GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
Mine is working it's way up to the Seattle area from SoCal. Currently in Portland. I'm supposed to be in the office tomorrow and I tried to "Change My Delivery" on the UPS site to have it held for pick-up but apparently you can't change the delivery until they've already tried to deliver it. Then you have to enter some code from the attempted delivery slip under "Change My Delivery". Maybe I'll just shift my telework day and be home to receive it. Anyways...estimated delivery tomorrow before 7pm!

Hope you’re right about tomorrow, the anticipation is killing me. Like that old ketchup commercial.

Have a feeling it will be a late night of grinding, low on in game credits, hope to do some serious car shopping. Thursday is a snow day, it would be perfect timing.

good luck with your order.
Thanks for the well wishes because it worked. Just got the email from Wal-Mart that it's ready to ship and the estimated delivery date has changed from the 23rd to the 22nd. I fully expect it to arrive tomorrow. It's supposed to storm tonight and I hope the roads are good tomorrow.

Mine is working it's way up to the Seattle area from SoCal. Currently in Portland. I'm supposed to be in the office tomorrow and I tried to "Change My Delivery" on the UPS site to have it held for pick-up but apparently you can't change the delivery until they've already tried to deliver it. Then you have to enter some code from the attempted delivery slip under "Change My Delivery". Maybe I'll just shift my telework day and be home to receive it. Anyways...estimated delivery tomorrow before 7pm!
Hey Captmorg,
I’m in the same exact boat! I’m in Renton and have a feeling I’m going to come down with something overnight and might not make it in to work.

Italy here. SHOULD arrive tomorrow. I have seen some youtube live. They are all saying "ooh" and "wow" and pretending their races are cool, especially a french guy, but NOONE really is reviewing, no one is providing informations about pros, cons, motion sickness, etc. This french guy as example is really upsetting:

I'm French and was acually really reassured by this video. It's not a review but a first impressions video, and believe me, as you can see in this capture this Youtuber, who was a video game journalist for over 25 years, literally can't drive (for real, he doesn't even have driving license), so it's a really good thing that he lets the reviews to experienced people. He admits many times in the video that he doesn't know anything about cars, but his impressions are really good and he's not faking it.

He loves Horizon series and was not that much impressed by Call of the Mountain except for the graphics, he didn't like the combat mechanics and motion controls. He got to try Horizon, Resident Evil Village, Saints & Sinner 2 and Star Wars TFTGE in world premiere a few months ago at Sony locals. And even if he was impressed by the hardware itself, he was not convinced by PSVR2 games catalog even after receiving the unit. The only other game where I've seen him that excited was with Resident Evil, but even then he seemed less impressed than with GT7, so it's fair to assume that GT7 is indeed really impressive, and that most reviews coming from GT7 youtubers this week will probably be positive, or at least more interesting than those first impressions videos.
I pray every night the Lord and Buddah and Maomet to not have motion sickness. With my first Ps VR i lasted two days. I spent two days more in bed like sick, then I sold everything ;(
Just take your time and go easy, it's the only way to get your VR legs! 👍
Hey Captmorg,
I’m in the same exact boat! I’m in Renton and have a feeling I’m going to come down with something overnight and might not make it in to work.
I have a feeling that there will be a lot of people calling in sick today... 🤣
I''ll be waiting for your reviews in here. I know papiculo got it covered on the detailed review front, but please everyone give your impressions when you receive the headset, if you have time :lol:
Ahah! XD By the time I will finish my review most of you will have it already and there will be a lot of reviews all over internet already for the others, so I wouldn't look forward to it if I was you...😅

I'll be damn busy playing it today, I have not only GT7 but something like 8 games I really want to try out! xD
But since I didn't play VR for a few weeks I expect to have some motion sickness on certain games, so I might make my way here to give you my first impressions if my headset arrives soon enough 😜

Last edited:
Let’s go!
2A7A1D15-9E10-4000-98E9-903F2C90EF2A.jpeg

Write your feelings! Be as descriptive as possible! At your earliest convenience, of course.
I’ll see what I can do. ;)
34E18FB4-DBF2-4679-9527-20AF42630392.jpeg

First, it’s crazy lightweight. Lighter than I’d thought it would be.

Edit: two second update for the PSVR2.
  • connect ear buds.
  • pair sense controllers one by one
- pair headset

I’ll be ba,k. This is WILD!!!!

Last edited:
lucky, mine is still has not shipped :( (Toronto)

You have Prime and selected Two Day Shipping or faster when they sent us the expected delivery date last week?

I still haven’t heard about the many concept cars without a fully modeled cockpit. I saw they were available in the garage while the VR is plugged in but no one has tried them as far as I know.

Thanks for the well wishes because it worked. Just got the email from Wal-Mart that it's ready to ship and the estimated delivery date has changed from the 23rd to the 22nd. I fully expect it to arrive tomorrow. It's supposed to storm tonight and I hope the roads are good tomorrow.
That’s great news!

UPS update says I should have it tomorrow by end of day. Hope there is no traffic on the 401.

First off. UN-BE-LIEVABLE! Incredible!
Took the headset off to give my wife a try. She only got past the start line of Tsukuba and her vertigo got her. Done.

Alright, before that trial, I selected The Honda F1. Garage showroom. Immediately. No words. Well, I said all the R-rated words while my wife was filming my reactions. Sorry, folks, but you really need the vR headset. I just can’t express how real it is.
The attention to detail PD do, it’s clearly seen. The yellow distributor wires. The tubing in the cockpit. The links of the suspension. The bolts, nuts and screws. The pitting on the outer shell of the car itself. Amaze balls.

I hit a button and it changed the time of day as I sat in the car.

Then, one lap of Grand Valley Hwy1. Ridiculous.
Again, no words. My kind made me believe the undulations were real. I actually leaned into the first couple corners. Looked around me. I was stopping mid-sentence due to the sheer amazingness. These are my feelings. I don’t know what anyone else will experience, but I did feel the sense of movement. I can see how some might feel uneasy. I just think that’s part of the experience. A crazy new experience.

Again, the effort by PD… Yes, it’s a game changer for the franchise. Why would anyone play the game on a tv. I feel it’s not niche. Not after trying this. It’s a straight up money well spent by me.
Yes, I’m hyped, excited, but having a personal home VR set and a great game to use it, was worth the wait, my money and the experience is something Iwill continue to be in awe of. There really can’t be another way to play this game short of jumping in a real 1965 Honda F1 racer.

One more thing, of many things, looking at the virtual body was crazy. It’s like the abay legs of Deadpool driving. The arms shifting hgears and I can see the chest of the avatar. It’s scary in a funny way. Again, I repeat, there’s just no words.

Maybe people with bad vertigo will ask for their money back or try a different game, but I can’t see, from my experience, whats the next move for VR? It’s crazy.

Edit: Forgot :lol: Just setting up the VR was worth the money. Thee eye-tracking, the headset calculating the room and setting up the play area(standing and sitting). It’s a crazy experience.

Last edited:
@05XR8
Did you kiss your wife ?
To thank her for getting it for you and
For good bye since you won't see her again for the next 7 days or so....lol

Edit: someone already posted this video several pages back:

Last edited:
Ha. It is supposed to snow tomorrow, too, right? I have no idea about the weather.
In Montreal the snow starts late Wednesday night, I imagine UPS is driving them to the destination city tonight so they can get on the trucks tomorrow. My shipment left from the Toronto area.

Just did 10 laps of GVH and 2 laps at Bathurst. Real talk, it’s draining. Draining in a “I got to get to grips with this, information overload” draining.
Ran an old school grid of 4 Camaros, 7 RSs, 3 Hakosukas, 4 N2 AE86s and 2 Mk1 GTIs. Started 12th and got swamped off the line. I was too busy having my eyes pop out of my head.

The graphics. I can see what people were talking about that VR is less clear than the tv screen. Definitely not immersion breaking, but we may be reading a few complaints about that. Another thing is when the screen goes black and I my head is not towards the tv, the virtual screen moves to a different spot when the game screen comes back on. I think I just moved my head back to position when the screen went black again to fix that.
There might be some other things I can not pick as I spend more time playing, but that’s about it.

The VR replay cameras. It places me actually on the track. I’d prefer to be standing behind the barriers, but I guess this is how it has to work. The cars pass by realistically. PD nails that track experience with the rubber meeting the road. It’s that hushed sound as the cars pass. Really cool.
I spun out and just sat looking around. A few cars passed and it was all too real.

My competitiveness was lacking. :lol: Took me a long five laps to pass two cars. I was in one of the 901s being beaten up by the N2 AE86s. Took me another two laps to then catch and pass one of the three Hakosukas in tandem. The Camaros and other 901s were gone. I mean 30 seconds ahead gone. I felt like I was at Cali. Good stuff.

This is what the next 72 hours look like in my area. Definitely does not look good. We had a similar storm two months ago and UPS suspended deliveries. The package we were waiting for at that time arrived three days late.

63f51f7e9d572.image.png

Last edited:

Oh boy, they did it again !!! The camera is locked to the horizon like GT Sport with PSVR1 ☹️

I wanted to order mine but this detail could ruin the experience for me because it is totally unnatural (we are not chicken PD) and it can bring a lot of motion sickness.

I have a (really) small hope they will add an option to lock the view to the car....

Last edited:
I'm French and was acually really reassured by this video. It's not a review but a first impressions video, and believe me, as you can see in this capture this Youtuber, who was a video game journalist for over 25 years, literally can't drive (for real, he doesn't even have driving license), so it's a really good thing that he lets the reviews to experienced people. He admits many times in the video that he doesn't know anything about cars, but his impressions are really good and he's not faking it.

He loves Horizon series and was not that much impressed by Call of the Mountain except for the graphics, he didn't like the combat mechanics and motion controls. He got to try Horizon, Resident Evil Village, Saints & Sinner 2 and Star Wars TFTGE in world premiere a few months ago at Sony locals. And even if he was impressed by the hardware itself, he was not convinced by PSVR2 games catalog even after receiving the unit. The only other game where I've seen him that excited was with Resident Evil, but even then he seemed less impressed than with GT7, so it's fair to assume that GT7 is indeed really impressive, and that most reviews coming from GT7 youtubers this week will probably be positive, or at least more interesting than those first impressions videos.

Just take your time and go easy, it's the only way to get your VR legs! 👍

I have a feeling that there will be a lot of people calling in sick today... 🤣

Ahah! XD By the time I will finish my review most of you will have it already and there will be a lot of reviews all over internet already for the others, so I wouldn't look forward to it if I was you...😅

I'll be damn busy playing it today, I have not only GT7 but something like 8 games I really want to try out! xD
But since I didn't play VR for a few weeks I expect to have some motion sickness on certain games, so I might make my way here to give you my first impressions if my headset arrives soon enough 😜
Thank you Papiculo!

Oh boy, they did it again !!! The camera is locked to the horizon like GT Sport with PSVR1 ☹️

I wanted to order mine but this detail could ruin the experience for me because it is totally unnatural (we are not chicken PD) and it can bring a lot of motion sickness.

I have a (really) small hope they will add an option to lock the view to the car....
Since this is my first PSVR headset experience, I did get a bit whoa with the car moving up and down.
I'm fine looking around and looking at cars side by side and while I'm passing them. Also, looking at and pas the apexes. I can see that up and down unsettling to sensitive players.

For new VR players and sensitive people, I would suggest putting them in the slowest car ever, and have do a time trial at their pace and leisure, so they can minimize the sensory overload, give them time to adjust...

You don't want to turn them off to this great VR experience

Does no one a good favor

First off. UN-BE-LIEVABLE! Incredible!
Took the headset off to give my wife a try. She only got past the start line of Tsukuba and her vertigo got her. Done.
So there is motion sickness :( I am pretty sure I will end up as your wife. I am desperate now.
:boggled:
:boggled::boggled:

Last edited:
I pray every night the Lord and Buddah and Maomet to not have motion sickness. With my first Ps VR i lasted two days. I spent two days more in bed like sick, then I sold everything ;(
You gotta acclimate to VR. Motion sickness comes from your eyes feeding you nfo to your brain that is inconsistent with input from all your other senses, esp sense of balance. Also from your eyes focusing on all objects as ~2 meters despite them being much closer or much farther. The trick is to play in VR, and if you feel even the slightest feeling of motion sickness, you must stop and come back only once you are fully recovered ( go do something else). You absolutely cannot power through it. You should find that over the course of some 5-10 sessions, the length of VR time should increase, until you no longer feel sick. 🤞 Good luck, and godspeed 🤞

Now myself in Argentina reading all comments about how good deliveries are over there and in all honesty wishing all of you the best and hoping to read positive things about the experience.

Here we'll be lucky If some scalper even cares to bring some units over here at maybe 1k at the very least. Same with ps5 price.

Damn... :(

You gotta acclimate to VR. Motion sickness comes from your eyes feeding you nfo to your brain that is inconsistent with input from all your other senses, esp sense of balance. Also from your eyes focusing on all objects as ~2 meters despite them being much closer or much farther. The trick is to play in VR, and if you feel even the slightest feeling of motion sickness, you must stop and come back only once you are fully recovered ( go do something else). You absolutely cannot power through it. You should find that over the course of some 5-10 sessions, the length of VR time should increase, until you no longer feel sick. 🤞 Good luck, and godspeed 🤞
Thank you so much ! I think it's really something you have inside yourself. I will try to stay optimistic. My Vr2 will arrive today, but I am in Romagna region to shoot a commercial for Valentino Rossi (someone who surely DOES NOT have any motion sickness ;))) ). On saturday I will try it. Maybe I will not do any race, maybe I will just try the showroom and some not invasive games. :boggled:.

The big point here is: GT7 with VR is a gamechanger also in competition, or just a great gadget?

Back