++++++ GTP Le Mans Prototype Championship - Season 2 - Complete !! ++++++

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 829 comments
No talk about the final race?? Me and mike have been practicing the last 2 days and ive been setting consecutive 3:22-3:19s hopefully thats fast..hey mike if you need help on anything ask here to help..Team Peugeot boys needs to take 3rd
Yeah been good practising with you, I'll be on most of the week in the late afternoon/ evenings.

I'm running 3:24s so I'm still trying to squeeze some speed out of the car. There are definitely some corners where I'm backing off too early so I need to find some sectors to improve my time.

Tire testing has seen about half my rear tires gone after 5 laps, so I'm looking at a pit window of 5-7 laps on Racing Softs. I'm contemplating running the race on Racing Mediums or Racing Hards.

I'm running 3.21s-3.22s.... Need to find another second some where.. Lol.

Do mediums or hards actually wear different? In the past they wore the same just different levels of grip.. Well have to try it out.

I'm getting about 6-7 laps on softs. How many laps will the race be?

Bermunda : its nothing to do with the timings, its just when i tax the toy for the summer i dont normally spend much time on the computer at all.

I usually average 3:16-3:19 laps around LeSarth and drop to 3:22 when tyres are low. I need it to rain tbh.

What's a decent rain time? Trying to get a hybrid setup is a pita with the Judd, going to have to sacrifice dry setup to have it drivable in the rain.

Do a rain dance someone, we want rain! ;) It's been so long since I raced in the rain.

Tissimo: Rain times when at its full can be up to 3.48, maybe 4 mins.

Anyone will be competitive with a lap time around 3:20.xxx.
Rain times can vary from 3:55 to 4:15 depending more on the driver than the car.
In real grip when the track is wet you can no longer stay out on racing softs like we did in past seasons. Its impossible to go over 100 MPH when the track is actually wet on Softs.

Its mistakes that separate the field not always lap times. You put it in the gravel and lose 10 seconds early on, you will never catch the pack again. Staying out 1 lap too long on your tires may cost you the battle for 4th place to trying not to finish dead last. or my personal mistake where i always seem to lose the rear end on the exit of the first chicane on the straight. Cost me big time last season :(

Almost forgot:

For next season the power limit should go up again - first of all I think that's what made the R8 untouchable this season and secondly it would make it a closer field again with the group C cars not having to be power limited to 90%. A limit of 992bhp or so would make the closest race I think - it'll need to be tested though.

or my personal mistake where i always seem to lose the rear end on the exit of the first chicane on the straight. Cost me big time last season :(

Haha, yea. I'm trying to adjust my line through there as I'm always putting my right tires on the rumble strips causing the car to slide on worn tires or especially in the wet.

Almost forgot:

For next season the power limit should go up again - first of all I think that's what made the R8 untouchable this season and secondly it would make it a closer field again with the group C cars not having to be power limited to 90%. A limit of 992bhp or so would make the closest race I think - it'll need to be tested though.

Do you mean 892? 992 would leave MANY cars out in the cold besides Group C cars. Even 892 would limit some (Bentley, and probably a few others). FWIW my Minolta is competitive @ La Sarthe with the current regs, (managed 3.19s), Other group C cars might suffer (tried the C9 breifly, but was 3.22-3.23s). I dont have a R8 '01 so I'm not sure of their HP/Weight? I say a weight penalty though. Should be fairly easy to enforce.

Start the room with a high weight limit (R8 limit of +50/100kgs or whatever) have all the '01 R8s enter the race, then change the limit back to the 830 of the others, and have the rest join. Only issue you'd have is if a R8 exits for whatever reason then will have to do it over again. But simply doing it just before qualifying and the race there's no need to exit and rejoin.

Last edited:
my HP limit before was 976 and the LMPs @ around 920 hp max were just as fast as the Group C's @ 970 hp. the Group C are just not as efficient with all that power which makes the field even. But even then the R8 still had the advantage, where now i still feel the field is even cept for the 1 car.

anyway ,
whos excited for saturday. You might as well not show up, cuz im gonna WIN!

I don't care for a win provided Thundersport can walk away with 3rd in the team championship. Although if I can push for a win (doubt it) then no one will be able to get in the way of my determination.

I know it was 976 before, what I just mean is that using the power limiter is slowing down the cars. A car tuned from 799 to 838 is faster than a car being limited from 989 to 838 if I understood the concept of the limiter right.

anyway ,
whos excited for saturday. You might as well not show up, cuz im gonna WIN!

I thought you wanted a full grid ;)
It's gonna be a good race though, no doubt - can't be a bad race at La Sarthe unless there are connection issues.

Start the room with a high weight limit (R8 limit of +50/100kgs or whatever) have all the '01 R8s enter the race, then change the limit back to the 830 of the others, and have the rest join. Only issue you'd have is if a R8 exits for whatever reason then will have to do it over again. But simply doing it just before qualifying and the race there's no need to exit and rejoin.
Ah you know that didn't even occur to me. That would be workable, though the cars would have to be tested in the off-season to figure out how much ballast needs to be added.

Yeh the main battle this weekend is in the team championship for third. There are 4 teams within 12 points of each other. I feel confident in Team prancing Bull. I think we have a good chance of at least one podium at la sarthe. I'll hope for a dry, normal race as the GT one seems fantastic here and i don't want weather screwing it up. We will see :)

The time we are racing at the moment is perfect for me. It's quite hard to balance out with UK and US time (and denmark ofcourse Bombe) difference though so I understand why it may not be perfect for everyone.

Right I've just run a 3:17.9xx. Can knock a second off that though as I went off all 4 wheels on the grass through the Indiapholis section at one point. Plus just as my lap started it started raining. :indiff:

I was driving the 908 just now. (I know I use a GT-One). In a race with the AI and half a tank of fuel I got 3:18.226. I was running consistent 3:18s. I will try with the GT-One from tomorrow to race day.

I was driving the 908 just now. (I know I use a GT-One). In a race with the AI and half a tank of fuel I got 3:18.226. I was running consistent 3:18s. I will try with the GT-One from tomorrow to race day.

Come online and we will practice in a lobby. Online and offline physics are different. Need to be online really

Btw MU tell me how your tire wear is when you try. I have done 4 full pelt laps of 3:17.9, 3:17.8, 3:18.2 and 3:18.5 and the tire wear is down to half. :nervous:

Yeh tomorrow sounds good

Last edited:
Btw MU tell me how your tire wear is when you try. I have done 4 full pelt laps of 1:17.9, 1:17.8, 1:18.2 and 1:18.5 and the tire wear is down to half. :nervous:

Yeh tomorrow sounds good

Circuit de la Sarthe? I've only tried with the 908 in the dry and done 3:18s pretty much every lap. Both the soft and hard tires last 6 laps at least. Although the softs are a good few seconds quicker. Oh yeah I did limit the car to 838hp.

Circuit de la Sathe? I've only tried with the 908 in the dry and done 3:18s pretty much every lap. Both the soft and hard tires last 6 laps at least. Although the softs are a good few seconds quicker.

Sorry I meant 3:17.9 etc. 6 laps? Might be a 2 stop race. Around La Sarthe tire strategy is crucial as the circuit is so long and you don't want to have to do a lap of it on really worn tires. In the wet I only got a 4:12.3. A lot harder.

Sorry I meant 3:17.9 etc. 6 laps? Might be a 2 stop race. Around La Sarthe tire strategy is crucial as the circuit is so long and you don't want to have to do a lap of it on really worn tires. In the wet I only got a 4:12.3. A lot harder.

Yeah at the end of the 6 laps they were quite worn out and didn't cost too much time. Although I doubt I could do 9 laps and a 1 stopper as I think too much time will be lost. IMO 2 stops are needed.

Have we been restricted to racing softs the entire season and this is the first race we can use any tire? Also, as we are running the pace lap the potential for rain to start by the first race lap is present?

Back