Supras - "sport exhaust"
R8 V10 - "sport exhaust"
Audi RS4 - "semirace exhaust"
Golf IV R32 - "semirace exhaust"
Gallardo - "stock"
BMW M5 - "stock"
BMW M3 CSL - "semirace exhaust"
BMW M3 (old 6 cylinder one) - "semirace exhaust"

Ginetta G4 with racing exhaust sounds brutal! But I haven't tested the other exhausts.

R8 4.2 and C63 with stock exhausts and the race cats are a couple of my favorites. Both are very different V8s, but are music to my ears. The stock tips also look the best imo.

I'm loving the input, But I'm more after, the best sound, which isn't necessarily the most realistic, For Example, The M5 with a Race Exhaust sounds like a NASCAR.. Sound good.. But why on earth would a 5 liter V10 ever sound that like.. I think all the other Exhausts for that car sound better then Racing Exhaust.

I'm loving the input, But I'm more after, the best sound, which isn't necessarily the most realistic, For Example, The M5 with a Race Exhaust sounds like a NASCAR.. Sound good.. But why on earth would a 5 liter V10 ever sound that like.. I think all the other Exhausts for that car sound better then Racing Exhaust.

Same with the Viper GTS, beautiful V10 bellow stock, but with a titanium exhaust turns into a stock car. Stupid.

I really like the JZA80 Supra (MKIV) with the racing exhaust. Really sounds like a powerful turbocharged inline 6... The Sports one on this car sounds more "street a like" tho.

The E46 CSL on the stock exhaust is incredibly accurate. A shame the regular E46 doesn't get this sound.

In my most humble respectful opinion, I know that everyone has it's own tastes, but I feel that this thread is really not proving anything in reallity.

The idea was good and I was really excited to participate on it, but people are starting to put on their different thoughts on a particular car which at the end is fine but it really doesn't help on anything, but to expose their own personal taste.

There should be a thread dedicated to what exhaust can "fix" some of the wrong samples in the game, or improve them, though keeping the car's engine sound realistic.

In my most humble respectful opinion, I know that everyone has it's own tastes, but I feel that this thread is really not proving anything in reallity.

The idea was good and I was really excited to participate on it, but people are starting to put on their different thoughts on a particular car which at the end is fine but it really doesn't help on anything, but to expose their own personal taste.

There should be a thread dedicated to what exhaust can "fix" some of the wrong samples in the game, or improve them, though keeping the car's engine sound realistic.
I am getting the same Feeling. I'm Resetting the OP list, I think we will Provide the Most realistic Sound Only. Sounds Good everyone?
👍

I am getting the same Feeling. I'm Resetting the OP list, I think we will Provide the Most realistic Sound Only. Sounds Good everyone?
👍

It will take time, but it will be worth it:tup:

I'll start checking on my garage just to make sure I get the correct exhaust type.

I believe the SLS AMG is best Left Stock.. things a beast. Since the latest Update it was Greatly Improved and sounds very Close to the real thing if you ask me

MOTORTRENDmitch

The M5 with racing titanium exhaust should REALLY sounds like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gg6mh6j2rc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If link doesn't work, search youtube for: M5 one and only

IMO i think the VW mkIV R32 should stick with the stock exhaust to keep the 3.2 roar.

Last edited:
I believe the SLS AMG is best Left Stock.. things a beast. Since the latest Update it was Greatly Improved and sounds very Close to the real thing if you ask me

I agree on that. I want to say again that the M3 CSL in GT5 sound seems accurate. There's a lot of "air" sound in it. Take a look at this video...

Thanks For posting this. Good reference vid 👍

What Exhaust sounds best on the Premium Lotuss'

The Esprit sounds accurate with the stock exhaust, just like a Flat-plane V8 should sound.

The semi-racing will give it a more classic cross-plane V8 sound that it can be achieved irl with a proper tunning of the exhaust manifold. On the downside, this is an overused sound sample in the game.

The racing exhaust sounds too much of an American V8, and the sports sounds nothing like a V8.

So bottom line, since we are aming for realism:

Lotus Esprit: Stock preferably.

Here's a reference for two Lutus Esprits with a different exhaust setup. Very awesome vid.

The red one has a modified exhaust, but it seems that something has been left stock, since the typical Flat-plane V8 sound can be heard specially in the driveby, and it does sound vaguely to the Lotus in the game.

The silver however seems to be modified more extensively, and a more classic V8 sound comes out of it.

This is an even more stock Esprit. Only the cats and the exhaust tips have benn changed. When he revs it up, the sound is much like the one in the game, except that his sounds more real... because it's real :D

On a side note: As I mentioned in another thread, it's funny how the silver Esprit starts exactly like the one in the game, even failing to start at the beginning.

First Vid had amazing sounds.. The second was alright.. but if our Espirits sounded like that. I'd use them ALOT more..

Anyone Have anything to say about the Nissan Z's? 370 & 350

Last edited:
I tried the C6 ZR-1 with the semi-racing exhaust and it's kinda nice! Also the 69' Camaro RM sounds very nice too.

Yea for sure this the only exhaust I ever put on a C6 ZR1. It sounds the closest to real life as you can with all the exhaust selections.

Latest Posts

Back