GTP Le Mans Prototype Series - Season 3

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 1,230 comments

What 3 tracks would you like to see added? only vote for 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Then just kick everyone out but yourself - good solution, lol ;) But yeah, maybe create a new one, although there wasn't much to re-organize in the old one, it would be a good place to put the pics of the races so that they don't take up too much space in the Season 3 thread.

it wont let me kick anyone either........ says i dont have permission ??

Thats just great. If your video is right then we can deduce two things.
-One, Sony haven't heard of a 2011 calender yet
-Two, you guys will probably immediately start practising for the race at 7pm while me, being from Uk and thus different time zone will have to wait till sometime tomorrow ad start practising after gobbing a load of choclate.

Oh and a quick update on my F1 2010 career: Its useless compared to GT5 and I now drive an F10 in both games. God, I hope Sony get this fixed so I can enjoy GT5 with actual people. Plus I need just under 2 million credits as I'm gona buy a GT by Citroen road car and make it matte black.

Either way, race is postponed till next weekend guys, sorry( blame those lame hackers who think they are cool attacking sony) .. check back on the thread for more updates today.

Crap

@golfer: I'm in season 4 with red bull with vettel as my teammate. The development path is aggressive and as a result me and vettel are getting 1 - 2's every race lol. After I finsh this season though I'm going to start my career again with virgin and over 7 seasons build them up in to world championship contenders. Codemasters say you can do that so hopefully I can win titles with virgin :)

Crap

@golfer: I'm in season 4 with red bull with vettel as my teammate. The development path is aggressive and as a result me and vettel are getting 1 - 2's every race lol. After I finsh this season though I'm going to start my career again with virgin and over 7 seasons build them up in to world championship contenders. Codemasters say you can do that so hopefully I can win titles with virgin :)

what difficulty are you playing it on though? I've got it set to Expert now so its gona be solid. Me and Alonso make a useless pairing. I did to him what Schumi did to Ruebens at Hungary except with me, Alonso hit the wall. Flipped through the air like there was no gravity. Oh well, its like Hamilton and Alonso in McLaren. Season 4 and getting bored. Fuel is messed up for that game. The AI don't suffer.

Oh, and with the network off, I've opened up b-spec and K.Kobayashi is now driving at Tskuba for the next 4 hours. Leaving me very very bored because now I can't do ANYTHING on the PS3 and it's late in the evening (the race will finish about 5 mins before I go to bed)OK wtf I need help. What do I set the pit-in strength to? Because he just pit on lap 5 and is now last by half a lap? I'm retiring until tomorrow.

EDIT: he pit on lap 4 and is now pitting every single ******* lap I mean wtf is thinking. Every lap he gets fresh rubber and 1 litre of fuel!!!! WTF IS HE UP TO!!!!

I think he pits because his strenghts are used up - usually it should help to change driver, but if you don't have anymore drivers in the race it could be hard ;) Idk if there's another solution, check the B-spec section.

Waiting another week for the pre-season race... Too much. Oh well, I just hope there'll be some messing around in the mid-week then I'll be all right, lol ;)

He is a lvl 24 driver with pit-in strength set to 90%.... oh i that refers to the strength he has when he pits then I should set it to 0%.... oh **** hope I'm right. Doing Dream Car champ now so I can watch TV and earn Cr at the same time. Can't wait till the servers come up. Bombe, I'll be doing testing on Mon, Tues and Fri. The other days I'll be on in the evening due to school.

Ah well I am firing up F1 2010 like everyone else.

Progressed and finished my second career year, scoring one points finish with Lotus (note to humanity: don't sign with Lotus). Thankfully I got an offer from Toro Rosso, in some kind of pity move from the game programming to move me along, and I've managed 2 podiums before now heading to Catalunya. Lovin' Toro Rosso, and I might stick with them for the rest of my career and try to develop the car.

One thing that ticks me off: I do long race weekends, and only now figured out you have to pass an R&D test EACH OF THE THREE PRACTICE SESSIONS to get it. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. No wonder I wasn't getting many upgrades :P

I've also been playing F1 2010 lol. I'm in season 6 with Ferrari on expert difficulty. I was racing at Catalunya and had a horror race. I know the AI is messed up at some tracks. I qualified 7th. I span many times in the race and the highest I got was into 4th place. I eventually made too many mistakes and finished last by about 2 seconds lol. Onto Monaco now. For my final season I want to drive for either Renault, Mercedes or Red Bull. Then I will have my platinum trophy for F1 2010. :D

Too bad I don't have F1 2010. 👎

I'm trying to make a set-up for my Caterham, such a dream going around Nurburgring.

The AI is unbelievably messed up at Catalyuna. I mean, I did a 100% distance there. In quali, they were suddenly faster than my Virgin. Then in hte race, its was a disaster because they were faster but after the half way point, everybody would spin at turn 7/8. Always someone. Then you have to anvigate your way past. Saddly me and Button I think were a lap down. Int he end everyone but me and Button span and Liuzzi won the race as a result. I don't think he span. Although I do remember that Button took someone out when they span. Serves them right. Much faster but always spinning.

The AI is unbelievably messed up at Catalyuna. I mean, I did a 100% distance there. In quali, they were suddenly faster than my Virgin. Then in hte race, its was a disaster because they were faster but after the half way point, everybody would spin at turn 7/8. Always someone. Then you have to anvigate your way past. Saddly me and Button I think were a lap down. Int he end everyone but me and Button span and Liuzzi won the race as a result. I don't think he span. Although I do remember that Button took someone out when they span. Serves them right. Much faster but always spinning.

That is so true. I'll tell you something weird. I was coming up to turn 7/8 and Kubica was facing the wrong way and I crashed into him. So I used a flashback (oops) and what happens?, he spins again in the same place! I got around him this time though while he held up other people. Later on at the same corner Michael Schumacher tried a move up the inside on that very corner. Seriously WTF? He clipped his wheel with mine and span while I carried on. A bunch of other cars crashed into him and got held up. Within 2 laps they were back onto me.

can someone help me with my B-spec issue mentioned above? People on the b-spc forum are useless.

anyone own f1 2010 for pc? we can still play taht online. i have for both ps3 and pc and pc graphics make ps3 look like n64.

I'm in my first season with Lotus-Cosworth (started over PS3 no PC.) I got a 3rd in Bahrain with no driving aids and expert AI. Then in Australia I couldnt ger above 16th. Crazy.

Really weird stuff, its obvious there's no physics so they manually determine how much grip you have. Sort of like flipping a coin.

I'm in my first season with Lotus-Cosworth (started over PS3 no PC.) I got a 3rd in Bahrain with no driving aids and expert AI. Then in Australia I couldnt ger above 16th. Crazy.

Really weird stuff, its obvious there's no physics so they manually determine how much grip you have. Sort of like flipping a coin.

No difference in grip, the physics are obviously there otherwise it's impossible to drive.:lol:
The AI have huge problems at Bahrain especcially turn 4 and the 2010 only section. Generally the AI just aren't aggresive enough into the corners. It's just to easy.:(

No difference in grip, the physics are obviously there otherwise it's impossible to drive.:lol:
The AI have huge problems at Bahrain especcially turn 4 and the 2010 only section. Generally the AI just aren't aggresive enough into the corners. It's just to easy.:(

Sounds just like GT5 then :sly:

I haven't got any racers for PC as it's just a PC for school work and surfing - and of course some smaller games. It didn't like GRID when I loaned it, got sooo hot. That's why I just stick with the PS3 for racing. But at the moment, no races are being run. Can't even grind with that Capuccino RM, it's annoying.

And tomorrow I didn't even plan to race because of Liège-Bastogne-Liège, but maybe I find some time if the network is online again. I have to find out which car is the best all-rounder of the MINOLTA and the Courage with the expected regulations. I suspect the Toyota to be faster, but you never know.

You really have to wonder why game companies don't crowdsource the AI lines for their racing games these days. Surely the development team could assemble a small testing group of drivers of several different skill levels, and then use their combined data from 100s of hotlaps to assemble the AI lines for the computer.

~

The thing that ticks me off about the physics in F1 2010 is that there is no gradual loss of grip at all. The car will either stick to the track, or it will snap and oversteer, requiring a quick tap on the brake pedal and countersteer to correct and return to full grip. And the little snap of the wheel to counter and tap on the brake seems to work 99% of the time as well.

I'm driving Catalunya in the Lotus on expert. I'm in 14th, I have a line of 9 cars behind me within 2 seconds. The 13the place car is 5 seconds ahead. I feel like a a slow camper van on the 2 lane highway to Canada.

The thing that ticks me off about the physics in F1 2010 is that there is no gradual loss of grip at all. The car will either stick to the track, or it will snap and oversteer, requiring a quick tap on the brake pedal and countersteer to correct and return to full grip. And the little snap of the wheel to counter and tap on the brake seems to work 99% of the time as well.

Yeah, I was doing a 29 lap race earlier and I did the first 19 on hards. So as in real life my lap times kept getting faster and faster because of fuel, but, they were faster on the 19th lap as well. It's not critical but it's pretty heavy wear. I'm pretty sure that in real life the tire wear would out-weigh the fuel loss, like in Canada last year where it was obvious. I mean what's the point of changing from soft to hard if soft would keep going faster right until critical point?

I'm pretty sure that in real life the tire wear would out-weigh the fuel loss, like in Canada last year where it was obvious. I mean what's the point of changing from soft to hard if soft would keep going faster right until critical point?
In real life the other cars dont shoot ahead in sector 2 at Catalunya like they've been shot out of a cannon, or "tractor beamed" by a space ship. Also IRL, you can feel the car progressively loosing grip, and you can correct slides by using steering and throttle. In this game you cant turn around because the steering lock is 90 degrees, and you correct slides with the brakes. :ouch:

Progressed and finished my second career year, scoring one points finish with Lotus (note to humanity: don't sign with Lotus). Thankfully I got an offer from Toro Rosso, in some kind of pity move from the game programming to move me along, and I've managed 2 podiums before now heading to Catalunya. Lovin' Toro Rosso, and I might stick with them for the rest of my career and try to develop the car.

:D:tup:

I started my career again with Toro Rosso (only put it to 5 seasons) but I haven't actually started it yet.

I haven't got any racers for PC as it's just a PC for school work and surfing - and of course some smaller games.

Same story here with me mate. When I tried to put Microsoft Flight Simulator on mine it really messed up...and it did the same with Football Manager 2009 too I think. Had to get Steam for that but it still was really hot. And my F1 2010 is on PS3 guys.

Back