GTP Le Mans Prototype Series - Season 3

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 1,230 comments

What 3 tracks would you like to see added? only vote for 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey all. Controller users should be aware that when they straighten out from a turn or correct their line the cars move a lot more than it seems. So to a controller user, what may only be a correction, is really a glitchy move over and/or a bump. Now let's not say I don't bump. I do, not on purpose, but it is inevitable. However, when a controller is in use the cars knock or click into place as the wheels turn so drastically. This is obvious when watching replays. I was on a controller up to GT4 so I know about it first hand as well. I'm only bringing this up because during some of the pre-races I was knocked onto the grass a few times by the controller move.

So Bermuda. Do you think we will have penalties off? If so, the controller issue would be more of a problem if your a victim. Drivers be warned. I don't really think penalties turned on make for a better race as they are so inconsistent and really do not minimize corner cutting cheaters. It's nice to have the risk of getting knocked off track with penalties being disabled, it tends to cause drivers to be more cautious.

I'm not bagging controller users. If anything this post is meant to minimize the thought of those that do get hit that it was an intentional hit. I thought I was getting hit on purpose until I watched some replays and realized I was getting bumped by controller users.

If your curious to see this controller user error, please visit the replay on Nurburgring GP/F in Season 2 and observe the Sauber C9.
By the way, which controls did you use? D-Pad or L3? I use the knobby thing. I'd get a steering wheel, but I don't have that kind of money. (Only have 5 USD)

No ASM eh? I'll check this out and see what's up, and I haven't even bothered with controller sensitivty, that might be good to.

By the way, since bombe shared his driving experience, how much driving experience do you have? In gaming terms that is...

I started really driving when Gran Turismo 1 came out. 1999? So I would be 3 or 4. :)

Hey all. Controller users should be aware that when they straighten out from a turn or correct their line the cars move a lot more than it seems. So to a controller user, what may only be a correction, is really a glitchy move over and/or a bump..
Yeah I hate that. Can always tell the controller users apart, no smoothness too it at all. Thats probably alot of the lap time diff.... Not that I am "controller-ist" racist against controllers. I am equal opportunity.

We probably won't even be able to log on when PSN is running again because the hackers will have us all set to living in Australia and our passwords will be stuff we never knew. Although, I have 5 activated accoounts so there is little way that the hackers can cheat me. I'll just change my password when it comes up.

We probably won't even be able to log on when PSN is running again because the hackers will have us all set to living in Australia and our passwords will be stuff we never knew. Although, I have 5 activated accoounts so there is little way that the hackers can cheat me. I'll just change my password when it comes up.
Out of 77 million people it would be damn unlucky. :sly:
paginas uses a controller. and hes wicked fast. and also a homme
Yeah starking7 said he could get within 1.5 secs a lap of his wheel time in the X2010 with a controller. So I dont know. Some people can pull it off, some are terrifyingly bad and cant.

paginas uses a controller. and hes wicked fast. and also a homme

He's got his DFGT now. I don't know if he's fully using it yet though. Either way one things for sure. He is a homme.

Speaking of which I remember when Johny grassed me up with Paginas last Wednesday (the last time PSN worked) when we were racing. I've not forgotten that Johny:lol:

Yeah some controller drivers seem to forget the LMPs have to be coaxed gently out of the corners once you get past a certain RPM or the rear steps out. You can just short-shift or be gentle with the accelerator like an F1 car.

I have no idea how anyone could possibly still be driving with the D-pad and X/[] buttons. I prefer using Right Stick as the gas/brake so you can apply power smoothly.

I use the R2 and L2 for throttle and brake and automatic gear shifting, as I fins it too clumsy to shift on the DS3. But I can too have the problems you are referring to, but others have bigger problems controlling their cars than I do so I don't complain.

Looks like we are not getting PSN back soon. They said it will be back up within a week so im assuming it wont be back for at least 2.

Keep practicing i guess. my ps3 is now collecting dust until psn is back up.

Pre-Season Un-official List

1. Bermudakid - Speed 8 | (insert cool name here)
2. A7XMaverick - Speed 8 | (insert cool name here)
3. Tissimo Mazda 787B | Team Wankel
4. razor70 - Mazda 787B | Team Wankel
5. MikeTheHockeyFan - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP | Team Peugeot Total
6. jakegirard - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP | Team Peugeot Total
7. AllinWitJT - Audi R8 05' - R.E. Racing
8. Mike46and2 - Audi R8 05' - R.E. Racing
9. mu675 - 908 Oreca Matmut - Autonomy Racing
10. GTP_Johny - 908 Oreca Matmut | Autonomy Racing
11. bombe32 - Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V | (insert cool name here)
12. C-ZETA - Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V | (insert cool name here)
13.GT5_X2010 - Pescarolo C60 Hybride | (insert cool name here)
14. MC CAULEY - Pescarolo C60 Hybride | (insert cool name here)
15. Jamman48 - Toyota GT one | GT bull Japan
16. Blaze_409 - Toyota GT one | GT bull Japan
17. Rich S -Toyota GT One |
18. jml1010 - Merc Sauber C9 | MERC-Enaries
19. daibaspeed - Merc Sauber C9 | MERC-Enaries

Havent posted yet?
Paginas1
Nashy_027
Jav
DCerinza
mlc3

Dropped Out.

VRracingfan

i remember reading someone said they would drive the 905..???

If i missed you just post so i can add you. If we stay under 20 drivers we should be ok because usually only 12-13 drivers are there on race day, So 4 Reserves should fill the 16 slots. if we get more than that maybe i will create another race time.

Last edited:
I think I'm the only person here glad that PSN is not up. I'm not missing out on any practice time while on vacation :cool:

But no I hope PSN is up soon for you guys to practice. Hopefully it's back up by weekend :nervous:

I don't know lol. Just clearing things up.

EDIT: I'm going now to watch Real Madrid vs Barcelona. HALA MADRID!

When you put Real Madrid I thoug you were going to go and look at the real life version of GT5s Madrid track. Then I remembered that there is this sport (not as good as racing) called football and that they play tonight.

Hmm, looking at the official drivers list, we have a list of people who have previously been very reliable at turning up. Rich, I know from the Ferrari F1 series is reliable and then everyone else seems to be from the previous season(s), minus the new comers so it looks like we are on track for 6 races of 16 cars. Should be good. Lets just hope season 4 doesn't have as much of an interest increase as 3 did or we will end up with 30 odd signed up drivers

I don't know lol. Just clearing things up.

EDIT: I'm going now to watch Real Madrid vs Barcelona. HALA MADRID!

Madrid have just gone down to 10 men. I don't know who to support. I prefer Barcelona to Madrid (hate the way they just try to buy success) but I do think Man Utd will have a better chance in the final against Madrid so I'm torn :).
Either way Man Utd as long as we are in the final and beat those Germans in the semis I think we have a good chance whoever we face.

Real Madrid have José Mouirnho, 'nuff said ;) He's the best.

Man Utd: They are good, but I can't support them when I'm a Liverpool-fan. Not much to cheer of then, but that's better than supporting the Devils!

Barcelona ahead... oh my, well, what can you expect...

Real Madrid have José Mouirnho, 'nuff said ;) He's the best.

Man Utd: They are good, but I can't support them when I'm a Liverpool-fan. Not much to cheer of then, but that's better than supporting the Devils!

Barcelona ahead... oh my, well, what can you expect...

2 - 0 to Barcelona. And on away goals. Surely MU can't now think ronaldo's still better than Messi :P Mourinho is going to come to united when fergie retires. He's always said that he wants to return to England and he's always said he admires United.

Btw: Is football popular in Denmark bombe? Or is it just you lol?

2 - 0 to Barcelona. And on away goals. Surely MU can't now think ronaldo's still better than Messi :P
Mourinho is going to come to united when fergie retires. He's always said that he wants to return to England and he's always said he admires United.
Btw: Is football popular in Denmark bombe? Or is it just you lol?

Your right there lol. Just finished now. I wanted to see Ronaldo play against Man Utd again but oh well. I'd rather United win it. **** Barcelona. Ronaldo can beat Messi in a fist fight, it has nothing to do with football though. Why oh why did Mourinho not play Kaka, Benzema or the awesome Higuain is beyond me.

It's the biggest sport in our country! We even had a team in the knockout stage of the Champions League this season knocked out by Chelsea. First time it ever happened.

Having said that our league sucks, so we follow the English Premier League primarily, also the Spanish. And of course the European tournaments.

Your right there lol. Just finished now. I wanted to see Ronaldo play against Man Utd again but oh well. I'd rather United win it. **** Barcelona. Ronaldo can beat Messi in a fist fight, it has nothing to do with football though. Why oh why did Mourinho not play Kaka, Benzema or the awesome Higuain is beyond me.

Well obviously you'd rather united win it. You support them :P
It's not over yet but I doubt Madrid will score even one goal against Barcelona at Nou Camp.

It's the biggest sport in our country! We even had a team in the knockout stage of the Champions League this season knocked out by Chelsea. First time it ever happened.

Having said that our league sucks, so we follow the English Premier League primarily, also the Spanish. And of course the European tournaments.

I would have never known that if you didn't tell me. I knew football was quite popular across Europe. I hate Chelsea cause they are arch rivals for united in the premier league title and they are a bit like Madrid. They try to buy success. Denmark have got a pretty good International team. England's team suck as the whole world saw last year.

England's team suck as the whole world saw last year.

THAT was a massive fail last year. All the hype as in every world cup and obviously England were going to suck. Fabio Capello does not know what he's doing, seriously, no Walcott but Heskey was there. I mean come on!

THAT was a massive fail last year. All the hype as in every world cup and obviously England were going to suck. Fabio Capello does not know what he's doing, seriously, no Walcott but Heskey was there. I mean come on!

Lol Heskey's scored less goals as a striker than most defenders. And Capello brought him on as lead striker halfway through the second half. And got thrashed 4 - 1 by those Germans. Although that linesman didn't help . . .

But we are getting our revenge in club football against Schalke this week lol.

Hmm, now we went off-topic again. Hello to you, Delphic Reason, and sorry!

I don't think the PSN will be up this weekend either, so the pre-season race must be postponed until the... 7th May?

Schalke are probably my favorite German team actually. It would be much better if we were smashing Bayern for revenge from last year. :grumpy: But they got beaten by Inter who in turn got beaten by Schalke. So...yeah.

And I was worried about off topicness too. Got tree'd before I could say it though :embarrassed:

Lol Heskey's scored less goals as a striker than most defenders. And Capello brought him on as lead striker halfway through the second half. And got thrashed 4 - 1 by those Germans. Although that linesman didn't help . . .

Man Utd, Barca in the final then. If our players are on form, especially Rooney, I think we can seriously win it. I think we have gone off topic again.

*waits for moderator to tell us off*

EDIT: He did. :P

Back