GTP IndyCar S2 | Champions - TomMcD & Team Penske! | Awards Announced!

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 2,234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
so it' 162 laps? how many are added on laps? so what i really mean is how many racing laps :P

It's 5 silent three-wide laps for Dan Wheldon, then our regular 1 pace lap to go back to two-wide (I presume we go back to two-wide), and then 162 laps of racing.

Just realized that between today and tomorrow night, there will be 9 races.

I'll for sure be in 5 of them, could be in as much as 7.

MÜLE_9242;7370674
What exactly are you trying to accomplish with these new pit rules?

I'm slightly lost.

So, if we pit under caution, we go a lap down on an oval. Makes sense. 👎

So, if we pit under caution, we go a lap down on an oval. Makes sense. 👎

So, if you are half of a lap behind and get in a wreck, a caution comes out, you get to pit for free, and race for the lead again within 3 laps. That makes a lot more sense. 👍

You don't go a lap down, you go about 15 seconds down, hardly catastrophic.

Drop understands the need for this.

You don't go a lap down, you go about 15 seconds down, hardly catastrophic.

Drop understands the need for this.

Still, if you don't have draft, you're done for. I think the open regulations for the transmission might spread us out anyway.

Still, if you don't have draft, you're done for. I think the open regulations for the transmission might spread us out anyway.

Still not grasping the point, everybody being able to take tyres and fuel at every caution with no penalty is hardly a recipe for fair racing that benefits the careful and strategic.

From testing we worked out that if you take minimal fuel under caution (15 litres for free while tyres are being changed), you'll be 8-9 seconds behind the race leader at the line on the restart, and gain another second on them before they're up to speed at turn 3. So with minimal fuel you'd only be 7-8 seconds behind the leader after the first green lap on a restart. With some sensible driving (classified info ;)), the drivers that pitted could easily gain about half a second a lap on the leader, and the back of the lead pack even easier. (This is all with the caution speed at 120mph before going green)

Due to something I noticed in testing, you are by no means done for if you don't have the draft.

Think of it like a road course, if the guys in the pack are squabbling for places and you're banging in quali laps, you'll probably end up catching them slowly.

Plus, if they stay out, and pit under green later, you're both going to have stopped once, and you'll be way ahead when they come out. The caution speed should probably be a little higher, honestly.

Plus, if they stay out, and pit under green later, you're both going to have stopped once, and you'll be way ahead when they come out. The caution speed should probably be a little higher, honestly.

Joe did suggest 130mph earlier, I'm not sure of the gap with that as I haven't tried it but more is better.

Knelly
What is quali procedure tonight. Two sessions or one?

Just the one tonight. You have to enter and exit the pits on the backstretch and slow down to 60mph on entry to the actual pit lane.

For cautions, all cars slow to 70mph and bunch up, once cars pit, the ones staying out will speed up to 120mph and then take the green flag next time around. Pitted cars may go full throttle after exiting pit lane but must not overtake before the line.

I think my mom decided she wants to go in a YouTube and Skpye spree... :mad:

Just the one tonight. You have to enter and exit the pits on the backstretch and slow down to 60mph on entry to the actual pit lane.

do we need pit entry speed? at 60 it would then speed you up. You can go in at full throttle without penalty.

Room open!

Alright then, no pit lane speed limit. Sorry for all the decision changes gents.

Tom won, don't know about the Target/Penske battle..

Target are 2nd in Championships..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back