1676153666_b555448294_o.jpg

Stats

Production
1962-1967

Styles
2-door coupe
2-door convertible

Engines (Oh boy, here we go)
327 ci/5.4 L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 250 HP & ??? lb-ft)
L75 327 ci/5.4 L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 300 HP & ??? lb-ft)
327 ci/5.4 L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 340 HP & 344 lb-ft)
L79 327 ci/5.4 L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 350 HP & ??? lb-ft)
327 ci/5.4 L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 360 HP & 352 lb-ft)
L76 327 ci/5.4 L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 365 HP & ??? lb-ft)
L84 327 ci/5.4 L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 375 HP & ??? lb-ft)
L78 396 ci/6.5 L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 425 HP & 415 lb-ft)
L36 427 ci/7.0 L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 390 HP & ??? lb-ft)
L68 427 ci/7.0 L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 400 HP & ??? lb-ft)
L72 427 ci/7.0 L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 425 HP & 460? lb-ft)
L88 427 ci/7.0L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (almost certainly underrated at 430 HP & ??? lb-ft)
L71 427 ci/7.0 L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 435 HP & ??? lb-ft)
L89 427 ci/7.0L naturally aspirated OHV V8 (rated 435 HP & ??? lb-ft)

Transmissions
3-speed manual
4-speed manual
2-speed automatic

Layouts
Front-engine, Rear-drive

Related
Duntov LightWeight​

I'll tell you what's wrong with all the 60s and 70s muscle cars. They all look fundamentally the same.
Straight line for the bonnet. Then straight line A-pillar and roof. And then a slight curve for the C-pillar into a straight line for the boot.
You could almost draw them with a ruler. And as a result their looks completely fail to turn me on.
Sure there's a couple of different changes from time to time, like putting a skyscraper on the Superbird and making it into a truck like the El Camino (CGR ftw).
But they're still the same in truth.

The Corvette was not drawn with a ruler. Not in this beautifully quirky C2, and certainly not in the absolutely gorgeous C3 afterwards.
Of course this is just the C2, but the thing is I've always liked the look of every Corvette chiefly because it's differed from every muscle car like it.
Even now, when it's the last of the breed and the few of its type no longer necessarily have to be drawn with a ruler, the current C7 is a beautiful machine.

I think the C3 is the coolest of all but the C2 is certainly well, well into Sub-Zero.

It screams "MIDLIFE CRISIS, I'M HAVING A MIDLIFE CRISIS". I gave it an uncool, I cannot vote it seriously Uncool because I have to respect the classic status it's looks demand.

Cool. I like C2 'Vettes, but I hate the rest of 'em. I never found the C2 that good looking, though. I suppose there's something wrong with me.

'63 split window is fair and away the best looking Corvette in my opinion*. It's got to be a "Sub-Zero" from me.

*Though the C3 L88 Race cars are my favourite, if that makes sense. Because they just look pure mean, rather than being typically 'good looking'.

I'll tell you what's wrong with all the 60s and 70s muscle cars. They all look fundamentally the same.
Straight line for the bonnet. Then straight line A-pillar and roof. And then a slight curve for the C-pillar into a straight line for the boot.
You could almost draw them with a ruler. And as a result their looks completely fail to turn me on.
Sure there's a couple of different changes from time to time, like putting a skyscraper on the Superbird and making it into a truck like the El Camino (CGR ftw).
But they're still the same in truth.

The Corvette was not drawn with a ruler. Not in this beautifully quirky C2, and certainly not in the absolutely gorgeous C3 afterwards.
Of course this is just the C2, but the thing is I've always liked the look of every Corvette chiefly because it's differed from every muscle car like it.
Even now, when it's the last of the breed and the few of its type no longer necessarily have to be drawn with a ruler, the current C7 is a beautiful machine.

I think the C3 is the coolest of all but the C2 is certainly well, well into Sub-Zero.
I'd argue that it's not a muscle car, which other people probably will do anyway. With the options of big blocks later in the generation, it's hard to argue that it isn't a muscle car. It's a bit of a mash up of a muscle car and sports car.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best 1960s American design by far, considering it actually had curves to it. I'd vote Sub-Zero, but big blocks are uncool, so this one gets a cool vote from me.

For me the coolest Corvette ever. Not enough for Sub-Zero because all the reasons I mentioned on other America Muscle threads, but still a very high cool.

Meh.

I'd take any other Corvette over the C2, as well as a Mustang or pretty much any muscle car from the same era. It's a car that should be cool, but isn't because other cars are so much cooler.

And why does the split-window model get so much attention? It was a stupid idea to put a bar in the middle of the back window, it only limits visibility.

This is a no contest Sub Zero. killer styling, legendary performance. These things did well in most of the racing events that they were entered in- including the Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Absolute SZ in any form. Having driven a 427 Vert just like the opening picture I can attest to how awesome they are. Great looks, big power, drivers car. You really have to be paying attention to drive it. The one I drove had power steering and non-assisted brakes. Makes for a fun combo.

Dino is owned by the same guy.
40707_1555834224069_1527091_n.jpg

Absolute SZ in any form. Having driven a 427 Vert just like the opening picture I can attest to how awesome they are. Great looks, big power, drivers car. You really have to be paying attention to drive it. The one I drove had power steering and non-assisted brakes. Makes for a fun combo.
Dino is owned by the same guy.

That's awesome. I missed the chance of taking a ragtop 427/4 speed for a spin a few years ago when the fuel pump quit on the damned thing. Sad Cano was sad.

Back