GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
Slightly annoying that the camera doesn't "roll" with the car, but always keeps pointing up. I hope that can be configured, as I find it very immersion breaking (I'm aware that this can make people motion sick, so I understand if it defaults to this)
I'm not sure to understand what you're saying, but I assumed that it will be your first time playing VR racing?

There are no camera in VR, except for your head. The camera will face exactly where your head is facing. Look at the horizon and the "camera" will face the horizon, look at the apex and it will face the apex, look right in front of you and the camera will do the same.

If you keep your head fixed, then it will be the same as when you drive on flat screen and you'll always have the wheel right in front of you. But believe me, once in VR you'll move your head naturally to face the corners, exactly like you would do in real life, and it will be almost the same as in the video.

Also, note that the player who made the video plays on controller (you can see him flashing the high beams while pushing the stick too much, that's how you notice controller players online) which gives a slight unnatural feeling to the camera compared to a player being fully immersed and using a steering wheel.

I don't know if you'll get a PSVR2 tomorrow, but if it's the case, then be reassured, you'll understand what I'm saying in no time 😁

Whenever there's a major hardware or software launch I always spend so much time checking Twitter, forums, Youtube etc. to see what other people are saying. Hopefully picking up some tips and tricks along the way. So I don't mind not getting my PS VR2 on launch day, will get down to business at the weekend!
But look, we ONLY live once. People die all the time all around us….
Live your life guys and enjoy it!
Well, when you put it like that!

But yeah, I agree. It's an expensive bit of kit to get up and running. But I've decided to sell a lot of my memorabilia that's just sat around. These days I value experiences more. And it's not as if I'll be able to afford many of these cars in real life.

Last edited:
Anyone in the US showing that theirs was picked up from Sony? Still have the awaiting carrier pickup status from last week. Fingers crossed I get it tomorrow.
Mine still says waiting to be picked up by carrier. It looks to be down in Georgia. I'm here in VA so if they get it out later today and over-night it, it could definitely still arrive tomorrow.

Would absolutely love to see all the major YT streamers with VR Headsets do some actual races for like charity or something. Love seeing the reactions and initial thoughts but actually having good drivers going against each other will be insane.

Mine still says waiting to be picked up by carrier. It looks to be down in Georgia. I'm here in VA so if they get it out later today and over-night it, it could definitely still arrive tomorrow.
Nice. Wasn’t sure where they were but nice to see it’s on the east coast. I’m in VA as well.

Last edited:
Mines still showing "Awaiting Carrier Pickup, estimated delivery Wednesday Feb 22", guess it will ship out later today.

I'm not sure to understand what you're saying, but I assumed that it will be your first time playing VR racing?

There are no camera in VR, except for your head. The camera will face exactly where your head is facing. Look at the horizon and the "camera" will face the horizon, look at the apex and it will face the apex, look right in front of you and the camera will do the same.

If you keep your head fixed, then it will be the same as when you drive on flat screen and you'll always have the wheel right in front of you. But believe me, once in VR you'll move your head naturally to face the corners, exactly like you would do in real life, and it will be almost the same as in the video.

Also, note that the player who made the video plays on controller (you can see him flashing the high beams while pushing the stick too much, that's how you notice controller players online) which gives a slight unnatural feeling to the camera compared to a player being fully immersed and using a steering wheel.

I don't know if you'll get a PSVR2 tomorrow, but if it's the case, then be reassured, you'll understand what I'm saying in no time 😁
You did not understand me correctly. It's not my first time in VR, far from it (PSVR2 will be my 4th VR headset).

My whole issue is the tilt of the ingame camera always being relative to the horizon, instead of being relative to the car. So if my car is driving on a 40 degrees banking to the left, and I tilt my head physically 20 degrees to the left, I would expect my head ingame to be tilted to 60 degrees relative to the horizon, but instead it completely ignores the cars banking and only tilts 20 degrees. This is very apparent in the first clip of the video on Northern Isle.

1676998813123.png

You did not understand me correctly. It's not my first time in VR, far from it (PSVR2 will be my 4th VR headset).

My whole issue is the tilt of the ingame camera always being relative to the horizon, instead of being relative to the car. So if my car is driving on a 40 degrees banking to the left, and I tilt my head physically 20 degrees to the left, I would expect my head ingame to be tilted to 60 degrees relative to the horizon, but instead it completely ignores the cars banking and only tilts 20 degrees. This is very apparent in the first clip of the video on Northern Isle.
Did you experience VR racing as well? Sorry to insist but I'm trying to understand. Once again, there are no notions like ingame camera. The camera is your head and your head only, or your eyes when it's eye tracked. When you play with controller you tend to have a weird position, totally different than when you play with a wheel, which might be the cause of this unnatural feeling you get from the video.

There won't be additional wobbles neither, so you won't have the wobble1/wobble2 option like on flat screen.

The fact that the player is not captured in the video makes it difficult to understand, but look at this capture I made. As you can see, the camera exactly follows my head movements, not more, not less.

Hope that it reassure you, but anyway, try it tomorrow and let us know your impressions 👍

Last edited:
Did you experience VR racing as well? Sorry to insist but I'm trying to understand. Once again, there are no notions like ingame camera. The camera is your head and your head only, or your eyes when it's eye tracked. When you play with controller you tend to have a weird position, totally different than when you play with a wheel, which might be the cause of this unnatural feeling you get from the video.

There won't be additional wobbles neither, so you won't have the wobble1/wobble2 option like on flat screen.

The fact that the player is not captured in the video makes it difficult to understand, but look at this capture I made. As you can see, the camera exactly follows my head movements, not more, not less.

Hope that it reassure you, but anyway, try it tomorrow and let us know your impressions 👍

Yes I've played a ton of racing in VR. I know the camera tracks your head. Except in GT7, it doesn't do that tracking relative to the banking of the car, but relative to the horizon. This can clearly be seen in the original clip when he's driving on Northern Isle. The issue is basically (pushed to the extreme) that if you flip the car on its roof, your head would still be the right way up. It should also be upside down then.

If I would not move my head, and my car makes a barrel roll, my head ingame does not make that barrel roll, but it should.

See the end of this video for what I mean (at 0:40)
GT7 works like the right side, but I prefer the left side, and would like to have an option for that

Last edited:
anyone in Canada hear anything? Still have not been charged (via amazon)

I paid with gift cards so I can’t say but it’s still scheduled for tomorrow. They often ship late at night in Montreal whether they’re using Prime or Intelcom. I’m still hoping they’ll ship it for tomorrow. I ordered in January.

Yes I've played a ton of racing in VR. I know the camera tracks your head. Except in GT7, it doesn't do that tracking relative to the banking of the car, but relative to the horizon. This can clearly be seen in the original clip when he's driving on Northern Isle. The issue is basically (pushed to the extreme) that if you flip the car on its roof, your head would still be the right way up. It should also be upside down then.

If I would not move my head, and my car makes a barrel roll, my head ingame does not make that barrel roll, but it should.

See the end of this video for what I mean (at 0:40)
GT7 works like the right side, but I prefer the left side, and would like to have an option for that

Oh ok, thanks! I understand now thanks to those explanations and video! Never noticed it in GT sport, but I'll pay attention tomorrow! Never was an issue for me even if it might be weird when you make a roll 😅 Sorry for your time loss!

I''ll be waiting for your reviews in here. I know papiculo got it covered on the detailed review front, but please everyone give your impressions when you receive the headset, if you have time :lol:

In Brazil it is a bit expensive yet, but soon I will join the lucky ones

He’s right. You are the camera. It will tilt as far as you tilt your head irl.

Which is 100% the right way to go.

Edit: saw the clip you posted.

I get it. Still think the way it is is the right way to go.

Last edited:
Delivery delayed, earliest on thursday to my dismay.
Damn. Mine just changed to "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible." from "Wednesday by the end of the day". Germany too.
Hope I wont be joining your fate soon.

Back