GTP IndyCar S2 | Champions - TomMcD & Team Penske! | Awards Announced!

• Thread starter Tom.
  • 2,234 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to Tom for the win and good battles with Joe, RFLX, and smuffy for 1st for a good portion of the race, but I can only go so far with engine damage and Fraisier you turnip :banghead:, but I forgive you I was in it for the fun no overall position.

P.S. I like the new caution though 👍 and I'm proud to make 6th on that race on my return to IndyCar :D

Congrats to tom on the win. Had some great battles with Tom, Joe, Indy, RFLX and whoever else was towards the front.

Had a good race today and was very fun. Good series Tom and can’t wait for the next season of Indy.

Cheers guys, it's been a great season. Here's to S3 :cheers:

Tables etc. will be up soon!

For once you're talking sense mate, that was an absolutely epic race and will be in the calendar multiple times next season! 👍

NyGXm.png

Xw7rJh.png

Last edited:
On a side note, get your nominations in for the IndyCar awards. Voting will begin most probably Sunday/Monday 👍

These aren't your votes, just what will be included in the vote itself. Here are some examples....

Race Battle of the Season: Tom & Joe at Tokyo, The field at the 500.

Rookie of the Season: Neljack, Kartman, Frasier

Unluckiest Driver of the Season: Matty, Knelly

Driver Rivalry of the Season: Joe & Tom, Matty & Knelly

Driver's Driver of the Season: Joe, Knelly

Most feared driver: Joe, myself? ;)

Best Oval driver: Knelly, Matty, Joe, ADR, Indy

Best Road Course driver: Joe, Tom, Spurgy

ah...I was having such a good race, pretty much guaranteed 7th or 8th place, then I thought about how good I was doing and crashed in the next corner...

great race though and congratulations Tom and Team Penske on the championships, great season hope to be back for season 3 👍

ah...I was having such a good race, pretty much guaranteed 7th or 8th place, then I thought about how good I was doing and crashed in the next corner...

great race though and congratulations Tom and Team Penske on the championships, great season hope to be back for season 3 👍

Cheers Frasier, you had a good rookie season and it would be nice to have you back 👍

TomMcD

You are permitted to drop your worst result as long as it isn't the Indy 500 or the IndyCar World Championship race. If it is, your next worst will be selected.

Knew I was right, doesn't make much difference now anyway though..

I'm glad I showed up today, that was some great racing. I had no idea how exciting it would be. My car was a bit slow in Quali, but it worked out pretty well in the race. And those CH tyres lasted forever. If not for fuel, it seemed this race could have been a no-stopper.

Thanks for the great battles everyone, and congrats on the title Tom.

I like the part where I was right in the middle of the pack, about 12th or so, in the middle of a 3 or 4 wide, going into 3. The two cars below me both hit the apron, but nobody hit anybody and I went all the way up to 7th.

I knew I should've stayed for the rookie season, but ah well what you gotta do about work 👍 and/or 👎 looking forward to season 3 though

I think if it wasn't for my connection lagging cars into me when I was in a pack ruining my car I would have had a good race but never mind, might stick to road courses next season if I come along for races :sly:

that equalled my best finish yet :D. cheers to joe and knelly for some tips! on lap 165 i thought it was going to be my first ever indycar race that i would finish without damage, and on the lead lap. well i kept on the lead lap but i ruined my front end....stupid wall !!

could i just say thanks to everyone involved. it's been great racing, well organised and FUN. an awesome way to spend my friday evenings so thankyou all guys :D

Thanks again for all the kind words, it's a pleasure to run this series for you guys. It's nice to have a group of clean racers week in, week out 👍

Oh, and don't forget your award nominations!

Come on guys, get those nominations in! Voting will begin tomorrow evening.

Race Battle of the Season: Drop & Indy at Indy speedway

Rookie of the Season: Kartman

Unluckiest Driver of the Season: smuffy

Driver Rivalry of the Season: Joe & Tom

Driver's Driver of the Season: Knelly

Most feared driver: Joe, Tom, IndyWolf

Best Oval driver: Knelly

Best Road Course driver:Spurgy

When is our draft Tom?

We'll most probably conduct it in the S3 thread when we get it up. Because that won't be for a month probably, I don't want to do it all now and then watch everything fizzle out. The Cup seasons follow on from each other basically but we've got a little off season/summer first 👍

Last chance guys! You've got a few hours before voting goes live to get your nominations in.

Race Battle of the Season: Me and Joe as SSR5 is all I can remember, probably was better out there.

Rookie of the Season: Neljack

Unluckiest Driver of the Season: Fraiser, smuffy

Driver Rivalry of the Season: Joe v Tom, Matty v Knelly or Matty v Tom

Driver's Driver of the Season: Knelly, Joe, Tom or Matty

Most feared driver: Joe, Tom, Cowboys (Just for weaving on pace and caution laps)

Best Oval driver: Knelly, Tom, Joe

Best Road Course driver: Tom, Joe (Not picking Spurgy as he was only at one race.)

Is that all of them?

Race Battle of the Season: Me and Joe as SSR5 is all I can remember, probably was better out there.

Rookie of the Season: Neljack

Unluckiest Driver of the Season: Fraiser, smuffy

Driver Rivalry of the Season: Joe v Tom, Matty v Knelly or Matty v Tom

Driver's Driver of the Season: Knelly, Joe, Tom or Matty

Most feared driver: Joe, Tom, Cowboys (Just for weaving on pace and caution laps)

Best Oval driver: Knelly, Tom, Joe

Best Road Course driver: Tom, Joe (Not picking Spurgy as he was only at one race.)

Is that all of them?

You have to PM them as well I believe :)

Doesn't really matter, you'll have to PM me your actual votes if I don't do it via poll :)

Rookie of the Season: IndyWolf

Unluckiest Driver of the Season: Me

Driver Rivalry of the Season: Joe vs Tom/ Cowboy vs Matty :D

Driver's Driver of the Season: Joe

Most feared driver: Joe/Spurgy

Best Oval driver: Joe/Tom

Best Road Course driver: Spurgy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back