GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download v3.3 all new cars added!!

Hi Heil,

I am sorry I tested this on Bathurst, not Kyoto. Not sure why I was mistaken.

Anyway it looks to be that the z4 just has bad tyre wear. I will have another go and see if there is anything else I can do to help.
Everything is OK, no apology necessary.
We found out together that the Z4 doesn't handle tires well. My original question about whether you can reduce tire wear by adjusting is answered. :cheers:

I’m uploading the sheet to a website which will require a payment of £10 to digitally download it. Hopefully this is not out of reach for the majority. I think it’s a snip for what this will do for you!!!

Any queries please let me know
Thx, sounds good. I was really good at setting the cars years ago ( gt 3, 4 ) then got into it again with sport but they kept changing things and now 7 is different as well. Kind of funny, I'm twice as old as when I started playing when my son was young
I still love it though. I do wish polyphony would incorporate some of the dynamics of Forza...Oh well 1 can wish...lol

Hi,

little background; started sim racing as a little boy late 80s early 90s with Indianapolis 500 etc. and somewhat ten years later raced Grand Prix Legends online for some time(we used famous tunes of Greger Huttu) but then life got a little bit in the way and returned to virtual tracks on GT Sport a couple of years ago and then of course bought GT7 on launch. I restarted with G29 and some wheelstand and moved quickly to actual sim racing rig and G Pro wheel and am also acquainted with PSVR2 a little bit.

I practice, tune and race quite a lot. From the GT7 launch date it's about 21½ months and I got 1500+ hours on it so I could say an average of two hours a day roughly.

Our series organizers in Finland moved from full BoP rules to BoP/tuning and full tuning serieses during this year so I had to find a way to be competitive but as a family man also a quick way to tune whatever car to my driving style without losing too much time from other activities.
I went through this forum, Youtube videos, some random web pages with very long explanations of how everything works in GT7, different tunes from different people suitable for their own driving style and just thought there has to be a better way than learning to drive differently with someone's tune every week or trying to memorize what every settings does and how does it work for different car groups.

Then, it almost felt like destiny, noticed that hookedonturbo had opened this thread for Tuning Calculator and after a month or so following it decided to buy one of the early versions of it and haven't looked elsewhere since. This is exactly what I needed to get whichever car/track combo they threw at me to tune it so that it ́s competitive but also solid or you could say easy to drive for some of these endurance races.
I have also talked with hookedonturbo since June in pm and he has helped me a lot especially with tuning those gear boxes. I can´t wait for this to go app and probably he will as well so he can have a day or two off sometimes without seeing that pm message blinking ;)
About the Tuning Calculator: it´s easy to use, just enter car information from game or limits required for your event, do a couple of laps to find correct ride height for the track, start with solid aero and then get the feel is it too soft/hard for that track or your liking. Find better feel and then tune corner entry/mid/exit oversteer/understeer and if everything feels fine start to take out aero to see if track can be run on different sectors with a little less for better lap time.
LSD is probably a bit difficult to calculate as drivers use pedals differently so that hasn´t been so straightforward for me but little tweaks to what it suggests here and there and works like a charm.

Huge thanks and hugs to hookedonturbo! You have done a amazing job gathering this information and creating formulas of it! <3

Some races below since last spring I started using the Tuning Calculator.

USGT (527bhp, 1200kg, April-May)

Ford GT Racecar ’18.
Big Willow
Laguna Seca
-Early days with Tuning Calculator. Can ́t remember accurately but compared to earlier races from this series not listed here car performance was much better especially for rear traction in these last two races.

Nightlies tour 2023 (January - November)
Atlanta (Tuning Calculator not yet in use)
Goodwood / Brands Hatch (Mini, Tuning Calculator not yet in use)
Tokyo (Red Bull X2014 Junior)
Sainte-Croix - B - Reverse (Lexus RC F GT500 '16)
Nordschleife (Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13)
Fuji (Lexus SC430 GT500 '08)
-This was a fun almost year long tour. Pace was good but there were a lot of mistakes in almost every race so top 5/6 at the end is a good result for me. I was able to tune these both Lexuses very fast compared to others with Tuning Calculator.

Summer endurance races (July-August)
Spa 24h (free choice gr.3, BoP on, height,diff, bb allowed, went with GT-R GT500 '99)
-Not much to say, some tuning allowed and rain worked in my favor this time. Not the fastest choice car but did the job!

King of the Ring (BoP on, tuning allowed, August)
Nurburgring 24H (two hour race)
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 ’18
-Again managed to tune a very fast car but some mistakes and maybe also tactics went a bit wrong.

Gran Turismo 7 Finnish Championship 2023 (September - December)
Jaguar F-type GR.4 (399bhp, 1350kg)
Brand Hatch
Lago Maggiore Full Course
24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit Full Course
Dragon Trail Gardens
Suzuka
-Main series of course for this year. It turned out to be a very difficult car as you basically can't drop the front height below 60 as the wheels won´t turn enough at slow speed and hit the fender or something. Someone should report it as a bug to Polyphone ;)
We tried different gear boxes with different low/high sc and hookedonturbo was very patient with this. Tire wear was a huge issue for everyone in this series being x6 and only softs or hard tyres were usable and unfortunately softs won still every time although you had to be very careful in every corner not to wear them down. At the moment I have a place in the Final live event early January but as the servers went down last Sunday the final race of the series is still to be run so fingers crossed it holds and Tuning Calculator can work it´s magic in Interlagos with DBR!

Porsche 75th Anniversary (BoP on, tuning allowed, September-December)
Tracks: Sainte-Croix B, Spa, Blue Moon Bay - Infield A, Sarthe, Trial Mountain reverse, Sardegna, Red Bull Ring
Porsche 919 Hybrid ’16
Porsche 911 RSR (991) ’17
-This was a team race with one driver racing with GR1 and the other with GR3. Final race was then multiclass for seven teams. This was my first time tuning GR1 and I have to say I never managed to find balance with it´s huge aero range and 4WD driving style. Every race turned out that there was too much aero or too low aero compared to others. You get greedy when it can go over 300kmh and suddenly start lose 5-10kmh on every corner so it is very time consuming finding that balance for each track.
Series was run at the same time as the Finnish Championship so finishing fourth with my teammate was a good result as there was not enough time to focus on those aeroes.

Bathurst 300km/48 laps (600bhp, 1430kg, December)
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Package ’18
-Coming up this weekend. Time is running out. Tuning Calcutor will surely help to get up that mountain smoothly and back down safely for sure! ;)

Live streams with finnish commentary for almost all of these races mentioned above can be found from below yt-channels.
Hit the likes if you like and follow up our races, thank you very much and see you on track!

F.A.S.T. https://www.youtube.com/@FinnishAutoSimracingTeam/streams
GTFR https://www.youtube.com/@GTFR-official/streams
GTFR https://www.youtube.com/@m.hayrinensteam-machine_6972/streams
F.A.S.T / GTFR https://www.youtube.com/@petrikuikka/streams

Having an issue with the v3.1 calculator where I just cannot get my car's 1st gear ratio to go that low? and when I select manual final drive calc there is no place in insert the value.

Having an issue with the v3.1 calculator where I just cannot get my car's 1st gear ratio to go that low? and when I select manual final drive calc there is no place in insert the value.

Hi buddy,

User input final drive is next to the other final drive from the calculator. Scroll down where the gear ratios are…

Do I insert the max drive of 5 like in your lite video? If not how do i calculate what to put in the user input? Noob here to tuning.
If you need the 1st heat to be higher number then lower the final drive number. Visa versa

If you need the 1st heat to be higher number then lower the final drive number. Visa versa

Thank You! I also just tested, and this could already be known, but I did exact original steps on my PC and it worked, however on my Mac it would not. Maybe the macros don't work correctly on Mac?

Thank You! I also just tested, and this could already be known, but I did exact original steps on my PC and it worked, however on my Mac it would not. Maybe the macros don't work correctly on Mac?
Should do it was created on a Mac

Apologies for all the questions as i work though this program. below is the example of my trying to tune the GT-R Nismo '13. FR style cars ive never seen the LSD be far off from a 10/10/25+. however no mater what settings i place in this it keeps the Inital Torque 49-60 which seem really high and consering for oversteer out of a corner. Am i doing somthing wrong?

1702774718908.png

1702774886506.png

Apologies for all the questions as i work though this program. below is the example of my trying to tune the GT-R Nismo '13. FR style cars ive never seen the LSD be far off from a 10/10/25+. however no mater what settings i place in this it keeps the Inital Torque 49-60 which seem really high and consering for oversteer out of a corner. Am i doing somthing wrong?

View attachment 1312400

View attachment 1312404
You can adjust the LSD setting looser or tighter, you have it on +2 which would be nearer lock, lower it to -3 or -4 then see what values you get.

You can adjust the LSD setting looser or tighter, you have it on +2 which would be nearer lock, lower it to -3 or -4 then see what values you get.
lowest setting gives me 18/21/14. which is lower but still seems a little high, unless im wrong which could be completely accurate. Most tunes i've looked up are much lower. Is there any other settings that affect this? I saw tire size does slightly.

lowest setting gives me 18/21/14. which is lower but still seems a little high, unless im wrong which could be completely accurate. Most tunes i've looked up are much lower. Is there any other settings that affect this? I saw tire size does slightly.
Have you input the correct tyre size from the tyre size calculator?

Also changing the minimum speed setting will affect the lsd settings. I would go with 45 - 50mph

Do I insert the max drive of 5 like in your lite video? If not how do i calculate what to put in the user input? Noob here to tuning.
I sometimes have the same problem.
And, ... the program crashes when I enter a value manually. So please save beforehand to save yourself some work ; )
Instructions with pictures would be really helpful.

Attachments

• Value Error.JPG
    Value Error.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 11
Have you input the correct tyre size from the tyre size calculator?

Also changing the minimum speed setting will affect the lsd settings. I would go with 45 - 50mph
Good morning my friend.

I have taken the trouble to create an "instruction manual".
I will send them to you by e-mail. I hope that we can clarify some things, because I have not yet understood all the settings either. And since several users don't seem to know exactly how to change the settings, I thought a good guide with pictures would be a good idea. I hope I have saved you a lot of work and look forward to your reaction.

Good morning my friend.

I have taken the trouble to create an "instruction manual".
I will send them to you by e-mail. I hope that we can clarify some things, because I have not yet understood all the settings either. And since several users don't seem to know exactly how to change the settings, I thought a good guide with pictures would be a good idea. I hope I have saved you a lot of work and look forward to your reaction.
This is great. I will tweak and send out asap

Lite version instructions uploaded ...

Big Thanks to @Heil for creating this, I have reviewed it and tweaked, this should really help everyone hopefully.

Thanks to @Heil for taking the time to do the instructions, very helpful. I haven't used the spreadsheet for a while as I've not had much time to play, can I ask why when working out Tyre size the instruction show using 5th gear for top speed and not 6th gear?

Thanks to @Heil for taking the time to do the instructions, very helpful. I haven't used the spreadsheet for a while as I've not had much time to play, can I ask why when working out Tyre size the instruction show using 5th gear for top speed and not 6th gear?
Basically because the 2nd to last gear has the rpm value on screen.

Hi,
If I buy the expert version, would I get a discount on the app when it is released or will that a separate purchase? Thanks.

Hi,
If I buy the expert version, would I get a discount on the app when it is released or will that a separate purchase? Thanks.

If anyone else would like some help with a particular setup feel free to post it on here, I really want you all to understand exactly how to setup cars using the calculator perfectly, so that when the app launches and we get a lot more people involved you can all be a bit of a knowledge base!

For everyone that had purchased the excel sheet you will get a discount off of the app which will be a similar cost as the excel sheet but for one year.

Hi again.
I have a little problem with the natural frequency in a Civic touring car. I think I've got everything correct. With the sports suspensión it is more pronounced
IMG_20231221_131253.jpg
IMG_20231221_131249.jpg
IMG_20231221_131316.jpg
IMG_20231221_131332.jpg
IMG_20231221_131339.jpg

Hi again.
I have a little problem with the natural frequency in a Civic touring car. I think I've got everything correct. With the sports suspensión it is more pronouncedView attachment 1313425View attachment 1313426View attachment 1313427View attachment 1313428View attachment 1313429
I literally tuned this car myself last night! Lol

I ended up adding some ballast 155kg to bring it up to 1000kg and moved it into the back. Giving it a 55:45 weight distribution. Much better weight transfer and rotation in the corners. Also found this worked better with the downforce setting. I ran 200 215 I think.

If you need or want stiffer springs use the Stiffness box, go with +1 or +2 to start.

Last edited:
Back