GTP IndyCar S2 | Champions - TomMcD & Team Penske! | Awards Announced!

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 2,234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
After several laps of facing the wrong way at a variety of corners I did a 1.08.852, plenty of time in hand (providing I stop binning it on fresher tyres :lol:)

Having bought a new iPhone 4S my 3GS decided to work again.. :grumpy:

Anyway, should be back home tonight just in time for the race 👍

I honestly think that after Indy, this is the best matched track for this car in the game. Gonna be intense 👍

So 110mph or 120mph for cautions lads?

Matty
Having bought a new iPhone 4S my 3GS decided to work again.. :grumpy:

Anyway, should be back home tonight just in time for the race 👍

I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands. :sly:

^110

Cowboys965
I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands. :sly:

^110

Saying 110 because you know you'll be in all the crashes. :sly:

And on another note it's yours for 600 euro. The 4S that is.

Matty
Saying 110 because you know you'll be in all the crashes. :sly:

And on another note it's yours for 600 euro. The 4S that is.

Because of my skill at getting involved in wrecks this season, you're correct.

Last two weeks have been caution free. This one will not. Can you clarify what will call a caution. Two cars together. Two individual spins etc etc.

If laps are between 1:00 and 1:30 reckon 110 mph. Sub min have 100. Over 1:30 have 120 mph.

Contact between two or more cars is obviously a caution but two individual spins at the same corner, same time will also result in one. This is important in T1, the final turn and the Corkscrew which can become easily blocked. And I mean 'same corner', not 'same sector'.

120mph may be necessary, remember we had to up the speed last week. We can test tonight pre-race for 5 minutes anyway.

Try to get into the room sharpish tonight, Q1 starts at 23:00BST. Q2 should follow at around quarter/twenty past.

So are we doing the knockout quali? If say I get into q2 but don’t run a lap will I start at the back or the back of the q2 people like F1?

So are we doing the knockout quali? If say I get into q2 but don’t run a lap will I start at the back or the back of the q2 people like F1?

If you get into the Top 6 but don't run in Q2, you'll start in 6th place. So yes, just like F1 👍

Mom's on Skype and I can't reset the router till she's off so I'll be in around 10-15 minutes.

Sorry guys, really was no fun spinning at least once a lap. Couldn't handle it. I will see the season out but I've lost any love I had for these cars now that I have no time to put practice in which I obviously need.

Nothing to do with the Series, because it is awesome. I just don't think I can put enough time into it moving forward :(

Great race guys! Annoyed I can't make it every week, but you never know, now its holidays I might be able to make another race soon :) will definitely be doing the other Indy series when it comes!

Good race for me. Spun a couple of times but managed to keep a good average pace lapping in the mid 1:09 to mid 1:10’s. Got lucky avoiding the wreck early on and after the caution the field spread out again.

Congrats to spurgy on the win. :gtpflag:

I knew I should have practiced this week but I thought I could get away with showing up and using my street circuit setup...bad idea...

car was a hand full, had fun wrestling with it for awhile but the spins start to add up and at a certain point it stops being fun, that was on lap 35 for me :)

All those spins, pitstops and damage and I still somehow end up only 1 place behind Tom... I must've had about 20 spins in that race.

Good racing guys, Laguna always throws up a few curveballs. Congrats on the win Spurgy, you'll love Indy Lights on a Sunday :cheers:

Tables etc. up soon.

EDIT:

7RCsx.png

uQKuM.png

Last edited:
12 points in the Constructors table, 1 race left at a track we've never raced anything seriously at before.

Will Target pinch the title at the last or will Penske retain it?

Will Tom hold onto his 13 point lead or will Joe come back at it and snatch it, or will ADR following his Indy 500 win come from last and win the race?

1 race, 2 titles and 250 miles over a tough 162 laps of Motegi to decide it all.

DW IndyCar World Championship @ Twin Ring Motegi Superspeedway
Friday 20th July 2012

162 + 6* laps (250 miles)
*5 silent laps will open the event in memory of the late Dan Wheldon, followed by a pace lap and the green flag.

0B2em.gif

This is it. The final round of the 2nd GTPlanet IndyCar Series. We head to the Twin Ring Motegi racing complex for the first time ever for a 250 mile finale on the one and a half mile superspeedway which is set to be included in next season's schedule multiple times. The Penske #1, Joe, will have to make up 13 points in Japan on championship leader and Chip Ganassi #1, Tom McDonald in order to clinch the championship whilst Team Penske will also be looking to defend their rapidly disappearing constructors lead at the intermediate oval, so expect frantic and urgent driving from all parties as they try their best to boost their position in next season's team draft. The only noteworthy rule change is that the 'new' caution procedure will be implemented this week but the actual caution speed is yet to be determined. It's been a brilliant season of IndyCar so let's wrap it up with an amazing race at Motegi gents 👍

This is the race weekend of the season where we remember the late Dan Wheldon; 2005 IndyCar champion and two time Indy 500 winner who died in a tragic accident at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in the 2011 IndyCar World Championship Race. The event has been permanently renamed the 'DW IndyCar World Championship' in his honour and 5, pace speed, laps of the track will be run at the start of the event in his memory. Please remain silent on the mics during this 5 lap period as a mark of respect.

Tom McDonald

IndyCar Race Director
9FOWJ.jpg

Y7hS7.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back