GTP Le Mans Prototype Series - Season 3

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 1,230 comments

What 3 tracks would you like to see added? only vote for 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So is the limit 680hp? I wasn't able to get on last night :( I'll get on tonight and do some testing. I'll find out today if I'm leaving town this weekend and miss the preseason race.

Also bump drafting shouldn't be allowed in the race during the season, and penalty should be given if it happens. It gives a huge boost in speed (gave me a 30mph difference on the straight when we did it).

Speaking of testing...

I haven't done any. :scared: I've been concentrating a bit too much on tuning up some cars. Plus I've lost about 12,000,000 Cr. in doing so...oh, joy.

Err is bump drafting when two people give each other slipstream to catch up to the pack? Or is it the bumping that happens in NASCAR to help overtakes?

oh, and I was looking through all the details in the OP and noticed a "Drivers Reputaution System". Can I ask what this is as it doesn't have any writing next to it

Err is bump drafting when two people give each other slipstream to catch up to the pack? Or is it the bumping that happens in NASCAR to help overtakes?

oh, and I was looking through all the details in the OP and noticed a "Drivers Reputaution System". Can I ask what this is as it doesn't have any writing next to it

I guess it's something similar to the Super GT series use. If you do not show up for a race without giving a reason you get minuses and if you are penalized you will get negative reputation as well. My guess.

It could protect the series from having too many dirty drivers, sort of.

noo. bump dafting isnt allowed in any real races. dont make me have to write that in the rules too. :/

noo. bump dafting isnt allowed in any real races. dont make me have to write that in the rules too. :/

lol it was funny though.

But yeh it shouldn't be allowed. Not only is it quite dangerous but when bermuda bump drafted me we caught up to bombe by a second just down the straights so it would give a huge advantage if teammates or 2 guys decided to do it in the race.

Without a weight limit the cars were pretty even with each other yesterday. Driver experience led the charge. I agree, bump drafting allowed cars to catch up to the leaders too well.

What are you planning to make the weight limit? I'd say 900 is a good number since a majority of the LMPs are at that range and the 905 (lightest of the available cars by default) can still reach it. Kinda singles out the CLK-LM though since that's 1000kg if my memory serves me correctly.

Ummm 900 kg weight limit is a horrible idea, that will just make the slow cars even more slower. got to remember the light cars arnt the fastest (905 & 787), they need to be fully fine tuned to be able to stay with the pack. only thing the weight limit does is kill all the hard work u put in those cars to make them even with the rest of the cars and if the limit would be 900 everyone will pretty much be running for the 908 and totally ignore the lighter cars which r at a total disadvantage.

hey Bermuda what time are you guys racing on saturday? I ask because I might get home at around 2:30 or 3 pm est, will you still be on? I'll obv try my best to get there earlier, I've been looking forward to it all week, finals are killing me lol

Guys i was thinking about the audi r8 '01, just wondering why it had it be bann, yeh it was way faster than the rest but im sure a few ballast weight would of balanced it off, just a thought really, i could be wrong..

I had a lot of fun yesterday racing / fooling around . I liked the 680 hp limit . So plan for that HP limit. If you were thinking about driving a group c car please drive it so I can see how they are affected. I not sure about the weight limits now. but I'm not going to change the lower weight cars much.

I'm also creating a custom track for all of us to test the lmp's. It will be our " TG Test Track " and be my new way to sort out different regulations and car performance. Once it's done it will be in my shared tracks and I want you all to try it and get some lap times.

Err is bump drafting when two people give each other slipstream to catch up to the pack?

When two drivers love each other very much, sometimes one driver lets the other driver give him a good bang in the rear to achieve higher top speeds for the pair.

Guys i was thinking about the audi r8 '01, just wondering why it had it be bann, yeh it was way faster than the rest but im sure a few ballast weight would of balanced it off, just a thought really, i could be wrong..

Weight ballast would be around 75kg or more according to my testing. Besides, no one wanted to use it anyway, maybe none of the new guys own one ;) It would be terrible to check if people was following the rules before every race.

I'm also creating a custom track for all of us to test the lmp's. It will be our " TG Test Track " and be my new way to sort out different regulations and car performance. Once it's done it will be in my shared tracks and I want you all to try it and get some lap times.

Then we should have our own lap record leaderboard ;) But good luck with the track, I never tried a single good track from the so-called editor. More like a generator.

Arghh stupid PSN still not working.:grumpy:

And apparently it could be down for the next two days as the "Anonymous vs Sony" battle goes on.

Last edited:
ok , the BK Test Track , I guess to do lap times we would all have to have the same car ????? We should all have the minolta

And apparently it could be down for the next two days as the "Anonymous vs Sony" battle goes on.

thats bull, i want to play later tonight...........................

oh well, im also going to invite you all the the group if you not in there arleady so we can post all our pics there and stuff. Any more ideas?

It could have been worse. It could have happened Saturday ;) Doubt it will last that long, so that's a way to find comfort, lol.

Maybe PSN will suddenly come back to life on Sunday as a surprise Easter celebration from Sony. Probably recommended by chocolate companies so that everyone with a PS3 stays in gobbing on chocolate on Sunday. We'll never now. Although it better get fixed. Then again because it is off I've played loads of games offline and finally finished GTA4 and MCLA so its not all that bad. Its just I'd rather be racing at my favourite race tracks than blasting through one of Rockstars enviroments :(

Maybe PSN will suddenly come back to life on Sunday as a surprise Easter celebration from Sony. Probably recommended by chocolate companies so that everyone with a PS3 stays in gobbing on chocolate on Sunday. We'll never now. Although it better get fixed. Then again because it is off I've played loads of games offline and finally finished GTA4 and MCLA so its not all that bad. Its just I'd rather be racing at my favourite race tracks than blasting through one of Rockstars enviroments :(

Yeh with PSN I've also improvised. Had a great run in my F1 2010 career mode for most of the day (finally starting to get that consistency with the DFGT). And for the last 20 minutes just now I've been blasting an XJ13 round the ring on GT5 also with my DFGT although for some reason can't get as used to it playing on GT5 compared to F1. Still was a lot of fun and at the end of the day what GT5 is made for. I highly doubt in my life I'm going to get an empty nurburgring with an XJ13. On the other hand in GT5 I can do it as much as I want and extremely close to the real thing. So it's the closest I'm going to get to it lol :)

I dont mean to barge in like this but i was wondering if any of you guys casually race these cars. I was looking for friends to race with my prototypes and everyone here seems a good fit to race with. I use a controller but i do pretty well with it. PSN Thisguy70, looking forwars to reponses

Yeh with PSN I've also improvised. Had a great run in my F1 2010 career mode for most of the day (finally starting to get that consistency with the DFGT). And for the last 20 minutes just now I've been blasting an XJ13 round the ring on GT5 also with my DFGT although for some reason can't get as used to it playing on GT5 compared to F1. Still was a lot of fun and at the end of the day what GT5 is made for. I highly doubt in my life I'm going to get an empty nurburgring with an XJ13. On the other hand in GT5 I can do it as much as I want and extremely close to the real thing. So it's the closest I'm going to get to it lol :)

I'm always at an empty Nurb' in my XJ13 👍

well with psn down, I was bored so tried to make a track.. excuse the stroke of the own ego on the name, lol.

2011-04-21180502.jpg

So bored in fact I did a Minolta race, then recorded the replay on my phone and am uploading it to youtube now, lol. Will be done uploading in like 20 minutes or so.

Its a pretty fast track, I made it as wide as possible. Might be to wide (to bring down speeds some). Its a 70-200mph track.. I was tracking it in about 1.54, but there is much room for improvement, probably at least a 1.45.

Heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6YLSCzLhw

Last edited:
I have made a new thread about an online triple crown with GTPlanet's race series. I will put the winners of this championship's Le Mans races on the board.:) You guys should check it out and see what other races you must win to be a Triple Crown holder.

This is excellent. We havent even started our third season and we are now recognised (by one guy at the moment) to be one of the ways of winning the triple crown of motorsport. Infact, without htis series, its impossible to get it.

But back to the important stuff. Tissimo, I see that the "Circuit of Tissimo" is coming well. I would download it but the hackers won't let me right now so hopefully they will be a bit kinder if we all say please...

tissimo
well with psn down, I was bored so tried to make a track.. excuse the stroke of the own ego on the name, lol.

So bored in fact I did a Minolta race, then recorded the replay on my phone and am uploading it to youtube now, lol. Will be done uploading in like 20 minutes or so.

Its a pretty fast track, I made it as wide as possible. Might be to wide (to bring down speeds some). Its a 70-200mph track.. I was tracking it in about 1.54, but there is much room for improvement, probably at least a 1.45.

Heres the video
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6YLSCzLhw">YouTube Link</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6YLSCzLhw

Looks like fun.

Oh good, becuase I still have my Minolta I won from like 3-4 months ago. Collecting dust, hasn't been driven....

Anyways on the Eifel curcuit thing. I just had to bring in a pic of some sort of the one I made like a month or two ago.

2mdh1et.png

The start line is on the straight on the right side. The straight that's after the wavy line down from the top of the track. Sorry, for some reason it doesn't have a marker and I don't feel like editing it. Plus I deleted GIMP. :grumpy:

But what do you think? Originally I made it for Super GT cars, mainly GT300 so I call it Grand 300. I'm not any of the lenghts and such of it but it's pretty long.

Back