GTP IndyCar S2 | Champions - TomMcD & Team Penske! | Awards Announced!

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 2,234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe and I are level on points now including our drop races, with him winning the tiebreaker on 3-2 wins.

Target are closing in slightly on the constructors lead also. Should be an exciting last month of the season for sure :D

Thanks to my great form of late.. :sly:

Fun little track, won't be at my best as I may have a splint on my finger. Can see Penske being fast here.

Tracks fun but can only see two possible safe overtaking spots. Down the straight into turn 1 and the hairpin.

Setups coming along nicely and every lap I’m getting faster. What’s generally a decent time around Rome?

I can't remember what me and Tom got last week.. :dopey:

Best time I got was a 55.5 and there were more tenths to be had I reckon. Some slippy spots coming onto cobbles but I will be using a very stable setup on Friday. Probably not the fastest but I love how it feels around the track 👍

Change of plan, GWC finishes are staying out till next season but we are using the new caution rules as a 'long term trial'. Here's what I put on the OP:

TomMcD
Note - We're NOT implementing Green White Chequered finishes until next season but the new caution rules will be effective immediately, on trial for the remainder of the season. New caution procedure reminder is below.

Caution will be called, pits closed and field bunched up at 70mph as usual. Then when the pits are opened and people enter, everybody who stays out will accelerate to 100-110mph (TBA)* maximum and restart the race single file next time by. The cars that have pitted will be able to go full speed upon exiting the pits and will be able to overtake once green flag is called by the cars that stayed out. This creates a 15-20 second cushion between the groups, a suitable but not over the top penalty for pitting.

*The speed for the non pitting cars must change for each track to create the same gap at all courses. Therefore this is just an estimate; the official speed will be tested and trialled pre-race and announced before the green flag.

Getting consistent mid 55’s with a stable setup. I’m very happy with the stability of the car so maybe a top 5 is reachable.

My main problem has been accidentally putting a wheel over the outside curb before the final turn. Other than that I'm looking decent.

No need for a pit speed limit here either, just make sure you don't cut across the pit enty line once it goes from dotted lines to a solid line.

Joe found some magic first sector's where I found some magic second sectors, best overall lap would be a high 53.

Matty
Joe found some magic first sector's where I found some magic second sectors, best overall lap would be a high 53.

Yeah. Managed a 54.1 in tonight's practice .

I changed to my midway setup and my sectors are now the same as Tom and Matty. The previous setup was one with a little more understeer in it.

Should be good fun, ready to go, lounge up soon. Neljack, the lucky sod, is going to the GP tomorroww so he won't be present but akmuq has said he'll be available 👍

I'm using my HSR setup which is probably going to remain a second slower than others, but it's solid.

Sorry, Tom. Internet's dieing slowly tonight.

Conveniently Nationwide Nascar is on sorry.

EDIT: Plus, I'm an awful driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back