GTP Le Mans Prototype Series - Season 3

• Thread starter bermudakid
  • 1,230 comments

What 3 tracks would you like to see added? only vote for 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought that was sports clothes? Le Coq?

Yeah it is lol. In Top Gear, the boys went to race on ice in crummy little cars in France. On the side of one of them it said something like that. I can't remember exactly off the top of my head. There was another one that said Les Biens.

Just looked it up and it seems that Le Coq means Rooster or The Rooster - what kind of name is that for sports clothes? ;) Don't ask me how they came up with the name.

EDIT: Better not go anymore off-topic now or Delphic will finish his post with this smiley: :banghead:

Last edited:
X you wanted to be my team mate.
My team is called the Racists. Thats what we all
are, racists. People who race. No but seriously pick what ever name you want. If it makes you feel any better im
half Brazilian half German. Ayrton Schumacher is my
real name. I look like a blonde Lewis Hamilton.

bombe32
Just looked it up and it seems that Le Coq means Rooster or The Rooster - what kind of name is that for sports clothes? ;)

Probably just calling each other cocks.. Lol

C-ZETA's times maybe a bit off... maybe they reflect which cars are faster . but for sure the 908 shuold be ahead of the r10.... no?

C-ZETA's times maybe a bit off... maybe they reflect which cars are faster . but for sure the 908 shuold be ahead of the r10.... no?

It should, but I never tried the R10 Stealth nor have I seen its specs. The 908 should also be faster than the 905.

OK, The Raceists we are. Its just, most people are picking new team names and I thought we would be too but its alright. At the weekend I came up with a name that I would love my race team to be called when I grow up (if I own a race team) but I have forgotten. Hehe the hidden world of racing that goes on behind the scenes.
Oh and about the top gear things. My favourite 'sponsers' that they had were at the 24 hour in the Britcar race. Man that was funny. The two sponsers were Peniston Oil and Lasresons Biscuits. Both were written only on the side with specific parts on the sponsors names on the doors. Very good Top Gear. Ambitious but rubbish.

What team name should me and AS use? I don't want to re-use The Raceists and Pescarolo Sports is too generic because is Henri's actual team name (Henri Pescarolo)

It should have been something with Pesky in it. But as you've already decided, that's out of the question

The 908's handling and cornering speed just seemed a bit off for me. It didn't even seem faster than the others, though they felt a bit faster than the R10 and quite a bit faster than the 905...probably my setup just ruined the cornering speed and the cornering itself didn't do it for me either. But then again, neither did the R10's... :boggled: Maybe my 908 setup wasn't suited at all to Daytona. But, what can you do. I've decided and that's the end of it. :D

C-ZETA, try the Killer whale tune up for the 908's from RKM motorsport. It will feel planted in the corners and will be very fast.

C-ZETA, try the Killer whale tune up for the 908's from RKM motorsport. It will feel planted in the corners and will be very fast.

Agreed, it's epic. Works for online physics too. I noticed that Johny used that setup for his 908.

Funnily enough, that's the exact one I used. I was using TCS 1, ASM On and ABS 1, so maybe that made a difference.

When you'd imagine things like this would be professional like, you get these funny little names. 👍

They alway make me laugh.

Anyways, BK is there an official list or are you letting us handle it?

Get rid of the ASM, I use both TCS and ABS 1 and I do pretty ok... I think ;)

I find that no ASM makes you over steer and wheel spin most of the time out of the corners - as I found out in my original test with the 905. TCS is obviously there to get rid of wheel spin in general and ABS...really is an embodiment of success, really, isn't? Unless you do the Vettel Challenge. I bronzed that with no ABS, just SRF and 7 Steering Sensitivity.

To be honest: I don't know for sure what the ASM do. But I think I can remember some guys complaining about not being able to turn it off for the NASCAR events because it made it slower ... something like that.

Turning off as many assists as possible makes the car faster. I have only got ABS 1 and TCS 1, steering sensivity 7. Other than that I have 13 years of experience of racing games (yes, started at the age of 5 :) ), but still no wheel mounted, damn annoying.

advice : never use ASM it will make youre lap times much slower as it will correct over - and understeer everytime , Result : you will lose very much speed in slow and high speed corners.

advice : never use ASM it will make youre lap times much slower as it will correct over - and understeer everytime , Result : you will lose very much speed in slow and high speed corners.
Dont tell em that! :sly:

ASM sucks. It puts the front brakes on to kill of understeer. Really annoying if you want to push hard because it lowers your speed. I was the one complaining about it in the NASCAR event because the ASM in a 1.5 tonne car is always on in the corners which takes away 40mph. Or you go slowly and have no ASM interferance but then you go slow and are last. Very annoying. It sucks. I don't use TCS either. In GT5P i put it on 10 in a F40 once. Very funny watching honda civic accelerate faster. The turbo lag won't help either but where is my FF torque steering.

Oh and I like Pesty PEsky Team. Imagine if the real life LMP teams hired us lot to be team name designers. Well yes Mr Audi, I think you should enter the 24 hours under the name of The Raceists. Don't worry. Just make sure you have a mixed race team and no one will notice any links. Or walking up to Henri P and giving him Pesty Pesky. Imagine the commentators as well in the race. Its the pesty Pesty Pesky car coming up to the raceists. Watch out Pesty Pesky just in case he is raceist to the french.

Curse You Polyphony!!!!! for only letting us have 16 car grids. i would give an arm and a leg for a 30 car grid with no lag issues.

OK, I've done some testing with the 6 cars I've had and used some of the setups around here on them. The cars allowed here that I have are the R10 (Stealth), 787B (Stealth), the 905, both 908s and the Minolta. I took all of these cars around for a test at Road Course Daytona and here are the results. Keep in mind these are offline physics so the results might not transfer to the actual races.

6. 908 Oreca Matmut - 1:37.179
Clearly there wasn't much point to this since both seats are already taken but it was worth a try anyway. However after this test I cannot see how the 908 is so popular with you guys. I'm supposing you know the 908 is better with online physics but here it just didn't feel good at all through the corners. However it hit the fastest speed down the back straight - managed to get it to 207 mph.

5. 908 Peugeot Total - 1:36.107
Also was largely out of the question, but the results were the same as the Oreca Matmut, but my best lap somehow managed to be a whole second faster than it was with the Matmut. Still slower than anything else though.

4. R10 TDI Stealth Model - 1:35.893
This one is probably the hardest to get through the corners actually, but it somehow still managed to beat both the 908s. I wasn't really happy with the setup, it doesn't feel very good when braking at high speed, as I found out at the first corner.

3. 787B Stealth Model - 1:35.044
Quite a lot better than the R10 but still not completely perfect. It sometimes skidded in the corners but overall it wasn't all that bad.

2. 905 Race Car - 1:35.021
This was a surprise. The 905 is by far and away the easiest of the cars to drive. My second best lap in this was IDENTICAL :eek: to the best I set in the 787B but then I set a thunderous lap to beat it by just 2 hundredths.

1. Minolta Toyota 88C-V - 1:34.292
By far and away the clear winner, but it certainly didn't feel like it. It feels really shaky through the corners, but probably the winning factor for this car is its simply stonking acceleration. I don't know how it will do online but its so much faster than any of the others it'll probably trounce them all anyhow.

Youd be surprised. Everyone has a favorite car. They usually drive that car really fast. I could take the ezact same cars that you used to do this analysis and right down the times and the order might be flipped around the other way.

Everycar can be made to go fast. Each car usually has characteristics that suit different drivers. (I could be terrible in the minolta)

Hey blaze. Bit of a sudden turn off the topic we are on but do you want to be my teammate? I don't know if you have one though with Rich. If not I want to get in there first lol.

Btw (this is off topic) does anyone want to join my F1 2010 league. I've made a new group for it on the CM forums so if your already registered to CM forums take a look at it. If your not registered, register! It's on Tuesday nights and its been going for a while but never as a league just a mess about. Now I'm doing a championship season though starting in a few weeks. If any of you guys want to join in just let me know :).

Hey blaze. Bit of a sudden turn off the topic we are on but do you want to be my teammate? I don't know if you have one though with Rich. If not I want to get in there first lol.

Btw (this is off topic) does anyone want to join my F1 2010 league. I've made a new group for it on the CM forums so if your already registered to CM forums take a look at it. If your not registered, register! It's on Tuesday nights and its been going for a while but never as a league just a mess about. Now I'm doing a championship season though starting in a few weeks. If any of you guys want to join in just let me know :).

I dont think i have a teammate no one has asked me. So sure no problem. .were team GT Bull Japan

1. Bermudakid & A7XMaverick - Speed 8
2. Tissimo & razor70 - Mazda 787B - Team Wankel
3. Blaze_409 & Jamman48 Toyota Gt-One - Team GTBullJapan
4. MikeTheHockeyFan - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total
5.jml1010 & EliteDreamer or daibaspeed sorry not sure which one - sauber mercedes - MERC-Enaries
6. AllinWitJT & Mike46and2- Audi R8 05' - R.E. Racing
7. mu675 & GTP_Johny 908 Oreca Matmut / Autonomy Racing
8. bombe32 & C-ZETA - Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V
9.GT5_X2010 & MC CAULEY - Pescarolo C60 Hybride (team name unkown)

Last edited:
I dont think i have a teammate no one has asked me. So sure no problem. Were Team Toyota. Yay.

1. Bermudakid - Speed 8, BMW V12 or Audi R8 '05 ( I'm undecided )
2. Tissimo & razor70 - Mazda 787B - Team Wankel
3. Blaze_409 & SebVettelFan Toyota Gt-One - Team Toyota
4. MikeTheHockeyFan - Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total
5.jml1010 & EliteDreamer or daibaspeed sorry not sure which one - sauber mercedes - MERC-Enaries
6. AllinWitJT & Mike46and2- Audi R8 05' - R.E. Racing
7. mu675 & GTP_Johny 908 Oreca Matmut / Autonomy Racing
8. bombe32 & C-ZETA - Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V
9.GT5_X2010 & MC CAULEY - Pescarolo C60 Hybride (team name unkown)
10. Jamman48 & Rich S - Toyota GT one - Team GT bull Japan (if anyone else is using a GT one possibly?)
11. A7XMaverick - Speed 8
I'll do the GT Bull Japan, I'm using the GT One.

Its a shame the R10 isnt faster. I know in real life the thing would be right up there with anything else from the 90s and early 2000s. The reason is the physics "engine" that PD uses which is rigid and unchangeable. If a car's dimensions dont work well in the game's little world then it doesnt do well. Its good to have a game like GT5 though on PS3, with a realistic car feel.
I might have a look at it, I like the game, just not the physics which are cheap, minimal effort. Since that game is so different it might screw up my ability in Gran Turismo which should be paramount.

I'll do the GT Bull Japan, I'm using the GT One.

Its a shame the R10 isnt faster. I know in real life the thing would be right up there with anything else from the 90s and early 2000s. The reason is the physics "engine" that PD uses which is rigid and unchangeable. If a car's dimensions dont work well in the game's little world then it doesnt do well. Its good to have a game like GT5 though on PS3, with a realistic car feel.
I might have a look at it, I like the game, just not the physics which are cheap, minimal effort. Since that game is so different it might screw up my ability in Gran Turismo which should be paramount.

oh. Jamman48 is sebvettelfan. my teammate

Lol yeh sorry Rich S. I'm SebVettelFan/Jamman48. This is the problem with having 3 of one car. I just asked Blaze cause he was the first guy I remembered he had the GT one. I couldn't remember who the second guy was so I asked Blaze there and then lol. On a brighter note now though I am happy to be in a team with blaze. :)

Btw blaze if you don't like the the team name "Team GT bull Japan" we can change it if you want? I only chose GT bull Japan because we are driving GT ones from Japan and my old team name was Prancing Bulls (Ferrari and Red Bull) so I wanted to put a bit of that in to the name.

When you'd imagine things like this would be professional like, you get these funny little names. 👍

They alway make me laugh.

Anyways, BK is there an official list or are you letting us handle it?

list isnt official till after pre-season race

Back