++++++ GTP Le Mans Prototype Championship - Season 2 - Complete !! ++++++

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 829 comments
Yea ill be there i love this track and so does my 908

Awesome, man. This is the one track during the calendar where I really want to have some speed, so I will PM you any testing times I do during the week. Also we should share the best gear ratios we can find to make sure we are competitive.

I have a room open that will be up for the next couple of hours. Dialing in my Peugeot for la Sarthe. I am doing some work around the house and will be breaking it up with the occasional test run, so feel free to drop by!

Circuit de la Sarthe
Unofficial testing Sunday night

6:00pm Eastern - 10:00pm Eastern
23:00 GMT - 03:00 GMT

1472 6399 8537 0922 3819

Full 24-hour cycle
Dry weather

yea man, glad to see you back, So now i have 2 new drivers for Saturday:tup:

mike46and2 - Audi R8 '05
kjeezy23 - car ????

along with our regular season 2 drivers we should have 16 all together for the big race saturday.

Anyone know what happend to erickiller / jav this week?

I'll be running my Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car '98

I remember. in the race i messed up gear ratios meaning that in a toe, I get within 10 or so metres of the car in front then hit the rev line. Very inconvenient that was. Great pictures. Me and ALLin at the start finish is great. So are all of them.

I'll be running my Mercedes CLK-GTR Race Car '98
Unfortunately (I may be wrong), I don't think the CLK-GTR 1998 is eligible for the series. According to the results it was running in the GT1 class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_24_Hours_of_Le_Mans#Official_results

XeoWb.jpg

Last edited:
The Toyota GT-One was converted to a LMP for Le Mans. That CLK that mark webber has flipped upside down right there was the CLK-LM,
Merc also converted the their GT1 CLK - GTR to the CLK- LM, but looking at the pic , it had some flaws . Lol

I'm not sure the gtr will be as competitive or maybe too competitive , I will get one and test it out , today I hope

S3 will be 1 or 2 races longer. Audi R8 will either get Ballast or just outright banned. If there are 2 liveries for the same car and 4 drivers with it( i.e. the 908 ) 1 team will get one color the other team has to use the other. 1 or 2 more race host/ stewards. There will be a more thought out penalty system . I like the points so that will stay very similar ( or the same ). Maybe I'll have heavy damage and no driving Line on race day . These are just some of the ideas floating in my head

Also What do you you guys think about driver profiles, we could get to know a little more about the guy next to us racing ......

I want to do my best to draw more attention to the series

I like the idea of Heavy damage, and having to pit if you have dmg. Brings the 'reliability' factor into the races forcing cars to pit. Of course with this the penalty system will have to be improved and more penalties will have to be given. Each driver would have to be responsible for notifying the stewards when contact was made so it can be reviewed. Drive profiles would be cool.

Maybe an implementation of GT classes later to gain more drivers / increase complexity of the race (dealing with slower traffic). To combat the increased amount of drivers, have a multi session qualifying and take the top 16 (10 LMP, 6 GT cars). If we have enough to fill all 16 with LMP cars though, then this really isn't needed.

Any thought on tire limitations? bumping it down to Meds or hards one race to see how it plays out? I wonder if it'd bring the field closer together or further apart (in car ability, not drivers), limited the need for ballasts on the r8s.

Just throwing ideas against the wall...

Ban the R8 - I support that tbh, all of the other cars I have in this class seems bad. Of course I have to play with some setups first, but I have some favorites (C9 and C60) so far.

@tissimo: GT classes... I thought it said Prototype championship ;) We are already a lot of drivers and adding more traffic... would be chaos. And worse tyres would create more chaos too, I think we already see a lot of guys spinning and losing control of the car on softs :)

Heavy damage: Never been a fan of it as it damages both the good and the bad guy.

bombe32
And worse tyres would create more chaos too, I think we already see a lot of guys spinning and losing control of the car on softs :)

Heavy damage: Never been a fan of it as it damages both the good and the bad guy.

Yeah. The heavy damage can be a bummer if you get swooped off track by someone else.

Spitballing ideas for next season:

Ban the R8 - Agree. Unless it can be reasonably balanced with ballast, but that is not enforceable with the room settings, and would work on the honour system. I like everyone I race with here, but there is no way to check that ballast is there, unlike using the HP limit.

Driving line off - Agree. Encourages drivers to be more cautious and be looking out for traffic instead of waiting for a red braking indicator.

Restrict tyres - Disagree. Different pitstop strategies are more fun.

Heavy damage on - Disagree. It seems like a good idea, a very good idea for endurance racing. But you'll hate it. People will flip out in-race, in the thread, they'll murder their kids after being taken out of contention lapping a car :P Stewards' workload will be too high. In a 1.5 hour race, the penalty for having to pit to fix damage is too big. Maybe in a much longer event it would work.

Multiple classes in same event - Disagree. I think 10 or 8 cars in the leading class is not exciting enough, to be honest. No need to dilute the field. Maybe a separate B-series that runs on a different day with GT cars, run by a different person? Only needed if there is a ton of interest beyond 16 drivers and reserves.

Special event settings for the race at Circuit de la Sarthe - It's Le Mans, it's the title race of the series...would it be interesting to make it a longer event? 2 hours instead of 1.5? 2.5 hours? Why was that pitstop so long? Was it a driver change or a piss break?

New procedure for reporting racing incidents - To save Bermuda/the steward a lot of time, a driver could have the option of reporting a maximum of two racing incidents per race, via PM only, with lap number and (if they remember) the other car involved. The responsibility for filing a report goes to the driver so the steward doesn't have to watch the entire replay over and over.

Yeah. The heavy damage can be a bummer if you get swooped off track by someone else.

Exactly. I was originally i fan of it but im not now. In the race at daytona I was following bermuda and at turn 1 he spun accidentally. He swerved in to my path and I hit him and I got damage (and he probably did) and we would have had to do a whole lap with full damage. Imagine if it happened at the first corner of La Sarthe with full damage :nervous:

Before the race there's one thing I would like to have sorted out, as I was getting complaints last time we raced La Sarthe about this: How far can you go out in the turn before the Mulsanne Straight? I took it pretty wide (not cutting the corner, but going wide; touching the blue line). It gave me an advantage on the first part of the straight.

I just remember one of the first times I raced with you that a couple of guys went wide so I started going wide too.

bombe32
Before the race there's one thing I would like to have sorted out, as I was getting complaints last time we raced La Sarthe about this: How far can you go out in the turn before the Mulsanne Straight? I took it pretty wide (not cutting the corner, but going wide; touching the blue line). It gave me an advantage on the first part of the straight.

I just remember one of the first times I raced with you that a couple of guys went wide so I started going wide too.

I'm concerned about this too. Even with penalties on this turn be cut quite a bit before the penalty will activate. Cutting in should be penalized if done over and over for consecutive laps. We can all tell when it is necessary and when done to shave a second. As far as going wide, there is no real advantage I think as the yellow and black bumps screw up the line and it gets quite lose out there. This turn actually must be taken slow despite the way it looks. I would say two wheels on track at this section.

Yeah, if we can fill the field then lmp only, but if we can't it is an idea to full it.

Getting damaged by someone else sucks, but its racing.. Adds more complexity to the race, and forcing you to make strategic pit decisions on the fly, race taking the time penalty with the damage, or pit and get it fixed.

Do the tires work as they should now? Before softs and hards wore the same, but just had different grip levels.

We should also sort out the first chicane. I keep two wheels on track. It too can be cut quite a bit (4 wheels on green accepted by penalty system) before a penalty activates. The Ford chicane same thing. When 4 wheels get up and over it shaves time off.

I like the idea I read earlier... the 10 LMPs and 6 GT Class. that sounds more Le Mans. But as someone else said the topic does say Prototypes... I guess if this GT class were to be included, what cars would it have? I'd imagine the Corvette RM would be one of them.

I might do Season 3, earlier I said I wouldn't but I might. With a different car that is. The C9 won't do to well on city tracks if that's what's coming.

I can't wait for next Saturday! And make the race around 2 hours long as someone said. :)

Driving Line banned.

ASM should be banned aswell imo.

Ballast to R8's so every car is 900kg's.

Heavy damage is just daft as people take you out and you suffer from it.

Corner cutting is a problem but i feel the regulars we have in the championship now all stick to the rules, we all use the run off's as some point when we make a mistake or push to hard. I always lift off if i take to much run off etc.

I really enjoy the series but i cannot commit to every round next season. I will still take part in a few races in the Bentley most probably [Crewe born and bred where they make Bentley's] or the BMW or Jag.

Also i feel this last race should stay 1hr as i struggle to fit the 1.5hrs in with qualifying etc as it is. Next season all well and good for 2hrs.

Nash_027
I really enjoy the series but i cannot commit to every round next season.

Also i feel this last race should stay 1hr as i struggle to fit the 1.5hrs in with qualifying etc as it is. Next season all well and good for 2hrs.

Yeah, next season may be hard to do on Saturdays for me as well. Weather is nice and it's family outing time. I will see.

it seems its impossible to get a perfect time for you guys............ there are just as many people in Europe that play that are in North America. Time zone span from GMT+1 or 2 all the way to GMT-8

if i could get 16 people in the us actually intrested id just pic a time and say forget Europe. or vice versa and i would just race with an all euro group

Last edited:
it seems its impossible to get a perfect time for you guys............ there are just as many people in Europe that play that are in North America. Time zone span from GMT-1 or 2 all the way to GMT+8

if i could get 16 people in the us actually intrested id just pic a time and say forget Europe. or vice versa and i would just race with an all euro group

I'm at GMT+1 until october. I'm fine with current times provided they get no later. I can allow 1 hour later but no more

No talk about the final race?? Me and mike have been practicing the last 2 days and ive been setting consecutive 3:22-3:19s hopefully thats fast..hey mike if you need help on anything ask here to help..Team Peugeot boys needs to take 3rd

it seems its impossible to get a perfect time for you guys............ there are just as many people in Europe that play that are in North America. Time zone span from GMT-1 or 2 all the way to GMT+8

Just as many from Europe.... but as far as I've seen it's only Brits and me from Europe, which is GMT and GMT+1... Currently the race start fits very good for my schedule :)

EDIT: Btw, Eric: 3.18s must be the target for a good lap time while not driving an Audi R8, so you're getting close.

Back