GTP Le Mans Prototype Series - Season 3

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 1,230 comments

What 3 tracks would you like to see added? only vote for 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm on your side Jamman. F1 2010 = great game of 2010. The best? Ha you must be having a laugh. GT5 beats it but the game was superb and I love it. Thumbs up if you love the Korea circuit!!

Also, I just searched "Playstation Network" in google. Predictably there is lots about the outages. A source at Playstation Universe said you can expect servers in Japan on monday and EU and US servers on tuesday. Lets look on the bright side here, we all progressed in our F1 2010 careers and are now better people because of it. Somehow.

Oh, and two things F1 2010 does way better than GT5 ever will do. 1. damage, 2. consistency with the physics, regardless of what you think of them.

3. Weather (is good on GT5 but looks like pixelated pieces of stuff) 4. Fun
The only fun I have on GT5 now is with you guys in the series to either practice or race.

GT5 = Realistic
F1 2010 = Fun

I'm going on holiday as I've already said tomorrow till Friday so as a result the next time I drive will be the pre season race next Saturday. Let's hope I don't rust up too much lol.

@Jamman - Where are you going if you don't mind me asking?

Anyway back to F1 2010. I was doing a career race at Monaco today. In qualifying, on my outlap I saw Alonso facing the wrong way lol. In exactly the same place he crashed last year in FP3. He was top of the timesheets until on the very lasy lap I snatched pole by 1.5 seconds in heavy rain. In the race I was really slow in the dry. I held everyone up but after the pitstops, I eventually finished in 6th just behind Alonso.

Can somebody put my name down on the
list. I dont know how to. I see some lunatic is setting up a 24hr La mans race.

If we still do a pre season race, our season finally at Le Sarthe will be on the actuall 24 hours of Le mans. If I looked at the calander right. What about going a little longer of a race? Any thoughts?

If we still do a pre season race, our season finally at Le Sarthe will be on the actuall 24 hours of Le mans. If I looked at the calander right. What about going a little longer of a race? Any thoughts?

Yep, just checked and by the time our finale is set the Le Mans IRL should have been in progress for a couple of hours. I don't usually watch too much Le Mans and when I do it's probably when it's dark or at the end of the race.

If the Finale is going to be longer I don't think everyone can finish it, definately depends on how much longer you are suggesting if I can ;)

1. Should we move the last five pages into the F1 2010 forum on GTplanet beacsue it sure hasn't been about GT5
No, there's no reason to. We are commiserating PSN being down and discussing alternatives to gong crazy with other people in the GTP Le Mans series. I really don't care to talk about it with the rest of the forum.

No...

Please try and stay on topic, guys.

This isn't the F1 2010 thread. We have a dedicated forum for that here.

;)

I understand the forum rules, but you have to understand that this thread is also general discussion for the community of the GTP Le Mans Series.

If the PSN is down, if someone has an opinion on something, if someone wants to show their racing seutp to other members, if , we want to discuss it and share it with the other drivers of the series, which is this thread. :)

@Jamman - Where are you going if you don't mind me asking?

Anyway back to F1 2010. I was doing a career race at Monaco today. In qualifying, on my outlap I saw Alonso facing the wrong way lol. In exactly the same place he crashed last year in FP3. He was top of the timesheets until on the very lasy lap I snatched pole by 1.5 seconds in heavy rain. In the race I was really slow in the dry. I held everyone up but after the pitstops, I eventually finished in 6th just behind Alonso.

Not abroad. Center parcs. I think it's only a British thing so I doubt anyone out of UK has heard of it. I'm guessing you've heard of it.

I understand the forum rules, but you have to understand that this thread is also general discussion for the community of the GTP Le Mans Series.

*sigh*

You obviously don't understand the forum rules.

This is the GT5 Online Racing Forum. You cannot discuss anything you please. If it isn't related to online racing, or this Prototype Series, it does NOT belong here.

This isn't rocket science.

If the PSN is down, if someone has an opinion on something, if someone wants to show their racing seutp to other members, if , we want to discuss it and share it with the other drivers of the series, which is this thread. :)

No, it's not.

We have threads for showing your racing setup. We have threads for general opinions (Rumble Strip mostly).

If we let everyone discuss any random topic in every thread, it would be chaos around here. There needs to be some organization to keep this site tidy, and make it easy on people trying to find information.

If you don't have anything relevant to post in this thread, don't post. Simple as that.

;)

Whats the status of choosing cars. I wanna know my car so i can have enough time to go buy it before the race.

We should start being careful now before the moderators for the site start to impose sanctions. By the way bombe, here is the link, its towards the end.http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2384214,00.asp
O hand I found a recurring theme between F1 2010 and GT5. Fuel loads are wrong in both. We know from our series data that 100 litres (should be 250 litres in the F10 tut tut PD) slows you down by around 3 or 4 tenths a second. Unusually light fuel. Not very dense. I'm sure real life race teams would like the PD fuel recipe. In F1 2010, the fuel load is only added to your car. Meaning you are very heavy at the start while AI fly past. Hmm what if CM and PD joined up to make GT6 with the F1 license? that can only end well.

guys, if we make a social group then can't we chat privately?

I played a bit of F1 2010 in the beginning of the week. But after my copy if portal 2 arrived been busty with that. Going to have lots of practice to catch up with when psn finally gets back online.

Good thing we have a pushy non participant in the thread now, it was getting tiresome just talking about what we wanted. Thanks Big Brother.

Good thing we have a pushy non participant in the thread now, it was getting tiresome just talking about what we wanted. Thanks Big Brother.

Why is it so hard to understand that you cannot talk about anything you want in any thread you choose? This is the GT5 Online Racing forum. How many times do I have to say it?

Some of your other members seem to grasp this and have even suggested to the rest of the team to stay on topic. Others have just ignored the off-topic discussions and have tried over and over to get the discussion back on topic.

I strongly suggest you stay on topic. There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to achieve this...

since when does this thread have a mod?

Every thread is viewed by moderators. Not much point to us being here if we didn't. If you can stay on topic, you will never know I'm here. The fact that I have been present should tip you off that something is wrong, and needs to be addressed.

;)

This is so frustrating. For the little time that i actually do spend on Gt5 i cant go online. What a pain...

Anyways...................... everyone just keep practicing in A spec. :lol: :rolleyes:

Can you guys post what LMP1 / Group C you think you might drive. i was keeping track in my head but i kind of forgot everyone now .

if their are more than 4 people wanting the same car, I will come up with a way to sort out which 4 get them. So just post what car you WANTto drive so i can get an idea.

This list isnt final & you can change anytime before the first race , i just need an idea

follow the format

1. Bermudakid - Speed 8, BMW V12 or Audi R8 '05 ( I'm undecided )

2. Tissimo & razor70 - Mazda 787B - Team Wankel

3. Blaze_409- Toyota Gt-One

4. MikeTheHockeyFan - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total

Is anyone besides me convinced that its going to be nearly impossible to run any sort of online race that goes longer than an hour and a half? With people quitting and disconnects and even planning that slot of time just to play online.

5.jml1010 & EliteDreamer or daibaspeed sorry not sure which one - sauber mercedes - MERC-Enaries

Is anyone besides me convinced that its going to be nearly impossible to run any sort of online race that goes longer than an hour and a half? With people quitting and disconnects and even planning that slot of time just to play online.

Ya your right, thats reality, not with a large grid any ways.

Yeah I think it would be very hard to justify an online race longer than that.

5.jml1010 & EliteDreamer or daibaspeed sorry not sure which one - sauber mercedes - MERC-Enaries
6. AllinWitJT & Mike46and2- Audi R8 05' - R.E. Racing

bermudakid

Yes.

I love LMP racing, so this is awesome to see a season based on it.

I was wondering, do you save the recording of the races and put them up to be watched?

can it be a requirement to finish the race. i know some people will say that they had to leave but i somehow doubt theyd have to leave if they were in 1st place with 5 laps to go

can it be a requirement to finish the race. i know some people will say that they had to leave but i somehow doubt theyd have to leave if they were in 1st place with 5 laps to go

well i can say you have to finish.................. but if people are going to leave, then people gonna leave. All i can do is not allow someone to race again.

Most of the people who race once and quit, you never see them on hear again anyway.

Side Note: is their any footage or broadcast of todays test day at lemans????? the New R18 was like a tenth fastest than the 908's but i still wanna see some vids.

Back