• Poll closed .
United States
Wasilla, AK
1987-1994 Grumman Long Life Vehicle nominated by EvanJamesLee

Small_USPS_Truck.jpg

Stats:
Production: 1987-1993
Style: 3-door van
Engine: LS6 ("Iron Duke") 151 ci/2,471 cc naturally aspirated OHV inline 4 (probably rated 86 HP & 128 lb-ft), later in production was probably available with a 122 ci/1,991 cc naturally aspirated OHV inline 4 rated somewhere around 90-100 HP
Transmission: TH1803 3-speed automatic
Layout: Front-engine, Rear-drive
Related: Kurbwatt, Kubvan​

To anyone out there who wonders why the postal service is slow, here's your culprit right here :lol: Seriously though, it's almost cool in that strange "I bet I could shove a 350 in there" way, and if you can scrounge up the rare speed parts and a retired LLV, you can actually build up the Iron Duke engine for more power, or use a "Super Duty 4" racing engine displacing 2.7 or 3.2 liters and producing up to 330 HP (apparently NA), making what would have to be one of the most unique sleepers ever, though streetabilty, legality, and the ability of the TH180 automatic to take the extra power are all unknown.

Why are such ridiculous cars being requested?

The real Cool Wall on Top Gear never polled idiotic commercial vehicles and such. What happened to polling cars? Not rocket.. Things, not commercial vehicles, not ridiculous cars related to the Sunbird, but actual normal cars that others might be interested in knowing the coolness of?

If the nominations continue to be so ridiculous then I think I'm going to stop checking in on cool wall threads.

I may have, at times, dreamed of driving an RS-engined Ford Transit, or even possibly a non-modified-in-any-way big rig... but driving a postal van has not ever, not at all, entered into even the slightest corner of my consciousness as something I might want to do someday... not even after delivering newspapers on foot. Driving an ice cream truck or even a lawnmower would be infinitely much more interesting.

Meh.

First thoughts on seeing the thread title;
"Grumman made a vehicle that isn't a fighter jet?! Amazing... I wonder what it is..."

Upon entering thread;
"Oh. Those things."

No.

'Meh'. It's quite funny, but also a bit stupid.

And considering the name and manufacturer, I wasn't expecting a post-van. :lol:

The real Cool Wall on Top Gear never polled idiotic commercial vehicles and such. What happened to polling cars? Not rocket.. Things, not commercial vehicles, not ridiculous cars related to the Sunbird, but actual normal cars that others might be interested in knowing the coolness of?

If the nominations continue to be so ridiculous then I think I'm going to stop checking in on cool wall threads.

This. So much this.

Built by Grumman, and has ugly sleeper potential. So it's a sub-zero for me. But they way it is stock it would be an "uncool".

Also, this. It's a ridiculous nomination.

Delivering my mail for the past few years. subzero. plus my mailman gives out candy. i know... a little weird, but he has candy, and i want it. also, it looks like it could be a good "stealth camper."

If you ever wanted to know what an S-10 Blazer would look like if it was built in a shed, here you go.

Last edited:
Do I REALLY need a reason why this deserves a seriously uncool vote? It's a van. Not even a nice looking van or a van that carries rock gods to concerts or something like that. It was built entirely for commercial purpose with no thought put into form, and whilst it may be able to do that job well, I'm not going to give it anything above SU for the same reason that I wouldn't rate highly potent cobra venom very highly in the taste aspect.

I'm embarrassed to admit literally until a minute ago I thought Grumman only made aluminum canoes :dunce:

Something is making me vote cool on this thing, maybe I'm in an odd frame of mind at the moment.

*Looks at thread title*

"Since when does Grumman make cars?"

*Opens thread, nearly chokes on drink :lol:*

This maybe the funniest thing I've never known about. So uncool, though.

I voted seriously uncool, but... I love it, I don't know what the heck it is, but it looks like a joke vehicle, one of those silly vehicles that you use to be funny in GTA. It's funny, but only because it's awful.

Back