GTP Le Mans Prototype Series - Season 3

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 1,230 comments

What 3 tracks would you like to see added? only vote for 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well since only 2 are interested in the GT-One. Blaze_409 and Jamman will be a team.

Congrats :gtpflag:

You are forgetting Rich S ;) His post wasn't copied though, so there are still three guys in the GT-ONE atm.

The GT-One for mee of course.

R8 Oreca: Mike46 & Allin
MINOLTA: Bombe
908 Oreca: MU & Ghova (Johny)
908 Total: Mike & Jake
Hybride: Golfer & (AS if he's in)
GT-ONE: Rich S & Jamman
GT-ONE: Blaze
787B: Razor & Tissimo

C9 Sauber: Daiba & JML
Bentley: Maverick & (BK?)

Unknown / undecided
Page, Nashy, Jav, C-Zeta

EDIT again: Already there are 3 too many (19, counting C-Zeta).

Last edited:
Yep 3 GT ones. If C-zeta declines your offer bombe maybe you could hop in to a GT one and be my teammate? Cause I thought I heard Rich say he'll go with blaze earlier on. Or maybe vise versa and I could use the minolta but preferable I like the GT one :)

How could anyone resist to be my team mate? Lol ;) We'll find out later, but I'm sure there will be eight teams this season and very few guys who doesn't show up compared to last season.

I think there's going to be a fight over who's the reserves and who's part of the "real" roster. So far it looks like three guys will have to be reserves, but almost everyone has a team mate...

Daytona pre-season race is going to be 30 April, right? Just checking.

Well there will be 16 people in the lounge so it's even number so positivity thinking everyone should be in a team but we will see.

It's shaping up to be a great team battle this season though. BK and maverick, golfer and AS, Ghova and MU, Mike and Jake etc. Lot of great teams. I want to be in on the action lol. Will make a change from the dominating days of AS and bombe together :D

Well there will be 16 people in the lounge so it's even number so positivity thinking everyone should be in a team but we will see.

It's shaping up to be a great team battle this season though. BK and maverick, golfer and AS, Ghova and MU, Mike and Jake etc. Lot of great teams. I want to be in on the action lol. Will make a change from the dominating days of AS and bombe together :D

It could potentially continue, lol, just not on the same team ;)

To be honest I think the Peugeot guys are going to be the best teams. Maybe a MINOLTA team if I have some luck :sly:

And may I just add, nobody has said anything about Mav and BK being a team yet, I was just guessing since Mav is using the Bentley and BK maybe will use the Bentley :)

I'll be your teammate if u want BK, i prefer the speed 8 but i'll go with whatever you want

It could potentially continue, lol, just not on the same team ;)

To be honest I think the Peugeot guys are going to be the best teams. Maybe a MINOLTA team if I have some luck :sly:

And may I just add, nobody has said anything about Mav and BK being a team yet, I was just guessing since Mav is using the Bentley and BK maybe will use the Bentley :)

That's proof surely :)
As I say though bombe. If C-zeta declines i wanna be next on the list to be your teamate lol. Not that I think he will.

The team racing should be good but it is a question about how we decide o the teams. I suggest we use what we have at the moment with full teams and then for new people to the series we could do what the super GT guys do and run a race where everyone uses the same car with the same regulations and the people the race host watches the race and the fastest drivers get in to the series and the slowest are entered onto a reserve list. When I drove in a Super GT Euro series (I signed up, ran the qualifier, missed a race, did a test session and then left the series) my team mate missed a race without warning and then failed the quali after it became stricter so I had no team mate. I wasn't happy.

I wish we were racing F1 cars instead of prototypes. If only I could get this much enthusiasm for F1 racing.

I'm assuming on i racing its not popular either since its so expensive to take the licensing that far for the Williams. :(

we could do what the super GT guys do and run a race where everyone uses the same car with the same regulations and the people the race host watches the race and the fastest drivers get in to the series and the slowest are entered onto a reserve list.
I dont think its necessary. What is there, like 24 or something. Probably 30% atleast wont show. Then again, I dont care all that much. As long as the quali date and time was posted and fixed very clearly, and everyone was given a fair opportunity to enter.

Why not find find a few more teams and run 32 spots, with some sort of a point system?
I never liked race series that professed to have 40 active members, but only 16 make it into every race.

I believe you should reward people who drive clean, show up regularly, and who have been in the series for a season or two already, instead of registering a huge group of drivers who will only show up 60% of the time.

I wish we were racing F1 cars instead of prototypes. If only I could get this much enthusiasm for F1 racing.

I'm assuming on i racing its not popular either since its so expensive to take the licensing that far for the Williams. :(
I've wanted to get an open-wheel series for GT5 underway for a long time, but the interest just doesn't seem to be there.

Something with the Formula GT cars so we could have different liveries/teams, and some fun open wheel tracks like Laguna Seca.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mike, I was wondering, have you done any offline testing at Laguna or Suzuka? Or Grand Valley? Just wondering how we compare on times. I was able to run pretty consistent mid 1'13s at Laguna which I felt decent about. Suzuka I was slow at high 1'47's, and Grand Valley a little slower than Bombe at 1'38's, but I only made 2 laps there lol.

Hey Mike, I was wondering, have you done any offline testing at Laguna or Suzuka? Or Grand Valley? Just wondering how we compare on times. I was able to run pretty consistent mid 1'13s at Laguna which I felt decent about. Suzuka I was slow at high 1'47's, and Grand Valley a little slower than Bombe at 1'38's, but I only made 2 laps there lol.
I'm waiting for PSN to come back before I do any testing. I usually setup a My Lounge and do the testing there.

I don't really want to goof around offline knowing it's got different physics. Wish I could get telemetry data in My Lounge, though :(

I've been neglecting this topic... or really the internet at all. Well anyways now that I'm back. I see conflict... moderators and F1... teamates are lost... but anyways,

I've been wanting to practice, but as someone said online physics are different, which I didn't know and I did notice driving is strange, I'll just wait 'till online is back up. But for now I'm playing with my new McLaren F1. 👍

Yeah actually, like EliteDreamer said I haven't actually got any online physics practice in these cars. Haven't tested out bombe's settings yet that he gave me, but if he wants to be one of the top teams...that might be a bit of a problem with me onboard. :lol: I'm not brilliant at all compared to most drivers on here, though I consider myself an average DS3 driver.

Yeah actually, like EliteDreamer said I haven't actually got any online physics practice in these cars. Haven't tested out bombe's settings yet that he gave me, but if he wants to be one of the top teams...that might be a bit of a problem with me onboard. :lol: I'm not brilliant at all compared to most drivers on here, though I consider myself an average DS3 driver.

just like me and AS inthe Pesky. A drivers champion, multiple race winner, and favourite for a series win after Mav, and then there is AS too. Nah jk. But AS i definately alot better than I am. The Pesky is FAST its just I make little silly mistakes

Yea, I've avoided using my 787B offline, and been testing GT cars for another series offline. But mostly avoided the game all together though, its boring a-spec. :(

Tissimo, btw, aren't you missing something in that 787B tune in the sig? I couldn't get the gear ratios to fit, so perhaps the set top speed should be included in it?

Yea, I've avoided using my 787B offline, and been testing GT cars for another series offline. But mostly avoided the game all together though, its boring a-spec. :(

A-spec is quite dull. I got rid of Shift 2 and got portal.

well, now we commence day six of the outages. Come on Sony. I'll give you a cookie.

i bet it will be down for a few more days :irked:

Yea. i missed the 3rd driver who said they were in the GT-One

bombe32
Tissimo, btw, aren't you missing something in that 787B tune in the sig? I couldn't get the gear ratios to fit, so perhaps the set top speed should be included in it?

I'll add it even I get home. Usually, you'll have to add .5 to the final drive, set to speed to like 260 to get the ratio numbers available. Then once you shorten(lengthen 1 & 2 shorten 3,4,5,6) the gears take the .5 back out of the final drive to increase the top speed back to where you need. Use final drive to adjust the speed.

Really wish they would make it so you can most plug in numbers, rather then the slider bar.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of maybe adding another pre season race. We have been out of practice and I don't even know how to drive any more :lol:

OK, I've done some testing with the 6 cars I've had and used some of the setups around here on them. The cars allowed here that I have are the R10 (Stealth), 787B (Stealth), the 905, both 908s and the Minolta. I took all of these cars around for a test at Road Course Daytona and here are the results. Keep in mind these are offline physics so the results might not transfer to the actual races.

6. 908 Oreca Matmut - 1:37.179
Clearly there wasn't much point to this since both seats are already taken but it was worth a try anyway. However after this test I cannot see how the 908 is so popular with you guys. I'm supposing you know the 908 is better with online physics but here it just didn't feel good at all through the corners. However it hit the fastest speed down the back straight - managed to get it to 207 mph.

5. 908 Peugeot Total - 1:36.107
Also was largely out of the question, but the results were the same as the Oreca Matmut, but my best lap somehow managed to be a whole second faster than it was with the Matmut. Still slower than anything else though.

4. R10 TDI Stealth Model - 1:35.893
This one is probably the hardest to get through the corners actually, but it somehow still managed to beat both the 908s. I wasn't really happy with the setup, it doesn't feel very good when braking at high speed, as I found out at the first corner.

3. 787B Stealth Model - 1:35.044
Quite a lot better than the R10 but still not completely perfect. It sometimes skidded in the corners but overall it wasn't all that bad.

2. 905 Race Car - 1:35.021
This was a surprise. The 905 is by far and away the easiest of the cars to drive. My second best lap in this was IDENTICAL :eek: to the best I set in the 787B but then I set a thunderous lap to beat it by just 2 hundredths.

1. Minolta Toyota 88C-V - 1:34.292
By far and away the clear winner, but it certainly didn't feel like it. It feels really shaky through the corners, but probably the winning factor for this car is its simply stonking acceleration. I don't know how it will do online but its so much faster than any of the others it'll probably trounce them all anyhow.

So...

1. Bermudakid - Speed 8, BMW V12 or Audi R8 '05 ( I'm undecided )
2. Tissimo & razor70 - Mazda 787B - Team Wankel
3. Blaze_409 & mustardaddict Toyota Gt-One - Team Toyota
4. MikeTheHockeyFan - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total
5.jml1010 & EliteDreamer or daibaspeed sorry not sure which one - sauber mercedes - MERC-Enaries
6. AllinWitJT & Mike46and2- Audi R8 05' - R.E. Racing
7. mu675 & GTP_Johny 908 Oreca Matmut / Autonomy Racing
8. bombe32 & C-ZETA - Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V (BMW and Courage can be in the race too, but I need online physics to test them out!)
9.GT5_X2010 & MC CAULEY - Pescarolo C60 Hybride (team name unkown)
10. Jamman48 - Toyota GT one - Team GT bull Japan (if anyone else is using a GT one possibly?)
11. A7XMaverick - Speed 8

Please no, lol, I'm excited to get the party started.

Me too, I say we just do the pre-season race this Saturday (hopefully the PSN is up by then), almost all teams are founded and all spots are taken. Let's get started 👍

OK, I've done some testing with the 6 cars I've had and used some of the setups around here on them. The cars allowed here that I have are the R10 (Stealth), 787B (Stealth), the 905, both 908s and the Minolta. I took all of these cars around for a test at Road Course Daytona and here are the results. Keep in mind these are offline physics so the results might not transfer to the actual races.

1. Minolta Toyota 88C-V - 1:34.292
By far and away the clear winner, but it certainly didn't feel like it. It feels really shaky through the corners, but probably the winning factor for this car is its simply stonking acceleration. I don't know how it will do online but its so much faster than any of the others it'll probably trounce them all anyhow.

So...

1. Bermudakid - Speed 8, BMW V12 or Audi R8 '05 ( I'm undecided )
2. Tissimo & razor70 - Mazda 787B - Team Wankel
3. Blaze_409 & mustardaddict Toyota Gt-One - Team Toyota
4. MikeTheHockeyFan - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total
5.jml1010 & EliteDreamer or daibaspeed sorry not sure which one - sauber mercedes - MERC-Enaries
6. AllinWitJT & Mike46and2- Audi R8 05' - R.E. Racing
7. mu675 & GTP_Johny 908 Oreca Matmut / Autonomy Racing
8. bombe32 & C-ZETA - Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V
9.GT5_X2010 & MC CAULEY - Pescarolo C60 Hybride (team name unkown)
10. Jamman48 - Toyota GT one - Team GT bull Japan (if anyone else is using a GT one possibly?)
11. A7XMaverick - Speed 8

I knew it, lol. The MINOLTA is great, but I'm sure that the setup for it can be optimized.

What team name should me and AS use? I don't want to re-use The Raceists and Pescarolo Sports is too generic because is Henri's actual team name (Henri Pescarolo)

Back