++++++ GTP Le Mans Prototype Championship - Season 2 - Complete !! ++++++

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 829 comments
Going to do some practice in the dark later, just to keep myself sharp ... or as sharp as I can be atleast ;)

Maybe some rain too, should be interesting with TC@1.

Does anyone have a good setup for the Sauber C9?

Me and Jake will be testing like crazy later. So far I have been unable to test. So has he. Not a great situation. OMG OMG I JUST REMEMBERED!! the Malaysian GP practice is on replay as I type!!! YAY!!

Just thought I'd ask is a Pescarlo C60 good? They won at France on saturday and I really like them so If it pops up I may buy it

Me and Jake will be testing like crazy later. So far I have been unable to test. So has he. Not a great situation. OMG OMG I JUST REMEMBERED!! the Malaysian GP practice is on replay as I type!!! YAY!!

Just thought I'd ask is a Pescarlo C60 good? They won at France on saturday and I really like them so If it pops up I may buy it

It has massive understeer which i struggle to control sometimes. not much oversteer though which is an advantage depending on your driving style and it is extremely fast in a straight line :)

I've never been this confident going in to a race before now. Just over 24 hours to go before the season finale and the GT one feels like it's on rails. My best lap is a 3:16.7 but more importantly I think I can make the tyres last the best part of 9 - 10 laps doing 3:19 - 3:20's. Possibility of a one stop race I feel but I don't know whether I can go the whole race without opening the taps lol :D I am now also prepared for the possibility of rain after doing a decent amount of practice. But I still would prefer it to stay dry.

I've never been this confident going in to a race before now. Just over 24 hours to go before the season finale and the GT one feels like it's on rails. My best lap is a 3:16.7 but more importantly I think I can make the tyres last the best part of 9 - 10 laps doing 3:19 - 3:20's. Possibility of a one stop race I feel but I don't know whether I can go the whole race without opening the taps lol :D I am now also prepared for the possibility of rain after doing a decent amount of practice. But I still would prefer it to stay dry.

Good times... as I've always said, the GT-One and R8 are by far the best cars in this class, I know the GT-One is faster in offline, but too unstable online. The Bentley can be good too, very easy to stay on track with it, just need a better setup for it, but tbh, I suck at setting up the cars. Only the R8 I've had any luck with so far online.

Good times... as I've always said, the GT-One and R8 are by far the best cars in this class, I know the GT-One is faster in offline, but too unstable online. The Bentley can be good too, very easy to stay on track with it, just need a better setup for it, but tbh, I suck at setting up the cars. Only the R8 I've had any luck with so far online.

Yeh I agree. A lot of people disagree with that theory though. The R8 I think everyone agrees is the best as shown by you and AyrtonSchumacher and that's why we are considering banning it in season 3. But the GT one isn't favored by too many people in this series. Even the people who use it. I for one have said many times during this thread I'm toast without the GT one and is the only LMP I'm reasonable good with. But AllinWit said a few pages back he couldnt drive properly with the GT one and thought he couldn't challenge the top with it. And my fellow teammate, mu675, I also know is not to keen on it and much prefers the 908 which he is switching to next series. The bentley would probably be the car I would use if I for some reason couldn't use the GT one because it feels like it has great balance. I also love the 787B, but I'd only chose that for the noise and for being IMO the best premium LMP so I could use cockpit view :)

So are we gonna be runing on the wet? Is it gonna start on the rain, dry, fixed rain?

Bomb and Seb. Bomb hit it right on. Offline the GT One is it. Online it gets a little more beasty. This series is my first online series and it is basically my driving experience that is keeping me from finishing at the top.

Jav
So are we gonna be runing on the wet? Is it gonna start on the rain, dry, fixed rain?

It can be any weather, nothing is fixed. The only thing we know is that it's going to change from day to night to day again :)

If there is going to be a GT Class in Season 3, maybe it should have HP limit itself. Of course the drivers must be trusted to not go over they're limit. The GT cars sould probably keep up with LMP if they were all out. What cars would be in the GT class anyways? C5-R? RM Corvettes? Nomad Diablo? DTM?

I'm sticking in the LMP class just incase GT class is entered, reserve a spot for me. :)

Anyways, I still don't know what LMP I'm going to switch to. I'm thinking a Pescarlo, not sure which one it is though... I think Judd is in the name and it's blue and green, but doesn't have circled headlights. Anyone know this one? For some stupid reason my laptop isn't cooperating with Google Images or mygranturismo. So sad...

Maybe get rid of Group C cars... they did go by different restrictions and are practically differentcars overall. My poor C9. Oh and guys you'll never believe this, the entire time, ever since I've recieved te car, I haven't even given it a chassis restortion. :D

If we got rid of the group C cars there wouldn't be too many to choose from... But in order to make them more competitive we need a little higher power limit.

There are three Peskys: Judd GV5, C60 Hybride and C60 Courage and the Hybride is definately the fastest in straight line.

I've been competitive in the Minolta before, and that's Group C. I think we should avoid splitting the field into two classes, to be honest. Maybe run a separate GT class that runs a shorter distance, or runs on a different time/day slot, but less than 12-16 LMPs would suck.

whoa whoa whoa !!!!!!!!!!!! I have not said anything about having 2 classes racing in S3 .......... !?!?!? :scared:
I havent even heard anyone suggest it as an idea till now..

I'm not doing that, I dont want make the field smaller i want mooooarrrrr !!! GT5 give me 24 Cars in a race. The more cars the better! Theres a battle for pretty much every position till almost the last lap and that is more fun than splitting the field into classes and having less competition.

The Group C cars have a should have a flat power curve. They should have an advantage to the LMPs with restricted HP. From what you see in tuning the power curve stays the same when you decrease the engine power so where the say the LMP's peak HP at 830 or 825 or 838 the GRP C's shuold produce 838 HP at high RPMs always........................ maybe , what i thought it does anyway.

I need to get some more testing done for S3.

I was competitive in the Toyota Minolta during S1, and was able to run top 5 with that Group C car anyway. They're just less safe and more temperamental than the LMPs. Gotta have a decent setup.

Bringing you guys driver profiles ! ! !
This is a chance to get to know your fellow racers :)
We can all post them here and ill like them over into the next thread when i create it for Season 3

Please use the Format below. Only for drivers that have Participated in Season 1 or 2. Also please don't post anything that you wouldn't want someone seeing on the internet......:scared: and dont use huge wallpaper pics

((Picture of Yourself if you wish))

Name:
Lives in:
School:
Major:
Work / Job:
Favorite Motor Sport / Why?:
Favorite Racing Team & / or Driver:
Real driving / racing history:
Hobbies besides GT5?:
Fact about you:
Car history:
How you play GT5:

(( insert pic here))

Last edited:
5602128536_af05f59e39.jpg

Name: Tyler P-R
Lives in: Daytona Beach, FL - during School months
School: Embry-Riddle University
Major: Aeronautical Science (Pilot) & Air Traffic Control
Work / Job: Bowling Alley Mechanic / Hotel Valet
Favorite Motor Sport / Why?: Formula 1 - I only got interested in F1 was because when i was in Elementary School my mom would buy me N64 games for good grades, One time in the store she said i could get a game but only for 30$. i wanted Super Smash Bros, but it was too much. Mom said i could get a 30$ game or no game @ all. So i ended up picking up some F1 game only cuz it had racing cars on it. The rest is history. Being in Daytona ive been to the Daytona 500 for the last 3 years and i still find NASCAR boring except for when you can get right up to the fence and hear those V8's go by.
Favorite Racing Team &/or Driver: McLaren Mercedes
Real Driving / Racing History: Mario Kart.. lol , none
Hobbies Besides GT5?: Work, RC Helicopters.
Fact about Yourself: I have dual citizenship with the U.K.
Car History: Started with only riding a Kawasaki Ninja ( it was the only thing i could afford ) Got rid of that because i was tired of of people trying to kill me while riding, plus riding in the rain sucks. Currently involved in a Love Hate Relationship with a 2003 Audi A4 5 speed. Next i'm Looking to get a BMW or a B7 A4 in the next few weeks.
How You Play GT5:
5601573761_a589c5ca23.jpg

Last edited:
Name: Mike
Lives in: Montréal, Canada
School: BA Economics
Work / Job: Web designer
Favorite Motor Sport: F1
Favorite Racing Team: McLaren Mercedes
Driving / Racing history: Bought original Gran Turismo for 20$ on a whim; hooked and never looked back. Have done a moderate amount of racing in Live for Speed and F1 games as well.
Hobbies besides GT5?: Sleeping / consuming copious amounts of alcohol
Car History: Public transit (lol)
How you play GT5:
(( insert pic here))

Name:Jose L.
Lives in:Houston, TX
School:SCHS
Work / Job:N/A
Favorite Motor Sport:LeMans
Favorite Racing Team:Team Oreca
Driving / Racing history:Played GT4 and loved it
Hobbies besides GT5?:Track Distance Running
Fact about you:Like Running And GT5
Car History:N/A
How you play GT5:
(( insert pic here))

Name: J. Torres
Lives in: S.F. Bay Area, California
School: B.A. in mindfreak stuff
Work / Job: Property Insurance
Favorite Motor Sport / Why?: LeMans. Beautiful cars, fast cars, changing technologies.
Favorite Racing Team & / or Driver: Corvette Racing
Real driving / racing history: None
Hobbies besides GT5?: BMX racing, riding my road bike, records.
Fact about you: BBQ master
Car history: 63 VW bug, 66 VW bug, 71 Chevy Monte Carlo, 62 Chevy Bel Air, 87 El Camino, 2002 Honda Civic, 2006 Honda Ridgeline, 2011 Honda Odyssey.
How you play GT5: Wheel, manual.

Last edited:
Final race of the championship tomorrow !!!!!! Whos excited? Ill be getting last min practice in the morning. Bentley Racing
Dont forget, reset your routers and your modems. Clear your PS3 cache and your GT5 cache. Kick everyone off other computers in the house while your on GT5. ITS TIME TO RACE !!! 👍

Drivers Expected
1. Bombe
2. AyrtonShum
3. Nashy
4. Jav
5. BermudaKID
6. AllinWitJT
7. MiketheHockeyFan
8. Jakerigard
9. Daibaspeed
10. Mu675
11. Jamman
12. Golfer
13. Razor
14. Tissimo
15. jml
16. Garnett
- KJEEZY - extra driver
- GTP_mike46an2 - extra driver

not expected ?? or unknown
erickiller
sandreckoner
kowalski

Last edited:
72238_169237873094916_100000261126386_486692_8475_n.jpg

Name: Justin
Lives in: Melbourne, FL
Work / Job: Geo-Spacial Analyst
Favorite Motor Sport / Why?: F1, Simply amazing blend of machine and skill.
Favorite Racing Team & / or Driver: RBR, Seb Vettel
Real driving / racing history: Drag Racing, few Amateur autocross events
Hobbies besides GT5?: Cars, Photography
Fact about you:
Car history: First car, 83 Celica GTS, moved up to a 91 Supra Turbo, had many 3rd generation supras.. Currently Have a 90 Celica Alltrac (GT4), 92 Supra Turbo, 98 Supra Turbo
How you play GT5:
DSC_6319-1.jpg

Last edited:
It's spelt daibaspeed.

----------------------------------------------

Name: Sean M.
Lives in: Maryland?
School: Old Mill High
Major: What?
Work / Job: Nice joke you got there.
Favorite Motor Sport / Why?: WRC, always loved rally since I saw it. Total fan here.
Favorite Racing Team & / or Driver: Don't care, whoever is driving one of my favs.
Real driving / racing history: I'm 14, what am I supposed to do?
Hobbies besides GT5?: Errr... Pokemon?
Fact about you: I have a cat that attacks me.
Car history: None...
How you play GT5:
How about a description? Laying on the couch with a PS3 controlller. My couch is diagonal to the TV.
do5k5l.jpg

My cat wouldn't move somewhere else. :grumpy:
Err... none.

I'm probably the youngest one here.

By the way nice set up guys. :)

Last edited:
Mike, feel free to be abit drunk again at the race. It only helps out with Thundersport

Name:James
Lives in:Solihull
School:St Peter's Secondary
Major:(Not at my current level)
Work / Job:Paperboy on Sunday morning
Favorite Motor Sport / Why?:American Le Mans Series. Sportscar racing shows a massive blend of different racing cars battling it out on track. The long races lead to lots of overtaking and all the different stress on the car and drivers lead to epicness. The commentators from Radio Le Mans are easily the funniest in the world. I mean at the start of the 12 Hours Sebring he said "How long is this race again", "I think it's about 12 minutes judging by the overtaking. Only in the ALMS.
Favorite Racing Team & / or Driver:RBR Renault in F1. Audi Joest at Le Mans. Highcroft in the ALMS. Vettel is number 1 forever
Real driving / racing history:I drove a go-kart once
Hobbies besides GT5?:Hang on, its possible to play GT5 and still have a life? Nah just kidding. I love riding my bike (bicycle) and really want a ducati.
Fact about you:I have ginger hair
Car history:None
How you play GT5:X shaped stand with a sheet of wood on top and the DFGT is clamped to that.
(( insert pic here))

hi bermudakid , can u add me as a reserve driver ? i rlly warmed up on this
and would like to participate so can you plz set me at the extra drivers list mate ?

Name: T Gill. (nickname tj)
Lives in: Middlesex, London. Very close to Heathrow airport.
School: Cranford Community College
Major: /
Work / Job: Student
Favorite Motor Sport / Why?: F1 because the cars look and sound awesome. Started watching in 2004 but fully understood and watched the sport from 2006. GT5 has made me get into Le Mans and I support Anthony Davidson and the Works Peugeot Team.
Favorite Racing Team & / or Driver: Ferrari and Fernando Alonso.
Real driving / racing history: Can't drive yet unfortunately.
Hobbies besides GT5?: Playing football as in soccer. Making plastic models of cars.
Fact about you: Proud supporter of Manchester United.
Car history: /
How you play GT5: Using a DS3 in my room. I have a 22 inch LCD TV which is pretty sweet. I sit on my bed and play LOL. :P

Last edited:
Name: Sebastian. C
Lives: Buxton, England (home of buxton water)
School: Buxton Community
Major: -
Work/Job: Student
Favourite motorsport / Why: F1 as i have watched it from an early age and love the technology, skill and tension in the sport. I also love the history of it and for it being the only sport in the world where sport and political scandal mix. Eddie Jordan is very funny to watch too :D
Favourite Team & / or driver: Sebastian Vettel and at the moment Red Bull but i support whichever team Vettel drives for. So actually i dont really support a team.
Real driving / Racing history: whats 0 x 1000000. yes 0
Hobbies beside GT5: Basketball and occasionally football.
Facts about you: i have a rabbit called smudger :D
Car history: See 3 lines up for your answer
How you play GT5: With a DS3 at the moment but im practicing with my new wheel.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back