GTP Mass Debating Contest- Heat 1

• Thread starter Danny
  • 97 comments
It wasn't too surprising that it came down to the last vote. Congratulations to Duke and Small_Fryz. This is a huge win for you guys, and also great job to the members of Team B. I'm really looking forward to your next debate. 👍

He'll need some plane tickets with that gun.

A very close round, congrats on the win Duke 👍. I'd have had a nightmare trying to call this one without which side of the debate I'd support getting in the way.

Well done Duke for writing up the 2 sections, the way your able to write things is very impressive!, turning some of my ideas into well structured sentances is something i can only do with a lot of thought and a great deal of effort.

Well done also to Famines team, you guys have done an outstanding job also 👍

Yeah, that was tough for me – I spent an hour trying to figure out which was better, and couldn’t, so I didn’t look at it for a day. Then I came back, and looked at them, and it took me another hour or so to make my decision. Really great job by both sides. 👍

Thanks, guys!

Like most of you, I too felt we edged Team B on the initial and they edged us on the rebuttal.

Team B took a very smart tack in staking out the training issue as their territory. The usual dividing line in this issue is "regulated ownership vs. total ban", whereas Team B wisely coopted our turf by shifting that line to "completely unregulated ownership vs. regulated ownership". This gave them a much more defensible position than they would have enjoyed if arguing for a total firearms ban.

Well played, sirs. I'm looking forward to the finals.

Back