

I'm not completely sure but either gonna take a Super Formula car out to Nurburgring 24hr layout, or the LC500 to Bathurst. Afterwards planning on taking the shifter kart to the Alsace test course. Really looking forward to seeing the elevation changes in VR it's gonna be sick.

Also gonna make myself sick with the engine swapped Delta Integrale I cannot control for the life of me lol

Last edited:
I'll drive the Honda RA that's due for release this week at the Nordschliefe, my headset still says order processing , ordered the charging station a day after and that says getting ready too ship :( have the charging station and no VR yet lol

Maybe I'll do the GT500 Supra at High Speed Ring.
If I want to really take it back 25years ago, I believe the NSX Type R or the Mitsubishi GTO, is the very first car we see accelerating, at Grand Valley or High Speed Ring, during the start of the Gran Turismo intro.

Last edited:
I'm only ordering PS VR2 tonight. My wheel and seat arrived, so I've been spending time getting that set-up.

I'm quite happy watching all the videos and reviews on launch day when I get in from work, gives me an idea of what else to pick up. Hopefully PS VR2 will arrive by next weekend and I'll be ready to go!
Skyline Super Silhouette at Tsukuba. Want to experience that cockpit in VR, see all the metal work, rivets and so on. I'm also very familiar with this track, and need to get my bearings in VR. Then the GR010 at Le Mans and something like the '73 911 RS at Nordschliefe. Oh, and the F40 will be cool.

Last edited:
Probably take one of the prototypes cars out, these cars have some of the most restricted cockpit views, but is exacerbated by GT7 wide FOV which makes the windscreen smaller and further away.
I've been running lately the BAC Mono which is a fun car, especially at Nordschleife could only imagine how fun it's going to be in VR.

It would be nice if they added a setup within GT7 to setup adjust seat height & position for VR.

Last edited:
I'm going straight to the Nordschleife with a Porsche 919 Hybrid for some fast laps, that should be a good test for any motion sickness! :crazy::lol:

I actually made a bunch of custom races especially for VR, so it will probably be one of those, but as for the world circuit events it will probably be the Euopean Clubman Cup 600 on Nordschleife with the F50, since I already had a blast doing it on flat screen (this car truly drives like heaven!), or the Spa 1 hour race with any of the old group C cars, solid background to get a treat in VR with the dynamic weather and day/night cycle! :)

Making a bunch of custom races for VR is a great idea actually. I've only dipped my toes in custom races, my favorite so far being a 30 minute race in a single-make superbird at Daytona tri-oval. Lot of fun dealing with traffic but probably need to tinker it a bit to make it not so easy once I inevitably get to the front of the pack. Maybe increase the length and tire degradation/fuel consumption

Think I'll make a few 2hr super formula races at suzuka, fuji, and autopolis

Yeah. I build 4 custom races for VR with dramatic weather and time of day switches. Le Mans, The Glen, Red Bull Ring and Daytona Road.

Ahah! :D Starting from scratches in VR will be a treat for you, especially with all the contents that's been added since release ^^
I know! I'm even interested in all the regular econo-cars. When they're done well in assetto corsa it's just so neat to look around at all the switches and dash. I think the interior textures and detail of GT7 will put almost all the PC sims to shame in terms of graphic fidelity. 😀

I'm gonna have to just go straight to the 'Ring, probably in either the RSR or my tuned GT3 RS. The first thing I want to finally see for myself is how VR renders elevation changes, and there's nowhere better than the Nordschleife to find out real damn quick. I've also driven it in real life so I have some concept of how it should actually be. Same goes for Spa, Road Atlanta, Laguna, Willow Springs--driven those places for real as well, but the 'Ring is the baseline test for me.

Last edited:
Back