GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
While no one will likely believe this, I had to leave work early and after taking care of the business I left work for, am waiting on my delivery. Shame we can't track the truck our delivery is on. I'll likely be the last drop of the day. :grumpy:

While no one will likely believe this, I had to leave work early and after taking care of the business I left work for, am waiting on my delivery. Shame we can't track the truck our delivery is on. I'll likely be the last drop of the day. :grumpy:
Can you call the delivery service and tell them you'd be happy to meet the truck if they could tell you where it is?

Can you call the delivery service and tell them you'd be happy to meet the truck if they could tell you where it is?
I suppose I could do that. All they'd tell me is yes or no. I'm certainly looking forward to fiddling with it but I'm not that anxious for it. If I had stayed at work until normal punch out time it probably still wouldn't have been delivered by the time I got home. UPS doesn't normally deliver to my town until late afternoon so I don't expect anything different now.

I got to say wow!!, almost set my controller down on the virtual passenger seat. One thing I'm not sure if the head set resolution is set as high a resolution as it can, getting that screen door effect, has anybody done a recommended PS5 visual setting for GT7?.

Last edited:
I bought PSVR2.

My first impressions are very positive ! But I have a problem.
I drove Swift Sport, a car I own in real life. Cockpit view seems small and the driver has small arms for me....

Where does this problem come from ?

Looks like mine is delayed till tomorrow due to weather unless ups does a second run today. 😭
If you're still looking for a reason to be optimistic, sometimes the package won't get scanned when it goes on the truck. Upon delivery, you may get the 'out for delivery' notification at the same time as the 'delivered' notification. I'm not going to torture myself any longer but it's a very real possibility.

Last edited:
So I just tried a 2nd time - went in a Mazda Mx5 around Tsukuba (time trial). When I started I set a 5 minute timer on my phone.
I went really slowly, but still every corner I could feel my stomach not liking it.
I stopped before the 5 minutes were over to protect myself from full motion sickness.

This will be a very very long way
I have the helmet home but stuck in a shooting far from Bologna. Unfortunately I think this will happen to me as well. Keep us posted if things improve!
Still need to understand why some people like us are affected and others totally aren’t

Anyone who has the prerequisites: go drive the Schwarzwald League event at Nordschleife with the Mercedes-Benz S Barker. You will be last, but will not care. If that experience doesn't move you, then I don't know what to say. I didn't do this as my first VR2 experience and totally regret it.
I knew I was going to drive the Nordschleife first. After watching some videos yesterday, I decided I wanted something slow with an open cockpit to enjoy the scenery. And lo and behold the Barker can to mind. Glad to hear it's an enjoyable ride. Now if the damn UPS truck could be a little bit faster than the Barker I might get to try it. :lol:

Ok got mine set up with playseat challenge and using simhub to enable 4 bass shakers on each corner. Was going to have a short session on GT7 then download the horizon call of the mountain game I got with the set. Well my wife said I've been on for about 3hrs and thats just GT7. Impressed but a couple of things I've noticed, the VR replays won't let me turn off background music and I hate any music in racing games. Sometimes the VR replays get stuck in one place on the track. Drivers heads pop in around 80ft from the camera in VR replays. Im sure these issues can be patched. Immersion is great but you sometimes need to adjust the view to get the resolution back to how you want it but that might be me not having headset tight enough. Having a break now while i eat and download the game and starwars demo.

I don't usually have time for VGT cars, the Ferrari one changed my mind months ago based on how it drives. I tried it in VR today and boy or boy everything makes sense with the "ridiculous" cockpits. So yeah do try the concept cars too with your VR...They might surprise you

Do you really think the phrase is "boy or boy" or was it an auto correct fail?

Ok got mine set up with playseat challenge and using simhub to enable 4 bass shakers on each corner. Was going to have a short session on GT7 then download the horizon call of the mountain game I got with the set. Well my wife said I've been on for about 3hrs and thats just GT7. Impressed but a couple of things I've noticed, the VR replays won't let me turn off background music and I hate any music in racing games. Sometimes the VR replays get stuck in one place on the track. Drivers heads pop in around 80ft from the camera in VR replays. Im sure these issues can be patched. Immersion is great but you sometimes need to adjust the view to get the resolution back to how you want it but that might be me not having headset tight enough. Having a break now while i eat and download the game and starwars demo.
Don't forget to update your signature ;)

Last edited:
I have the helmet home but stuck in a shooting far from Bologna. Unfortunately I think this will happen to me as well. Keep us posted if things improve!
Still need to understand why some people like us are affected and others totally aren’t
Yeah, I'll see. I still feel a bit unwell so I definitely won't race again today, tomorrow I'm busy and won't be able to race. I'll see again on Friday.

To be honest I fully expected it. I have never used VR before, but - especially back as a child - I had loads of issues like that, e.g. reading while driving. Up until this day I can't even to a simple forward roll without feeling dizzy immediately.
I have some time, if it won't improve I'll return it while I'm still able to.

In sport races its way more difficult wearing PSVR2, I’m 2 seconds off my lap time on race B when playing on the TV

The lack of a hud with player names, the position they are in, overall view of the circuit, the time to the person infront and behind, puts you at a massive disadvantage to those playing on TV.

It’s good, but i am underwhelmed with the graphics tbh, i wouldnt say it was anywhere near 4k quality, more like a poor 1080, don’t get me wrong things right in front of you are crystal clear but anything 10m in front of you isn’t as clear as things inside the car.

The videos from pre release have clearly been tweaked to make it look better.

With the above said, i know its day one and i will practice and practice to become as fast as i am on a TV if i can…….

I drove Swift Sport, a car I own in real life. Cockpit view seems small and the driver has small arms for me....
Fine tune IPD. Specifically try make the setting narrower, one tick at a time.

I suspect we can keep our head position fixed and compare pass-through image with real-life to help IPD adjusting, but I haven't received my PSVR2 yet ... will try this later.

Last edited:
Fine tune IPD. Specifically try make the setting narrower, one tick at a time.

I suspect we can keep our head position fixed and compare pass-through image with real-life to help IPD adjusting, but I haven't received my PSVR2 yet ... will try this later.
It does change anything.

It feels like the game is at like a 0.9:1 scale. Aside from my own car, everything outside is just ever so slightly off from expectation since this is realistic cars I know how big they're supposed to look when driving past them, seeing them smaller is somewhat breaking immersion. GT7 is an almost life size toy car game :P

I’ve had this in a few other VR games over the years, where sense of scale isn’t properly reflected.

Back