GTP Le Mans Prototype Series - Season 3

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 1,230 comments

What 3 tracks would you like to see added? only vote for 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its tough to tell lap time differences between cars unless you compare the lap times at a good technical track like Suzuka rather than de la Sarthe 2009 which is very fast and top speed orientated. So if a car is to be handicapped the downforce of it has to be taken into consideration.

Its tough to tell lap time differences between cars unless you compare the lap times at a good technical track like Suzuka rather than de la Sarthe 2009 which is very fast and top speed orientated. So if a car is to be handicapped the downforce of it has to be taken into consideration.

lol umm...ok.

Don't think we haven't been driving on other tracks than La Sarthe 2009. Yesterday MU and I were on Suzuka and we have also been on Grand Valley, and then BK & co. on Laguna Seca.
Maybe the races yesterday counts too? I know there was some close races along the night which showed me that I need to work on top speed settings for some tracks (La Sarthe, Daytona, Indy).

Which leaves two spots left for a full grid plus some reserves. Then there are:

Unknown:
BK, Page, Nashy, Mav, Jav, JML, C-Zeta, Daiba

For the third time now, I've said I'll use the 905 if I get a spot.

If I can make it to the races I wanna use the 905. Or a 908. Otherwise the 787B Stealth or the 88CV.

I said I might be using the 905 if I could make it to the races.

For the third time now, I've said I'll use the 905 if I get a spot.

Sorry about that, but I think I missed your 2nd post, so I thought you hadn't made up your mind just yet. I did also state that you should correct me if was wrong, so no problems, I guess :)

Sorry about that, but I think I missed your 2nd post, so I thought you hadn't made up your mind just yet. I did also state that you should correct me if was wrong, so no problems, I guess :)

It's cool. Pretty funny how you decided to multi quote all 3 of my messages though. :lol:

Of course the main problem will probably be getting a space. I can just see the sign ups starting 'overnight' (though that'll be just 'at night' for the Americans), then when I go back to check the thread all 16 main spots are taken...don't mind being a reserve though, especially considering how many sign ups there will inevitably be and as a result if any drivers are gonna miss the race.

Multi-quoted them to confirm that you were right ;)

But if you show up Saturday you should have a chance to be in the series. Many of us who are interested in participating was in last season, that's why it may seem like there's not too many spots.

I'll be online today in about 1 hour for some racing and practice . hoping to dial in the final settings for cars and hp : weight limits .

And I'll pick the track for the preseason race too

If I get bored of GTA tonight (sorry but its not likely) then I will come and do some testing. I will definately be at Saturdays testing. Me and Jamman did some testing at Indy Roa. I realised I love the track and i have discovered a nice querk to the C60 if you have tyres at 50% or lower. The back slides and is easily caught. Also makes for great drifting with ease. Its easy to drift normally at low speeds. We probably discovered something else very important but i wasn't paying attention. But we did remember we have the "Apex" book that came with the game and I'll just say, its a good read.

Must say that I maybe decide to change car even though I was determined to use the MINOLTA. BMW and Courage are very good cars too, especially the Courage on some tracks. But everything will depend on the regulations.

Great fun tonight, a little more than the hour you stated, lol ;) My fingers were hurting in the end, so my driving got worse. And Johny was just flying around the tracks, all over the place, lol.

EDIT: Daytona as pre-season race again, not surprised, just glad it ain't costing me points this time.

Last edited:
EDIT: Daytona as pre-season race again, not surprised, just glad it ain't costing me points this time.

The people have voted. i only voted for two tracks. id rather see a race at indy for points so i made daytona pre-season. and i was not going to do monza but you all seem to want it so its back too.

This season is going to be a blast, judging from some of the action tonight :)

Lower HP setting seems to even out the LMPs. I'm looking forward to seeing the longer runs between pit stops and if they really change a lot.

Also, Laguna Seca = ****ing epic.

The 680hp limit results really well for more racing action. A PP limit would screw things up a bit I think. The fast guys are still fast regardless of the hp limit.

Can't wait to get to this. Really need to get some practice after playing SHOX all day. PS2 game.

What are you planning to make the weight limit? I'd say 900 is a good number since a majority of the LMPs are at that range and the 905 (lightest of the available cars by default) can still reach it. Kinda singles out the CLK-LM though since that's 1000kg if my memory serves me correctly.

Well I'm looking forward to the new season again now. Is there going to be that much bump drafting at Sarthe in the proper race lol. But yeh we've all driven the scheduled tracks and I for one think this should be a fantastic series ahead cause last night at Sarthe was just awesome. And I also bet Laguna Seca was too but unfortunately I couldn't stay to find out.

What are you planning to make the weight limit? I'd say 900 is a good number since a majority of the LMPs are at that range and the 905 (lightest of the available cars by default) can still reach it. Kinda singles out the CLK-LM though since that's 1000kg if my memory serves me correctly.

Weight limit should be 750kg, no need to make some of the light cars worse than they already are. The Peugeot 905 is still slow even though it's so light, but its handling is great of course.

Besides, I think you can only add 100kg ballast.

Hey btw have you guys been having trouble logging in to PSN recently and GT5. Everytime i go on GT5 it says a connection to the server can not be found. Then i have to sign off and after several trys on again to make it work. And i cant get on PSN at all at the moment.

Weight limit should be 750kg, no need to make some of the light cars worse than they already are. The Peugeot 905 is still slow even though it's so light, but its handling is great of course.

Besides, I think you can only add 100kg ballast.

True that, it is pretty underpowered among the Group C cars and a couple of LMP's too. Thank god they got rid of the sloooooooooooow gearbox on it from GT4. It's a lot better now. And yeah, the handling is good on it. And always important! :sly:

Also, you can add up to 200kg of ballast onto your car.

Everytime I try to log into PSN I got an error saying I got signed out (flawed error as I was never logged in) and it pops up with 80710A06. Am I the only person. Also, the ID=2.0 is alot more common for me. Similar problem on GTA as well. Strange. Hope PSN gets fixed so I can get practice with online physics

EDIT: so its not just me. Its the whole damn world. Btw, PD should lift the trade limit and tell the hackers that if they stop then they will send the 20 carbon X2010 and loads of really expensive cars. I would happily give up hacking for 20 carbon X2010s. Then again. I can't hack.

Last edited:
Everytime I try to log into PSN I got an error saying I got signed out (flawed error as I was never logged in) and it pops up with 80710A06. Am I the only person. Also, the ID=2.0 is alot more common for me. Similar problem on GTA as well. Strange. Hope PSN gets fixed so I can get practice with online physics

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=201218

Don't worry, the rest of the world has been taken over by maintenance too. NOT HACKERS! :mad:

Back