GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 4,035 comments

Do you like your car?

• My car is the best, much better than anyone else's!

Votes: 476 34.8%
  • Yep, it always starts, doesn't cost much, and I like it.

Votes: 564 41.3%
  • Well, it's kinda rusting, driving is kinda scary at times,doesn't look too good.

Votes: 68 5.0%
  • It's in the junkyard, or will be soon.

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • Car? what car?

Votes: 245 17.9%

• Total voters
Very nice, should we be getting a "Hi GTP, from Blackbird." sign happening? Or maybe you've been here long enough to prove yourself trustworthy.:sly: Actually, no never mind, I forgot Americans can buy sports cars for the price of a loaf of bread.:grumpy:

19 years of age with a brand new car, what is this I don't even?

I will still have my first car until I have my opens...even then my first car will only be 10,000AUD.

19 years of age with a brand new car, what is this I don't even?

I will still have my first car until I have my opens...even then my first car will only be 10,000AUD.

He's 19? dang. Yeah, I thought I was doing well with my first car.. 6yrs old & 120k on the clock. Heck, I'm 30 now & have still never owned a "new" car. :P

I love when I hear 18 and 19 year olds bragging about their 20k+ cars that they have no way of convincing me they played any part in purchasing. At least my parents were smart and bought me a $5,000 1993 Accord when I was 18 in 2002. Stupid spoiled rich kids these days. DIAF.

My ride
184977_1590583330152_1402947049_31332724_2124370_n.jpg

180529_1583073582413_1402947049_31320660_8031067_n.jpg

180192_1583072262380_1402947049_31320657_2755899_n.jpg

155091_1483528453847_1402947049_31130471_7382595_n.jpg

summer RPF1's <3
36472_1322292103039_1402947049_30789150_1606892_n.jpg

I love when I hear 18 and 19 year olds bragging about their 20k+ cars that they have no way of convincing me they played any part in purchasing. At least my parents were smart and bought me a $5,000 1993 Accord when I was 18 in 2002. Stupid spoiled rich kids these days. DIAF.

Excuse me that I won't post my finances online but I've worked 15 hour shifts consecutively. I work in a restaurant where I leave 8-9 in the morning and come home past midnight, and work on holidays. So yes I earned it and paid for it with my own hard earned money. I'm the only one on the title. In fact the previous vehicle I owned, my Dodge Ram, was also paid with my own money from working. I don't expect you to immediately believe that I purchased/own this car exclusively but at least you can be a little bit less of an asshole about it. Why don't you try working 60-70 hour weeks and work on major holidays every year before dismissing others peoples' hard earned rewards?

Hah! Too bad I don't have time to go to Hooters like some people. :lol:

I try to stay away from Hooters now. Last time I went, the waitress yelled at me for flicking quarters onto the ground so the girls would pick it up and give it back to me.

I wish I could have seen the expression on her face when she saw that I left the quarter as part of my tip. :lol:

fitftw

You mad bro?

Just because some chooses to save their money and buy a nice car doesn't make them spoiled. Saving up for a down payment on a car isn't exactly a hard thing to do, nor is keeping up with payments. I'm 23 and I've owned two brand new cars, both bought entirely by me.

I'm also trying to figure out how you have any room to talk on this subject. Your parents bought you a car when you were under 19 and to a lot of people that would make you a spoiled rich kid...just saying broski.

I love when I hear 18 and 19 year olds bragging about their 20k+ cars that they have no way of convincing me they played any part in purchasing. At least my parents were smart and bought me a $5,000 1993 Accord when I was 18 in 2002. Stupid spoiled rich kids these days.
This argument is great; it always acts as if the person bought the entire car out at the signing. My situation must make your head spin, then if BB. gets you to post such jealousy.

BTW, with the current job description described below, it easily possibly that BB. is currently financing the car without issue.

Excuse me that I won't post my finances online but I've worked 15 hour shifts consecutively. I work in a restaurant where I leave 8-9 in the morning and come home past midnight, and work on holidays. So yes I earned it and paid for it with my own hard earned money. I'm the only one on the title. In fact the previous vehicle I owned, my Dodge Ram, was also paid with my own money from working. I don't expect you to immediately believe that I purchased/own this car exclusively but at least you can be a little bit less of an asshole about it. Why don't you try working 60-70 hour weeks and work on major holidays every year before dismissing others peoples' hard earned rewards?

ok well maybe I have a problem with idiots financing things. If you can't afford it outright, you don't need it. This goes for everything except MAYBE a house. This is why our economy is in the toilet. That's my philosophy, and I don't think it's an unwise one either. I don't mind being 27 driving around a car that cost me $4,000 + $5,000 in mods. It's all paid for, I have no debts. Must suck to be paying $300-400 a month for your brand new car over the next ~5+ years. If you don't have a problem with it, then don't complain that you work an exorbitant amount of hours per week. How do you even have time for GT5?

And to the guy who said "nice miata" I saw your sig, you have 3 Miatas? Post some pics man.

Last edited:
fitftw
ok well maybe I have a problem with idiots financing things. If you can't afford it outright, you don't need it. This goes for everything except MAYBE a house.

:lol: this statement is funny. Maybe a house? What are you going to live in? A cardboard box? And if you tell me an apartment, condo or anything you rent I'm going to laugh even harder since renting is worse then financing.

Based on the statements you're making it looks like you're being coloured green with envy because someone bought something new and nice.

Oh and my car payments were $150 a month so I don't know where this $300 figure comes in. Even with insurance it was $100 less then that.

And the world doesn't revolve around video games. Real car > virtual car any day.

dude I am not jealous of anyone or what they have. I simply want it to be known that buying new cars is not wise, and in fact very stupid unless as I said, you can afford the entire cost up front. Do you realize you could pay 5-10k less than sticker if you have cash in hand? Salesmen want sales. A big chunk of money up front is worth more than chump change every month for many years. And I do rent an apartment. It's not as bad as financing right now and it doesn't screw the economy. Once I get my degree, I'll find a house in Florida and use the VA home loan since I was in the military.

Buying a new car isn't necessarily unwise. You get a car that should be mostly problem free and it comes with a warranty in case it isn't. Also with many new car maintenance is covered for a select time, mines covered up to 100,000 miles.

And what makes you seem jealous is you immediately pulled the "parents bought it" card on a car that isn't overly expensive. And then called him a spoiled rich kid on top of it. If you would have used the "new cars are a waste of money" card you wouldn't be seen as turnin green with envy.

And I just read the part that you dumped $5,000 into a $4,000 car and would be lucky to probably get $3,000 out of it. Really? And you're giving financial advice about cars?

I'm sure you'll counter with the "it's my money" card and I totally agree, which is why you should lay off Blackbird since it's his money to do with what he wants...including financing a brand new Stang.

Buy what you want how you want, it's entirely up to you. There is no right or wrong way to buy things, why bother arguing about it? They put out options for people who don't have 20k outright but understand they have the pay the extra 2 or 3k in the end to get what they want.

I am working a 13hour a week job at a supermarket and am still saving 100ish per week. I will pay for a car of around 10k happily with cash but if I were a bit older, say, going on my second car I would definitely think about financing it. It is nice to spoil yourself.

Thank god nobody follows your flawed logic about not buying things you can't pay in full for. Else nearly every single manufacturer would be out of business seeing as most people don't have even $20,000 to drop on a car at the time of purchase.

Hence, why financing is around. For everything. $20 says you have had items yourself that you weren't able to completely afford when you bought them, so you made a couple payments.

And you're right. I don't need 3 cars I couldn't afford to buy out right, but I still have them because I can afford to make payments on all 3 of them.

Let me know if that upsets you as well or if I'm hurting the economy.

...And to the guy who said "nice miata" I saw your sig, you have 3 Miatas? Post some pics man.

2 Miata's & an MX-3 with an MX-6's heartbeat. Unfortunately, (or is it fortunately? haha), I don't work 80 hours a week as well as am more concerned with performance than aesthetics. In short, I'm too poor to spend "extra money" on something as boring as paint, right now. They're fun to drive though. :) Of course if I'd stick to one, life would be easier, but I have a hard time letting my babies go! This is probably the only decent pic I've got of any of them, bone stock, on top of Pike's Peak a couple years ago. As a fellow Miata/Mazda guy, what do you think.. supercharge it or sell the other two & drop ALL my cash on an FD? (keeping the M as 'ole faithful)

DSC00313.jpg

(surprisingly, even those M-edition Enkei's are only 14lbs)

...I don't need 3 cars I couldn't afford to buy out right, but I still have them because I can afford to make payments on all 3 of them. ...

Wow, you're making payments on 3 cars? :cheers: - I'll leave it @ that!!

ok well maybe I have a problem with idiots financing things. If you can't afford it outright, you don't need it. This goes for everything except MAYBE a house. This is why our economy is in the toilet. That's my philosophy, and I don't think it's an unwise one either. I don't mind being 27 driving around a car that cost me $4,000 + $5,000 in mods. It's all paid for, I have no debts. Must suck to be paying $300-400 a month for your brand new car over the next ~5+ years. If you don't have a problem with it, then don't complain that you work an exorbitant amount of hours per week. How do you even have time for GT5?

And to the guy who said "nice miata" I saw your sig, you have 3 Miatas? Post some pics man.

Would you like to send me an agenda on what I should purchase with my money? Would you like to run for President to get our economy out of the toilet? It's my money, and I plan to pay for it before 5 years. I wanted to take advantage of a President's Day deal where the car was below invoice price. I am not complaining about working an exorbitant amount of hours per week. I like my job, and I enjoy reaping my rewards. I only mentioned how many hours I work in reply to people questioning how I was able to purchase my car. I wasn't looking for people who want to complain about my car, I was sharing with the gtplanet community. This thread is about "GTP Member's cars directory. What do you drive?" Would you rather I not post about my car? Why don't you post in another thread that has to do with the economy. Maybe you would like to post also in a thread about how idiots brought the subprime housing market down and the economy with it?

Btw, I have had plenty of time to play GT5. I don't necessarily play it 24/7. I earn my living and at the moment enjoy driving my car around.

dude I am not jealous of anyone or what they have. I simply want it to be known that buying new cars is not wise, and in fact very stupid unless as I said, you can afford the entire cost up front. Do you realize you could pay 5-10k less than sticker if you have cash in hand? Salesmen want sales. A big chunk of money up front is worth more than chump change every month for many years. And I do rent an apartment. It's not as bad as financing right now and it doesn't screw the economy. Once I get my degree, I'll find a house in Florida and use the VA home loan since I was in the military.
Your outlook on credit is far to conservative.

Credit is what allows regular people to be able to purchase a house at all - without it, they probably wouldn't be able to save up $150,000+ until they were 40 years old. Unless they're living with their parents until they're 40, they'll be living somewhere that they don't own, and wasting could-be house payments on rent that they'll never get back. Do you think it's a good idea to waste perfectly good mortgage payments on rent that goes to somebody else's pocket?

Cars are great things to buy with credit - within reason, of course. A person buying a car on credit has to show some restraint because the value of the car drops drastically compared to a house - which typically trend slowly upwards - and it's also super easy to get yourself into a deal you can't afford in the long run. Using credit to buy a reasonably priced car might be what makes or breaks that fancy new job offer you got - the offer that will allow you to pay off your mortgage and car loan that much sooner.

Higher education expenses are also "good" debt. They're a legitimate investment into your future, and there's really no way around it. You must spend that money if you ever expect to afford anything else throughout your life, and for the vast majority of college students and parents, loans are the only way to afford it when they need it. The idea is to spend your $25,000 per year for 4 or 5 or however many years, and then land a job which allows you to pay off your college debt, mortgage, and car payments comfortably.

A house, college education, and maybe even a reasonably priced new car can all be considered investments, and buying them now with good credit can help you actually own them that much sooner.

The problem that plagues so many people isn't credit at all - it is irresponsibility.

People financing things and not making payments hurts the economy. People financing things and making payments is good for the economy. See the difference, fitftw?

Purchasing goods from businesses = good. Stealing goods from businesses = bad.

And on keefs point, I know sure as heck I wouldnt have a credit score of 800 if I hadn't financed a car.

Last edited:
mmmmm. Sonicama wagon. It's the holy grail of P2 Rs. Makes me hate my SR. GT or Manual?

It's a GT, I knew when I bought it that my son would end up driving it, which he did last fall, and it's not his, he has use of it. I will say it's one of the best screwed together cars I've owned. One of like 530 in 06 and one of 10 in that combo for 06.

And you're right. I don't need 3 cars I couldn't afford to buy out right, but I still have them because I can afford to make payments on all 3 of them.

Let me know if that upsets you as well or if I'm hurting the economy.

I thought you just had the Bimmer and TL. What's the third?

masonholmes, that is a beautiful M edition. Pikes Peak that must have been awesome. I'd sell the other two and get an FD. I want an FD to sit right next to the Miata someday.

masonholmes, that is a beautiful M edition. Pikes Peak that must have been awesome. I'd sell the other two and get an FD. I want an FD to sit right next to the Miata someday.

Thanks man, she's got some subtle performance mods that show through now/since that pic, like 11" rotors, Borla catback etc. (and it's damn tempting about an FD!!) I was actually the LAST person off the mountain other than the security truck behind me.. who was yelling through a loudspeaker to hurry up because I was slowing down to take pics over the roof-line along the way. After a few turns I said F-this, cranked some Octane & zipped down it pretty quick for a "civilian". Since the road was closed/I knew nobody was coming up, I was free to hog both lanes. :D

Oh, and Keef, all I can say about your financial babble is that calling a car a financial investment/great thing to buy on credit, is one of the silliest things I've read in awhile - thx for the :lol:👍!!

Last edited:
I thought you just had the Bimmer and TL. What's the third?
'08 Civic Si.
Oh, and Keef, all I can say about your financial babble is that calling a car a financial investment/great thing to buy on credit, is one of the silliest things I've read in awhile - thx for the :lol:👍!!
Except he's absolutely correct. A car is a fantastic thing to build credit with, esp. at a young age. As he said, within' reason, though.

My car payments being paid on the time are the sole reason my score is where it is. I don't used credit cards, & my insurance and phone bills sure as hell don't contribute as much as the cars.

Back