GTP Le Mans Prototype Series - Season 3

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 1,230 comments

What 3 tracks would you like to see added? only vote for 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol I knew it was only a matter of time. Sorry Delphic

Anywayyyyyy is this now the thread we will use for the racing when it starts. The thread title originally said Interest and ideas. Now it just says season 3. So I guess it is, but the problem is there's pages and pages of stuff which isn't relevant to the series like just then with the football. This is quite annoying as it merges all the stuff together and makes it harder to find the stuff I actually want to read!

Last edited:
Alright 680hp. Check
What will the weight limit be.

This is gonna be fun.

The funny thing is i usually enjoy the replays better that the race. the close racing looks great on T.V

Lol I knew it was only a matter of time. Sorry Delphic

Anywayyyyyy is this now the thread we will use for the racing when it starts. The thread title originally said Interest and ideas. Now it just says season 3. So I guess it is, but the problem is there's pages and pages of stuff which isn't relevant to the series like just then with the football. This is quite annoying as it merges all the stuff together and makes it harder to find the stuff I actually want to read!

I would suggest starting a new thread when the actual event is going to take place. That way it will be nice and neat, and easy to follow. As you said, this thread was mainly for ideas. No problem starting a new thread for the actual event (and letting me know so I can temporarily close this one until the event is over).

When the event is over, this thread can be reopened to discuss the next event, and so on...

Sound fair?

;)

Yeh fair enough by me. BK will decide though. He is host of the series.

Good to hear.

By the way, I must say Vettel is doing a hell of a job this year. If he doesn't take the Championship (or if Red Bull can't their KERS working when it matters... Poor Webber) I'll eat my hat.

The rest of this discussion can be had in this forum:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15&prefixid=Formula1

Just thought I would mention it, since you're obviously such a big Vettel fan, and I'm a huge Formula 1 fan (despite KERS and DRS).

;)

Massive formula 1 nut too. Yeh KERS sucks and even more so with Red bull not getting it right. I like DRS personally in most situations but obviously some overtakes are too easy. I dont want red bull/mclaren domination though. Hopefully a few more teams can get involved like ferrari and Mercedes then it will turn in to a closer season. Ofcourse though I want to see vettel take it in the end.

Anyway going off topic (or should I say gone off topic).

:)

Massive formula 1 nut too. Yeh KERS sucks and even more so with Red bull not getting it right. I like DRS personally in most situations but obviously some overtakes are too easy. I dont want red bull/mclaren domination though. Hopefully a few more teams can get involved like ferrari and Mercedes then it will turn in to a closer season. Ofcourse though I want to see vettel take it in the end.

I couldn't agree more. Although I would add Lotus-Renault GP into the mix, as they seem to have a hell of a car.

Anyway going off topic (or should I say gone off topic).

:)

Indeed.

Back on topic...

When do you plan on getting this event underway? I'm interested to see how this kind of competition pans out.

;)

Delphic Reason
Back on topic...

When do you plan on getting this event underway? I'm interested to see how this kind of competition pans out.

;)

Pre-season race will take place. I believe Bermuda after review of the replay is able to finalize regulations and identify any racers that may not be able race. After which the race series begins. Racing is close amongst those with the same skills throughout each race course. For instance, if some can do 1:29's and others 1:32's it does not matter much as there are at least two racers hitting the same marks battling for position. After a lot of testing the cars have been matched up well to class and the best season I think is upon us. HP limit has changed and the testing for season 3 has shown closer and more action packed races.

Oh, as soon as PSN is up.

Pre-season race will take place. I believe Bermuda after review of the replay is able to finalize regulations and identify any racers that may not be able race. After which the race series begins. Racing is close amongst those with the same skills throughout each race course. For instance, if some can do 1:29's and others 1:32's it does not matter much as there are at least two racers hitting the same marks battling for position. After a lot of testing the cars have been matched up well to class and the best season I think is upon us. HP limit has changed and the testing for season 3 has shown closer and more action packed races.

Oh, as soon as PSN is up.

Good answer. 👍

That sounds fantastic. I look forward to following this.

I've been getting more and more interested in being involved in these kinds of online racing series. Observing the layout, structure, and organization of these events is a great way of getting started, I should think.

Good luck.

;)

I would expect this thread to serve as the entire discussion area for Season 3. I never really saw the need for race series to create a separate thread for every event during the course of the season. GTP Le Mans Series likes to be easy on the ol' SQL server.

2 - 0 to Barcelona. And on away goals.

Can someone clear up to me why it is that football people think that away goals are so much harder? I mean the pitch is the same length and width. The goals are the same length and width and the they are in the same place. Its just the stadium isn't. It seems awful odd. I mean say silvrstone had a duplicate in Germany which also hosted a F1 GP. I don't think that you would hear Hamilton and Button complaining at the German version about overtaking being difficult if they can also win the race at the British version.

(I know this is an odd example but this is the first thing that came to mind)

I posted this before reading page 35 so I will stay on-topic from now.

Last edited:
I would expect this thread to serve as the entire discussion area for Season 3. I never really saw the need for race series to create a separate thread for every event during the course of the season. GTP Le Mans Series likes to be easy on the ol' SQL server.

No need for a new thread after each race, but definately a new thread for when the season has started so that we don't have 50 pages about regulations before getting to the race action discussions.

Can someone clear up to me why it is that football people think that away goals are so much harder? I mean the pitch is the same length and width. The goals are the same length and width and the they are in the same place. Its just the stadium isn't. It seems awful odd. I mean say silvrstone had a duplicate in Germany which also hosted a F1 GP. I don't think that you would hear Hamilton and Button complaining at the German version about overtaking being difficult if they can also win the race at the British version.

(I know this is an odd example but this is the first thing that came to mind)

I posted this before reading page 35 so I will stay on-topic from now.

I'll send you a VM :)

No need for a new thread after each race, but definately a new thread for when the season has started so that we don't have 50 pages about regulations before getting to the race action discussions.

Srsly, why??? If all the dates, rules, regs are posted on the first page, then why does it need a new thread? All I ever read is the last 2 pages anyway.

It's a way to keep it seperated. Why would you want a 90-pages long discussion with both pre-season and season in it? Just do as BK have already done: insert the link to this discussion the season's OP and we can always find it again anyway.

Everything in this thread's OP would just be copy-pasted in to a new one. It's not a big job creating a new one. Much easier to find the possible discussions about the races in a new thread without having to run into discussions about forming teams.

Yes, i will be creating a new thread once psn is actually up. And i finish the OP.

Going to create the group today , I wan everyone to take a couple of good pictures of their car and upload to the group album

Going to create the group today , I wan everyone to take a couple of good pictures of their car and upload to the group album

I have joined the group. About the pictures. They have to be of the car we will be using this season right? I will post some pictures probably tomorrow as there is no school and I have more time.

I have joined the group. About the pictures. They have to be of the car we will be using this season right? I will post some pictures probably tomorrow as there is no school and I have more time.

Oh yes the royal wedding counts as a bank holiday. I originally thought that sucked for me cause I'm off tomorrow anyway because I'm still in my Easter holiday, but I get a day later off later on in the year to make up for it. I hope if/when I get married it gets as much attention as this :P

xX_F Alonso_Xx

wait , I haven't made te group yet ? What did you join ?????

wait , I haven't made te group yet ? What did you join ?????

Oh lol. I think I must have joined the old one or something. Wait a minute I will post the name.

EDIT: It's called 'GTP Le Mans Prototype Series'.

And by the way I have 4 pictures which I have posted now.

Last edited:
I think that is the group that BK tried deleting evryone from and it said he didn't have the rights yet when bombe checked, everyone had vanished. Myseterious. I will take some photos of my car. Do they have to show the car or can they be like cool photos with filters and blur and make people go ooh. We could run our own PMC. Just one round. Winner gets a massive nothing.

Last edited:
oh yEA!. i did create that. i must of forgot , i just didnt invite anyone.

EDIT:

Everyone has been invited. post 2 pictures. Nice ones that show off your car in detail. still shot or racing. Make it a good one because im going to use them to list the cars.

Ok cool I joined. I'll post pictures of the GT one tomorrow when I'm back off holiday. Boy has it gone fast. I face another 4 hour car journey coming back though :nervous:

In the mini photo contest Razor, Mike, Jake and tissimo will have an advantage cause they have premium cars. In photo mode premiums look the best ever.

Last edited:
As far as I know I the group has not been created. I am right? Oh and I have one very good photo it terms of style but it terms of showing the car it is not so good. I'll go on a photo shoot this evening

It has been created.

Join the social group "GTP Le Mans Prototype Series".

And you should upload the pictures in the social group, not in this thread ;)

Back