GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
Got mine first thing today! GT7 how it was always meant to be played :-D Still getting my VR legs, so most time spent in VR showroom and VR replay. I’ve done a few races, but well off my TV speed, and did need some recovery afterwards. Can’t imagine doing an endurance race in VR, but hopeful I can get up to about 20 mins (max I’ve done is 8).

Oh, but I will be taking my headset back to be replaced tomorrow. Some dust (or maybe a hair) on the right display. Can’t seem to blow it out, and JB hifi are happy to just swap it out. Worth checking your headset on a bright background (I noticed in the car park VR showroom since it is very bright everywhere).

Last edited by a moderator:
[...]
Those who come from PSVR1 will have a real next gen leap, and newbies will probably have a once in a lifetime blast, but one thing is sure, unless you have a really weak inner ear, most of you here won't be able to play the flat version no more in a few days! 😁
Thank you so much for all these details, especially for PSVR "1" users that would hesitate to buy the new system

DPD - we have received your package information but not the parcel yet…..

come on DPD get a grip, almost half the day gone already……

DPD - we have received your package information but not the parcel yet…..

come on DPD get a grip, almost half the day gone already……
You're not alone there. After seeing updates around 3pm and 4pm yesterday, I was fully expecting it to have updated overnight. Now I'm starting to worry and wonder what's going on. :confused:

Mine arrived unexpectedly about an hour or so ago despite no despatch email, no money clearing out my account fully and the status still saying preparing to ship.

I've had a couple of races so far. No motion sickness, but was using road cars and I do have PSVR1 also, so I am used to VR.

Just to manage expectations, graphically, it is not close to GT7 flat in truth, BUT, it's a massive leap from PSVR1! the detail is better when you're closer to opposition cars and bright tracks with mountains look very picturesque. Actually being able to race more than one car (I raced 19 others at Maggiore in one race) and everything is super smooth.

There is definitely a sweet spot with the headset to get optimal vision. It is a rather small window, but once you get the lens' and headset in just the right place, it does make a huge difference. One thing to note though is that when looking at the dashboard dials, they do look a bit blurry when just looking down with your eyes only and not moving your head. When you move your head down so the dials are closer to the centre of your head, they become perfectly clear. You can still read them when just moving your eyes, but there is definitely a sweet spot in the centre of the headset for clarity.

Despite these little negatives, my experience so far has been excellent. I'd much rather the immersion than the stunning graphics if flat if I had to choose between the two. Think we'll be waiting for 8k headsets before we can get close to GT7 flat graphics though.

For anyone in UK who has order status 'preparing to ship' and feeling sad, then try the below Reddit link:

Edit - Not sure how to get the link to display on here -

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/

Then look for the title: "PSA: Find your tracking number without an email from Sony" and follow the instructions.

It's a bit fiddly, but I ended up finding my tracking number and despite my status being 'preparing to ship', it's actually with the courier and out for delivery between 1pm - 2pm this afternoon.

Further edit - These are the instructions I followed.

To find tracking number:

1. go to the order details page for your headset (edit: the individual order page, not the page with the "last 6 months" dropdown)
  2. right click on the page + click "inspect element"
  3. go to the "Network" tab
  4. reload the page
  5. find and click on the row with a domain of "api.direct.playstation.com" (type will be "xhr")
  6. search (ctrl+f) for "trackingID"
You should see a line that looks like this:

"trackingID": "12345678901234",

Put the ID into a parcel tracker like https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking and something should come up
Just found mine that way so thank you. Be here in the next hour hopefully.

It's still really bad that according to sony it's preparing for shipment, no money taken, no e-mails, no tracking number. Even worse when courier says 'We can't leave in a safe place.' So what if I wasn't in? IF the courier is honest, he may put a card through the door. What if he isn't? I'm not impressed with PS Direct and lack of communication tbh.

EDIT: Literally just got an E-mail from Sony with a tracking number. 1 minute before the delivery time slot starts lol

Last edited:
Enjoying it but it’s blurrier than expected and I can see the pixels in the screen.

The most frustrating bit for me is that the speedometer in the car is in kmph and I only use mph. There’s no way to change it from what I can see. Kind of sucks

Enjoying it but it’s blurrier than expected and I can see the pixels in the screen.

The most frustrating bit for me is that the speedometer in the car is in kmph and I only use mph. There’s no way to change it from what I can see. Kind of sucks
Is the bluriness annoying?

I've just published a guide on avoiding motion sickness with VR.

Hopefully it won't be an issue, but I think everyone would be wise to take it easy just in case, and these tips can help you avoid having a bad first experience.

I created a separate thread for it here.

The most frustrating bit for me is that the speedometer in the car is in kmph and I only use mph. There’s no way to change it from what I can see.
Is the bluriness annoying?
it was quite disappointing when I first put it on. I was expecting 4k oled display like my tv (LG G1) but it’s not even close. It’s still a huuuuuge improvement on the PSVR 1 (which I have) but can’t help feeling a little disappointed

Mine still says this despite the package now being sat in my living room
That's reassuring as used the Reddit method above to find my actual DPD tracking number and it says the same, received details but not the parcel.

Hopefully it turns up some time today as there's no actual tracking information available.

EDIT:

In terms of blurriness, I'm expecting to have to do a lot of tweaking of the position of the headset, but overall to be fairly happy with the appearance as I'm coming from an Oculus Rift CV1!

With that I found even after a couple of weeks of using it, I suddenly found a position that made it all seem a little sharper, so will be happy to play around with the PSVR2 should DPD feel up to delivering it to me...

Last edited:
Mine still says this despite the package now being sat in my living room
Ahh, that explains why it’s not updating on the app etc, i wish they would give me an hour slot, gotta go out at 13:15, you watch the house is empty between 13:15 and 14:30 when my missus gets in, any money they deliver it in that hour and 15 mins slot grrrr

If you can see the pixels - surely the lenses are too close to your eyes so your eye is focusing on the lens and not the image?

Mine has just arrived, can confirm DPD website still says they haven't received the package and it just says Shipped on the Sony page.

Off to set it up now, only got an hour for lunch though so will have to sweat it out until later I suspect for any real impressions!

Mine has just arrived, can confirm DPD website still says they haven't received the package and it just says Shipped on the Sony page.

Off to set it up now, only got an hour for lunch though so will have to sweat it out until later I suspect for any real impressions!
Yeah same for me. Only got message from Sony saying dispatched, then it turned up 1 hour later! Must be some lag on their system!

Last edited:

The most frustrating bit for me is that the speedometer in the car is in kmph and I only use mph. There’s no way to change it from what I can see.

it was quite disappointing when I first put it on. I was expecting 4k oled display like my tv (LG G1) but it’s not even close. It’s still a huuuuuge improvement on the PSVR 1 (which I have) but can’t help feeling a little disappointed
I too was a little disappointed with picture quality. Everything else is incredible. Speed of VR movement and the 3D like effect of the cockpit.

Latest Posts

Back