GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
So far as I've been able to tell the sound output from the Dual sense is only stereo. There may be some software emulating 3D/surround when a headset is plugged into it but I found my old Turtle Beach sounded horrible when plugged in so I bought a Stealth 600 headset with a Bluetooth dongle and use that when I'm not using my 5.1.1 surround system. Getting the surround system working with the VR2 has been a little wonky thus far and I've no reliable info and how to cure it when it does go wonky.

The PS5 does not support headset bluetooth headset connections. Only controllers can be connected to PS5 bluetooth.

Thx will try and go fiddle with it now I just wish sony didn't put microphones into everything i can surely do without the bugging of my home xD
If you carry a smartphone yer body be bugged anyway.

Last edited:
So far as I've been able to tell the sound output from the Dual sense is only stereo. There may be some software emulating 3D/surround when a headset is plugged into it but I found my old Turtle Beach sounded horrible when plugged in so I bought a Stealth 600 headset with a Bluetooth dongle and use that when I'm not using my 5.1.1 surround system. Getting the surround system working with the VR2 has been a little wonky thus far and I've no reliable info and how to cure it when it does go wonky.

The PS5 does not support headset bluetooth headset connections. Only controllers can be connected to PS5 bluetooth.

If you carry a smartphone yer body be bugged anyway.
So I just messed around with it and as you say it seems that 3D sound is turned of when using psvr2 and the ps5 says that also when going into 3d soundsettings so I guess the psvr2 requires soo much horsepower that they choose to sacrifice spatial sound.... no wonder it sounded so flat then also couldn't figure why my reciever also all of the sudden had a flat sound too it so yeah we will have to wait for a patch from sony before we can play psvr2 with 3d sound I guess.. :embarrassed: and that is why I always have stuck to brick phones and 0 social media ;)

I was asking if you have to use the USB dongle with the Pulse Headset.

If you do then that is coming off my wish list. I thought it just worked with the PS5 - I’m not giving up precious USB real estate for it

I was asking if you have to use the USB dongle with the Pulse Headset.

If you do then that is coming off my wish list. I thought it just worked with the PS5 - I’m not giving up precious USB real estate for it
Uhm no you can use jack stick to jack it into gamepad or psvr2 headset also so your precious USB real estate is safe but keep In mind I think the extra settings equalizer and such are off when you use the jack stick :)

Uhm no you can use jack stick to jack it into gamepad or psvr2 headset also so your precious USB real estate is safe but keep In mind I think the extra settings equalizer and such are off when you use the jack stick :)
Then it’s not wireless…

Then it’s not wireless…
less radiowaves floating in the air around your head will give you less cancer ;) but true then it is only semi wireless in case you use the gamepad jackstick options and not at all if you use the psvr2 option however Idk if its possible to connect to the ps5 via bluetooth or other and not use the dongle thats been provided I have not tried that option so it could be but idk I thought I had to use the dongle which was a bit of a dissapointment since I thought it just would connect with the ps5 via bluetooth

less radiowaves floating in the air around your head will give you less cancer ;) but true then it is only semi wireless in case you use the gamepad jackstick options and not at all if you use the psvr2 option however Idk if its possible to connect to the ps5 via bluetooth or other and not use the dongle thats been provided I have not tried that option so it could be but idk I thought I had to use the dongle which was a bit of a dissapointment since I thought it just would connect with the ps5 via bluetooth
I was already nauseous from the VR, and now I also have a headache from the lack of punctuation. ;)

Last edited:
My setup exactly!
And my setup is now complete! How about yours?

IMG_7175.jpeg

I am used to play with the quest 2, no issues when vr and Real life are in sync (eleven vr, walkabout mini Golf, or games like room vr or moss, also RE4 with teleport), i can do that for hours.

But driving in GT is different, didnt expect that. After one lap in a Mini in second gear around Grand Valley i feel as if i crossed the ocean in a Storm on a tiny boat, very dizzy. Even breaking from 3km/h to Zero makes me feel weird.

Will be a long way to get rid of that feeling i am afraid, as its really strong for me... Really a bit jealous of those who don't get dizzy at all

piranha-modrc-racing-cockpit--pdp_zoom-3000.jpg

I use this sorry for the stock photo but my phone can't take pics :D but this and the g923 as showed and psvr2 :D

I am used to play with the quest 2, no issues when vr and Real life are in sync (eleven vr, walkabout mini Golf, or games like room vr or moss, also RE4 with teleport), i can do that for hours.

But driving in GT is different, didnt expect that. After one lap in a Mini in second gear around Grand Valley i feel as if i crossed the ocean in a Storm on a tiny boat, very dizzy. Even breaking from 3km/h to Zero makes me feel weird.

Will be a long way to get rid of that feeling i am afraid, as its really strong for me... Really a bit jealous of those who don't get dizzy at all
I get dizzy but i think you will adjust too it quite quickly if you do short stints and then take a break and then go back in :)

It was my first time using VR and I'm having no issue with the graphics. They could look better but it's not blurry enough to complain about. And I thought ACC in 1080 was pretty much unplayable. I normally play on a 55" LG C9.

Wow. In my gaming life, there is a pantheon of moments that felt like a paradigm shift; Mario 64 for it's smooth 3D world, Metal Gear Solid for blurring the line between games and movies, and GTA III for its open world. Gran Turismo 7 in VR can be added to that list.

I haven't even done a race against people or AI yet but I'm having a great time. Zero motion sickness to speak of and I have had no issues with whatever 'ghosting' is.

It's annoying having to always recenter the screen. That and it takes a while to calibrate the display but it's all good.

It was my first time using VR and I'm having no issue with the graphics. They could look better but it's not blurry enough to complain about. And I thought ACC in 1080 was pretty much unplayable. I normally play on a 55" LG C9.

Wow. In my gaming life, there is a pantheon of moments that felt like a paradigm shift; Mario 64 for it's smooth 3D world, Metal Gear Solid for blurring the line between games and movies, and GTA III for its open world. Gran Turismo 7 in VR can be added to that list.

I haven't even done a race against people or AI yet but I'm having a great time. Zero motion sickness to speak of and I have had no issues with whatever 'ghosting' is.

It's annoying having to always recenter the screen. That and it takes a while to calibrate the display but it's all good.
aah glad your nap helped and you now have experienced true greatness :D regarding the constant recentering try unplugging your tv from your ps5 it worked wonders for me not having to recenter nearly as much :)

Last edited:
Hello again early adopters, I am still not convinced to get it, so please help out..

...regarding the lack of resolution, could someone emulate in a photo somehow, how it looks compared to a 4k image? I think I saw a photographer earlier in the thread, so, please help out if you see this! I am sure it will help others as well.

Another thing that worries me is the mention of dead pixels.. ouch, don't even want to think about that!

More or less, everyone said the same thing - they were underwhelmed by the visual quality but overall liked the experience. But, we don't really get PSVR2 just for GT7, but for other games as well... so probably, all the issues are in other games as well (120hz reprojected) eg like RE Village or Horizon. How does the visual quality hold up there?

Also, for me, I get nausea even when driving as a passenger, but willing to take that risk and 'get used to it'.

Now it comes down to this question... is it worth it getting the PSVR2 compared to a PCVR helmet? Money might be an issue, but would like to your opinion. TBH, I prefer Assetto Corsa Competizione and Dirt Rally 2.0 on the PC (12600k w/3080) compared to GT7 as a driving experience.

I was really looking forward to PSVR2 and held really expectations, and was just about to get it when I read the first reviews...

I also felt a bit "bleh" from playing yesterday. I think the setup process got me started off on the wrong foot and the brain was a little goofy since the start. I made the mistake of going in reverse pretty quick after a crash and hit the brakes to stop and start going forward. Oh boy...body didn't like that!

piranha-modrc-racing-cockpit--pdp_zoom-3000.jpg

I use this sorry for the stock photo but my phone can't take pics :D but this and the g923 as showed and psvr2 :D

I get dizzy but i think you will adjust too it quite quickly if you do short stints and then take a break and then go back in :)

I will try, there is no other way. Cant drive longer than 5 minutes, even slow... Would be interesting if someone else also started like this and completely got used to it without any issues after a while.... Give me some hope, please 😉

Is this where we leave reviews?

I haven't been this disappointed in a long time with a hardware purchase. PSVR1 on GT sport is superior in so many ways.
  1. I have to keep the lights on in the room for the tracking.
  2. You have to disable your monitor/TV when using PSVR2 or else you won't get 120hz. Unless of course you have HDMI 2.1 which my monitor does not.
  3. The tracking is inferior to PSVR1 with GT sport. I'm not sure if it's the FOVeated rendering, wide FOV or terrible tracking, but I never have to move my head to look at the apex when a corner comes. I just move my eyes a little towards it. It feels like Track IR instead of a VR headset.
  4. The proportions are a little off for both the car and my avatar. Avatar's thighs are pencil sized.
  5. Sense of speed just isn't there compared to the previous one. Again, this could be the wide FOV.
  6. The plastic, rubber and button qualities feel really cheap.
  7. I still get massive chromatic abbreviation no matter what IPD adjustment I do. Maybe it's just me or the fact that I wear glasses, but I'd hoped this would be fixed by now.

The only good couple of improvements are: gauges are a bit clearer and framerate is higher once you disable your TV/monitor in the settings.

With that said, it's still better than no VR. Don't buy this unless you have disposable cash and you're willing to throw it at sim racing.

edit

#2 is for the menu/cinematic mode not the game.

Last edited:
...regarding the lack of resolution, could someone emulate in a photo somehow, how it looks compared to a 4k image? I think I saw a photographer earlier in the thread, so, please help out if you see this! I am sure it will help others as well.
It's ... probably difficult. You can see the resolution from various screen captures and videos but it's not quite "precise" since the game actively concentrates its work on where you looking at (foveated rendering), and the blurriness comes from wearing position, adjusting, whether you wear glasses etc. I probably would describe it as "720p"-ish but this is just an analogy. The value of VR is not on the resolution but on stereo vision, the sense of distance and space, you can't get these from any video/screen capture, you have to experience yourself.

Now it comes down to this question... is it worth it getting the PSVR2 compared to a PCVR helmet? Money might be an issue, but would like to your opinion. TBH, I prefer Assetto Corsa Competizione and Dirt Rally 2.0 on the PC (12600k w/3080) compared to GT7 as a driving experience.

I was really looking forward to PSVR2 and held really expectations, and was just about to get it when I read the first reviews...
For me it's a solid YES. And my PS5+PSVR2 is currently a GT7-specific hardware.

Great news, with things like this I always think of the Spock quote, having is not so pleasing, after all as wanting.

Turned out I was pretty busy yesterday, mainly did viewing in the show room and some pretty slow time trials.

I tried that 120 htz thing and it looked sharper but there was double vision when I passed a slower moving object.

Also did a vr replay, it was cool but not sure the view from the road is such a good idea, it’s kinda odd when the car runs over, thru the viewer. VR Frogger gone bad.

Last edited:
Great news, with things like this I always think of the Spock quote, having is not so pleasing, after all as wanting.

Turned out I was pretty busy yesterday, mainly did viewing in the show room and some pretty slow time trials.

I tried that 120 htz thing and it looked sharper but there was double vision when I passed a slower moving object.

Also did a vr replay, it was cool but not sure the view from the road is such a good idea, it’s kinda odd when the car runs over, thru the viewer. VR Frogger gone bad.
The double vision would be ghosting, I believe.

I found the instrument panel easier to read if I centred the screen so that I have to tilt my head ever so slightly up to look at the screen.

R3V
  1. I have to keep the lights on in the room for the tracking.
  2. You have to disable your monitor/TV when using PSVR2 or else you won't get 120hz. Unless of course you have HDMI 2.1 which my monitor does not.
  3. The tracking is inferior to PSVR1 with GT sport. I'm not sure if it's the FOVeated rendering, wide FOV or terrible tracking, but I never have to move my head to look at the apex when a corner comes. I just move my eyes a little towards it. It feels like Track IR instead of a VR headset.
If you are playing in front of your screen/TV, you can dim lighting and enable "Tracking Support" option to let PSVR2 lock to a border displayed on TV. My experience is that PSVR2 tracks vastly better than Oculus Rift S and PSVR1 where I used previously in the same room.

That 120hz option is for playing games not supporting PSVR2 on cinema mode, not related to PSVR2 native 3D content.

R3V
  1. The proportions are a little off for both the car and my avatar. Avatar's thighs are pencil sized.
  2. Sense of speed just isn't there compared to the previous one. Again, this could be the wide FOV.
I think this part is indeed a serious bug ...

R3V
  1. I still get massive chromatic abbreviation no matter what IPD adjustment I do. Maybe it's just me or the fact that I wear glasses, but I'd hoped this would be fixed by now.
Try to move up/down the visor, adjust headband accordingly. If I wear it too low I see chromatic abbreviation.

I will try, there is no other way. Cant drive longer than 5 minutes, even slow... Would be interesting if someone else also started like this and completely got used to it without any issues after a while.... Give me some hope, please 😉
best advice I can give beside the one I allready gave you is use your 1000yard stare and gaze into the horizon/apex don't fix your eyes on stationary objects if you can avoid it and do small stints stay away from nordschleife and other tracks with lots of elevations until your VR legs are ready personally i would recommend circuit de la sarthe or le mans track over and over again only the small hump near tertre rouge corner will give off a little turn in your stomach the rest of the track is smooth with good view of the horizon :)

If you are playing in front of your screen/TV, you can dim lighting and enable "Tracking Support" option to let PSVR2 lock to a border displayed on TV. My experience is that PSVR2 tracks vastly better than Oculus Rift S and PSVR1 where I used previously in the same room.
I'll try with tracking support.

That 120hz option is for playing games not supporting PSVR2 on cinema mode, not related to PSVR2 native 3D content.
Yeah I meant at the menu. I'll edit my post to clear that up. Thanks.

Try to move up/down the visor, adjust headband accordingly. If I wear it too low I see chromatic abbreviation.
I've tried :boggled:

More or less, everyone said the same thing - they were underwhelmed by the visual quality but overall liked the experience. But, we don't really get PSVR2 just for GT7, but for other games as well... so probably, all the issues are in other games as well (120hz reprojected) eg like RE Village or Horizon. How does the visual quality hold up there?
Kayak VR and Horizon (the only games I tried besides GT7) are gorgeous on PS VR2. You would need a lot more than a 3080 to get that kind of fidelity on PC, not to mention a very expensive HMD.
is it worth it getting the PSVR2 compared to a PCVR helmet? Money might be an issue, but would like to your opinion. TBH, I prefer Assetto Corsa Competizione and Dirt Rally 2.0 on the PC (12600k w/3080) compared to GT7 as a driving experience.
If you prefer ACC you might want to stick with PC. PCVR is still king for sim racing. Just be forewarned that with ACC you will have your work cut out for you. It has terrible optimization in VR. You will have to lower the graphics to PSVR1 levels to get it running smooth, even with your 3080. Or keep the graphics nicer and practically eliminate shadows and vastly reduce the number of cars visible at one time. Another thing, VR sim racing is very memory-intensive so you should also have 32GB of RAM. I played ACC on a Rift S with a 2060 and I had to turn almost everything down to nearly base levels, 6 cars visible at once, 40fps reprojected to 80, and it still looked like ass. It's a great sim, though. AMS2 and DR2.0 however looked pretty good with my setup (but not nearly as good as PS VR2).

That said, GT7 is "simmy" enough for me, and knowing that I will never have to fiddle for hours with settings, deal with Windoze, crashes, suffer through constant configuration problems, etc... means I am sticking with GT7 in VR. It's that good if you don't mind giving up a bit on the simulation side.

Plus PCVR is dead right now. PS VR2 already has some incredible games and they look even better than GT7 does.

Latest Posts

Back