GTP IndyCar S2 | Champions - TomMcD & Team Penske! | Awards Announced!

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 2,234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it'd be a good track to race at, and qualifying added to this, but the dirty air makes it horrible. I span in the kink in Matty's dirty air, despite going 15mph slower than my fastest through there and not even hitting the curbs.

We need more people so that we actually have cautions.

Another bad result.

C'mon guys! Where are you?

power failure!!!! power was out for over an hour in my area so that is why I dc'd out of practice and did not get back on, I was ready to race but oh well see you next week

EDIT: power fails in America because instead of building infrastructure in America we build bombs, blow up a country, then rebuild their infrastructure, ah imperialism...you Brits are lucky your country isn't an Imperial/super power anymore...

Yeah, we need more. Where was Cowboys tonight? Nel will be back next week and Kartman should be aswell I suspect. Tables up soon.

Matty I beat your fastest laptime by 6 thousandths of a second lol. I'm celebrating my quasi-win now.

cJYzth.png

JqggOh.png

Yesterday the race was run at 2/3 distance for 2/3 points due to low attendance.

oh damn i can't make this one. local festival that a load of mates lured me into attending :grumpy:. should be good for the final 2 though!

How do you guys feel about new qualifying procedures for next season?

I propose a two part quali at road courses. Everyone goes on track for 10 minutes, then the fastest 6 advance to the shootout. Everyone from 6 down starts in their Q1 positions. The 'Fast 6' advance to Q2, another ten minute knockout for pole.

At ovals I want to do solo qualifying. It's annoying having to do runs during the week (we'll only do that for the 500), so I may open the lounge for oval rounds at 22:00BST (that's half an hour earlier) for our regular 30 mins of practice, then that gives me and hour of qualifying for everybody to get their quali runs in which should be sufficient. In that case we could start early after everyone has finished.

Thoughts?

Cowboys965
I think that's good.

Check your PMs too.

Cheers dude 👍

Yeah, I got it. Good idea and would be a laugh but I can't support you with it as I've too much on at the moment. Maybe it could support IndyCar a couple of times :lol:

i think the first quali session (Q1) should be longer than Q2. make the second session a quick shootout where you have like 4 laps, one outlap and 3 fliers.

gokartman78
i think the first quali session (Q1) should be longer than Q2. make the second session a quick shootout where you have like 4 laps, one outlap and 3 fliers.

15 and 10? 5 is a bit short.

So, this seems like another idea to trial before S3. You guys want to try it at Laguna this Friday?

Just a reminder we'll need to come to decision on pace speed again; 120mph still sounds good for this track to me.

Haven't done any running yet but it should be fun as hell tonight 👍

I'm considering knocking Daytona Road off the schedule as it makes it much easier for me to wrap up the season standings etc. before I go on holiday. Currently I leave with the family about an hour and a half after our final race ends :lol: Would give me more time to do tables, awards and the like.

I'll make a concrete decision after tonight's race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back