GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,854 comments
snc
Adjusted sweetspot beter (have to put headset qute high on my head) and have a blast racing against sophie ai ;d Its so good. In future we probably will have like 8k oled hdr pancake lenses and nobody will remember about flat games.
Watch that show Peripheral on Prime. It's really good SciFi and they have some sweet VR headsets in it.

I wish PSVR2 had a volume dial.

R3V
  1. I still get massive chromatic abbreviation no matter what IPD adjustment I do. Maybe it's just me or the fact that I wear glasses, but I'd hoped this would be fixed by now.
Had the same problem until like an hour ago.
I was wearing the headset slightly wrong - maybe you are too?

The strap goes underneath the bump on the back of your head. Not on or even above it.

The difference in sharpness in game is night and day for me.

Last edited:
Since the PS5 has only one USB port I’m looking to see what you all are using to connect all these devices.
I have an old 4 port USB adapter that I used on the PS3. Will that Dinosaur work?

Very impressed with my brief time with psvr2 earlier before my body decided to give me another stroke induced hiatus! :lol:

First time I ever felt comfortable in cockpit view, I couldn't jive with it before now! Looking forward to try it some more once I recover!
I'm glad you mentioned this because I'm a person who uses the bumper cam in most of my racing games.

Very rarely do I use a cockpit cam (PC2 and ACC). My opinion is at the cockpit cam in GT7 is terrible.

If anyone doesn't like the cockpit cam and is nervous about being forced to use it with VR, you do not have to give it a second thought.

It's a completely different camera and you will never want to go back. The visibility is fantastic

Had the same problem until like an hour ago.
I was wearing the headset slightly wrong - maybe you are too?

The strap goes underneath the bump on the back of your head. Not on or even above it.

The difference in sharpness in game is night and day for me.
I adjusted the headset until my pupils were dead center in the calbiration screen. X and Y axis.

Since the PS5 has only one USB port I’m looking to see what you all are using to connect all these devices.
I have an old 4 port USB adapter that I used on the PS3. Will that Dinosaur work?
I would avoid using a hub with your PSVR2 and stick to just using usb a ports via a hub.

R3V
I adjusted the headset until my pupils were dead center in the calbiration screen. X and Y axis.
The thing that helped me too is making sure the headset is in the center of the dotted outline, might be worth checking that too. If it's off center might be blurry. I was confused why it was so blurry even tho my pupils were centered and the headset positioning was incorrect for me, be despite my eyes being set correctly.

Probably asked already but is there any way to turn on a virtual tach / speedometer in the floating UI? Cars with the hood view are pretty difficult to drive without that, and although less of a problem, the units conversation from kmh to mph is a bit confusing for me hitting my target deceleration speeds when entering fast turns. That one I can live with but having no information other than the gear you're currently in on the hood view makes it much more difficult to use those cars.

Last edited:
The Pagani Huayra's interior is incredible. Highly recommend experiencing that car. The lighting through the sunroof and then the detail of the leather dashboard. If only it was just a little clearer in the cockpit. Still amazing nonetheless.
It looks like the kid’s version but still very cool!!

I'm kinda sad. My PSVR2 shuts down one minute into setup. So I can't even try anything on PSVR2. I've been searching online a lot about how to fix it and so far, nothing is helping. Still waiting for a kind soul to find out how to fix it.

R3V
Did the same thing and still had a lot of chromatic aberration - lowering the strap on the back of my head and thereby completely changing the angle at which I look through the lenses is what did it for me.

Just finished up another session. Thanks to the poster who mentioned that they found the best success with putting the band under the curve at the back of their head. I was definitely wearing it wrong yesterday, and found the picture much more clear today. I also had to tilt the headset or offset it slightly on my face to get my eyes perfectly aligned in the test scenario.

As well, I swapped from the default earbud tips to the larger size, which also made a massive difference for me. If anyone hasn't tested out the other sizes you might want to do so!

Finally, a question for the people who have been talking about incorrect scale. I did some tests with this, but I'm not sure I'm encountering the same issue. To me the scale seems roughly correct. I tried it out by finding a car I was somewhat familiar with in real life, the Toyota Tundra. I set my player height in the VR showroom until it was at eye level with the top of the car (my height in real life). The proportions of what I looked at seemed to be correct, including the staff and props in GT Auto. When hopping into the cockpit, the wheel size also looked correct to me. To me, the main issue seems to stem from that fact that all of the cars in the game have the seat position all the way forward, making you feel like you are right on top of the wheel. But this can be fixed in a race by doing the recenter trick and pressing the option button.

I also tested out the complaints about the hands being small. I did this by getting in a car, doing the recenter trick until I felt like the position was similar to how I'd drive a real car, and then holding my hand out to match the position of the virtual drivers hand. I then turned on the PSVR infrared camera to see my hand and compare the size to the virtual one. In this comparison both the hand and arm were very similar in size, and I do not have small hands.

Is there a specific vehicle that this is happening with? Or all of them?

Last edited:
And also in ps5 end? Because i get ps logo and then nothing. The ps5 end was not correctly in all the way.
Thank you. I tried that already (pushed it in and unplugged then plugged in many times). Unfortunately it doesn't help.

I made a side-by-side comparison vid of PSVR2 vs regular cockpit view. This was first race with PSVR2 and my wheel. It's nutty! Check description for context.. Well i guess I could just post description here (below):

Context: Hard to compare while watching on a flat screen but you can see some differences in lighting/ sun glare on water (6:00 in vid- example look at sun glare on ocean) and shadows resolution. You can also see the more aggressive nature of wrestling a car around a track in VR compared to regular view. What you can't see is the depth of field, perspective, and situational awareness you see and feel in VR.

Don't pay too much attention to brightness and color for comparison, the video files that the PS5 outputs are different for VR and regular gameplay. Both are Webm files (both HDR AFAIK), the VR file is 1080p, regular view is 4k. Both had to be converted to non-HDR mp4 and I uses exact same levels and color profiles for each video. 1080p VR vid file is 1080p, regular is 4k vid file that I down-sampled to 1080p to fit in frame. In game they both have great HDR and vibrant colors with bright whites and deep blacks (depending on your TV/ Monitor). I have a TCL 55R635 QLED 4K HDR TV and the PSVR2 screens are just as good if not better when it comes to perceived black levels, brightness, and colors.

In GT7 with PSVR2, some of the most realistic scenes and most immersive things I've ever experience in any video game in my life look completely mundane when a recording is viewed on a flat screen, especially the close-up stuff like in GT7 VR Studio or just the interior of a car. In those instances I would say PSVR2 looks more like 8K and as crisp and clear and anything you've ever seen. But when you look at a car 300 yards in front of you down the road, it looks more clear on a flat 4k screen. Everyone will have a different experience though because our eyes, eye spacing, and the way we perceive things are different. I have some experience with Fat Shark RC FPV goggles so wearing goggles isn't new to me but 3D VR like this is.

- No driving aids, ABS, "Hard" ai. 720 degrees rotation on wheel.
Fanatec GT DD Pro 8nm / CSL Elite WRC Wheel / CSL Elite v2 Pedals /
"Sim-Seats" SR-X Racing Rig / PSVR2 /PS5

Last edited:
Hope this thread winy change info another confusing GT7 physics thread, but.. has anyone else tried gt7 with TV unplugged to see if there’s any difference?

It seems I'm not the only person having issues with strong chromatic aberration. Also in general, I cannot read the text on the Grand Valley sign on the straight until I'm half a second away from passing under it. It's just too blurry.

I've done all the calibration, put on the headset properly and adjusted all positioning and dials, but even at its best it still looks insanely blurry. The image quality seems akin to ~600p.

I believe I have achieved the 'sweet spot', but it still looks far from unnoticeable. I'd probably say it looks about 40% as good as on a flat screen.

The chromatic aberration is especially noticeable when moving my eyes to the corner of the screen. I assumed this was just something to do with faulty eye tracking, since it looks much better when I look at it straight on after moving my head. But the tracking seems mostly fine in the calibration screen.

The experience is phenomenal though, and looking at the detail in interiors is fun*. But since it's so blurry, it kind of feels disappointing.
*Not to mention the sense of scale and immersion in the old VR showroom building from GT5, and the Arts & Science place.

The experience and immersion is wonderful. However, the image quality and blurriness just spoils it. I want to love it, but nothing seems to work to fix the visuals.

Last edited:
This video shows how difficult it is to explain VR to someone who has never tried it. This is why many people think VR is just "cockpit view but you can move your head."

There really is no way to demonstrate VR without trying it. That's the hard, cold truth.
Yup! What totally blew my mind was the VR Studio! And some of the corners on Grand Valley that look totally normal and not special at all on a TV look so real it is spooky! You can really "look through the turns" like in a real car on a real road and you get so much more information from the depth perception. Chromatic aberrations, some blurriness at times, and relatively cumbersom head gear is all worth it to me. I knew about that stuff before though using FPV goggles. Even RC FPV doesn't compare because it's not in 3D (well I never set it up for 3D, even though it is possible).

Here's that PSVR2 vid full screen if anyone wants to check it out ✌

Picked up the PSVR2 tonight. A member of a Dutch forum sold it to me. Up until tonight I was a VR virgin so I was very excited to play.

But I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or that my expectations weren’t correct. But I have a big “binoculars view” feeling. I have a lot of black around my peripheral vision. Maybe that’s normal in VR. But I’m curious if other newcomers in VR world are noticing the same.

Picked up the PSVR2 tonight. A member of a Dutch forum sold it to me. Up until tonight I was a VR virgin so I was very excited to play.

But I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong or that my expectations weren’t correct. But I have a big “binoculars view” feeling. I have a lot of black around my peripheral vision. Maybe that’s normal in VR. But I’m curious if other newcomers in VR world are noticing the same.
Probably because the fov of the headset is 110 and the natural eye is higher. I do see what you do, but write it off being that.

R3V
Is this where we leave reviews?

I haven't been this disappointed in a long time with a hardware purchase. PSVR1 on GT sport is superior in so many ways.
  1. I have to keep the lights on in the room for the tracking.
  2. You have to disable your monitor/TV when using PSVR2 or else you won't get 120hz. Unless of course you have HDMI 2.1 which my monitor does not.
  3. The tracking is inferior to PSVR1 with GT sport. I'm not sure if it's the FOVeated rendering, wide FOV or terrible tracking, but I never have to move my head to look at the apex when a corner comes. I just move my eyes a little towards it. It feels like Track IR instead of a VR headset.
  4. The proportions are a little off for both the car and my avatar. Avatar's thighs are pencil sized.
  5. Sense of speed just isn't there compared to the previous one. Again, this could be the wide FOV.
  6. The plastic, rubber and button qualities feel really cheap.
  7. I still get massive chromatic abbreviation no matter what IPD adjustment I do. Maybe it's just me or the fact that I wear glasses, but I'd hoped this would be fixed by now.

The only good couple of improvements are: gauges are a bit clearer and framerate is higher once you disable your TV/monitor in the settings.

With that said, it's still better than no VR. Don't buy this unless you have disposable cash and you're willing to throw it at sim racing.

edit

#2 is for the menu/cinematic mode not the game.
I don't have those issues except for needing enough light for tracking. Re 120hz I have a 120hz TV and so haven't had to change anything to my knowledge

Back